Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1581 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 80  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:30 am 
Cameron's Stallion
 WWW  Profile

:lol: :lol: :lol:

but seriously, congratulations on 600 wickets, without a doubt the best spin bowler the world has ever seen.

In a recent survey 32% of men claimed they preferred blondes, the other 68% said they'd take what they could get.

Flips: ATA Hangover technician

"Andy is called Andy" Mookieblaylock in London 18/06/07 :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:46 pm 
Force of Nature

At the moment Warne is our best bowler and batsmen! Hope he can continue on from his
45 n.o., unlike our top order.

Shame about the rain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:20 pm 
Force of Nature
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Oh my god...another nail-biting finish. Last game went England's way this time Australia managed to hold on for a draw. This has been the best series in my lifetime only WI-Aus in '99 and India-Aus in '01 come close for sheer performance and edge of the seat suspense. On to Trent Bridge then...god I love test Cricket.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:54 pm 
Supersonic

Flips wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

but seriously, congratulations on 600 wickets, without a doubt the best spin bowler the world has ever seen.

hes the undeniable master.

ill never forget when he missed an international tour and someone in the crowd turned up with a massive "shane - too fat for the plane" banner. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:50 pm 
Unthought Known

Clann Zú wrote:
Oh my god...another nail-biting finish. Last game went England's way this time Australia managed to hold on for a draw. This has been the best series in my lifetime only WI-Aus in '99 and India-Aus in '01 come close for sheer performance and edge of the seat suspense. On to Trent Bridge then...god I love test Cricket.

Aussies tour of West Indies in 1995 was pretty decent, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:04 am 
Force of Nature

Citizen_Soma wrote:
"shane - too fat for the plane"

that's a great one liner.

Talk about getting out of jail. Lucky it rained for a day otherwise The Aussie would have been flogged.

If the Aussie batsmen don't adjust their batting they will loose the next two tests. England adjusted after the first test, and now look alot better, whereas the Australian top order haven't.

To me the big difference is England getting the ball swinging in from about the 30 over mark. The only ones that seem to be able to keep the ball out out are the tail enders.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:10 am 
Cameron's Stallion
 WWW  Profile

What a test match, really really tense finish, I was jumping around like a madman when we got Warne and Ponting out, shame we couldn't finish them off.

I think if Simon Jones hadn't of gone off with cramp then we would've finished the aussies off.

I was there on Sunday and it was a great day, unbelieveable atmosphere.

Roll on Trent Bridge on the 25th.

In a recent survey 32% of men claimed they preferred blondes, the other 68% said they'd take what they could get.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:26 pm 
Unthought Known

Aussies lack someone who can swing the ball. 3 Poms bowl consistently over 140. It's time for Tait.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:31 pm 
Unthought Known

Hinny wrote:
Aussies lack someone who can swing the ball. 3 Poms bowl consistently over 140. It's time for Tait.

i agree, dizzy has had it. Although i am not sure if Tait can reverse swing it, our batsman certaintly can't face it at the moment. Interest comments from Kim Hughes here about our batsman.

http://content.cricinfo.com/australia/c ... 16177.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:32 am 
Force of Nature

clint72 wrote:
Hinny wrote:

i agree, dizzy has had it. Although i am not sure if Tait can reverse swing it, our batsman certaintly can't face it at the moment. Interest comments from Kim Hughes here about our batsman.

http://content.cricinfo.com/australia/c ... 16177.html

Tait can reserve swing the ball quite well and he gets it going late. He swings the new pill out, and old pill in to right-handers.

Hughes is right though, only Australia and England have decent attacks in the world. Our Batsmen just needed to go on with there starts, and we should be right. Katich looked like a number 11 against Flintoff on the last day, which is a worry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:15 am 
Got Some

I can't believe it. Australia get a draw because of the weather...

*adopts Michael Palin voice*

You lucky, lucky, lucky bastards!!

Any excuses from Shades?? No??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:29 am 
Unthought Known

spaggy boy wrote:
Any excuses from Shades?? No??

The coin toss... it was a rort. It had 2 heads.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:41 pm 
Unthought Known

clint72 wrote:
don't make fun of my mate rick
that will bite you on the arse :evil: :thumbsdown: :twisted: :twisted:

i know its not cool to quote yourself but can i use this one :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:56 am 
Cameron's Stallion
 WWW  Profile

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket ... 175648.stm

Quote:
Tait chosen to replace Gillespie

Tait has only 27 first-class games under his belt
Paceman Shaun Tait will make his Test debut for Australia in Thursday's fourth Ashes encounter at Trent Bridge.

The 22-year-old got the nod ahead of Glamorgan's Michael Kasprowicz as the tourists look for an alternative to the out-of-form Jason Gillespie.

Tait becomes the first Australian bowler to make his debut in an Ashes match since Matt Nicholson in 1998-99.

"We've had trouble facing him in the nets, I expect the England batsmen will have some trouble," said Ricky Ponting.

Kasprowicz could still feature for the Aussies if fast bowler Glenn McGrath fails to shake off an elbow injury.

McGrath, who missed the second Test with an ankle injury, complained of soreness in his right elbow during Tuesday's practice at Trent Bridge and has already had a scan.

Meanwhile, Australia captain Ricky Ponting, whose side are all square at 1-1 in the five-Test series, is relishing the chance to unleash Tait, who has a slingy action and can swing the ball.

We have all been pretty excited by the prospect of him playing at some stage of this Ashes tour after what he did in Australia last year
Australia captain Ricky Ponting

Ponting said: "He knows we want him and need him to run in, bowl fast and try to get wickets for us. That is the way he will be used in this Test match.

"He might not have the best control in the world but when he gets it right he has that ability to be very dangerous.

"Looking at the conditions here the ball should swing around a bit which will make it even more difficult to combat him.

"Dizzy (Gillespie) has gone for a few anyway, he has not been at his best and able to contain batsmen for periods of time so if you add that up Tait might go for a few runs but he has that wicket-taking ability.

"If we set the right sort of fields to him at different stages and use him and Brett Lee in shorter bursts in the next two games I think we will be able to cope."

Tait had an unsuccessful spell with Durham last summer - taking no wickets for 176 runs from 18 overs in his only two County Championship matches - and was then released.

But he had a superb season with South Australia back in Adelaide, taking 65 wickets in the Pura Cup, the second-best return in the history of Australia's first-class competition.

And though Tait still has only 27 first-class games under his belt, Ponting is certain he will have an impact at Trent Bridge.

"We have all been pretty excited by the prospect of him playing at some stage of this Ashes tour after what he did in Australia last year," he added.

"He has produced some good pace in the nets and has been some hard work for all of us over the last couple of months.

"Shaun is a young bloke who is dying to get out and have a crack at cricket at the highest level.

"He is someone with a unique sort of action and that out-and-out striking ability which is very exciting for all of his team-mates to be standing in the slips or in the field when he is running in to bowl."

What do you Aussies think of this? I don't know much about him myself, anyone care to shed some light on him?

the bit in bold has gotta be encouraging for the England team

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:37 pm 
Force of Nature

Flips wrote:

What do you Aussies think of this? I don't know much about him myself, anyone care to shed some light on him?

I like it to be honest, he's fairly sharp and he swings it out, i don't think he's as quick as Lee, but his action is very slingy, i bit like Jeff Thommo action.

His spell in Durham doesn't worry me, he's a used to be a hit or a miss type of bowler, either 5 for 20 or 0 for 50. But last year in the toughest First-Class cricket comp in the world he took 65 wickets (in 10 matches), and playing half of those matches on a road at the Adelaide Oval. Which from what i've been reading in the paper, Trent Bridge will also be a road.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:27 pm 
Unthought Known

Punter wrote:
Flips wrote:

I like it to be honest, he's fairly sharp and he swings it out, i don't think he's as quick as Lee, but his action is very slingy, i bit like Jeff Thommo action.

His spell in Durham doesn't worry me, he's a used to be a hit or a miss type of bowler, either 5 for 20 or 0 for 50. But last year in the toughest First-Class cricket comp in the world he took 65 wickets (in 10 matches), and playing half of those matches on a road at the Adelaide Oval. Which from what i've been reading in the paper, Trent Bridge will also be a road.

Punter you make a lot of sense.
Hope we lose the toss then bowl tonight so i can get a look at him.
come on Aussies......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:06 am 
Got Some
 WWW  Profile

Perhaps the biggest cricket match to occur in the last couple of years. Lets hope it delivers...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:04 am 
Force of Nature

Personally I think it's a good idea that Tait was included in the team. He will bring some much needed fire power and enthusiasm to the side. He is the only player in our team who has the ability to swing the ball consistently.

If this test match plays anything like the last two matches were in for a cracker! :D

Question: If the series were to end in a draw, would Australia keep the Ashes or would it be shared?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:29 am 
Unthought Known

Flips wrote:

Not hard to score off him. Not all that hard to lose your wicket to him, either.

He struck one of the batsman in the tour game. The guy bled so profusely, they had to carry him off. In the nets, he shattered Langer's protective box. Slightly slower than Bung Knee, but his bouncers just seem more effective and more intimidating.

He doesn't care about line and length. He wants the wicket, and he wants to take it by breaking the stumps. Not knocking it over. Breaking it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:14 pm 
Force of Nature
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Tim wrote:
Question: If the series were to end in a draw, would Australia keep the Ashes or would it be shared?

Australia will keep it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1581 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 80  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports