Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1581 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 80  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:53 am 
Got Some

clint72 wrote:
ODI # 2253
NatWest Series, 2005, 5th Match
England v Australia
Riverside Ground, Chester-le-Street (day/night)
23 June 2005 (50-over match)

Result: Australia won by 57 runs

That's more like it....

Yeah, you have to chuck a dog a bone every so often or else he gets bored...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:28 am 
The Decider

spaggy boy wrote:
clint72 wrote:
ODI # 2253
England v Australia

That's more like it....

You poms crack me up...

You win a game or two, and all of sudden you're the best team in the world. You lose a game, and it's all back to drawing board, all regrouping, rethinking... is our top order right? Is our middle order right? Oh it's all a shambles... oh we need an academy like the Aussies...

Hearing Ian Botham and Paul Allot cry in the commentary box is one of my greatest pleasures in life.

Just wait for the Test series mate... you don't have a prayer. 'Til then, you can build your ego and Flintoff can continue his mission to look more like a pig than a pig.

If Soundgarden is perfectly fine with playing together with Tad Doyle on vocals, why the fuck is he wasting his life promoting the single worst album of all time? Holy shit, he has to be the stupidest motherfucker on earth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:13 pm 
Unthought Known

shades-go-down wrote:
spaggy boy wrote:
clint72 wrote:
ODI # 2253
England v Australia

That's more like it....

You poms crack me up...

You win a game or two, and all of sudden you're the best team in the world. You lose a game, and it's all back to drawing board, all regrouping, rethinking... is our top order right? Is our middle order right? Oh it's all a shambles... oh we need an academy like the Aussies...

Hearing Ian Botham and Paul Allot cry in the commentary box is one of my greatest pleasures in life.

Just wait for the Test series mate... you don't have a prayer. 'Til then, you can build your ego and Flintoff can continue his mission to look more like a pig than a pig.

shit :oops: i thought you were a pom...

Good to see some support...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:22 am 
The Decider

Stayed up 'til 5AM last night only have the game rained out.

:evil:

You Poms just wait 'til Hayden, Gilchrist and Ponting hit form, you're gonna be toast.

I think there's a serious case to be made for Symonds to replace Damien Martyn in the Test lineup.

If Soundgarden is perfectly fine with playing together with Tad Doyle on vocals, why the fuck is he wasting his life promoting the single worst album of all time? Holy shit, he has to be the stupidest motherfucker on earth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:42 am 
Unthought Known

Saw the highlights of the game
good effort from Jones throwing the ball from about 3 meters away into Hayden's arm when he was clearly in :evil: and nice claim of a catch from Peterson when the ball hit the ground :evil: Good effort England :arrow:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:39 am 
Got Some

clint72 wrote:
Saw the highlights of the game
good effort from Jones throwing the ball from about 3 meters away into Hayden's arm when he was clearly in :evil: and nice claim of a catch from Peterson when the ball hit the ground :evil: Good effort England :arrow:

Sour grapes? You're just saying that because you're still being beaten by us in the series so far...

http://www.kevinpietersen.com/ :worthy: :worthy: 91 from 65 balls...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:14 pm 
Unthought Known

we will continue this after the final :)

although at the moment bangladesh are smashing us everywhere :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:04 pm 
Unthought Known

Tie.... :? :? :? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:16 am 
Force of Nature
 WWW  YIM  Profile

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:35 am 
Unthought Known

Clann Zú wrote:

That new deoderant is AWESOME ... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:29 pm 
Force of Nature
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Ponting's captaincy was awful today...Lehmann from the commentary box was making more incisive decisions and field placements. The super-sub didn't have any bearing at all in the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:14 pm 
Got Some

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/4655991.stm

Another win. Man, this is getting easy. Can we play you every week?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:35 am 
Unthought Known

However, the toss soon proved to be telling as the pitch proved problematic, batsmen finding it extremely difficult to judge the variable pace and bounce.

that's the excuse this time although i am rapidly running out of them.....

Ponting's captaincy was awful today...Lehmann from the commentary box was making more incisive decisions and field placements. The super-sub didn't have any bearing at all in the game.. < quote

I captained ponting when he was 13 obviously he didn't take much notice

:!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:04 am 
The Decider

clint72 wrote:
However, the toss soon proved to be telling as the pitch proved problematic, batsmen finding it extremely difficult to judge the variable pace and bounce.

Ponting's captaincy was awful today...Lehmann from the commentary box was making more incisive decisions and field placements. The super-sub didn't have any bearing at all in the game.. < quote

I;ve been reading that Ricky relied much on Lehmann's knowledge of the game. I mean, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since he has won (convincingly) against India: something neither Steve Waugh or Mark Taylor were able to do... but sometimes he just perplexes me.

For one thing, the constant micro-management of the bowlers has to stop. Ganguly and Hussain used to do this all the time and it only ever seems to deflate the bowlers' confidence.

"Bowl line and length" is pretty much all that needs to be said to the quickies at this point. There's only so many different ways you can put it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:18 pm 
Force of Nature
 WWW  YIM  Profile

shades-go-down wrote:
clint72 wrote:

I;ve been reading that Ricky relied much on Lehmann's knowledge of the game. I mean, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since he has won (convincingly) against India: something neither Steve Waugh or Mark Taylor were able to do... but sometimes he just perplexes me.

For one thing, the constant micro-management of the bowlers has to stop. Ganguly and Hussain used to do this all the time and it only ever seems to deflate the bowlers' confidence.

"Bowl line and length" is pretty much all that needs to be said to the quickies at this point. There's only so many different ways you can put it.

It was Gilchrist who led Australia to a win in India as Ponting was injured. And when he came back for the last test...Australia lost chasing a score of 104. Though it was on an awful pitch...you'd expect the famed Aussie batting line-up to chase that score.

I think this is the first real test of Ponting's captaincy...Australia haven't been challenged all this while he has been captain and his players have always responded in crucial situations.

Now that England is giving them stiff competition and dare I say even making bunnies out of their main players (Hayden, Gillespie) its time for Ponting to show if he was really captaincy material after all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:37 am 
Unthought Known

ODI # 2260
NatWest Challenge, 2005, 2nd Match
England v Australia
Lord's, London
10 July 2005 (50-over match)

Result: Australia won by 7 wickets
Series: 3-Match series level 1-1

*RT Ponting c Pietersen b Gough 111 runs 157 min 115 balls 14 4's 1 6

This might help his cause, good to see there was finally a decent one day wicket.

Also note i saw Australia get bowled out for 104 in India that wicket was such a joke that Clark got 6-9 :!: :!: (see below). No wonder we got skittled on that dust bowl.

Bowling averages
class mat balls runs wkts bbi bbm ave econ sr 4 5 10
Tests 12 110 61 8 6/9 6/9 7.62 3.32 13.75 0 1 0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:46 pm 
Unthought Known

spaggy boy wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/4655991.stm

Another win. Man, this is getting easy. Can we play you every week?

ODI # 2261
NatWest Challenge, 2005, 3rd Match
England v Australia
The Brit Oval, London
12 July 2005 (50-over match)

Result: Australia won by 8 wickets
Series: Australia wins the 3-Match series 2-1

Man of the Match: AC Gilchrist
Player of the Series: RT Ponting

please, we would like to play you every week :wink:

Last edited by clint72 on Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:51 pm 
Unthought Known

Quote > "even making bunnies out of their main players (Hayden, Gillespie) its time for Ponting to show if he was really captaincy material after all"

Australia innings
+AC Gilchrist not out 121 runs 101 balls

Player of the Series: RT Ponting

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:31 pm 
Force of Nature

How did Ponting get Player of the Series? The Reason we won the last two games, is because our bowlers didn't allow England to make enough runs. McGrath or Lee would have been a better choice. Thank God the ODI's are finished, ECB really tried to get as much as money as they could out of these series.

Now for the Ashes, I can't England winning a test unless they can take wickets with the new pill, otherwise it could be 5-0 to Australia.

What does everyone think about the two spots for Australia, Lee, Gillespie or Kasper? I think it should be Gillespie and Kasper. I just think that after the new ball Lee will have little to no effect on England top order.

And what about England Batting, Thorpe or Pietersen? I think Pietersen will get the nod unless his injury from last night was more serious that first though. And for any Englishmen is Bell any good, becuase i've never seen him play.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:14 am 
Unthought Known

Punter wrote:
How did Ponting get Player of the Series? The Reason we won the last two games, is because our bowlers didn't allow England to make enough runs. McGrath or Lee would have been a better choice. Thank God the ODI's are finished, ECB really tried to get as much as money as they could out of these series.

Now for the Ashes, I can't England winning a test unless they can take wickets with the new pill, otherwise it could be 5-0 to Australia.

What does everyone think about the two spots for Australia, Lee, Gillespie or Kasper? I think it should be Gillespie and Kasper. I just think that after the new ball Lee will have little to no effect on England top order.

And what about England Batting, Thorpe or Pietersen? I think Pietersen will get the nod unless his injury from last night was more serious that first though. And for any Englishmen is Bell any good, becuase i've never seen him play.

Lee and Kaspa whould play but Gillespie will
Pietersen should play but Thorpe will
Ponting was lucky to win the player of the series awar, maybe his excellent fielding was also a factor, I agree Lee or McGrath should of won it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1581 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 80  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports