Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 980 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 49  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:05 pm 
Supersonic

Better this than another stupid poker show.

Post subject:
Landry

That commencement address he gave was ridiculous

Post subject:
King David The Wicked

Chris_H_2 wrote:
Peter Van Wieren wrote:
jimmac24 wrote:
Peter Van Wieren wrote:
http://www.bravesbeat.com/bravesjournal/bristol/

WTF is this?

did you go to the site?

it's an ncaa bracket format tournament that matches up espn employees to send home from bristol, i.e. fire them.

Where is Stuart Scott?

he's a one seed. already advanced to the second round i believe. there's a bracket there, but it's a pdf, so i understand anyone not looking at it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:32 pm 
Force of Nature

espn is going the same route mtv did. so sad :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:21 pm 
Got Some

screamin a. smith almost gave me a concussion in a basketball game, but he's a cool guy when he doesn't have a microphone attached to him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:47 pm 
Camden Crew

Mitchell wrote:
that stuart scott page is hilarious

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:12 am 
Got Some

they should get rush limbaugh to co-host the show.

Post subject: Re: The downfall of ESPN continues...
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:25 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

NothingBetterman wrote:
They're giving Stephen A. Smith his own show???!!! The unintentional comedy will be off the charts.

I can't believe he's getting his own show. He's an idiot and he's so arrogant it's ridiculous. What does ESPN see in morons like him and Stuart Scott? :roll: :x

no one else can heal your soul.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:13 pm 
Unthought Known
 YIM  Profile

Estranged wrote:
NothingBetterman wrote:
They're giving Stephen A. Smith his own show???!!! The unintentional comedy will be off the charts.

I can't believe he's getting his own show. He's an idiot and he's so arrogant it's ridiculous. What does ESPN see in morons like him and Stuart Scott? :roll: :x

They seem to want to cater to a certain demographic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:56 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Steven A Smith didn't even GET annoying. He was annoying from day one. I remember when I first saw him on a pre-game show or something...I immediately said "ugh, this guy is awful."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:02 pm 
Unthought Known
 YIM  Profile

YessCode wrote:
Steven A Smith didn't even GET annoying. He was annoying from day one. I remember when I first saw him on a pre-game show or something...I immediately said "ugh, this guy is awful."

You guys are lucky, in Philly we've had to deal with him for 5-6 years before he was ever on ESPN. My friend used to email him all the time to bust his balls because at one point 75% of his articles went down a racial path. They would fight over email for years and once Smith said to meet him at a Sixers game to fight.

Screamin A has since cut most of the racial stuff, and he actually writes pretty decent stuff in the Philadelphia Inquirer. I used to dispise the guy but now it depends on how he acts and my mood when he is on. I really just cant stand his condescending tone and the ego. I like the fact that he knows his shit and isn't afraid to make a harsh comment about a player or a team.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:03 pm 
Banned from the Pit
 WWW  Profile

Estranged wrote:
NothingBetterman wrote:

he is almost as bad as michelle bonner!

http://db.etree.org/wheezytrader

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:01 pm 
Unthought Known

Stephen A. Smith can get annoying with all the yelling, but he seems to be have better inside info than some of the other guys over at ESPN......

-Ernie Accorsi in his final address to the NY Giants locker room before retiring as GM in January of 2007

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:45 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Have you ever heard Scott Van Pelt's Steven A. Smith impression?

That's funny.

"The NY Knicks are terrible. Scott Layden is terrible. HOWEVER!!!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:20 am 
Got Some

jimmac24 wrote:
YessCode wrote:

You guys are lucky, in Philly we've had to deal with him for 5-6 years before he was ever on ESPN. My friend used to email him all the time to bust his balls because at one point 75% of his articles went down a racial path. They would fight over email for years and once Smith said to meet him at a Sixers game to fight.

Screamin A has since cut most of the racial stuff, and he actually writes pretty decent stuff in the Philadelphia Inquirer. I used to dispise the guy but now it depends on how he acts and my mood when he is on. I really just cant stand his condescending tone and the ego. I like the fact that he knows his shit and isn't afraid to make a harsh comment about a player or a team.

His stuff is still along racial lines, just not as obvious. If you notice, there is one theme that always seems to show itself. Whenever he is talking about a white athlete, the guy is a no talent over rated bumb, but if its a black athlete, no matter WHO, they are the greatest thing ever. He actually had the nerve to say that Lance Armstrong's accomplishment wasnt impressive, and to give him a bike and he could ride it around. Ever time that guy opens his mouth, i want to yell bad words at the tv

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:22 am 
Camden Crew

jimmac24 wrote:
YessCode wrote:

he still does it (the racial stuff), just not as blatantly obvious as before. but i still read his column.

and i agree about the way he will call out a team or a player. wish more reporters would do that rather than stroke athletes cocks the way they do. see: stuart scott.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:31 am 
Got Some
 YIM  Profile

Horrible. He is so dislikeable. I used to hate Jim Rome, but now he seems ok. Arg! :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:40 am 
High Roller
 WWW  Profile

The Bottom Line Is..........

RM Led Zeppelin Tourney Champ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:50 pm 
Unthought Known
 YIM  Profile

Berman needs to retire the "Daylight come and ya gotta Delhomme". That is without a doubt the worst thing I have to hear week after week on ESPN. I cannot stress how bad it is, I literally cringe when I hear it.

I also thought it was quite annoying that the Top 10 Plays was a montage of about 35 highlights.

Remember when it was Plays-Of-TheWeek-hooorn and it was 10 actually great plays regardless of individual or team performance? Yeah, I loved that too.

While we're at it, the "Ultimate Highlight" and the "......and twins" song need to stop. Why DO I even bother to watch this garbage? The Sunday morning sportscenter is the only bearable highlight show on ESPN anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:16 pm 
Of Counsel

jimmac24 wrote:
While we're at it, the "Ultimate Highlight" and the "......and twins" song need to stop. Why DO I even bother to watch this garbage?

Absolutely. What a waste of energy and resources of their staff to put that shit together, and of four minutes of the show to air it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 980 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 49  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports