Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Who will stumble to an 8-8 record and 1st place?
Bears 37%  37%  [ 17 ]
Lions 22%  22%  [ 10 ]
Packers 22%  22%  [ 10 ]
Vikings 17%  17%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 45
 Post subject: Official NFC North Sucks Thread
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:56 pm 
Administrator

Packers lose to the Browns at home.

Vikings get outscored 61-21 in their first two games.

Lions get blown out by a weakened Bears offense.

Bears can't score more than nine points against an anemic Redskins team.

Some good team is going to get hosed once the playoff seedings are determined.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:00 am 
Unthought Known

can we at least change it to a 7-9 record... if not 6-10?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:01 am 
Administrator

pearljamminagain wrote:
can we at least change it to a 7-9 record... if not 6-10?

I was really tempted, but remember that these teams all have to play each other twice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:01 am 
Founding Bitch
 WWW  Profile

E. None of the above?

I'm going say the Bears since the Vikings will more than likely miss making the playoffs by losing the last game of the season.

At night I drink myself to sleep and pretend
I don't care that you're not here with me
Cause it's so much easier to handle
all my problems if I'm too far out to sea

Last edited by TwoAlarmFire on Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:05 am 
Unthought Known

I'm going with the Vikings. Daunte has talent, no matter how shitty he has been. That offense will click at some point and pull out some wins. They won't win any playoff games without a defense, though.

I'd pick the Lions if they traded for a QB. I've given Harrington the benefit of the doubt ever since he's been here. However, after his performance today, I'm jumping ship. If you can't put up some points with those WRs and Kevin Jones in the backfield, something is wrong. I didn't get to see the game, so someone please correct me if the O-line was the problem, as they have been a weakness for some time.

I do like the Bears, which is blasphemous being a Lions fan. I'd say they were my favorite to win the division if it wasn't for the Skins game.

Oh, how the Black & Blue division has fallen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:07 am 
Unthought Known
 WWW  Profile

I obviously voted for the Bears, and i believe that they are much better than everyone thinks. First off, even though both the Red Skins and Lions offenses are below average, they completly shut both down. And i think that once they face a team with an offense they will be up to the task. Secondly, there offense is no where near as bad as last years. Kyle Orton is better after 2 games then any of the clowns they threw out there last year. And unlike last year, they have a play maker in muhamed who can be counted on. I'm not saying that they are going to be great, but they are alot better than you all think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:07 am 
Camden Crew

Vikings. They are a better team than this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:08 am 
Unthought Known

Cal Varnsen wrote:
Vikings. They are a better team than this.

agreed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:09 am 
Unthought Known

Too Big a Man Too Say wrote:
I obviously voted for the Bears, and i believe that they are much better than everyone thinks. First off, even though both the Red Skins and Lions offenses are below average, they completly shut both down. And i think that once they face a team with an offense they will be up to the task. Secondly, there offense is no where near as bad as last years. Kyle Orton is better after 2 games then any of the clowns they threw out there last year. And unlike last year, they have a play maker in muhamed who can be counted on. I'm not saying that they are going to be great, but they are alot better than you all think.

I don't think anyone will argue that the Bears have a great D. They have for many years. I just think it's a bit early to hail their offense. Lighting up the Lions is nothing to brag about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:10 am 
Unthought Known

just wait and see what the Cow Boys do to the Red Skins tomorrow night... you may not be too impressed with that Chic Ago win after all

and just look what the Brownies did to the Pack today... the Lions first win at home means nothing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:12 am 
Unthought Known
 WWW  Profile

Go_State wrote:

I don't think anyone will argue that the Bears have a great D. They have for many years. I just think it's a bit early to hail their offense. Lighting up the Lions is nothing to brag about.

That is true, but the packers and vikings D are just as bad as the lions, so i dont see any real challenge from either of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:13 am 
Unthought Known

Go_State wrote:
Lighting up the Lions is nothing to brag about.

in addition to this how many offensive touchdowns did they actually score? (i know the Bears scored at least one special teams and one defensive touchdown, if not more)

of those offensive touchdowns, how many didnt start in Lion territory?

the bears offense sucks, deal with it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:31 am 
Unthought Known

I'd say that the Vikings are a better team than this, but being a fan of them I know better. They're utter shit.

The damn dirty Packers will pull it out as usual.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:51 am 
Unthought Known

ManiacalClown wrote:

They'll need quite the turn around. I think they've looked the shittiest out of all the teams. I also think they have the least potential to change. Other than Favre, who is past his prime, they don't have much. The Bears have a good D and I think their O will improve. The Lions have playmakers on O as long as someone can get them the ball. Daunte is for real and will start playing better. I could see the Packers easily ending up at the bottom of the division.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:01 am 
Camden Crew

Go_State wrote:
ManiacalClown wrote:

They'll need quite the turn around. I think they've looked the shittiest out of all the teams. I also think they have the least potential to change. Other than Favre, who is past his prime, they don't have much. The Bears have a good D and I think their O will improve. The Lions have playmakers on O as long as someone can get them the ball. Daunte is for real and will start playing better. I could see the Packers easily ending up at the bottom of the division.

I agree, the Packers are god awful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:56 am 
a joke

Go_State wrote:
I'm going with the Vikings. Daunte has talent, no matter how shitty he has been. That offense will click at some point and pull out some wins. They won't win any playoff games without a defense, though.

I'd pick the Lions if they traded for a QB. I've given Harrington the benefit of the doubt ever since he's been here. However, after his performance today, I'm jumping ship. If you can't put up some points with those WRs and Kevin Jones in the backfield, something is wrong. I didn't get to see the game, so someone please correct me if the O-line was the problem, as they have been a weakness for some time.

I do like the Bears, which is blasphemous being a Lions fan. I'd say they were my favorite to win the division if it wasn't for the Skins game.

Oh, how the Black & Blue division has fallen.

Yes, it was the Line for the most part. Only one of Joeys Picks bugged me.. one was a fluke play (batted at the line and caught by a lineman), and the other was 100000% the fault of Roy Williams. 2 were "were behind 30 in the 4th quarter, im just gonna throw the ball" picks. He didnt play well today, but no one did. If you watched the game, he would be the least of your concerns- WR's not even trying to get open, Oline that couldnt block run or pass, bad playcalling, no defense, awful special teams, blocked extra point.
Possibly the worst game of football i have ever seen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:37 am 
Got Some
 WWW  Profile

Suddenly I feel like a genius for picking Detroit before the season.

...Wait, did they play a game today?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:29 am 
Got Some

Ozymandias wrote:
Suddenly I feel like a genius for picking Detroit before the season.

...Wait, did they play a game today?

:?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:25 pm 
not a big Gay guy

mmm, first place tastes good.

can a superbowl be far off? all signs point to the bears.

i was dreaming through the howzlife yawning car black when she told me "mad and meaningless as ever" and a song came on my radio like a cemetery rhyme for a million crying corpses in their tragedy of respectable existence

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:07 pm 
Mike's Maniac

For once I have to agree with john madden, how was trading moss making this team better?

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports