Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 980 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The downfall of ESPN continues...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:42 am
Posts: 11014
Location: Mizzou
Gender: Male
Green Habit wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Their actual coverage of live sporting events is pretty good. It's everything else that is dreadful.
I'm becoming more and more convinced that ESPN needs to get the next shot at airing the Olympics.


Unfortunately that won't happen until at least the 2022 Winter Games. The tape delay doesn't really bother me for prime time coverage on NBC. They do a pretty good job of highlighting the best American performances. The online and cable coverage is so much better than it was even 8 years ago.

http://hbweb.sx2.atl.publicus.com/article/20110607/NEWS01/306079986

_________________
"Red rover, red rover, let Mike McCready take over."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The downfall of ESPN continues...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:52 pm
Posts: 8288
i dont miss having cable.

_________________
Sweep the leg!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The downfall of ESPN continues...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:10 am
Posts: 10993
Gender: Male
bmacsmith wrote:
i dont miss having cable.

what do you miss?

_________________
i8pork wrote:
being on the internet is fun as hell. :comp:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The downfall of ESPN continues...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:52 pm
Posts: 8288
Alex wrote:
bmacsmith wrote:
i dont miss having cable.

what do you miss?

the carefree innocence of my childhood. and Comedy Central sometimes.

_________________
Sweep the leg!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The downfall of ESPN continues...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:10 am
Posts: 10993
Gender: Male
bmacsmith wrote:
Alex wrote:
bmacsmith wrote:
i dont miss having cable.

what do you miss?

the carefree innocence of my childhood. and Comedy Central sometimes.

be honest: how many episodes of Crank Yankers have you seen?

_________________
i8pork wrote:
being on the internet is fun as hell. :comp:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The downfall of ESPN continues...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:52 pm
Posts: 8288
Alex wrote:
bmacsmith wrote:
Alex wrote:
bmacsmith wrote:
i dont miss having cable.

what do you miss?

the carefree innocence of my childhood. and Comedy Central sometimes.

be honest: how many episodes of Crank Yankers have you seen?

you dont know me!

_________________
Sweep the leg!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The downfall of ESPN continues...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:10 am
Posts: 10993
Gender: Male
bmacsmith wrote:
Alex wrote:
bmacsmith wrote:
Alex wrote:
bmacsmith wrote:
i dont miss having cable.

what do you miss?

the carefree innocence of my childhood. and Comedy Central sometimes.

be honest: how many episodes of Crank Yankers have you seen?

you dont know me!

please answer the question

_________________
i8pork wrote:
being on the internet is fun as hell. :comp:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The downfall of ESPN continues...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Red Mosquito, my libido
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:02 am
Posts: 91597
Location: Sector 7-G
I love that drugs was on the shopping list by the phone.

_________________
It takes a big man to make a threat on the internet.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The downfall of ESPN continues...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:12 am 
Offline
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 7:46 am
Posts: 6099
http://deadspin.com/5932956/?utm_campai ... socialflow


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The downfall of ESPN continues...
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
On the bright side
 Profile

Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:42 pm
Posts: 17495
Location: Surfside Beach, SC
Gender: Male
Does Skip Bayless call the shots at ESPN? First story this morning on First Take was again Tebow-related.

_________________
I remember thinking, "that's really gay". -- Cameronia


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The downfall of ESPN continues...
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Red Mosquito, my libido
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:02 am
Posts: 91597
Location: Sector 7-G
They're even sick of themselves.


_________________
It takes a big man to make a threat on the internet.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The downfall of ESPN continues...
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:57 pm 
Offline
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:28 pm
Posts: 2573
Location: CT
Rebar wrote:
Does Skip Bayless call the shots at ESPN? First story this morning on First Take was again Tebow-related.


I watched like 5 minutes of this today. It's funny that they kept saying it was unbelievable that Tebow's birthday was a national story. The only reason it was a "story" was because ESPN made it a story. This is one of the reasons I stopped watching this show every day. The other reason is Stephen A. Smith being on every day. I used to find him and Skip yelling at each other entertaining when it was one day a week, five days a week is nauseating, especially when they cover the same three topics every day. This show in it's current format shouldn't be more than an hour.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The downfall of ESPN continues...
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:52 pm
Posts: 8288
cutuphalfdead wrote:
They're even sick of themselves.


"happy backup birthday!"

_________________
Sweep the leg!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The downfall of ESPN continues...
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:43 pm
Posts: 3072
Location: C-Town
How about this one?

http://deadspin.com/5934470/espn-thinks ... ts-history

_________________
"They got their dirty maize-and-blue hands on it, they screwed it up."
--Chris Spielman on Ohio State-Michigan rivalry


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The downfall of ESPN continues...
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Reissued
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:38 pm
Posts: 20059
Gender: Male
:haha:

_________________
stop light plays its part, so I would say you've got a part


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The downfall of ESPN continues...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
On the bright side
 Profile

Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:42 pm
Posts: 17495
Location: Surfside Beach, SC
Gender: Male
Seriously getting pissed off at this channel. On First Take today, again they lead with Jets. Not Felix' perfect game, not Melky's suspension, not even the Cowboys losing Whitten. The FUCKING JETS.

_________________
I remember thinking, "that's really gay". -- Cameronia


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The downfall of ESPN continues...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:02 pm
Posts: 6405
Location: DC
Gender: Male
I don't think I've watched ESPN since last football season (other than in passing).


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The downfall of ESPN continues...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Red Mosquito, my libido
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:02 am
Posts: 91597
Location: Sector 7-G
Rebar wrote:
Seriously getting pissed off at this channel. On First Take today, again they lead with Jets. Not Felix' perfect game, not Melky's suspension, not even the Cowboys losing Whitten. The FUCKING JETS.

According to ESPN baseball season ends the day NFL training camps open.

_________________
It takes a big man to make a threat on the internet.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The downfall of ESPN continues...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:55 pm
Posts: 11320
Location: Brooklyn
Gender: Male
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Rebar wrote:
Seriously getting pissed off at this channel. On First Take today, again they lead with Jets. Not Felix' perfect game, not Melky's suspension, not even the Cowboys losing Whitten. The FUCKING JETS.

According to ESPN baseball season ends the day NFL training camps open.

That's as it should be.

_________________
Anita Brookner wrote:
Great writers are the saints for the godless.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The downfall of ESPN continues...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Red Mosquito, my libido
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:02 am
Posts: 91597
Location: Sector 7-G
durdencommatyler wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Rebar wrote:
Seriously getting pissed off at this channel. On First Take today, again they lead with Jets. Not Felix' perfect game, not Melky's suspension, not even the Cowboys losing Whitten. The FUCKING JETS.

According to ESPN baseball season ends the day NFL training camps open.

That's as it should be.

You shut your whore mouth.

_________________
It takes a big man to make a threat on the internet.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 980 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:15 am