Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 430 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:07 pm 
Force of Nature

i hate Ron Artest. i think he's an asshole and an ungrateful basketball player BUT.....i was cheering him when he was punching all those asshole fans. they deserved it. we can say that morally and professionally its wrong, but god it felt so right.

and i cant believe that fat guy's cheek wasnt shattered by Jermaine Oneal. any fan that steps onto the court is looking for trouble. i thought it was beautiful when he nailed him with that sliding punch LOL.

blame cant be placed on any 1 party. the fans are just as guilty as Artest. im actually gonna feel bad for Artest when the punishments come down from David Stern. he gained some respect from me. that was awesome.

Post subject: Re: Detroit/Indiana/Pistons fans fight thread
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:11 pm 
High Roller
 WWW  Profile

Ensign9 wrote:
Clubber wrote:
the funniest shit I've seen in awhile. Just fucking hilarious

Yeah, I couldn't stop laughing when I saw those kids crying in the arena. That's knee-slapping hilarious.

The whole thing is sickening.

So kids were crying.....they cry all the time. That's what kids do. Maybe it will wake some kids up and show them that these guys are not role models. They are athletes that get paid a ton of money, nothing else. And it was definitely hilarious. I like chaos, it comes off as funny to me. It's even more funny the 10th time i watched it. Especially the announcers. It was like they were calling a wrestling match.

RM Led Zeppelin Tourney Champ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:15 pm 
Force of Nature

Quote:
it comes off as funny to me. It's even more funny the 10th time i watched it. Especially the announcers. It was like they were calling a wrestling match.

HAHA you said it man

"ron artest has a look in his eye thats very scary right now!!" - mike breen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:17 pm 
High Roller
 WWW  Profile

no riot code wrote:
Quote:
it comes off as funny to me. It's even more funny the 10th time i watched it. Especially the announcers. It was like they were calling a wrestling match.

HAHA you said it man

"ron artest has a look in his eye thats very scary right now!!" - mike breen.

Haha! Ya see? That's fucking funny. Totally something a wrestling announcer would say. "He's got a chair!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:23 pm 
Force of Nature

walshmg wrote:
PJHutch wrote:
walshmg wrote:
PJHutch wrote:
walshmg wrote:
inadvertent imitation wrote:

Yes I did watch the whole thing, this was after the fact. If he didnt go into the stands in the first place that guy wouldnt of ran on the court.

So you are saying this is the same guy? The same fan that he originally went after? Using your logic the whole thing is Ben Wallace's fault for pushing Artest to after a legit, non-flagrant foul.

No it wasn't the same guy, the original guy that Artest went after was not the guy that tossed the beer. How could he know who it was he wasn't even looking. It was not a legit foul, it was a cheap shot. The response by Wallace was a little drastic as well, but the blame is with out a doubt on Artest's shoulders, he will no doubt get the biggest fine and suspension, which he should. The minimum he should get is suspended for the season.

That is why there are security guards everywhere, they are supposed to handle the stupid fans throwing things. Artest needs to see a psychatrist. Anyone taking his side of this needs to join him in a group session.

I am not siding with Artest, he is the definition of the word asshole. I have no problem with him punching the fan in the face that was on the court though, fans shouldn't be on the court, just like he shouldn't be in the stands. The foul on Wallace was not a cheap shot by the way, nothing more than a hard foul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:34 pm 
In a van down by the river

ok, after watching fightcenter...errr i mean sportscenter for two hours this morning heres my take on it. (from the fight with the fans)

artest was assaulted, plain and simple, he went after the guy he thought who did it. artest is a psycho, not too many people will argue that, but i dont find fault with what he did going into the stands.

things i found very comical about the whole thing:

The guy artest went after:

there he is whoo whoo whoo whoo cheering that artest got hit, and then in .0000056 of a second, hes shitting his pants cause artest knocks him down. from what i seen, artest didnt punch him, but knocked him down, then some jagoff threw more beer/liquid on artest, of which stephen jackson clocked him but good.

the guy in the wallace jersey and white hat

sure, try to play mr nice guy and pretend to break up the fight then throw bitchy little laverne and shirley punches at artests head as youre behind him. youre a pussy, plain and simple.

the big brother with the light purple/gray shirt on

you have a future in being a body guard, you kicked some ass, of course you were about 6'5 and 300lbs taking on 6'2 freddie jones, but hey, if 6'6 can take on 5'10, its all fair. jones was smart and got the fuck outta dodge as soon as he saw what was hitting him.

chico and juan, the true detroit bash brothers

had you died by any of those punches you would have made the darwin list for the year. why in the fuck do you get on the floor, come across artest, who you damn well know is a few fries short of a happy meal, and make a jesture towards him that youre going to punch him. you get what you deserve in a one on one fight, but then your brother or homie jumps in to, and then jermaine oneal blasts you. i seriously wish more damage would have been done to these two shitheads, so that people know, dont confront athletes in a threating manner. period.

now for the game itself. its been said, wallace was pissy cause his team was going to lose. there was nothing flagrant at all about the foul. was it hard? yes, but by no means flagrant, and anyone who sees it that way is obviously one of two things. an artest hater or detroit homer.

suspensions/fines

indiana

the team itself - $75000 donated to an anger management facility

artest 5 games - even though i believe he had every right to jump up there in the stands, he has to be conditioned to know its wrong, but i honestly dont think he will ever

jackson 5 games - see above explanation

Detroit

ben wallace - 2 games - a hit above the shoulders, thats a league no no.

in any sport, no matter what it is, just because you buy a ticket to watch a game, doesnt give you the right to be a douchebag

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:41 pm 
High Roller
 WWW  Profile

Artest: 20 game suspension - I don't blame Artest for what he did. However, you don't jump into the stands. The commish isn't gonna let that go.

Jackson: 15 game suspension - He was the wackiest out of all the players. It seemed as if these guys transported themselves back to their high school days with this whole brawl. Jackson just snapped and went after a bunch of people.

Oneal: 10 game suspension - Great sliding right hand by Jermaine. It still deserves a suspension even if he was defending his teammate.

Wallace: 7 game suspension - The instigator of the whole thing. None of this would have happened if he didn't act like a baby.

Chico and Juan: - 10 days in jail

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:02 pm 
Force of Nature

hahaha Chico and Juan.....

press Pause right when Jermaine Oneal is following thru with his punch...Juan's face looks HILARIOUS. his nose, eyes, mouth theyre all going to the very left LOL.

Artest definitely earned the right to wear #91 last nite.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:03 pm 
Johnny Guitar

Peeps wrote:
ok, after watching fightcenter...errr i mean sportscenter for two hours this morning heres my take on it. (from the fight with the fans)

artest was assaulted, plain and simple, he went after the guy he thought who did it. artest is a psycho, not too many people will argue that, but i dont find fault with what he did going into the stands.

there he is whoo whoo whoo whoo cheering that artest got hit, and then in .0000056 of a second, hes shitting his pants cause artest knocks him down. from what i seen, artest didnt punch him, but knocked him down, then some jagoff threw more beer/liquid on artest, of which stephen jackson clocked him but good.

sure, try to play mr nice guy and pretend to break up the fight then throw bitchy little laverne and shirley punches at artests head as youre behind him. youre a pussy, plain and simple.

you have a future in being a body guard, you kicked some ass, of course you were about 6'5 and 300lbs taking on 6'2 freddie jones, but hey, if 6'6 can take on 5'10, its all fair. jones was smart and got the fuck outta dodge as soon as he saw what was hitting him.

had you died by any of those punches you would have made the darwin list for the year. why in the fuck do you get on the floor, come across artest, who you damn well know is a few fries short of a happy meal, and make a jesture towards him that youre going to punch him. you get what you deserve in a one on one fight, but then your brother or homie jumps in to, and then jermaine oneal blasts you. i seriously wish more damage would have been done to these two shitheads, so that people know, dont confront athletes in a threating manner. period.

now for the game itself. its been said, wallace was pissy cause his team was going to lose. there was nothing flagrant at all about the foul. was it hard? yes, but by no means flagrant, and anyone who sees it that way is obviously one of two things. an artest hater or detroit homer.

suspensions/fines

indiana

artest 5 games - even though i believe he had every right to jump up there in the stands, he has to be conditioned to know its wrong, but i honestly dont think he will ever

Detroit

in any sport, no matter what it is, just because you buy a ticket to watch a game, doesnt give you the right to be a douchebag

But it gives Artest the right to attack someone in the stands? 5 game suspension, give me a break. At the absolute least it will be a month suspension.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:04 pm 
Force of Nature

After seeing this shit I don't want to hear about Philly fans and how bad they are because they booed Santa Clause or how we booed Mike Schmidt none of that even compares to what happened in Detroit.

I hope Artest, and Jackson, gets suspended for like 15-20 games

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:07 pm 
Banned from the Pit

i honestly thought that was fucking hilarious. if i were artest and some fan threw beer at me i would have punched him. end of story. that was hilarious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:11 pm 
High Roller
 WWW  Profile

androgynous mind wrote:
i honestly thought that was fucking hilarious. if i were artest and some fan threw beer at me i would have punched him. end of story. that was hilarious.

It's not funny! Kids were crying!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:29 pm 
Got Some

Artrest and Jackson should be out for the year. O'Neal should be out 25 games. If I were commissioner I wouldn't put up with this shit. Yeah, the fans were to blame too, but the players have to take the high road. Those players disgraced the league. I wouldn't be having any of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:32 pm 
Force of Nature
 WWW  Profile

Peeps wrote:

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest definetly on this one

artest was assaulted...but he had no right ot lay on the scorers table. plain and simple..NONE of this would of happened if arest didn't lay on the scorers table. It all comes down to him and to his physco personality. The league needs to make a statement....Artest, oneil, jackson suspened ATLEAST 25 games. Wallace 5 games. Maybe artest wanted to get suspended so he can promote his CD more. I wouldnt' be surprised...he is a fucking physco.

Parking lot fills with cars and trucks, the sound of the fans chant DALLAS SUCKS! Some call it rude we call it passion, look at our past a reason for reaction. Time to show the world what Phillys all about, first game at the Lincoln I got kicked out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:36 pm 
Administrator

As big an idiot as Artest may be for punching a guy over liquid, the guy deserves it. You don't throw liquid on ANYBODY. One of the basic rules of physics is you don't purposely piss off somebody who's more than capable of ripping your head off your shoulders.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:37 pm 
Johnny Guitar

pjchrisrvm wrote:
Peeps wrote:

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest definetly on this one

artest was assaulted...but he had no right ot lay on the scorers table. plain and simple..NONE of this would of happened if arest didn't lay on the scorers table. It all comes down to him and to his physco personality. The league needs to make a statement....Artest, oneil, jackson suspened ATLEAST 25 games. Wallace 5 games. Maybe artest wanted to get suspended so he can promote his CD more. I wouldnt' be surprised...he is a fucking physco.

Couldnt agree more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:39 pm 
Force of Nature
 WWW  Profile

$úñ_DëV|L wrote:
As big an idiot as Artest may be for punching a guy over liquid, the guy deserves it. You don't throw liquid on ANYBODY. One of the basic rules of physics is you don't purposely piss off somebody who's more than capable of ripping your head off your shoulders.

he went after the wrong guy. the guy in the blue wallace shirt and white hat threw the drink at artest.

Parking lot fills with cars and trucks, the sound of the fans chant DALLAS SUCKS! Some call it rude we call it passion, look at our past a reason for reaction. Time to show the world what Phillys all about, first game at the Lincoln I got kicked out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:40 pm 
Unthought Known

$úñ_DëV|L wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:44 pm 
Supersonic

Peeps wrote:

suspensions/fines

indiana

Detroit

totally agree..

if you were walking down the street and some dude threw a beer in your face..fuckin right youd want to kill them..when that fan threw a beer at artest, what the hell was he thinkin..he knew ron was a psycho and would not stand for that shit..what did he expect..

its a shame that ron went after the wrong guy, but the original thrower got his tahnks to s jackson..he was the big dude in the blue shirt and hat..hope they find him and send him to jail for a long time for inciting a riot..

and the chicos..haha..good for them..anyone that steps onto the court is fair game..im so happy oneill clocked that fucker,,man that was a good shot..and artest got the other..and fuck you if you didint agree with them beating on the gringos..remember that incident where a fan stabbed a coach in baseball..yeah..if you were a player would you take the chance on that..you gotta defend yourself..what if security let that guy go to break up another fight and he went after oniell..anyone who goes on the playing court and looks for trouble should be severly beaten and/or thrown the fuck in jail..

the only bad thing is that these players gotta look at the money side..they are making 10 mil a year fighting someone making 30g a year..lawsuits are bound to happen (like when j nelson beat that guys ass in bostons bullpen)..i guess you can say let security handle it, but its fuckin artest..what do you expect..im hoping if one of those assholes sue, they should check tape and if they did one thing to instigate the fight..no dough, and a countersuit should take place..this may help guilty people idicte themselves..i do feel bad for some bystanders..but hey..maybe they should sue the fans who started the whole thing, not the nba

dvds -> http://db.etree.org/lukinman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:48 pm 
Got Some
 YIM  Profile

I stoppped watching the NBA. This will most likely make more people stop watching the NBA.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 430 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports