Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 430 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 22  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:52 pm 
High Roller
 WWW  Profile

resonance of distance wrote:
I stoppped watching the NBA. This will most likely make more people stop watching the NBA.

i doubt it. if anything it will make more people watch

RM Led Zeppelin Tourney Champ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:06 pm 
Johnny Guitar

i got bugs wrote:
Peeps wrote:
totally agree..

if you were walking down the street and some dude threw a beer in your face..fuckin right youd want to kill them..when that fan threw a beer at artest, what the hell was he thinkin..he knew ron was a psycho and would not stand for that shit..what did he expect..

NEWSFLASH - He wasnt walking down the street, he was competing in a professional sporting event. That is why the security guards are there. PLUS HE ATTACKED THE WRONG FUCKING GUY. He is a lunatic and should be locked up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:32 pm 
Banned from the Pit

walshmg wrote:
pjchrisrvm wrote:
Peeps wrote:
artest was assaulted, plain and simple, he went after the guy he thought who did it. artest is a psycho, not too many people will argue that, but i dont find fault with what he did going into the stands.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest definetly on this one

artest was assaulted...but he had no right ot lay on the scorers table. plain and simple..NONE of this would of happened if arest didn't lay on the scorers table. It all comes down to him and to his physco personality. The league needs to make a statement....Artest, oneil, jackson suspened ATLEAST 25 games. Wallace 5 games. Maybe artest wanted to get suspended so he can promote his CD more. I wouldnt' be surprised...he is a fucking physco.

Couldnt agree more.

That is THE dumbest shit i've ever heard in my life period. No right to lay on the scorers table? WTF, he wasnt doing anythig at all, i'm sure if he was just standing there he would have got hit too. The fight was over, the fan who threw the beer started this riot. It's time people take responsibility for their actions, the fans were a disgrace and lucky they didnt get worse. Why is it the fan fault when they assault a first base coach, but not when they assault ron artest. im not even gonna say the reason i think.

and the o'neil punch was one of the best/worst things ive ever seen in a fight

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:38 pm 
Supersonic
 YIM  Profile

purple_chick79 wrote:
Those poor kids that had to watch that shit.....and did anyone see that poor old lady who got creamed??!??

Sad day in sports indeed.
this is not a sad day in sports. a sad day in sports was when detroit won the nba finals or red soxs winning the world series. i cried like a baby on both occasions :lol: :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:50 pm 
In a van down by the river

jasonw wrote:
walshmg wrote:
pjchrisrvm wrote:
Peeps wrote:
artest was assaulted, plain and simple, he went after the guy he thought who did it. artest is a psycho, not too many people will argue that, but i dont find fault with what he did going into the stands.

artest was assaulted...but he had no right ot lay on the scorers table. plain and simple..NONE of this would of happened if arest didn't lay on the scorers table. It all comes down to him and to his physco personality. The league needs to make a statement....Artest, oneil, jackson suspened ATLEAST 25 games. Wallace 5 games. Maybe artest wanted to get suspended so he can promote his CD more. I wouldnt' be surprised...he is a fucking physco.

Couldnt agree more.

That is THE dumbest shit i've ever heard in my life period. No right to lay on the scorers table? WTF, he wasnt doing anythig at all, i'm sure if he was just standing there he would have got hit too. The fight was over, the fan who threw the beer started this riot. It's time people take responsibility for their actions, the fans were a disgrace and lucky they didnt get worse. Why is it the fan fault when they assault a first base coach, but not when they assault ron artest. im not even gonna say the reason i think.

you beat me to it. to say artest started all this cause he laid on a scorers table.....wow, i dont know if i can even describe the shear funniness that springs to mind at this

and

Quote:
NEWSFLASH - He wasnt walking down the street, he was competing in a professional sporting event. That is why the security guards are there. PLUS HE ATTACKED THE WRONG FUCKING GUY. He is a lunatic and should be locked up.

the same rules apply, and if you heard the interview with the police officer by jim gray, artest was assaulted, plain and simple

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:56 pm 
Johnny Guitar

Peeps wrote:
jasonw wrote:
walshmg wrote:
pjchrisrvm wrote:
Peeps wrote:

Couldnt agree more.

you beat me to it. to say artest started all this cause he laid on a scorers table.....wow, i dont know if i can even describe the shear funniness that springs to mind at this

and

Quote:

the same rules apply, and if you heard the interview with the police officer by jim gray, artest was assaulted, plain and simple

The the cop says he was assaulted, this gives him the right to beat up someone that nothing to do with it, please people get with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:03 pm 
Administrator

walshmg wrote:
i got bugs wrote:
Peeps wrote:
totally agree..

if you were walking down the street and some dude threw a beer in your face..fuckin right youd want to kill them..when that fan threw a beer at artest, what the hell was he thinkin..he knew ron was a psycho and would not stand for that shit..what did he expect..

I'm not sure he actually attacked that guy did he? Looks like he just had him pinned to the ground. Maybe I didn't see it too clearly, though, because I just watched it twice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:05 pm 
Banned from the Pit

there didnt seem to be any security anywhere near by, what would have stopped the guy from throwing more stuff at artest.

im deeply sorry about the innocent fans who got hurt, but the fans who did shit to the players got what they deserved. the players are paid to play basketball not take physical abuse from some cowardly fan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:05 pm 
Leak Inspector
 WWW  Profile

Clubber wrote:
resonance of distance wrote:
I stoppped watching the NBA. This will most likely make more people stop watching the NBA.

i doubt it. if anything it will make more people watch

true

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:06 pm 
In a van down by the river

$úñ_DëV|L wrote:
I'm not sure he actually attacked that guy did he? Looks like he just had him pinned to the ground. Maybe I didn't see it too clearly, though, because I just watched it twice.

from what i saw, no he didnt punch him either, but maybe ron does need to pay restitution for the dry cleaning the guy must need now, cause im sure by the look in his face he shit his pants

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:06 pm 
Banned from the Pit

$úñ_DëV|L wrote:
walshmg wrote:
i got bugs wrote:
Peeps wrote:
totally agree..

you are absolotely right, artest just pinned that dude down, the only people he punched were people that came at him fists raised

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:15 pm 
Clubber wrote:
androgynous mind wrote:
i honestly thought that was fucking hilarious. if i were artest and some fan threw beer at me i would have punched him. end of story. that was hilarious.

It's not funny! Kids were crying!

Dude, there is NOTHING funny about terrified children crying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:18 pm 
Force of Nature
 WWW  Profile

jasonw wrote:
walshmg wrote:
pjchrisrvm wrote:
Peeps wrote:

Couldnt agree more.

think what you want...but if artest did not become a complete jack ass and lay on the scorers table...we would only be talking about the shoving match between artest and wallace, the whole brawl wouldn't of even started.

Parking lot fills with cars and trucks, the sound of the fans chant DALLAS SUCKS! Some call it rude we call it passion, look at our past a reason for reaction. Time to show the world what Phillys all about, first game at the Lincoln I got kicked out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:19 pm 
Leak Inspector
 WWW  Profile

wildeyedcrazymary wrote:
Clubber wrote:
androgynous mind wrote:
i honestly thought that was fucking hilarious. if i were artest and some fan threw beer at me i would have punched him. end of story. that was hilarious.

EH*UAOHAUIHIUEHIUHAIUHAIUHAOIHIOAUHAUI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:19 pm 
High Roller
 WWW  Profile

wildeyedcrazymary wrote:
Clubber wrote:
androgynous mind wrote:

yes there is. When my dad was about to beat the shit out of me and i was pissing in my pants it was hilarious. It's still hilarious today. As is the whole brawl, i can't wait to watch it again and laugh my ass off

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:35 pm 
Mike's Maniac

It's simple, as a player you have to be able to control yourself even in the ehat of the battle, but If someone throw a cup at my face, i probably woulda done the same exact thing, Not because I thought it was right, but because I got caught up in the heat of the moment

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:50 pm 
Banned from the Pit

pjchrisrvm wrote:
jasonw wrote:
walshmg wrote:
pjchrisrvm wrote:
Peeps wrote:

Couldnt agree more.

think what you want...but if artest did not become a complete jack ass and lay on the scorers table...we would only be talking about the shoving match between artest and wallace, the whole brawl wouldn't of even started.

how does laying on the scores table make him a jackass? if he was just standing in that same area do you think no one would have thrown anything at him? Laying down is not justification fr being attacked.

the fan is to blame

i really have some other thoughts pn this issue but i dont want to incite a riot on the board.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:51 pm 
Force of Nature

NBA indefinitely suspends Artest, O'Neal, Jackson, Wallace

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=a ... &type=lgns

Artest should have never gone into the stands. He got hit by a plastic water bottle and that's it. Like others said security should have taken care of the guy who threw the water bottle. After Artest went into the stands everything went crazy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 9:09 pm 
Johnny Guitar

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnat ... nt_id=1010

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 9:12 pm 
High Roller
 WWW  Profile

walshmg wrote:
http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/polling?event_id=1010

did you see the first question?

1) Was this the funniest incident of fan-player violence you can recall?

Yes: check!
No :

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 430 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 22  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports