Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 430 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:52 pm 
Unthought Known

Okay. So both teams get involved in a shoving match on the court. Artest goes to the announcer's table to avoid future conflict. Some douchebag throws something at him. The douchebag gets his ass kicked by Artest. I think I'm one of the few that does not have a problem with this.

Obviously, shit like this shouldn't happen all the time, but seriously, when are fans going to learn to stop being assholes and throwing things? Professional athletes deal with verbal abuse enough. Heckling happens constantly, it's to be expected. But don't let this game of accusation be thrown at the players. When a fan COMES ON THE COURT and actually TRIES to fight Artest, I'm not going to shed any tears when Jermaine O'Neal shows up and beats said fan the fuck up. You don't do shit like that. Once fans start getting physically abusive by throwing things or coming on the court, it should be taken care of. Ron Artest shouldn't have been the one to kick that cup-thrower's ass. Security should have. But where were they? The guy was in close proximity to the benches. Security should have been there just as soon as Artest was.

And did we all miss the lovely chair-throw from one of the Pistons fans?

So right now, I'm less disappointed in Artest and the Pacers than I am in Detroit fans. Aren't these the same people trying to get rid of that whole "rioting after championship wins and causing general chaos" reputation? Looks like they're back at square one.

Last edited by inadvertent imitation on Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:53 pm 
Force of Nature

I NEVER watch the NBA and I was just browsing through the channels and happened to catch this from the very beginning.

Artest is a jerk, no doubt, but put yourself in this situation. He had just removed himself from Wallace trying to punch his lights out. The foul was toally legal. Wallace was pissed because Detroit was getting their asses kicked. So Artest goes over to the bench to lay back and cool off. All of a sudden he is pummeled by a beer (which is assault in and of itself by the way)and he sees exactly who did it. Any player in the league would have dome the same thing and I, in this case, would not blame them at all. And as for te fans who came onto the court, they are the ones who should be getting some jail time. The Detroit fans should all be proud of themselves.

Ledbetterman10 wrote:
This place is a cesspool of douchbagery.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:54 pm 
Unthought Known

TortureFollowsReward wrote:
I NEVER watch the NBA and I was just browsing through the channels and happened to catch this from the very beginning.

Artest is a jerk, no doubt, but put yourself in this situation. He had just removed himself from Wallace trying to punch his lights out. The foul was toally legal. Wallace was pissed because Detroit was getting their asses kicked. So Artest goes over to the bench to lay back and cool off. All of a sudden he is pummeled by a beer (which is assault in and of itself by the way)and he sees exactly who did it. Any player in the league would have dome the same thing and I, in this case, would not blame them at all. And as for te fans who came onto the court, they are the ones who should be getting some jail time. The Detroit fans should all be proud of themselves.

You got it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:08 pm 
Got Some

Ron Artest should never be allowed to play in the NBA again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:08 pm 
Johnny Guitar

lunkin wrote:
stickfig13 wrote:
JAIL TIME! that is what everybody who landed a punch should get. I don't care who you are! This is horrible....

artest, jackson, oneil.... should be suspended for the season so they can serve their sentences!
:roll: please give me a break. im so tired of every being so soft. artest,jackson, oneill didnt do anything wrong. if someone through something on u or started punching u what would u do? enough of this fake purantism. :x

You act like a professional, which is what these guys are supposed to be, not rappers. Absolutely pathetic. The fans should not be throwing things, but the way Artest reacted was stupid. He should be kicked out of the league, there is no place for actions like that in professional sports.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:10 pm 
Administrator

I'm still thinking about how I would pass judgement, but I can definitely say that both Artest/Jackson/O'Neal and the fans involved are all to blame.

In the meantime, a question for all you: The longest suspension in NBA history was when Sprewell choked his coach (68 games). How does this melee compare to that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:14 pm 
Johnny Guitar

Those poor kids that had to watch that shit.....and did anyone see that poor old lady who got creamed??!??

Sad day in sports indeed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:16 pm 
Johnny Guitar

By the way, anyone who finds this humorous, has about as much class as Ron Artest. This is one of the lowest moments in sports history.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:17 pm 
Johnny Guitar

walshmg wrote:
By the way, anyone who finds this humorous, has about as much class as Ron Artest. This is one of the lowest moments in sports history.

I agree........this was NOT funny at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:18 pm 
Leak Inspector
 WWW  Profile

purple_chick79 wrote:
Those poor kids that had to watch that shit.....and did anyone see that poor old lady who got creamed??!??

ahahahahahhaahaha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:22 pm 
Johnny Guitar

psychobain wrote:
purple_chick79 wrote:

ahahahahahhaahaha

Now what could be so funny about that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:26 pm 
a joke

TortureFollowsReward wrote:
So Artest goes over to the bench to lay back and cool off. All of a sudden he is pummeled by a beer (which is assault in and of itself by the way)and he sees exactly who did it.

Okay.. Its been confirmed artest attacked the WRONG fan. Attacked the wrong guy. .. So now whats the defense?

and the other thing that keeps pissing me off is "Artest was just trying to calm down" No. he wasnt. He was being a snide sarcastic fuck. It was a hard foul. borderline flagerent. I dont have too much a problem with that... or ben wallaces response.

Assholes who should go to Jail
Ron Artest
Jermaine O'Neal
Stephen Jackson (you can see him ready to fight before artest even lays down)
Detroit Fan in the Blue "wallace" shirt with Khaki hat
Big Detroit Fan in Gray Shirt punching at Fred Jones

Assholes who should get suspended
Artest 15 games min (would be less if he attacked the right guy)
Jackson 10 Games- attacking uninvolved fan with a haymaker
O Neal- Rest of Season. I dont give a fuck if the guy was on the court. He was already restrained by 3 guys, and he sucker punched him. If your 7 foot, 265, do think a 5'9 Fat Guy being held down by 3 others people is really a threat?
Ben Wallace 5 Games- Shove was a little over the top. Threw Headband at Artest

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:30 pm 
Leak Inspector
 WWW  Profile

purple_chick79 wrote:
psychobain wrote:
purple_chick79 wrote:

ahahahahahhaahaha

Now what could be so funny about that?

calm down...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:30 pm 
Johnny Guitar

inadvertent imitation wrote:
When a fan COMES ON THE COURT and actually TRIES to fight Artest, I'm not going to shed any tears when Jermaine O'Neal shows up and beats said fan the fuck up. .

What game were you watching? Artest went in the stands and attacked the fan. The wrong one I might add. MORON.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:38 pm 
Force of Nature

walshmg wrote:
When a fan COMES ON THE COURT and actually TRIES to fight Artest, I'm not going to shed any tears when Jermaine O'Neal shows up and beats said fan the fuck up. .

What game were you watching? Artest went in the stands and attacked the fan. The wrong one I might add. MORON.

Did you watch the whole thing? After they got Artest out of the stands a fan came up to him ON THE COURT. Artest punched him in the face. I don't have a problem with that if the fan is on the court. The bottom line is they are all morons

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:41 pm 
Johnny Guitar

PJHutch wrote:
walshmg wrote:

Did you watch the whole thing? After they got Artest out of the stands a fan came up to him ON THE COURT. Artest punched him in the face. I don't have a problem with that if the fan is on the court. The bottom line is they are all morons

Yes I did watch the whole thing, this was after the fact. If he didnt go into the stands in the first place that guy wouldnt of ran on the court.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:46 pm 
Force of Nature

walshmg wrote:
PJHutch wrote:
walshmg wrote:

Yes I did watch the whole thing, this was after the fact. If he didnt go into the stands in the first place that guy wouldnt of ran on the court.

So you are saying this is the same guy? The same fan that he originally went after? Using your logic the whole thing is Ben Wallace's fault for pushing Artest to after a legit, non-flagrant foul.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:53 pm 
Unthought Known
 YIM  Profile

If I were in charge of the league I'd suspend Artest for the rest of the season. You can't go into the stands after fans. People say he was attacked with a beer, he was defending himself, "pummeled". Give me a break, he should have let security take care of the person who threw it.

Idiots say anyone on the street would have done the same thing, sorry but the situation was not out in the street, if it was Artest or anyone else would not have been wrong for going after the person. In a NBA arena there are police officers and security that take care of things like this. Artest spun the situation out of control by going into the stands. Security could not possible gain control of a situation like that when it escilated so fast. If Artest had stood up and stayed on the court security would have found the fan who threw the cup and locked him up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:59 pm 
Johnny Guitar

Bottom line is........even though the fans and the players are both in the wrong.....it was JUST a cup of liquid.....Artest should have shown some sense and let security deal with it. Instead he cause one of the biggest fights in the NBA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:00 pm 
Johnny Guitar

PJHutch wrote:
walshmg wrote:
PJHutch wrote:
walshmg wrote:

So you are saying this is the same guy? The same fan that he originally went after? Using your logic the whole thing is Ben Wallace's fault for pushing Artest to after a legit, non-flagrant foul.

No it wasn't the same guy, the original guy that Artest went after was not the guy that tossed the beer. How could he know who it was he wasn't even looking. It was not a legit foul, it was a cheap shot. The response by Wallace was a little drastic as well, but the blame is with out a doubt on Artest's shoulders, he will no doubt get the biggest fine and suspension, which he should. The minimum he should get is suspended for the season.

That is why there are security guards everywhere, they are supposed to handle the stupid fans throwing things. Artest needs to see a psychatrist. Anyone taking his side of this needs to join him in a group session.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 430 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports