Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 884 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 45  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:58 pm 
Force of Nature

warehouse wrote:
Kevman wrote:
should be a good series. i don't think i can deal with a first round exit. not after a seasonlike this.
start preparing yourself now.

funny your avatar has a fridge full of beer because comments like that makes me think you finished a full fridge.

I realized that it's not the flyers that i hate so much as much as I hate their classless fans. The only city of fans that actually clap when a player is hurt.

this yer's flyers team is fairly tame, and not such aggitators as previous teams. I'll give you that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:59 pm 
AnalLog

oh the "philly has no class" argument. original!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:14 pm 
Force of Nature

warehouse wrote:

it's not meant to be original. it's meant to just vent my frustration at how i know this series will gnaw at me. and even with a tamer team, i feel like the philly fans will really get me going like they always do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:15 pm 
AnalLog

Kevman wrote:
warehouse wrote:

it's not meant to be original. it's meant to just vent my frustration at how i know this series will gnaw at me. and even with a tamer team, i feel like the philly fans will really get me going like they always do.
ill try my best, pal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:04 pm 
Supersonic
 WWW  Profile

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/eblog/Default.aspx

Quote:
Well Buffalo has 4th.... 04/18/2006 @ 07:11 PM

957 devils mount a amazing comeback and take the lead.. 9:12 pm Flyers up 2-1 4:58 left....nyr down 4-1...nj down 3-0..if it stays this way the Flyers get the division and the Devils, The Sabres and Rangers will meet...Buffalo up 3-0 on Carolina...so Ottawa will face Tampa, and Carolina Montreal...

9:00pm Flyers tie it at 1...NJ down 2-0..NYR down 3-0...the question is this...If the Rangers and Devils lose and the Flyers win they get NJ. NJ has dominated them lately...if it goes to OT and you are the Flyers faced with NJ with home ice with a win or Buffalo away with a loss...what a crazy reality it will become..Forsberg testing groin every stoppage...

8:23 Forsberg playing, but taking small strides...asks Nedved to take a draw..not good for the Flyerss...Hitch steamed with a non call on a headlock by Garth Snow...Flyers with only 10 shots through 35 minutes of play..all eastteams still losing...amazing

8:12 I just noticed Peter Forsberg wincing in pain after striding after a puck...still 1-0 Isles..2-0Montreal...Ottawa 1-0..the battle for the east is a matter of everyone losing right now...

7:52 End of Period 1...Isles playing very hard..Flyers really flat...1-0 Isles

7:27Buffalo up on Carolina

7:14...It strikes me that this is the first arena I have seen this year that doesn`t say "Thank You Fans" on the ice

everything else is up in that air...I am up here in the press box at Nassau...late arriving crowd.....I will be reporting on the Eastern Playoff Race in real-time on the blog...enjoy the race... ... close

:thumbsup:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:43 pm 
Unthought Known

I'm considering getting a ticket for Monday night's game. I'm going to be up in Niagara Falls for the week, so I thought it might be fun to head down in my Michigan St. jersey and root on the Sabres.

It's rather sad the amount of tix I'm pulling up one day prior, though. Is it typical that Sabres playoff games don't sell-out or take a long time to sell-out?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:27 pm 
Supersonic
 WWW  Profile

Go_State wrote:
I'm considering getting a ticket for Monday night's game. I'm going to be up in Niagara Falls for the week, so I thought it might be fun to head down in my Michigan St. jersey and root on the Sabres.

It's rather sad the amount of tix I'm pulling up one day prior, though. Is it typical that Sabres playoff games don't sell-out or take a long time to sell-out?

It'll be sold out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:51 pm 
Unthought Known

Ensign9 wrote:
Go_State wrote:

It'll be sold out.

I figured. I know the last game was. I guess I'm just used to Wings playoff games where if you didn't get one within the first day, hours, often minutes, you weren't getting one period.

For the record, I'll be in the upper bowl. I couldn't justify $30 more to get in the lower bowl for a team I'm only a casual fan of.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:22 pm 
Force of Nature

Ensign9 wrote:
Go_State wrote:

It'll be sold out.

ensign, comments on the 8-2 bashing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:02 pm 
Supersonic
 WWW  Profile

Kevman wrote:
Ensign9 wrote:
Go_State wrote:

It'll be sold out.

ensign, comments on the 8-2 bashing?

http://www.jeff-fischer.net/?p=207

http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/vie ... hp?t=24810

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:36 pm 
Supersonic
 WWW  Profile

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=2688

Quote:
Sabres Fans Will Get Answers This Week
Today @ 9:28 AM ET | Comments (22)
I admire the passion and tenacity of Buffalo Sabres fans.

They want what they want, when they want it, OR, they'll keep asking until they FINALLY get what they want. In the end, Sabre fans usually get what they want.

Its no secret that patience is a virtue, and the collective patience of Western New York and Southern Ontario has been tested this Summer. Sabre fans have questions, and they want answers.They are not unreasonable. They don't give much slack to the GM at times like these. The way they see it, they were 2 minutes from advancing to the Stanley Cup playoffs against a team that they felt they could beat. They want the reassurance that their team---less Grier, McKee, Pyatt-- will be able to pick up right where they left off in June.

They are as demanding a fan base as any in pro sports.

They want the world and they want it now!

Sabres GM Darcy Regier knows what his priorities are and he'll address them all this week. The GM has had an interesting, nay, stressful Summer, as he's been busy with the draft, scouting department re-structuring, and the full docket of arbitration issues.

That said, here's what Sabre fan can expect this week. In order of importance:

* Ryan Miller- The long term deal has been slowly simmering for weeks.

This week we'll learn what the hold up has been in getting both sides to agree on the long term deal. I have a source who tells me that the deal is completed and an official announcement could come by mid-week. Miller is every bit as talented, and, valuable to his team as Ward is to the Canes, Lundqvist is to the Rangers, Kiprusoff is the The Flames.

Sabres fans want to go to bed at night knowing that their franchise player is locked up long term.

* JP Dumont- The Sabres and Dumont's agent have spoken regularly in the past three weeks, since Regier and the Sabres walked away from the $2.9 million arb ruling. Dumont would prefer to keep his family in Buffalo and his wish may in fact come true. A move to Detroit is NOT out of the question. My gut tells me that he stays for $2.0-$2.2 million per copy, roughly a 20% bump. Detroit is still lurking.

* Dmitri Kalinin- Its likely the Sabres will re-sign him. Exact dollars are the big question. Is a sign and trade imminent? Is it a sign-to-stay stay contract? One year? Long term?

The Sabres need another ass kicker on D. Sean Hill would've solved that problem for Buffalo. They need a down low prescence: a player of Hill's ilk who can drop the hammer on guys like Alfie, Heatley, Spezza, Ribiero, Bergeron, Jagr etc.

* Marty Biron- To quote the ubiquitous Howie Mandel:

Deal or No deal?

My guess is deal.

Once Miller is signed sealed and delivered.

Boucher is still a clear-cut favourite to back up Miller.

Answers to these questions should come this week.

Garth

spittinchiclets@netscape.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:59 am 
Got Some

GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO GOGO LEAFS GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO

GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO
GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:14 am 
Stone's Bitch

holierthanthou wrote:
GO DUCKS GO GO DUCKS GO GO DUCKS GO GO DUCKS GO GO DUCKS GO GO DUCKS GO GO DUCKS GO GO DUCKS GO GO DUCKS GO GOGO DUCKS GO DUCKS GO GO DUCKS GO GO DUCKS GO GO DUCKS GO GO DUCKS GO GO DUCKS GO GO DUCKS GO GO DUCKS GO GO DUCKS GO GO DUCKS GO

:thumbsup:

Winner, 2008 US Pearl Jam fantasy league. :D

Everton FC: 3-1-5
Anaheim Webbed D's: 5-6-2
USC Football: 7-2
Denver Broncos: 3-5

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:28 pm 
Supersonic
 WWW  Profile

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2565158

Quote:
Updated: Aug. 29, 2006, 1:22 PM ET
Dumont, Predators agree on two-year deal
ESPN.com news services

One of few remaining big-name free agents has found a new home.

Despite reports of interest from the Detroit Red Wings, unrestricted free-agent winger J.P. Dumont signed with the Nashville Predators, the team announced Tuesday.

The two sides agreed to a two-year contract that will pay Dumont $2 million this season and $2.5 million over the following campaign.

Dumont hit the open market in early August after the Buffalo Sabres passed on an arbitration ruling that awarded him a one-year contract worth $2.9 million.

In four of the past five NHL seasons with the Sabres, Dumont, 28, scored at least 20 goals. He had 20 goals and 20 assists in 54 games last season. He missed 10 weeks of the 2005-06 season after undergoing sports hernia surgery.

:?

And Martin Biron is still on this team.

:? :? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:01 pm 
Got Some

Ensign9 wrote:

Quote:
ESPN.com news services

Despite reports of interest from the Detroit Red Wings, unrestricted free-agent winger J.P. Dumont signed with the Nashville Predators, the team announced Tuesday.

The two sides agreed to a two-year contract that will pay Dumont $2 million this season and $2.5 million over the following campaign.

Dumont hit the open market in early August after the Buffalo Sabres passed on an arbitration ruling that awarded him a one-year contract worth $2.9 million.

In four of the past five NHL seasons with the Sabres, Dumont, 28, scored at least 20 goals. He had 20 goals and 20 assists in 54 games last season. He missed 10 weeks of the 2005-06 season after undergoing sports hernia surgery.

He wasn't worth $2.9m.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:04 am 
Supersonic
 WWW  Profile

Stelly wrote:
Ensign9 wrote:

Quote:
ESPN.com news services

He wasn't worth $2.9m.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:49 am 
Force of Nature

It sucks to lose him...what's with these arbitrators? I'm not sure how they're coming up with their numbers.

But on the plus side, Pomminville, Gaustad, Roy and Vanek were all good last year. They are going to be REALLY good this year. The team still has tons of depth...I can't wait for the season to start.

So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:34 am 
Supersonic
 WWW  Profile

Purple Hawk wrote:
It sucks to lose him...what's with these arbitrators? I'm not sure how they're coming up with their numbers.

But on the plus side, Pomminville, Gaustad, Roy and Vanek were all good last year. They are going to be REALLY good this year. The team still has tons of depth...I can't wait for the season to start.

Aribitration went out the window when the Sabres didn't accept the ruling. They could've signed Dumont for $2.2 per year. He wanted to come back. Instead we're stuck with a backup goalie making over $2M per season, with no decent trade in sight. This is Travis Henry all over again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:38 pm 
Got Some

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=176820&hubname=nhl

Sabres, Ryan Miller agree to terms

TSN.ca Staff

9/8/2006 3:54:47 PM

The Buffalo Sabres have agreed to terms with goaltender Ryan Miller on a three-year deal.

The 26-year-old Miller was 30-14-3 with a 2.60 goals against average in 48 games for the Sabres last season. He finished among the NHL's top ten in wins, goals against average and save percentage (.914). His 30 wins were tied with Henrik Lundqvist for the rookie lead.

In 18 playoff games last season Miller was 11-7 with a 2.56 goals against average and .908 save percentage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:41 pm 
Supersonic
 WWW  Profile

Good. Now get rid of Marty.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 884 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 45  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports