Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 937 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 47  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:02 pm 
Unthought Known

zutmon wrote:
bostonlou wrote:
zutmon wrote:
little_secrets wrote:
Jimjamin wrote:
The Eagles are a complete team unlike the Colts and the Steelers. The Steelers have a complete team but are young at QB and the Pats exploited it.

that's all well + good but can't you see which way the wind's blowing?

the patriots are going to mug them

Deion Branch is going to get knocked into 2025 by Dawk-flex if he goes deep over the middle. In every big game, Dawkins knocks out someone.

Anyway, this has been the healthiest the eagles have ever been on defense. JJ will have the defense prepared. If McNabb can limit the turnovers (which the Pats feast off of), it will be a close game.

seriously... Dawk-flex?? this is supposed to be an intimidating nickname?

try this one.... Rodney Harrison

I was afraid of the Colts
Then I was some what confident against the Steelers

now I just laugh at the Eagles... This is going to be like the World Series... a great win but not as exciting due to it being a blowout

Why don't you take your Steve Grogan worthless ass and that stupid Pats avatar back to Synergy? Its amazing that Pats fans are so forgetful of when they won their first Super Bowl over the Rams. Everyone and their ugly sister picked the Rams and guess who won. The underdog. Just keep up the over confidence.

What kind of name is BostonLou anyway? Oh hey its bostonlou, that's gay.

That's weak.

"Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight" - Albert Schweitzer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:02 pm 
Of Counsel

PJDoll wrote:
punkdavid wrote:
Boston fan: We are TOTALLY more envious of New York than anyplace else.

Philly fan: Fuck that shit. Nobody envies New York like we do. We ARE the poor man's New York.

Boston fan: Ah you shittin me? We've been playing second fiddle to New York for the last hundred years.

Philly fan: Oh, cry me a fucking river. Your Red Sox fucking WON this year, and you're still trying to tell me that you envy New York more than we do? We've got fucking nothing in this shitburg but a stinky river and an expansive ghetto. At least your town has some culture of it's own and some character.

Boston fan: WE'VE got character? What about you guys with your Ben Franklin and Declaration of Independence and shit? Plus your city's like twice the size of ours, and therefore much more like New York.

Philly fan: Blow me. You're the ones with culture, with all them colleges and shit. Have you ever seen the fucking neighborhoods OUR good colleges are in? It's fucking Baghdad. They make the neighborhood around Columbia University look like Greenwich.

et cetera...

--PunkDavid

You've lost your damned mind!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

--PunkDavid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:03 pm 
Force of Nature

PJDoll wrote:
little_secrets wrote:
Jimjamin wrote:
PJDoll wrote:
Jimjamin wrote:
That's the point I am looking at it that way. I never said the Eagles were the better team in fact I have been giving the Pats props all year. I just feel as though the Eagles don't get a lot of respect as a good team because of A. their 3 past loss's ans B. because of a weak conference. If you throw them out and look at the teams and look at the coaching these teams are similiar except styles.

You're absolutely right - they don't get the credit they should (by myself included here) because of the weak NFC this year. They're better than they need to be to win that conference but because the competition is so weak no one sees it. It's like being the strongest person in a group of invalids. No one really knows how strong you truly are because it didn't take that much to win that title.

I'll totally agree with you there. I don't like it how people just assume it. If they were merely just a product of the weak NFC this year then they would just be getting by but their number are very good

if the pats hadn't just put a 41 spot on a 16-1 Steeler team in their house maybe i'd be giving philly more of a chance

Oh, don't get me wrong - I'm still picking the Pats, but I do think I was wrong in the lack of credit I was giving Philly.

I think so because they just proved how good they were, and will now prove that they are on the same level as these hyped up AFC teams

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:09 pm 
Supersonic

punkdavid wrote:

Philly fan: Fuck that shit. Nobody envies New York like we do. We ARE the poor man's New York.

Boston fan: Ah you shittin me? We've been playing second fiddle to New York for the last hundred years.

Philly fan: Oh, cry me a fucking river. Your Red Sox fucking WON this year, and you're still trying to tell me that you envy New York more than we do? We've got fucking nothing in this shitburg but a stinky river and an expansive ghetto. At least your town has some culture of it's own and some character.

Boston fan: WE'VE got character? What about you guys with your Ben Franklin and Declaration of Independence and shit? Plus your city's like twice the size of ours, and therefore much more like New York.

Philly fan: Blow me. You're the ones with culture, with all them colleges and shit. Have you ever seen the fucking neighborhoods OUR good colleges are in? It's fucking Baghdad. They make the neighborhood around Columbia University look like Greenwich.

et cetera...

--PunkDavid

I think Philadelphians and Bostonians can both agree that New York fucking blows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:09 pm 
Supersonic
 WWW  Profile

flavdave wrote:
SuneilKumar wrote:
I'll give the Eagles credit for making it this far. The Eagles defense WILL post a big challenge for us. Grimmace is absolutely right about the blitzing, as that is what they're notorious for doing. Westbrook performed very well yesterday, and I think the Eagles will use him a lot. Pinkston is probably going to be McNabb's primary weapon. However, the long bombs he throws will likely be intercepted based on Samuel's performance.
As for Pats offense, Brady and Dillon know what they need to do. Dillon wants a ring so fucking badly, I can sense it. We have to be fast, smart, and hold onto the ball long enough to run the clock.
As for my SB pick, it's an honest pick. I could be from Timbuktu and still pick the Patriots. Read what the experts have to say on nfl.com. I predict the score will be in the 20's for both teams.
The Patriots are trying to turn their franchise into a dynasty. The Eagles are trying to win their first SB appearance in 24 years. THIS WILL BE ONE HELL OF A GAME.

-Sunny

Did you even watch the games? Pinkston as McNabb's primary weapon? And Samuel won't intercept shit. Yesterday he dropped 2 or 3 sure interceptions. And you said earlier "McNabb scrambles too much." He hasn't scrambled nearly as much this year and whenever he did scramble this year he rarely made foolish plays, like throwing an interception while falling on your ass. Maybe you are from Timbuktu.

Well I can't imagine (if he plays) T.O. as McNabb's primary weapon. If he does use him, then I won't be surprised. Asante dropped 2 interceptions, but the point is that he is there.
As for the "falling on your ass" comment, it makes me think you're just anti-Patriots, rather than an honest opinion. Interceptions happen to everyone (Manning, Culpepper, McNabb, Favre).
I'd rather not waste my breath arguing. I'm not predicting an assured victory, unlike you. We will see what happens then we can talk about it.

-Sunny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:10 pm 
Force of Nature

flavdave wrote:
punkdavid wrote:

et cetera...

--PunkDavid

I think Philadelphians and Bostonians can both agree that New York fucking blows.

They suck and they have a good seat to watch just like the other 30 cities

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:10 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

PJDoll wrote:
zutmon wrote:
bostonlou wrote:
zutmon wrote:
little_secrets wrote:
Jimjamin wrote:
The Eagles are a complete team unlike the Colts and the Steelers. The Steelers have a complete team but are young at QB and the Pats exploited it.

that's all well + good but can't you see which way the wind's blowing?

the patriots are going to mug them

Deion Branch is going to get knocked into 2025 by Dawk-flex if he goes deep over the middle. In every big game, Dawkins knocks out someone.

Anyway, this has been the healthiest the eagles have ever been on defense. JJ will have the defense prepared. If McNabb can limit the turnovers (which the Pats feast off of), it will be a close game.

seriously... Dawk-flex?? this is supposed to be an intimidating nickname?

try this one.... Rodney Harrison

I was afraid of the Colts
Then I was some what confident against the Steelers

now I just laugh at the Eagles... This is going to be like the World Series... a great win but not as exciting due to it being a blowout

Why don't you take your Steve Grogan worthless ass and that stupid Pats avatar back to Synergy? Its amazing that Pats fans are so forgetful of when they won their first Super Bowl over the Rams. Everyone and their ugly sister picked the Rams and guess who won. The underdog. Just keep up the over confidence.

What kind of name is BostonLou anyway? Oh hey its bostonlou, that's gay.

That's weak.

No kidding that's weak. Who names themselves after a city anyway? Hey look I'm PhillySteve or NewYorkSally. Its pathetic at best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:15 pm 
Force of Nature

haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:24 pm 
Devil's Advocate

This could be the most nauseating thread of all time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:25 pm 
Force of Nature

Thank you and there is almost 2 more weeks of it left 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:26 pm 
Unthought Known

zutmon wrote:
No kidding that's weak. Who names themselves after a city anyway? Hey look I'm PhillySteve or NewYorkSally. Its pathetic at best.

No, I meant your comment. Telling someone to go back to Synergy and making fun of a username because they don't support your football team?

At first I thought this comment here was just a joke, but then I thought about it, and after the first weak comment, I realized you were probably serious so I spelled it out for you.

"Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight" - Albert Schweitzer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:30 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

PJDoll wrote:
zutmon wrote:

No, I meant your comment. Telling someone to go back to Synergy and making fun of a username because they don't support your football team?

At first I thought this comment here was just a joke, but then I thought about it, and after the first weak comment, I realized you were probably serious so I spelled it out for you.

Seriously, I'm kidding. I could care less about what BostonLou has to say. But I am serious about Steve Grogan because he was pathetic. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:40 pm 
Unthought Known

zutmon wrote:
PJDoll wrote:
zutmon wrote:

Seriously, I'm kidding. I could care less about what BostonLou has to say. But I am serious about Steve Grogan because he was pathetic. :wink:

Well, we agree on that one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:54 pm 
Got Some

PJDoll wrote:
zutmon wrote:
PJDoll wrote:
zutmon wrote:

Well, we agree on that one

sorry, nobody's allowed to agree on this thread.

Philly sucks and in 2 weeks the Patriots are going to pull their pants down and expose the Eagles as frauds too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:01 pm 
Force of Nature

Frauds, doesn't seem lile anyone is giving them much of a chance as it is, so how would they be frauds

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:10 pm 
Got Some

Jimjamin wrote:
Frauds, doesn't seem lile anyone is giving them much of a chance as it is, so how would they be frauds

because the Patriots are a dynasty and all the birds are is the best of the worst from the NFC?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:19 pm 
Force of Nature

To be a fraud you would have to be considered something great and then not live up to it. Everyone hasn't given the Eagles a chance from the start of the playoffs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:41 pm 
Mike's Maniac

Jimjamin wrote:
PJDoll wrote:
little_secrets wrote:
Jimjamin wrote:
PJDoll wrote:
Jimjamin wrote:
That's the point I am looking at it that way. I never said the Eagles were the better team in fact I have been giving the Pats props all year. I just feel as though the Eagles don't get a lot of respect as a good team because of A. their 3 past loss's ans B. because of a weak conference. If you throw them out and look at the teams and look at the coaching these teams are similiar except styles.

You're absolutely right - they don't get the credit they should (by myself included here) because of the weak NFC this year. They're better than they need to be to win that conference but because the competition is so weak no one sees it. It's like being the strongest person in a group of invalids. No one really knows how strong you truly are because it didn't take that much to win that title.

I'll totally agree with you there. I don't like it how people just assume it. If they were merely just a product of the weak NFC this year then they would just be getting by but their number are very good

if the pats hadn't just put a 41 spot on a 16-1 Steeler team in their house maybe i'd be giving philly more of a chance

Oh, don't get me wrong - I'm still picking the Pats, but I do think I was wrong in the lack of credit I was giving Philly.

I think so because they just proved how good they were, and will now prove that they are on the same level as these hyped up AFC teams

Hyped afc teams?, the eagles wouldn't even make the wildcard in the afc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:43 pm 
Supersonic

lowlight79 wrote:
Jimjamin wrote:
PJDoll wrote:
little_secrets wrote:
Jimjamin wrote:
PJDoll wrote:
Jimjamin wrote:

Oh come on, that's a little too far-fetched . . . Philly is definitely better than Denver . . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:44 pm 
Force of Nature

lowlight79 wrote:
Jimjamin wrote:
PJDoll wrote:
little_secrets wrote:
Jimjamin wrote:
PJDoll wrote:
Jimjamin wrote:

You're so full of shit!!!! Just sit back and think of what could have been

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 937 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 47  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports