Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 684 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 35  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:22 pm 
Administrator

Ensign9 wrote:
Also on the hot seat: Eric Moulds. What happened to you?

That's a good question. Hopefully Lee Evans can step up as a legitimate #2 (at least)--it seems that Moulds did a lot better with Peerless Price taking pressure off.

I feel bad for the Bills--I wish they made it. I was rooting for them and for the Jets to lose, anyway.

(so the Broncos could get the #5 seed.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:32 pm 
Administrator

Green Habit wrote:
Also, I still predict that these four guys will be in danger of making this thread officially at the end of the season:

Dave Wannstedt
Butch Davis
Jim Haslett
Marty Schottenheimer

Well, I might be wrong about Haslett. Fighting to the bitter end to get an 8-8 record may very well save his ass.

Schottenheimer got lucky that Brees, et al. all blossomed at the same time.

2 for 4 at the worst, though--not too bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:22 am 
Force of Nature

Ensign9 wrote:
Also fired: the idiot who let Steelers fans buy about 45% of the tickets for the game.

Wouldn't that be the Bills fans themselves?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:45 am 
Force of Nature

Tom Donohoe: Knock Knock
Rian Lindell: Who's there?
Tom Donohoe: Get the hell outta my office!

Every year this team reaches a new low. Losing to fourth string running backs and a third string qb in a must win game???? Are you F'ing KIDDING ME????

God, I hate sports.

So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:22 pm 
Devil's Advocate

Dennis Erickson has been fired as coach of the San Francisco 49ers and general manager Terry Donahue has reached a settlement to step down, FOXSports.com's Jay Glazer has learned.

The 49ers finished with a league-worst 2-14 record in 2004.

The moves are expected to be announced at a press conference later this afternoon. In fact, members of Erickson's staff, perhaps looking for work now, have already informed friends around the league that their coach has been let go.

FOX NFL Sunday first reported four weeks ago that such a move with Erickson would occur during or shortly after the season.

Tuesday, Dr. John York told FOXSports.com that he was still meeting with both Erickson and Donahue and would continue to meet with them through Wednesday. Those meetings have apparently led to the end of Erickson's and Donahue's regimes in San Francisco.

York also met with the pair on Monday and on Sunday he acknowledged that this season was unacceptable and something had to change.

Erickson went 9-23 in two seasons as Steve Mariucci's successor. He won two national championships at the University of Miami during a successful college coaching career, but is 40-56 in six seasons as an NFL head coach in San Francisco and Seattle.

Erickson has three years and $7.5 million remaining on the contract he signed in 2003, while Donahue received a four-year contract extension last September worth an estimated $5 million. The hefty financial packages were thought to be the biggest obstacle to York's desire to clean house.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:27 pm 
Supersonic
 YIM  Profile

Athletic Supporter wrote:
Dennis Erickson has been fired as coach of the San Francisco 49ers and general manager Terry Donahue has reached a settlement to step down, FOXSports.com's Jay Glazer has learned.

The 49ers finished with a league-worst 2-14 record in 2004.

The moves are expected to be announced at a press conference later this afternoon. In fact, members of Erickson's staff, perhaps looking for work now, have already informed friends around the league that their coach has been let go.

FOX NFL Sunday first reported four weeks ago that such a move with Erickson would occur during or shortly after the season.

Tuesday, Dr. John York told FOXSports.com that he was still meeting with both Erickson and Donahue and would continue to meet with them through Wednesday. Those meetings have apparently led to the end of Erickson's and Donahue's regimes in San Francisco.

York also met with the pair on Monday and on Sunday he acknowledged that this season was unacceptable and something had to change.

Erickson went 9-23 in two seasons as Steve Mariucci's successor. He won two national championships at the University of Miami during a successful college coaching career, but is 40-56 in six seasons as an NFL head coach in San Francisco and Seattle.

Erickson has three years and $7.5 million remaining on the contract he signed in 2003, while Donahue received a four-year contract extension last September worth an estimated $5 million. The hefty financial packages were thought to be the biggest obstacle to York's desire to clean house.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.
what has happen to the niners? blaming dennis erikson for a team that was gutted during the summer is ridiculous

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:34 pm 
Devil's Advocate

lunkin wrote:
what has happen to the niners? blaming dennis erikson for a team that was gutted during the summer is ridiculous
He should go back to college, he does amazing work there. Penn State may have a vacancy in a year or so. Syracuse has one now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:51 am 
Administrator

Erickson never really has gotten a fair shake in the NFL. Oh well, he's probably lucky the Niners fired him--he can have better success elsewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:54 am 
King David The Wicked

Green Habit wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
Also, I still predict that these four guys will be in danger of making this thread officially at the end of the season:

Dave Wannstedt
Butch Davis
Jim Haslett
Marty Schottenheimer

Well, I might be wrong about Haslett. Fighting to the bitter end to get an 8-8 record may very well save his ass.

technically zero of four, as the two who aren't coaching in the NFL now didn't make it to the end of the season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:00 am 
Administrator

davo15 wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
Green Habit wrote:

Dave Wannstedt
Butch Davis
Jim Haslett
Marty Schottenheimer

technically zero of four, as the two who aren't coaching in the NFL now didn't make it to the end of the season.

Oh yeah, I forgot why I searched for this thread in the first place, I have a goat to go after.

Kelly Herndon....YOU'RE FIRED!!!!

I prematurely ranted on you last year, but there is no mistake this time. You should be a good nickelback, but unfortunately the Broncos already have 3 or 4 nickelbacks. When teams like the Steelers and Colts are pulling WRs out of nowhere, you got to step up.

Argh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:12 am 
Supersonic
 WWW  Profile

Bye, Doug.

Post subject:
Administrator

Ensign9 wrote:
Bye, Doug.

If it was the Chargers vs. the Steelers, it would have been "Bye, Eric."

Post subject:
Stone's Bitch

Say good bye to the season and the kicker cause its all over for both.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:14 am 
Supersonic
 WWW  Profile

Maybe Doug should get his own **You've just been murdered in an alley by angry Jet fans** thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:21 am 
Jim's Pal

Ensign9 wrote:
Maybe Doug should get his own **You've just been murdered in an alley by angry Jet fans** thread.

hes got a month to live, tops...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:46 am 
Landry

Why does Vinny Testaverde still have a job is the real question

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:48 am 
Got Some

parchy wrote:

can he kick field goals? Jets might be interested...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:51 am 
Landry

little_secrets wrote:
parchy wrote:

can he kick field goals? Jets might be interested...

As long as he leaves Dallas they can have him to pick Herm Edwards' butt for all I care

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:30 pm 
Force of Nature

Someone should fire the gloves some of these qb's, like Roethlisberger, Brady, and Pennington are wearing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:14 am 
Force of Nature

whoever the offensive coordinator is for the Colts...definately needs the boot...

also...the harrison resigning will come back to haunt the Colts...he's never shown up in a big game and his salary is hindering the front office from getting some defensive help...

also...ALL TIMID playoff teams should be fired.

Chargers, Jets, Colts..the teams that played not to lose did exactly that....sack up people. these teams went out with their tails between their legs. Sickening. At least Favre and the Pack went out trying.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 684 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 35  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports