Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 430 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:26 am 
Johnny Guitar
 WWW  Profile

The Fresh Prince wrote:
Heatherj43 wrote:
The Fresh Prince wrote:
Didnt Ben Wallace commit battery when he shoved Artest in the neck?

Press charges Ron.
LMAO!!! That was part of the game...you know, what they get paid for!!! Fans, on the other hand, aren't part of the game! I am so glad to hear charges will be pressed. It will teach those frigging cowards a lesson or two. I hope they get more than probation too!!! I live in Oakland County, Michigan, where they will be charged. This county is notorious for being tough on crime.
LMAO!!

Ron Artest is clearly the bad guy in this case, Im just sticking up for my "boy". I dont think we will see any of the players doing time.

BTW: John Green is banned from the Palace! One of the two guys wearing the white Pistons jersey got banned too. :twisted: Hahahahahaha!

"F" John Green!
Was John Green one of the fans who instigated a lot of this? If so, he should be banned. I wonder if he had season tix? LOL!!! I know I have season tix for the Lion's and I wouldn't do anything to lose them. Hell... I've had them since '82 and you can't get season tix anymore unless you want club level, which sucks.
What a mess that hwole thing was.... :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:15 pm 
Stone's Bitch

Heatherj43 wrote:
The Fresh Prince wrote:
Heatherj43 wrote:
The Fresh Prince wrote:
Didnt Ben Wallace commit battery when he shoved Artest in the neck?

Press charges Ron.
LMAO!!! That was part of the game...you know, what they get paid for!!! Fans, on the other hand, aren't part of the game! I am so glad to hear charges will be pressed. It will teach those frigging cowards a lesson or two. I hope they get more than probation too!!! I live in Oakland County, Michigan, where they will be charged. This county is notorious for being tough on crime.
LMAO!!

Ron Artest is clearly the bad guy in this case, Im just sticking up for my "boy". I dont think we will see any of the players doing time.

BTW: John Green is banned from the Palace! One of the two guys wearing the white Pistons jersey got banned too. :twisted: Hahahahahaha!

"F" John Green!
Was John Green one of the fans who instigated a lot of this? If so, he should be banned. I wonder if he had season tix? LOL!!! I know I have season tix for the Lion's and I wouldn't do anything to lose them. Hell... I've had them since '82 and you can't get season tix anymore unless you want club level, which sucks.
What a mess that hwole thing was.... :shock:

John Green is the dude that threw the cup at Artest. He is a huge Pistons fan and has had season tickets in the years past, but Im not sure if he had them this year. It doesnt matter anyway because he'll be watching his Pistons from home. :twisted: Hahahahaha!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 3:03 am 
In a van down by the river

Heatherj43 wrote:
LMAO!!

actually striking a player with the intent to injure above the shoulders isnt part of the game, thats why ben got so many games

his brother will also be charged for the faracas, as will fred jones.

thankfully an arbitrator is going to hear the players cases for reducing the suspensions (though i think only rons should be reduced)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:55 am 
Unthought Known

Peeps wrote:
Heatherj43 wrote:
LMAO!!

actually striking a player with the intent to injure above the shoulders isnt part of the game, thats why ben got so many games

his brother will also be charged for the faracas, as will fred jones.

thankfully an arbitrator is going to hear the players cases for reducing the suspensions (though i think only rons should be reduced)

In the end, isn't the ultimate decision still up to Stern?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 5:02 am 

Go_State wrote:

depends, are you an optimist or a pessimist? (sp)

see, the commissioner has the final say on all things that happen on the court.

technically, and this is how the players union is approaching it, nothing happened on the court, it happend off the court

this is why sprees year long banishment was reduced.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 5:38 am 
Unthought Known

Peeps wrote:
Go_State wrote:

technically, and this is how the players union is approaching it, nothing happened on the court, it happend off the court

Ahhh, not a bad argument. Although I think it's BS, but in a legal sense they might pull it off.

By the way, the spelling was right on. :) And I'm an optimist who hopes Artest remains suspended for the season. I think O'Neal is the only one who deserves a possible reduction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 5:47 am 
Got Some

Peeps wrote:
Go_State wrote:

Yes, but Sprewells incident did not happen during a game. It was durning practice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 5:53 am 

Stripe64 wrote:
Yes, but Sprewells incident did not happen during a game. It was durning practice.

yes i am quite aware of this, this is why its worded the commish has the power over all on the court transgressions, and this is also why the suspensions will probably in all-likilihood be reduced

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:02 am 
Got Some

Peeps wrote:
Stripe64 wrote:

yes i am quite aware of this, this is why its worded the commish has the power over all on the court transgressions, and this is also why the suspensions will probably in all-likilihood be reduced

Doubt it, he was on the court when his behavior led him into the stands. This suspension will stand, IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:06 am 

Stripe64 wrote:
Peeps wrote:
Stripe64 wrote:

Doubt it, he was on the court when his behavior led him into the stands. This suspension will stand, IMO.

actually, he was on the scorers table minding his own business

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:44 pm 
Got Some

Peeps wrote:
Stripe64 wrote:
Peeps wrote:
Stripe64 wrote:

Which is on the court.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:07 pm 

Stripe64 wrote:
Peeps wrote:

Which is on the court.

actually, its about 2 or 3 feet away from the court. if it was on the court, you could do a bounce pass off of it and it would still be in play, hence when the ball hits the scorers table, it is ruled out of bounds off the last team to touch it.

but nice try

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:31 pm 
Got Some

Peeps wrote:
Stripe64 wrote:
Peeps wrote:

Which is on the court.

actually, its about 2 or 3 feet away from the court. if it was on the court, you could do a bounce pass off of it and it would still be in play, hence when the ball hits the scorers table, it is ruled out of bounds off the last team to touch it.

but nice try

Just because it it out of bounds doesn't mean its not on the court. The floor they play on is considered the court. And the scorers table just happens to be on the floor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:57 pm 
Stone's Bitch

Go_State wrote:
I think O'Neal is the only one who deserves a possible reduction.

O'Neal never entered the stands so I think he should be able to come back sooner too. I think they should let Artest come back for the playoff's. Im just glad Reggie is back. He scored 23 points his first game back, and his left hand is still broken. Uncle Reggie is just a good "old" boy who just wants to win.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:48 am 
Global Moderator

hey prince, im not much of a basketball fan so who is your new avatar?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:04 am 
Stone's Bitch

jlvsprljam wrote:

Jermaine O'Neal.

He is the Pacers forward who got suspended 25 games. I feel the most sorry for Jermaine O'Neal because he never entered the stands. He only punched that guy becaues he entered the court and went after Artest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:50 am 
Global Moderator

The Fresh Prince wrote:
jlvsprljam wrote:

Jermaine O'Neal.

He is the Pacers forward who got suspended 25 games. I feel the most sorry for Jermaine O'Neal because he never entered the stands. He only punched that guy becaues he entered the court and went after Artest.

that was one hell of a punch though :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:43 am 
Stone's Bitch

jlvsprljam wrote:
The Fresh Prince wrote:
jlvsprljam wrote:

Jermaine O'Neal.

that was one hell of a punch though :lol:

I have the Prince now.

Reggie Miller is back for Indiana along with Jeff Foster and Anthony Johnson.

"Things were different then. All is different now." - Eddie Vedder

That is how the Pacers season has gone thus far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:47 pm 
Unthought Known

Five Indiana Pacers players and five Detroit Pistons fans are expected to be charged Wednesday in a brawl that broke out on the court and in the stands at a game at The Palace of Auburn Hills on Nov. 19, according to news reports.

All of the charges are expected to be for misdemeanor assault and battery except for one count of felony assault against a fan accused of throwing a chair, WDIV-TV said Tuesday, and the Detroit Free Press and The Detroit News said in their Wednesday editions.

The news organizations attributed the information to unidentified sources. The Free Press and WDIV said the players and fans will be charged, while the News said they are expected to be charged.

"I'm not going to confirm anything," Oakland County Prosecutor David Gorcyca said Tuesday night. He said he would not comment until 2 p.m. EST Wednesday, when he had scheduled a news conference to announce the charges.

The reports said Pacers player Jermaine O'Neal is expected to face two counts of misdemeanor assault and battery, while teammates Ron Artest, David Harrison, Stephen Jackson and Anthony Johnson are expected to face one count each.

Five fans are expected to face misdemeanor assault and battery charges, the reports said. John Green, 39, of Oakland County's West Blooomfield Township also is expected to face a second count of assault and battery, they said. Green is accused of throwing a plastic cup containing a drink that sparked the brawl.

Bryant Jackson, 35, of Genesee County's Mundy Township also is expected to face a felony assault charge on accusations that he threw a chair into the crowd, the reports said.

David Wallace, 33, of Selma, Ala., brother of Pistons center Ben Wallace, is one of three fans who is expected to face a single count each of misdemeanor assault and battery, the reports said. The reports did not identify the remaining two fans.

Assault and battery carries a maximum penalty of 93 days in jail and a fine of up to $500. Felonious assault carries up to four years' imprisonment.

The fight among spectators and players broke out near the end of the game after an on-court dispute over a foul. A fan tossed a drink at Artest, who then charged into the stands and began beating a man he thought had done it.

Gorcyca said Monday that his decision on charges would be based on videotapes of the brawl and about 1,000 pages of reports.

Two days after the brawl, NBA Commissioner David Stern issued lengthy suspensions against several players. He suspended Artest for the season, Jackson for 30 games and O'Neal for 25. Ben Wallace got six games and Johnson got five. Four players were suspended for a game apiece: Indiana's Reggie Miller and Detroit's Chauncey Billups, Elden Campbell and Derrick Coleman.

The prosecutor's office contacted Palace officials Tuesday to tell them charges would be filed, but names and charges were not disclosed, Pistons spokesman Matt Dobek told the News. NBA Commissioner David Stern also was notified, said Tim Frank, a spokesman for the NBA in New York. Pacers officials weren't contacted, said David Benner, a spokesman for the organization.

yieldgirl wrote:
I look a like slut trying to have my boobs all sticking out and shit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:19 am 
Stone's Bitch

StyrofoamChicken wrote:
David Wallace, 33, of Selma, Ala., brother of Pistons center Ben Wallace, is one of three fans who is expected to face a single count each of misdemeanor assault and battery, the reports said. The reports did not identify the remaining two fans.

Hahahah! Ben Wallace and his dumbass brother cant stay out of trouble.

"F" David and Ben Wallace.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 430 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports