Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 864 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 44  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Manny "The Pacman" Pacquiao (Boxing)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 2:33 pm
Posts: 1546
Location: Monticello
ImageImage

The Dream Match

_________________
This ain't no party, this ain't no disco
this ain't no fooling around...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Manny "The Pacman" Pacquiao (Boxing)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Former PJ Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:16 pm
Posts: 19724
Location: Montreal, QC
Gender: Male
ftw

_________________
chud wrote:
Posting! Glorious Posting!

durdencommatyler wrote:
iPones, man. Fuck.


Proud member of: Team Binaural and Team Argo


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Manny "The Pacman" Pacquiao (Boxing)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Former PJ Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:16 pm
Posts: 19724
Location: Montreal, QC
Gender: Male
after much back and forth, it looks like the fight with ricky hatton is on for may 2. should be a great one.

still, it looks like manny's success was getting to him, i hope it doesn't affect negatively his performance, and that he will fight several more fights before retiring.

also, there's a lot of potentially great fights scheduled in between, so it should be an awesome first half of 09.

_________________
chud wrote:
Posting! Glorious Posting!

durdencommatyler wrote:
iPones, man. Fuck.


Proud member of: Team Binaural and Team Argo


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Manny "The Pacman" Pacquiao (Boxing)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:35 pm 
Offline
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:28 pm
Posts: 2573
Location: CT
rafa_garcia18 wrote:
after much back and forth, it looks like the fight with ricky hatton is on for may 2. should be a great one.

still, it looks like manny's success was getting to him, i hope it doesn't affect negatively his performance, and that he will fight several more fights before retiring.

also, there's a lot of potentially great fights scheduled in between, so it should be an awesome first half of 09.


I think Manny will beat Hatton pretty easily. If Mayweather could knock him out, Manny should have no problem. The only way he'll lose is if he doesn't try to defend at all and Hatton catches him with a big shot.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Manny "The Pacman" Pacquiao (Boxing)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 2:33 pm
Posts: 1546
Location: Monticello
countdown to MAY 2ND!!! :D

_________________
This ain't no party, this ain't no disco
this ain't no fooling around...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Manny "The Pacman" Pacquiao (Boxing)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:47 am 
Offline
User avatar
Pearl Jam Virgin
 YIM  Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:42 pm
Posts: 153
Location: Philippines
Everybody is already anticipating his fight with Hatton..Could be his last two fights before retiring and run for public office...:) He really wants it to I guess.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Manny "The Pacman" Pacquiao (Boxing)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 2:33 pm
Posts: 1546
Location: Monticello
bty1972 wrote:
Everybody is already anticipating his fight with Hatton..Could be his last two fights before retiring and run for public office...:) He really wants it to I guess.

do you think he would be good at being a politician? I know the stories of him being really generous and helping out poor communities but do you think he'll have success running for office?

im just curious on how the filipino community feels about it

_________________
This ain't no party, this ain't no disco
this ain't no fooling around...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Manny "The Pacman" Pacquiao (Boxing)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Former PJ Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:16 pm
Posts: 19724
Location: Montreal, QC
Gender: Male
i know the question was not directed at me, but this is my 2c

as far as i know/understand the filipino people love the guy, and he wouldn't have problems being elected to a big public office post. but i don't know how good he could be at actually managing. i don't know what kind of credentials he could bring, is he really prepared to take on so much responsibility? throwing punches in bunches has worked for him in boxing, but throwing money in bunches is not an effective way to run a country.

_________________
chud wrote:
Posting! Glorious Posting!

durdencommatyler wrote:
iPones, man. Fuck.


Proud member of: Team Binaural and Team Argo


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Manny "The Pacman" Pacquiao (Boxing)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:51 am 
Offline
User avatar
Pearl Jam Virgin
 YIM  Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:42 pm
Posts: 153
Location: Philippines
Thomas Jefferson wrote:
bty1972 wrote:
Everybody is already anticipating his fight with Hatton..Could be his last two fights before retiring and run for public office...:) He really wants it to I guess.

do you think he would be good at being a politician? I know the stories of him being really generous and helping out poor communities but do you think he'll have success running for office?

im just curious on how the filipino community feels about it


He lost running for a congress seat in 2006, by a large margin at that. But still he wants to run even for a local position. His lack of knowledge in administering probably gave him some problems while campaigning. And by losing he realizes that people are wise now in electing officials. I think he learned a lot from that experience (and lost a lot of money for sure). Some news that because he got a GED for High School a year ago, and he might finally study for college. I think Manny is really keen in helping the poor people from his province but still he lack something to be a politician. Another training perhaps(?) for his post boxing career. :)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Manny "The Pacman" Pacquiao (Boxing)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 2:33 pm
Posts: 1546
Location: Monticello
bty1972 wrote:
Thomas Jefferson wrote:
bty1972 wrote:
Everybody is already anticipating his fight with Hatton..Could be his last two fights before retiring and run for public office...:) He really wants it to I guess.

do you think he would be good at being a politician? I know the stories of him being really generous and helping out poor communities but do you think he'll have success running for office?

im just curious on how the filipino community feels about it


He lost running for a congress seat in 2006, by a large margin at that. But still he wants to run even for a local position. His lack of knowledge in administering probably gave him some problems while campaigning. And by losing he realizes that people are wise now in electing officials. I think he learned a lot from that experience (and lost a lot of money for sure). Some news that because he got a GED for High School a year ago, and he might finally study for college. I think Manny is really keen in helping the poor people from his province but still he lack something to be a politician. Another training perhaps(?) for his post boxing career. :)



Blagojevich might be free to train him for that fight...haha

that's interesting. i know he ran for something but i didnt know the other details. Pacquiao is very inspiring for everyone, not just filipinos. its good that the philippines is being logical in finding the answer to their political woes.

_________________
This ain't no party, this ain't no disco
this ain't no fooling around...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Manny "The Pacman" Pacquiao (Boxing)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Former PJ Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:16 pm
Posts: 19724
Location: Montreal, QC
Gender: Male
saw the first episode of 24/7 yesterday.

it PUMPED ME UP for the fight. it's gonna be awesome.

_________________
chud wrote:
Posting! Glorious Posting!

durdencommatyler wrote:
iPones, man. Fuck.


Proud member of: Team Binaural and Team Argo


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Manny "The Pacman" Pacquiao (Boxing)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 2:33 pm
Posts: 1546
Location: Monticello
just watched it too.
this is gonna be one hell of a fight.

_________________
This ain't no party, this ain't no disco
this ain't no fooling around...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Manny "The Pacman" Pacquiao (Boxing)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:54 am 
Offline
User avatar
Former PJ Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:16 pm
Posts: 19724
Location: Montreal, QC
Gender: Male

_________________
chud wrote:
Posting! Glorious Posting!

durdencommatyler wrote:
iPones, man. Fuck.


Proud member of: Team Binaural and Team Argo


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Manny "The Pacman" Pacquiao (Boxing)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:25 am 
Offline
User avatar
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 2:33 pm
Posts: 1546
Location: Monticello
Image

_________________
This ain't no party, this ain't no disco
this ain't no fooling around...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Manny "The Pacman" Pacquiao (Boxing)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Former PJ Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:16 pm
Posts: 19724
Location: Montreal, QC
Gender: Male
manny should take this one by unanimous decision.

_________________
chud wrote:
Posting! Glorious Posting!

durdencommatyler wrote:
iPones, man. Fuck.


Proud member of: Team Binaural and Team Argo


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Manny "The Pacman" Pacquiao (Boxing)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 2:33 pm
Posts: 1546
Location: Monticello
ok...this is getting close so here is my prediction.

Pacquaio by KO in the 9th round.

_________________
This ain't no party, this ain't no disco
this ain't no fooling around...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Manny "The Pacman" Pacquiao (Boxing)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:00 pm 
Offline
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:28 pm
Posts: 2573
Location: CT
I'm going to predict a 4th round KO by Manny. I don't see this thing ending in anything other than a KO no matter who wins. I just don't see Manny losing in front of his mother.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Manny "The Pacman" Pacquiao (Boxing)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 2:33 pm
Posts: 1546
Location: Monticello
shinkdew wrote:
I'm going to predict a 4th round KO by Manny. I don't see this thing ending in anything other than a KO no matter who wins. I just don't see Manny losing in front of his mother.


4TH ROUND, HUH? nice prediction but your giving manny only 12 minutes to beat hatton...thats bold.

his mother or his whole nation? I think last time I went to Vegas, every other cab driver and hotel employee was Filipino. They should probably consider Vegas a non-neutral site just because of the huge Filipino population there. Then again...Filipinos are everywhere these days...even in the UK.

_________________
This ain't no party, this ain't no disco
this ain't no fooling around...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Manny "The Pacman" Pacquiao (Boxing)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Former PJ Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:16 pm
Posts: 19724
Location: Montreal, QC
Gender: Male
wow... i think it would be a lot more likely for manny to go down in four than hatton. i don't think manny has that kind of power at 140, it's mostly the speed and accumulation of punishment that usually does the trick for him. plus, hatton is not going to be a punching bag like de la hoya, especially since he's been working with mayweather sr... and the guy's got some speed too.

i've often been wrong before regarding boxing though. that's what keeps it fun, you never know what can happen in the ring.

_________________
chud wrote:
Posting! Glorious Posting!

durdencommatyler wrote:
iPones, man. Fuck.


Proud member of: Team Binaural and Team Argo


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Manny "The Pacman" Pacquiao (Boxing)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 2:33 pm
Posts: 1546
Location: Monticello
i just want pacquiao to win because hatton is so unlikeable.
he seems like such a wanker.

_________________
This ain't no party, this ain't no disco
this ain't no fooling around...


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 864 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 44  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:43 pm