Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 859 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 43  Next
 Post subject: Re: MLB Hot Stove 08-09
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:11 pm 
Red Mosquito, my libido

pnjguy wrote:
Samwise wrote:
pnjguy wrote:
EllisEamos wrote:
HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Quote:
According to the Los Angeles Daily News, the Dodgers have made an opening offer to Manny Ramirez.
The speculation is that they're offering $25 million per year for two or three seasons. Ramirez isn't expected to sign anytime soon. Agent Scott Boras is looking for a six-year deal that would take Manny up to age 42.

I'm convinced Manny could hit till he's 50.

Yep, and then good luck to that team when in year 3 of the contract Manny feels that the organization isn't coming thru on their full commitment to winning, so he decides to completely quit on them, too :roll:

If you get one or two world series wins with him, i don't think it really matters.

Uhhhh, yes it does.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:18 pm 
Interweb Celebrity

some interesting jake peavy stats:

http://chicagocubsonline.com/archives/2 ... entral.php

Career Innings Pitched Per Start

-- 2008 - 27 starts - 173 2/3 innings - 6.43 innings per start
-- 2007 - 34 starts - 223 1/3 innings - 6.57 innings per start
-- 2006 - 32 starts - 202 1/3 innings - 6.32 innings per start
-- 2005 - 30 starts - 203 innings - 6.77 innings per start

Career Numbers in NL Central Parks

-- Great American Ball Park - 3-0 in 5 starts with a 3.16 ERA and a 1.28 WHIP (2 home runs allowed in 31 1/3 innings)
-- Minute Maid Park - 4-2 in 7 starts with a 3.38 ERA and a 1.31 WHIP (4 home runs allowed in 42 2/3 innings)
-- Miller Park - 0-3 in 4 starts with a 3.43 ERA and a 1.67 WHIP (4 home runs allowed in 21 innings)
-- PNC Park - 3-0 in 3 starts with a 2.25 ERA and a 1.00 WHIP (1 home run allowed in 20 innings)
-- Busch Stadium - 1-1 in 2 starts with a 2.77 ERA and a 1.07 WHIP (4 home runs allowed in 13 innings)

Career against the NL Central

-- Cincinnati Reds - 5-0 in 9 starts with a 2.31 ERA and a 1.12 WHIP
-- Houston Astros - 7-4 in 14 starts with a 2.31 ERA and a 1.15 WHIP
-- Milwaukee Brewers - 3-3 in 9 starts with a 2.82 ERA and a 1.16 WHIP
-- Pittsburgh Pirates - 5-1 in 7 starts with a 1.85 ERA and a 0.95 WHIP
-- St. Louis Cardinals - 3-3 in 8 starts with a 3.20 ERA and a 1.22 WHIP

We gotta watch our backs

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:23 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

cutuphalfdead wrote:
pnjguy wrote:
Samwise wrote:
pnjguy wrote:
EllisEamos wrote:
HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Quote:
According to the Los Angeles Daily News, the Dodgers have made an opening offer to Manny Ramirez.
The speculation is that they're offering $25 million per year for two or three seasons. Ramirez isn't expected to sign anytime soon. Agent Scott Boras is looking for a six-year deal that would take Manny up to age 42.

Yep, and then good luck to that team when in year 3 of the contract Manny feels that the organization isn't coming thru on their full commitment to winning, so he decides to completely quit on them, too :roll:

If you get one or two world series wins with him, i don't think it really matters.

Uhhhh, yes it does.

not really though, to me at least.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:42 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

cutuphalfdead wrote:
pnjguy wrote:
Samwise wrote:
pnjguy wrote:
EllisEamos wrote:
HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Quote:

Uhhhh, yes it does.

I'd let Manny kick me in the balls all he wanted if it meant winning a ring.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:11 pm 
Red Mosquito, my libido

Joesanity wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
pnjguy wrote:
Samwise wrote:
pnjguy wrote:
EllisEamos wrote:
HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Quote:

Uhhhh, yes it does.

You say that now. He won me two rings, and I still hate him for his piss poor showing this past year.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:56 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Joesanity wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
pnjguy wrote:
Samwise wrote:
pnjguy wrote:
EllisEamos wrote:
HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Quote:

Uhhhh, yes it does.

You say that now. He won me two rings, and I still hate him for his piss poor showing this past year.

I'm not saying you shouldn't hate him. The question is, Would you trade your two rings for him not being a dick and for him staying with the Red Sox? I don't think so.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:33 am 
AnalLog

the sox won for lots of reasons, one of them being manny, but not solely b/c of him. so this argument is unbelievably stupid.

if you sign manny for $25+ million a season, but fail to get a closer or any help in the rotation, then this deal is the proverbial lipstick on a pig... which is what manny was most of his time in Boston. He's one of the worst LF in the game, hits great (when he wants to), is not a clubhouse guy or veteran leader. He'll never hit until he's 50, although he probably could, because he's too much of a prima donna.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:38 am 
Red Mosquito, my libido

Agreed, saying we won simply because of manny is a huge fuck you to the rest of the 04 and 07 teams.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:16 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Joesanity wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
pnjguy wrote:
Samwise wrote:
pnjguy wrote:
EllisEamos wrote:
HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Quote:

Uhhhh, yes it does.

I'm saying that because I want a freaking parade before I die and I don't care who gets it for me or what they do after that.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:25 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Agreed, saying we won simply because of manny is a huge fuck you to the rest of the 04 and 07 teams.

I never said he did. All i said that i would put up with it if he got me a ring.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:58 am 
AnalLog

pnjguy wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

I never said he did. All i said that i would put up with it if he got me a ring.

that's just it, he wasn't any more instrumental than Papi, Schilling, Pedro, Lowe, Foulke, Varitek, Mueller, Roberts, Millar, Timlin, Bellhorn, Damon, Beckett, Lester, Papelbon, Youk, Lowell, Pedroia, Ellsbury, #7, Oki...

honestly, you've got no case, the sox were loaded both years, manny just happened to still be here which the FO didn't want to happen...(re: failed arod deal... imagine if they had gotten A-rod & Magglio in the offseason before '03)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:39 am 
Red Mosquito, my libido

EllisEamos wrote:
pnjguy wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

that's just it, he wasn't any more instrumental than Papi, Schilling, Pedro, Lowe, Foulke, Varitek, Mueller, Roberts, Millar, Timlin, Bellhorn, Damon, Beckett, Lester, Papelbon, Youk, Lowell, Pedroia, Ellsbury, #7, Oki...

honestly, you've got no case, the sox were loaded both years, manny just happened to still be here which the FO didn't want to happen...(re: failed arod deal... imagine if they had gotten A-rod & Magglio in the offseason before '03)

If you took Manny out of those teams and plugged a player of Jason Bay caliber in LF instead those are still WS caliber teams.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:04 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

cutuphalfdead wrote:
EllisEamos wrote:
pnjguy wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

If you took Manny out of those teams and plugged a player of Jason Bay caliber in LF instead those are still WS caliber teams.

But im assuming that he would bring me a championship

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:18 pm 
AnalLog

pnjguy wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
EllisEamos wrote:
pnjguy wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

and your wrong... even jokingly... its wrong.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:34 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

EllisEamos wrote:
pnjguy wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
EllisEamos wrote:
pnjguy wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

and your wrong... even jokingly... its wrong.

no sir.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:30 am 
Interweb Celebrity

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/mlb

Jake Peavy is going to be a Brave or Cub in the next few weeks. Padre GM Kevin Towers said yesterday, "The train has left the station." Translation: There is no doubt his ace will be traded. Towers said he had moved far enough along in trade conversations during the just-completed GM meetings to be confident that Peavy will be dealt before the Dec. 8-11 Winter meetings in Las Vegas.

The Braves remain the front-runner for Peavy. However, the Cubs are trying to obtain Peavy and re-sign Ryan Dempster. That would enable them to form a dynamic rotation, with that duo plus Rich Harden, Ted Lilly and Carlos Zambrano. The Dodgers also have weighed in on Peavy. But the Padres would expect a greater return on Peavy from a division competitor, and the Dodgers seem more focused on either retaining Derek Lowe or chasing CC Sabathia than trading for Peavy.

--

Yankee GM Brian Cashman had dinner Wednesday night with Scott Boras (the agent picked up the tab), and discussed four clients in particular: Derek Lowe, Mark Teixeira, Oliver Perez and Manny Ramirez. It is probably in that order that the Yanks have interest. For now, the Yanks' baseball operations department has minimal interest in Ramirez.

We gotta watch our backs

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:26 pm 
AnalLog

pnjguy wrote:
no sir.

are you joking? forgetting the fact that he has ONLY two rings in 15 years, and the fact that he didn't bring an automatic ring to the Dodgers, what makes you think that he would bring you a ring? and let's not forget he's 36, turning 37 this coming season and could possibly be older given the fact that birth certificates are so often faked and he acts senile most days.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:07 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

EllisEamos wrote:
pnjguy wrote:
no sir.

are you joking? forgetting the fact that he has ONLY two rings in 15 years, and the fact that he didn't bring an automatic ring to the Dodgers, what makes you think that he would bring you a ring? and let's not forget he's 36, turning 37 this coming season and could possibly be older given the fact that birth certificates are so often faked and he acts senile most days.

sounds like a bitter red sox fan to me. Just look at his postseason statistics. He is the best, "good pitching" hitter i have ever seen in my life. So he's a dickhead, and screwed you guys, get over it, but don't take away what he had accomplished. The Dodgers were lost before his arrival. But that's beside the point, I was talking hypothetically, and you're just getting way too involved in what i'm talking about. Good Day.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:19 pm 
Red Mosquito, my libido

pnjguy wrote:
EllisEamos wrote:
pnjguy wrote:
no sir.

sounds like a bitter red sox fan to me. Just look at his postseason statistics. He is the best, "good pitching" hitter i have ever seen in my life. So he's a dickhead, and screwed you guys, get over it, but don't take away what he had accomplished. The Dodgers were lost before his arrival. But that's beside the point, I was talking hypothetically, and you're just getting way too involved in what i'm talking about. Good Day.

Actually he makes a good point. If having Manny means he will get you a ring then Nick and Koufax would be a lot happier right now.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:21 pm 
Stone's Bitch

A first round sweep felt a lot like a ring after the shit that had been dealt to Dodger fans the last 20 years.

Winner, 2008 US Pearl Jam fantasy league. :D

Everton FC: 3-1-5
Anaheim Webbed D's: 5-6-2
USC Football: 7-2
Denver Broncos: 3-5

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 859 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 43  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports