Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 684 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 35  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:58 am 
Administrator

Athletic Supporter wrote:
Surely you can't defend his random use of Kevin Jones, and his completely terrible QB management this season.

I never said Mooch did a good job coaching by any means. I just said that he's far from the only problem in Detroit right now, and perhaps not the biggest problem.

And I'm confident some team will take a chance on him in some regard if he is fired.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:02 am 
Unthought Known

Green Habit wrote:
Surely you can't defend his random use of Kevin Jones, and his completely terrible QB management this season.

I never said Mooch did a good job coaching by any means. I just said that he's far from the only problem in Detroit right now, and perhaps not the biggest problem.

And I'm confident some team will take a chance on him in some regard if he is fired.

I don't think he's the biggest problem, either. My main reason for this is I've seen a number of coaches go through the Lions' system and not succeed. I've seen one shitty ownership in charge the whole time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:51 am 
Devil's Advocate

Go_State wrote:
I've seen one shitty ownership in charge the whole time.

Amen brother, amen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:06 pm 
Supersonic

Fox News out of Detroit is reporting that Mr. Marriucci has been fired. This had to be done. There was no way he was going to return next year, so why wait?

Now all we need is for the Ford family to sell the team.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:24 pm 
Unthought Known

wow, so another new coach, and another new system for a struggling team. Great recipe for success.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:29 pm 
Supersonic

FOXSports.com Posted: 4 minutes ago

"Motown is moving on ... finally. Sources have told FOXSports.com that after much speculation and deliberation, the Lions have fired head coach Steve Mariucci. The same sources said they believe defensive coordinator Dick Jauron would be the team's interim head coach, but that has not yet been confirmed. It was widely reported on Friday that Mariucci's days in Detroit were numbered, but he managed to last the weekend. The last straw for Lions management apparently was Detroit's embarrassing 27-7 loss to Atlanta on Thanksgiving Day. Playing before a national television audience, the Falcons took a 27-0 lead into the fourth quarter and were able to sit starting quarterback Michael Vick. This was supposed to be the season Mariucci got the Lions back on track. Quarterback Joey Harrington was entering his fourth season in the league and the team was loaded with talent at the skill positions. But after sharing the NFC North lead at 3-3, the Lions have dropped four of their last five games to fall out of the postseason hunt for the sixth straight season. In his two-plus years in Detroit, Mariucci had a 15-28 record, a far cry from the 60-43 mark he had during six seasons in San Francisco. Mariucci has two more seasons left on a five-year, $25-million contract signed when he was hired in 2003."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:31 pm 
Mike's Maniac

Matt Millen & Mike Milbury must have some sort of voodoo curse over the owners of there respective teams. I cannot see any explaination for there continued employment with there respective teams.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:33 pm 
Unthought Known

lowlight79 as Santa Claus wrote:
Matt Millen & Mike Milbury must have some sort of voodoo curse over the owners of there respective teams. I cannot see any explaination for there continued employment with there respective teams.

they got it from Glen Sather.

-Ernie Accorsi in his final address to the NY Giants locker room before retiring as GM in January of 2007

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:39 pm 
Mike's Maniac

Ricardo Tubbs wrote:
lowlight79 as Santa Claus wrote:

they got it from Glen Sather.

*Glen Savior*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:48 pm 
Administrator

NFL.com also says that some assistant coaches have been fired.

Quote:
The same sources said they believe defensive coordinator Dick Jauron would be the team's interim head coach, but that has not yet been confirmed.

Haha, a Bears head coach reject at the helm? Poor Lions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:56 pm 
Supersonic

Green Habit wrote:

:cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:11 pm 
Devil's Advocate

Green Habit wrote:
NFL.com also says that some assistant coaches have been fired.

Quote:
The same sources said they believe defensive coordinator Dick Jauron would be the team's interim head coach, but that has not yet been confirmed.

Watch Millen give him a long term deal. Just WATCH.
Then, they'll draft a running back in the first round. OH the hilarity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:35 pm 
Unthought Known

How in the HELL does Matt Millen keep his Job and Mooch gets fired?

Matt Millen is garbage. It ain't the coach. It's something from the owner and the front office. That team is almost as garbage as the Aint's and the Hexans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:39 pm 
Devil's Advocate

Electromatic wrote:

Matt Millen is garbage. It ain't the coach. It's something from the owner and the front office. That team is almost as garbage as the Aint's and the Hexans.

It's more garbage because they have more talent, but play at the same level as those teams. I bet they get worse next year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:52 pm 
Unthought Known

Electromatic wrote:

It's more garbage because they have more talent, but play at the same level as those teams. I bet they get worse next year.

Well the ain'ts are in the same school really, bad bad bad, front office, tons of talent, and a coach that's done less with more than any other in the league. There's absolutely no reason for Detroit to be so continuously bad except for the culture. That's how the Falcons have changed stuff up. Rankin Smith's family finally sold the team to Arthur Blank, willing to spend money and cut prices to get people there, improve team facilities, give them what they need to succede, and then bring in good people. They've had a ton of injuries this year in part the reason the defense is crap but they have a winning attitude and I'm not sure that's present in Detroit or in the Saints org. They need a makeover from the top of the organization, from the owner, to the GM, and then rededicate themselves to the city and to winning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:27 pm 
Devil's Advocate

Electromatic wrote:

Well the ain'ts are in the same school really, bad bad bad, front office, tons of talent, and a coach that's done less with more than any other in the league. There's absolutely no reason for Detroit to be so continuously bad except for the culture. That's how the Falcons have changed stuff up. Rankin Smith's family finally sold the team to Arthur Blank, willing to spend money and cut prices to get people there, improve team facilities, give them what they need to succede, and then bring in good people. They've had a ton of injuries this year in part the reason the defense is crap but they have a winning attitude and I'm not sure that's present in Detroit or in the Saints org. They need a makeover from the top of the organization, from the owner, to the GM, and then rededicate themselves to the city and to winning.

The Fords will never sell the Lions. Ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:49 pm 
Unthought Known

Electromatic wrote:

The Fords will never sell the Lions. Ever.

Better shake up the GM then and get a new team attitude, yeah, they've got players, they need a galvanizing superstar that makes them feel they have a chance in any game, someone like Michael Vick or Tomlinson, or........................Barry Sanders :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:03 am 
Got Some

Electromatic wrote:
Well the ain'ts are in the same school really, bad bad bad, front office, tons of talent, and a coach that's done less with more than any other in the league.

Last night Theisman said Haslett should be coach of the year. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:06 am 
Supersonic

pjam81373 wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
Well the ain'ts are in the same school really, bad bad bad, front office, tons of talent, and a coach that's done less with more than any other in the league.

Last night Theisman said Haslett should be coach of the year. :shock:

theisman is an idiot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:30 am 
Unthought Known

There's a college team just across the way on I-96 that could use Mooch. Plus, him and Izzo could finally be reunited.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 684 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 35  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports