Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 684 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 35  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:05 am 
Supersonic

Go_State wrote:
There's a college team just across the way on I-96 that could use Mooch. Plus, him and Izzo could finally be reunited.

Just think, the Spartans and Lions have the same number of wins since October 29th. There's definitely a common thread there. Good luck with that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:12 am 
Unthought Known

Chris_H_2 wrote:
Go_State wrote:
There's a college team just across the way on I-96 that could use Mooch. Plus, him and Izzo could finally be reunited.

Just think, the Spartans and Lions have the same number of wins since October 29th. There's definitely a common thread there. Good luck with that.

If Pete Carroll can be coach of the year, I have no doubt Mooch can succeed in college. I just don't see him having to drop that low. I'll be surprised if a pro team doesn't scoop him up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:25 am 
Supersonic

Go_State wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
Go_State wrote:

If Pete Carroll can be coach of the year, I have no doubt Mooch can succeed in college. I just don't see him having to drop that low. I'll be surprised if a pro team doesn't scoop him up.

For every Pete Carroll, there are at least 10 Dave Wannstedts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:55 am 
Unthought Known

Chris_H_2 wrote:
Go_State wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
Go_State wrote:

Perhaps. Either way, I think a vast number of schools would be more than happy to throw money at Mooch to coach their team and I'm sure just as many fans of those schools would be happy with that choice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:28 am 
Unthought Known

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AjVAic9jsHCSMqXWqikWmrRDubYF?slug=dw-millen112805&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

This is a good article. Points out the inadequacy of Millen and the Fords for not recognizing it. Not to mention it shows just how horrible it is to be a Lions fan.
Quote:
The Lions are a league-worst 20-55 since his hiring in 2001

Even I didn't realize it had gotten that bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:59 am 
Supersonic

the lions have the worst ownership in the nfl.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:11 am 
a joke

Mitchell wrote:
the lions have the worst ownership in the nfl.

No. They dont. They have the most incompetant ownership in the NFL.

They are fair, even handed and loyal to a fault. They arent cheap, they built a fantastic fan experience football stadium, in the middle of a downtown that can use every attraction they can get. They dont bitch about every little NFL issue that comes across.

The Fords are great owners... just not very football saavy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:13 am 
Supersonic

fair enough. that's pretty much what i meant when i said worst.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:15 am 
a joke

Mitchell wrote:

I know, but its an unfair term... Honestly, i think some owners of winning franchises are worse-- Eagles for one.. not even trying to use the whole cap.

The Fords really want to win, and they try everything.. but like a fat kid running a mile, they just cant get it done, no matter how hard they try.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:16 am 
Supersonic

edzeppe wrote:
Mitchell wrote:

I know, but its an unfair term... Honestly, i think some owners of winning franchises are worse-- Eagles for one.. not even trying to use the whole cap.

The Fords really want to win, and they try everything.. but like a fat kid running a mile, they just cant get it done, no matter how hard they try.

What do you think the problem(s) is? The attitude of the players, coaches, decisions made by Millen?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:16 am 
a joke

oh yeah... i love the revisionist history from all these writers about Millen..

they have been all over his sack after every draft the past 4 years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:25 am 
a joke

Mitchell wrote:
edzeppe wrote:
Mitchell wrote:

What do you think the problem(s) is? The attitude of the players, coaches, decisions made by Millen?

Loyal to a fault ... and honest to goodness bad luck in a lot of cases. Coming out of college, Harrington, C. Rogers, M. Williams, Raiola were all players that were ranked in the top 2 at their position. All were dominant play makers (well, in raiolas case, as much as a center can be) from well respected colleges (i know MSU blows, but they have put out a fair number of good recievers-- muhammed, mason, buress). None of them were reaches... and other picks like Bailey, Edwards, Lehman, Alex Lewis, have seemed like winners thus far...

But they can never stay healthy. There was a play against Dallas where detroit had... 2 defensive starters in the game on third down- James Hall and Kenoy Kennedy. Injuries happen to every team, but the Lions have just had horrible luck with it... especially at the reciever positon.

However, in this case, i think that the team has the talent to succedd, and i think it was Moochs game plan that held them back... He has been setting joey up for failure for 2-3 years (he never endorsed him as a good qb).. and as a result, recievers got pissed and stopped playing too- wide outs dont like 4 yard crossing patterns. I also think Moochs insistance on calling his own plays was a terrible thing. At the end of last year, he let the QB coach call plays... and what happened? 2 300 yard passing games. Mooch is running the 1983 version of the west coast.

and if i could tell you why they never get any better, i probably wouldnt be on a message board right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:10 am 
Unthought Known

edzeppe wrote:

Millen blows, I just don't see any proof otherwise.

Mariucci has been far from impressive, I agree. However, they had to know the type of coach they hired. They didn't give him the players he wanted. That's obviously going to cause problems. When they brought Garcia in as a back-up I knew this season was in trouble.

I don't disagree with your point that the Fords have done some good for the Lions by moving them back downtown. However, their ineptitude in football decisions is far more important.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:05 am 
Unthought Known

CARL TORBUSH

YOU ARE FUCKING FIRED

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:40 am 
Devil's Advocate

Go Blue wrote:
There's a college team just across the way on I-94 that could use Mooch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:16 pm 
a joke

Go_State wrote:
edzeppe wrote:

Millen blows, I just don't see any proof otherwise.

Mariucci has been far from impressive, I agree. However, they had to know the type of coach they hired. They didn't give him the players he wanted. That's obviously going to cause problems. When they brought Garcia in as a back-up I knew this season was in trouble.

I don't disagree with your point that the Fords have done some good for the Lions by moving them back downtown. However, their ineptitude in football decisions is far more important.

Oh, he may blow.. and as a Lions fan, i have no problem with you saying it. I do have a problem with all these media types going on and on about bad picks, etc, when they have spent the past 4 years all over his jock.,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:00 pm 
Supersonic

Athletic Supporter wrote:
Go Blue wrote:
There's a college team just across the way on I-94 that could use Mooch.

Great. From one ridiculously conservative coach to another.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:01 pm 
Got Some

Chris_H_2 wrote:
Go_State wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
Go_State wrote:

How did Mariucci do when he coached at Cal before taking the 49ers job?

If Earth could say,
In a voice floating up
Perhaps
From the floor
Of the Grand Canyon,
"It is done.
People did not like it here.''

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:09 pm 
Supersonic

energystar wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
Go_State wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
Go_State wrote:

He did just fine. But that's comparing apples and oranges. Cal is not MSU.

How did Joe Gibbs do the first time around with Washington?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:12 pm 
Got Some

Chris_H_2 wrote:
energystar wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
Go_State wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
Go_State wrote:

He did just fine. But that's comparing apples and oranges. Cal is not MSU.

How did Joe Gibbs do the first time around with Washington?

I wasn't intending anything with that comment, I was just curious how Mariucci did the last time he was a college coach. As long as he ends up anywhere but Green Bay, I don't really care where he goes.

If Earth could say,
In a voice floating up
Perhaps
From the floor
Of the Grand Canyon,
"It is done.
People did not like it here.''

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 684 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 35  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports