Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who will stumble to an 8-8 record and 1st place?
Bears 37%  37%  [ 17 ]
Lions 22%  22%  [ 10 ]
Packers 22%  22%  [ 10 ]
Vikings 17%  17%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 45
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:54 am 
Unthought Known

Pearl Jam Is Good wrote:
Athletic Supporter wrote:
Estranged wrote:
As much as I like Joey Harrington, he needs to be benched. He's had enough time to prove himself and show his ability and it's just not there. Detroit needs to find them a new QB. Five freakin' interceptions on Sunday!!!!!! How can you suck that much?!!!

Only 2 were his fault.
He doesn't need to be benched, he needs a line. Garcia will struggle too, and he'll get a chance very soon.

PS...what's there to like about Harrington? He hasn't done shit yet, not totally his fault..but what has he done to gain any fans?

i think its basically what you just said....people are calling for his head for 3 years, and the people that are reasonable and realize this team is TERRIBLE become "fans" acknowledging its not his fault and hes been improving.

Very true. I've stood up for Harrington since he's been here, for mainly these reasons. Injuries and lack of talent have been his major downfall. The O-line still needs help, but there's good to great skill players everywhere else. I wasn't able to see the game this past weekend, so I was merely responding to box scores, and on paper he looked like shit. I should be smart enough to realize after years of following Detroit, many QBs look like shit even if they weren't the primary problem. I'll give him another couple games, but good O-line or not, he should be able to do something with these WRs and RB.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:58 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Go_State wrote:

Very true. I've stood up for Harrington since he's been here, for mainly these reasons. Injuries and lack of talent have been his major downfall. The O-line still needs help, but there's good to great skill players everywhere else. I wasn't able to see the game this past weekend, so I was merely responding to box scores, and on paper he looked like shit. I should be smart enough to realize after years of following Detroit, many QBs look like shit even if they weren't the primary problem. I'll give him another couple games, but good O-line or not, he should be able to do something with these WRs and RB.

exactly how i feel. Id almost be willing to say after the TB game it might be time to end the honeymoon. Watching parts of the game, i think it was the pick that was returned for a TD, he had someone running a drag open....its becoming more bad passes as opposed to a team effort in sucking......if he doesnt play well against TB, i wouldnt mind putting in Orlovsky, only because i dont think it could get worse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:46 pm 
Unthought Known

so.... Week 3 the Lions have off and slide into first place at 1-2... Week 4 the Bears have the week off and slide into first place at 1-2.... Week 5 Minnesota has the week off, and if the Bears and Lions lose (will probably happen even though both are playing pathetic teams) then the Vikings will slide into 1st place at 1-3...

what a pathetic fucking division... it's unreal how bad it is

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:34 pm 
not a big Gay guy

pearljamminagain wrote:
so.... Week 3 the Lions have off and slide into first place at 1-2... Week 4 the Bears have the week off and slide into first place at 1-2.... Week 5 Minnesota has the week off, and if the Bears and Lions lose (will probably happen even though both are playing pathetic teams) then the Vikings will slide into 1st place at 1-3...

the bears would still be in first in this scenario, i believe.

you'd have three teams @ 1-3, so the tie breaker would go to division record, where the bears are 1-0 and the lions are 1-1, plus the bears beat the lions head-to-head. Minn's win was against the saints, i believe

Last edited by knuckles of frisco on Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:36 pm 
Unthought Known

knuckles of frisco wrote:
pearljamminagain wrote:

the bears would still be in first in this scenario

a tie for first... im talking about teams moving into first or a TIE for first because they cant lose during their bye week and therefore dont drop a spot...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:37 pm 
Unthought Known

pearljamminagain wrote:

you'd have three teams @ 1-3, so the tie breaker would go to division record, where the bears are 1-0 and the lions are 1-1, plus the bears beat the lions head-to-head. Minn's win was against the saints, i believe

do you realize you are talking about a tie-breaker amongst 1-3 teams... thanks for furthering my point :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:39 pm 
not a big Gay guy

pearljamminagain wrote:
pearljamminagain wrote:

do you realize you are talking about a tie-breaker amongst 1-3 teams... thanks for furthering my point :wink:

we'll see how much you feel like :wink:ing come playoff time, my friend. the monsters of the midway are back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:10 pm 
Unthought Known

pearljamminagain wrote:
pearljamminagain wrote:

we'll see how much you feel like :wink:ing come playoff time, my friend. the monsters of the midway are back.

just cause i feel sorry for you:

though, you'd think they were a gay cast of actors on broadway

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:21 pm 
Of Counsel

I think the winner of this divison may be under 8-8. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:22 pm 
Unthought Known

punkdavid wrote:
I think the winner of this divison will most definitely be under 8-8. :lol:

*corrections made

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:41 pm 
not a big Gay guy

pearljamminagain wrote:
pearljamminagain wrote:
pearljamminagain wrote:

just cause i feel sorry for you:

though, you'd think they were a gay cast of actors on broadway

my favorite thing about that picture is the way it shows how monstrous guys have gotten in the NFL since then.

no need to feel sorry for me, though. feel sorry for the bears' opponent in the superbowl this year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:42 pm 
not a big Gay guy

punkdavid wrote:

i'm trying to figure out if that's mathematically possible or not

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:33 pm 
Of Counsel

punkdavid wrote:

i'm trying to figure out if that's mathematically possible or not

Sure it is. Everyone goes 3-3 in division and loses to everyone else.

Post subject: Re: Official NFC North Sucks Thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:05 pm 
not a big Gay guy

11-5, you sluts! WHAT NOW

i was dreaming through the howzlife yawning car black when she told me "mad and meaningless as ever" and a song came on my radio like a cemetery rhyme for a million crying corpses in their tragedy of respectable existence

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:36 pm 
a joke

11-5, you sluts! WHAT NOW

BEST DIVISION IN FOOTBALL!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:54 am 
Spacegirl

hahahaha

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:44 pm 
Supersonic

My how things change . . .

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:58 pm 
Administrator

Chris_H_2 wrote:
Fact: Just yesterday I was just thinking about how odd it was that this division used to suck a few years ago. I forgot I made this thread, though. :haha:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:14 pm 
Supersonic

Green Habit wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
Fact: Just yesterday I was just thinking about how odd it was that this division used to suck a few years ago. I forgot I made this thread, though. :haha:

You know, you could have easily replaced NFC North with AFC West over the last 3 years. I sense some partiality.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:30 pm 
Administrator

Chris_H_2 wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
You know, you could have easily replaced NFC North with AFC West over the last 3 years. I sense some partiality.
Well, the collective record of the AFC West the past 3 years has been 30-32, 31-33, and 31-33. Just slightly below average, and I think 2011 summed it up well: there were no great teams, but there weren't any horrible teams, either.

The NFC West has been far worse in recent years, capped with the abomination of a 7-9 team making the playoffs.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports