Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 980 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The downfall of ESPN continues...
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:59 pm 
Offline
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 7:46 am
Posts: 6099
Electromatic wrote:
not sure, sounds like Keane though.



:waah:

okay.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The downfall of ESPN continues...
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:45 am 
Offline
User avatar
Unthought Known
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:05 am
Posts: 8045
Location: Arlington Heights, IL
Gender: Male
Headline on ESPN.com right now-

Been Here Before: For the second straight year, Rajon Rondo and the Celtics are in Miami for the East finals.


:shake:

_________________
Always up for a trade
http://db.etree.org/TooBigaManTooSay/list


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The downfall of ESPN continues...
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:18 am 
Offline
User avatar
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:24 pm
Posts: 6501
Location: Massachusetts
Gender: Male
Nothing will ever compare to "Chink in the Armor"


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The downfall of ESPN continues...
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:30 am 
Offline
User avatar
On the bright side
 Profile

Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:42 pm
Posts: 17495
Location: Surfside Beach, SC
Gender: Male
mick7184 wrote:
Nothing will ever compare to "Chink in the Armor"

Yeah, that was a classic. I laughed so hard at that.

_________________
I remember thinking, "that's really gay". -- Cameronia


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The downfall of ESPN continues...
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:17 pm 
Offline
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 7:46 am
Posts: 6099
"Currently, the Jets camp is doing their early morning stretches, but we'll be sure to bring you live coverage once they hit the practice field."



:finger: fuck you


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The downfall of ESPN continues...
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
On the bright side
 Profile

Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:42 pm
Posts: 17495
Location: Surfside Beach, SC
Gender: Male
Yeah, I bumped this the other day but it got deleted during the crash. This is amazing how much time (3 days now) that they are devoting fifty percent of each Sportscenter to the Jets camp. They are covering the Jets camp 3 times more than the Olympics for fuck's sake.

_________________
I remember thinking, "that's really gay". -- Cameronia


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The downfall of ESPN continues...
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:42 am
Posts: 11014
Location: Mizzou
Gender: Male
This Jets training camp thing is a joke. SportsCenter has almost become a parody of itself.

Writers are leaving the mothership in droves too.

_________________
"Red rover, red rover, let Mike McCready take over."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The downfall of ESPN continues...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:55 am 
Offline
User avatar
Force of Nature
 Profile

Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:30 am
Posts: 885
Location: Redding, CA
Monkey_Driven wrote:
This Jets training camp thing is a joke. SportsCenter has almost become a parody of itself.

Writers are leaving the mothership in droves too.


Don't forget about the Tebow Time Blog on the espn.com NFL page :facepalm:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The downfall of ESPN continues...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:02 am 
Offline
User avatar
Interweb Celebrity
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:47 am
Posts: 46000
Location: Reasonville
Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless are just an entertaining joke at this point. It's kind of funny to watch, but also depressing, because ESPN could be doing so much better.

_________________
No matter how dark the storm gets overhead
They say someone's watching from the calm at the edge
What about us when we're down here in it?
We gotta watch our backs


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The downfall of ESPN continues...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:52 am 
Offline
User avatar
On the bright side
 Profile

Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:42 pm
Posts: 17495
Location: Surfside Beach, SC
Gender: Male
corduroy_blazer wrote:
Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless are just an entertaining joke at this point. It's kind of funny to watch, but also depressing, because ESPN could be doing so much better.

Yeah, those two are so predictable it isn't even entertaining anymore.

Also, woke up and watched Sportscenter this morning, and oh good, more Jets camp headlines.

_________________
I remember thinking, "that's really gay". -- Cameronia


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The downfall of ESPN continues...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:06 pm 
Offline
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 7:46 am
Posts: 6099
Rebar wrote:
corduroy_blazer wrote:
Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless are just an entertaining joke at this point. It's kind of funny to watch, but also depressing, because ESPN could be doing so much better.

Yeah, those two are so predictable it isn't even entertaining anymore.

Also, woke up and watched Sportscenter this morning, and oh good, more Jets camp headlines.


I actually e-mailed Jim Rome yesterday about the ridiculousness of the Jets camp coverage and ESPN in general. He didn't read off my e-mail, but he read someone elses who said the same things. And it started a chain reaction of e mailers and callers who said they were sick of ESPN covering east coast teams. He ultimately agreed and understood, but said that's ESPN and they're going to cover the Jets like they cover Tiger Woods and the Heat. Nothing you can do.

But it was good to hear other people around the nation whining about the same thing.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The downfall of ESPN continues...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
On the bright side
 Profile

Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:42 pm
Posts: 17495
Location: Surfside Beach, SC
Gender: Male
To lead the show with coverage of an NFL team that is barely a playoff team because of a QB who can barely play the position fighting against a QB who can barely play the position for the starting job is ridiculous. The Olympics and MLB races and trades should be the lead every day. Instead, we are on day 4 of Jets camp coverage taking up most of the show time. It really is embarrassing.

_________________
I remember thinking, "that's really gay". -- Cameronia


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The downfall of ESPN continues...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:42 am
Posts: 11014
Location: Mizzou
Gender: Male
Rebar wrote:
To lead the show with coverage of an NFL team that is barely a playoff team because of a QB who can barely play the position fighting against a QB who can barely play the position for the starting job is ridiculous. The Olympics and MLB races and trades should be the lead every day. Instead, we are on day 4 of Jets camp coverage taking up most of the show time. It really is embarrassing.



What's better... the Jets preseason camp coverage or the fake Herm Edwards pep talks?

_________________
"Red rover, red rover, let Mike McCready take over."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The downfall of ESPN continues...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:02 pm
Posts: 6405
Location: DC
Gender: Male
Can't wait for college football when ESPN turns into ESECPN.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The downfall of ESPN continues...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:42 am
Posts: 11014
Location: Mizzou
Gender: Male
darth_vedder wrote:
Can't wait for college football when ESPN turns into ESECPN.


At least it's not an east coast conference.

_________________
"Red rover, red rover, let Mike McCready take over."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The downfall of ESPN continues...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:02 pm
Posts: 6405
Location: DC
Gender: Male
Monkey_Driven wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
Can't wait for college football when ESPN turns into ESECPN.


At least it's not an east coast conference.


True.

I get that the SEC it the premier college athletic conference for football, but man oh man does ESPN constantly remind us of this. I remember watching Clemson highlights after a game last year, and one of the guys said Sammy Watkins has "SEC Speed"...I was like, dude, give it a rest with this crap. How about he has "elite speed" or something like that? Does everything have to get compared to the mighty SEC?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The downfall of ESPN continues...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:42 am
Posts: 11014
Location: Mizzou
Gender: Male
darth_vedder wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
Can't wait for college football when ESPN turns into ESECPN.


At least it's not an east coast conference.


True.

I get that the SEC it the premier college athletic conference for football, but man oh man does ESPN constantly remind us of this. I remember watching Clemson highlights after a game last year, and one of the guys said Sammy Watkins has "SEC Speed"...I was like, dude, give it a rest with this crap. How about he has "elite speed" or something like that? Does everything have to get compared to the mighty SEC?


I hear you. It's the same thing with the Big East and ACC in basketball. That's they ever talk about.

_________________
"Red rover, red rover, let Mike McCready take over."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The downfall of ESPN continues...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:02 pm
Posts: 6405
Location: DC
Gender: Male
Monkey_Driven wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
Can't wait for college football when ESPN turns into ESECPN.


At least it's not an east coast conference.


True.

I get that the SEC it the premier college athletic conference for football, but man oh man does ESPN constantly remind us of this. I remember watching Clemson highlights after a game last year, and one of the guys said Sammy Watkins has "SEC Speed"...I was like, dude, give it a rest with this crap. How about he has "elite speed" or something like that? Does everything have to get compared to the mighty SEC?


I hear you. It's the same thing with the Big East and ACC in basketball. That's they ever talk about.


Yeah, fuck ESPN.

Although, I'm thankful for ESPN3. Not that I think it's any good, but it means I can at least watch Clemson every week (especially when they play smaller schools) and I don't have to go to a bar to see them.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The downfall of ESPN continues...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:42 am
Posts: 11014
Location: Mizzou
Gender: Male
darth_vedder wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
Can't wait for college football when ESPN turns into ESECPN.


At least it's not an east coast conference.


True.

I get that the SEC it the premier college athletic conference for football, but man oh man does ESPN constantly remind us of this. I remember watching Clemson highlights after a game last year, and one of the guys said Sammy Watkins has "SEC Speed"...I was like, dude, give it a rest with this crap. How about he has "elite speed" or something like that? Does everything have to get compared to the mighty SEC?


I hear you. It's the same thing with the Big East and ACC in basketball. That's they ever talk about.


Yeah, fuck ESPN.

Although, I'm thankful for ESPN3. Not that I think it's any good, but it means I can at least watch Clemson every week (especially when they play smaller schools) and I don't have to go to a bar to see them.


Their actual coverage of live sporting events is pretty good. It's everything else that is dreadful.

_________________
"Red rover, red rover, let Mike McCready take over."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The downfall of ESPN continues...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Administrator
 Profile

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:53 pm
Posts: 20537
Location: The City Of Trees
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Their actual coverage of live sporting events is pretty good. It's everything else that is dreadful.
I'm becoming more and more convinced that ESPN needs to get the next shot at airing the Olympics.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 980 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:08 am