Post subject: Who Would You Start
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:51 pm 
Got Some

New York Giants - Kurt Warner or Eli Manning

Arizona Cardinals - Shaun King or Josh McCown

Washington Redskins - Patrick Ramsey or Mark Brunell

Dallas Cowboys - Drew Henson or Vinny Testaverde

Detroit Lions - Joey Harrington or Mike McMahon

If you were the head coach who would you pick to start the next game for each of these teams? I'd go with:

Manning, King, Brunell, Henson, and Harrington.

"Just say 'here' and we'll assume 'here' is short for 'Here I am, rock you like a hurricane!'"

Post subject: Re: Who Would You Start
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:58 pm 
High Roller
 WWW  Profile

Just Justin wrote:

If you were the head coach who would you pick to start the next game for each of these teams? I'd go with:

I'd start manning. Even if the Giants made the playoffs they aren't gonna win a game. Might as well start Eli.

McCown - Have you seen King play the last 2 weeks. Dennis Green really fucked that one up. His team wins tweo games in a row and he benches his QB? That's just stupid.

Ramsey - Brunell is done, sticka fork in him

Testaverde - I'd start Vinny. Henson hasn't played in so long that he's gonna be a mess out there. Vinny wasn't playing that bad.

Harrington - His stats aren't bad at all. It isn't his fault that the running game sucks and that his receivers are getting hurt.

Jeff George - you gotta start Jeff!

RM Led Zeppelin Tourney Champ

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:03 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Just Justin wrote:

Giants - Eli's coming
Arizona - neither is starting this week, :roll:
Redskins - Ramsey
Cowboys - Henson
Lions - Mike McMahon has a great arm and seems to understand the offense better.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:11 pm 
Global Moderator

Just Justin wrote:

i would go with
Eli
McCown, king sucks, i was so happy when he left the bucks
ramsey, i love brunell but hes done, how many games did he not even throw for 100 yards?
henson, he has to learn, and if hes the possible future they need to find out now
harrington, hes good, hes just young on a young team, give him and his team time to come together

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:14 pm 
Administrator

Manning, McCown, Ramsey, Henson, Harrington.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:41 pm 
Got Some
 WWW  Profile

All I know is that Shaun King can't hit the broad side of a bull's ass with the football.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:58 pm 
Banned from the Pit

Green Habit wrote:

what he said

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:18 pm 
Got Some

kusko_andy wrote:
All I know is that Shaun King can't hit the broad side of a bull's ass with the football.

I like Shaun King. :cry:

I think McMahon on the other hand is horrible. I couldn't believe they would think of starting him over Harrington who is super cool.

"Just say 'here' and we'll assume 'here' is short for 'Here I am, rock you like a hurricane!'"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:56 pm 
Unthought Known
 WWW  Profile

I think starting Eli Manning was a big mistake personally. The Giants play-off hopes are more or less gone now that Manning is starting. I dont care if it was against the Eagles 6-21 is pitiful. With manning in there the giants have no chance to win, at least with Warner there is a possibility.

For the others : McCown, Ramsey, Henson, and Harrington

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:59 pm 
Unthought Known

Clubber wrote:
Jeff George - you gotta start Jeff!

From ESPN's Power Rankings:
"Say what you want about Jeff George, but he could be playing left-handed and he'd be better than Jonathan Quinn."

Gave me a good laugh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:06 pm 
Administrator

This thread has got me thinking: Does anyone think that the quality of QBs has been low recently? In the mid 80s to late 90s, we had Montana, Elway, Marino, Young, Kelly, Aikman, Favre, to name a few. Only one of those guys is still playing today.

When I look at the current quarterbacks, the only two I could see even being able to enter that class at this point would be Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:31 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Green Habit wrote:
This thread has got me thinking: Does anyone think that the quality of QBs has been low recently? In the mid 80s to late 90s, we had Montana, Elway, Marino, Young, Kelly, Aikman, Favre, to name a few. Only one of those guys is still playing today.

When I look at the current quarterbacks, the only two I could see even being able to enter that class at this point would be Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.

You are crazy!!!

Look at McNabb's record. Vick is going to be the 1st QB to rush for over 1,000 yrds. Culpepper is only getting better. Did you see Culpepper's pass in the endzone to Moss right between two defenders?

Montana's arm isn't 1/2 of what the above QB's are.

Why do you consider Young better than any of the above QB's? What did Kelly ever do??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:41 pm 
Got Some

Too Big a Man Too Say wrote:
I think starting Eli Manning was a big mistake personally. The Giants play-off hopes are more or less gone now that Manning is starting. I dont care if it was against the Eagles 6-21 is pitiful. With manning in there the giants have no chance to win, at least with Warner there is a possibility.

I'm not sure why you think the Giants had a better chance to beat the best two teams in the NFC with Warner when he couldn't beat either the Lions or the Bears.

The Giants still have a good chance at the playoff's. They're still tied for the second wildcard spot .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:43 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

pjam81373 wrote:
Too Big a Man Too Say wrote:

I'm not sure why you think the Giants had a better chance to beat the best two teams in the NFC with Warner when he couldn't beat either the Lions or the Bears.

The Giants still have a good chance at the playoff's. They're still tied for the second wildcard spot .

Warner's thumb is still causing him problems with gripping the football. Its something that will never be 100% better. Sometimes his thumb is ok and sometime he can't grip the ball at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:43 pm 
Administrator

zutmon wrote:
Green Habit wrote:

You are crazy!!!

Look at McNabb's record. Vick is going to be the 1st QB to rush for over 1,000 yrds. Culpepper is only getting better. Did you see Culpepper's pass in the endzone to Moss right between two defenders?

Why do you consider Young better than any of the above QB's? What did Kelly ever do??

Forgot about Vick.

Verdict's still out on McNabb and Culpepper, IMO. Both have lacked a strong supporting cast to really compare, so it's tough to judge (though the day of reckoning could be coming for McNabb).

Brady's arm isn't the greatest, either. And arm strength the only factor (though it is a big one)

History could prove me wrong. Who knows at this point. Hell, with Ben Roethlisberger emerging, that list could be building right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:51 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Green Habit wrote:
zutmon wrote:
Green Habit wrote:

You are crazy!!!

Forgot about Vick.

Verdict's still out on McNabb and Culpepper, IMO. Both have lacked a strong supporting cast to really compare, so it's tough to judge (though the day of reckoning could be coming for McNabb).

Brady's arm isn't the greatest, either. And arm strength the only factor (though it is a big one)

History could prove me wrong. Who knows at this point. Hell, with Ben Roethlisberger emerging, that list could be building right now.

Roethlisberger???? He only completed 9 passes last week. He's not much of a passing QB in my opinion. Yeah he's winning but its not solely on his QBing ability unlike a McNabb did in his first 2 or 3 seasons with the Eagles.

Your right neither McNabb or Culpepper have had a strong offensive cast which is the reason they are superior QB's. Elway was great when he had no one around him but only won superbowls when he have great offenses. Right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:58 pm 
Administrator

zutmon wrote:
Roethlisberger???? He only completed 9 passes last week. He's not much of a passing QB in my opinion. Yeah he's winning but its not solely on his QBing ability unlike a McNabb did in his first 2 or 3 seasons with the Eagles.

That was exactly my point. 9 games can't tell the entire future.

zutmon wrote:
Your right neither McNabb or Culpepper have had a strong offensive cast which is the reason they are superior QB's. Elway was great when he had no one around him but only won superbowls when he have great offenses. Right?

McNabb and Culpepper are only part of the way there. They can play very well on their own, but will they be able to attain the ultimate success with the proper help? I bet plenty of people had the same question about Elway back in the day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:06 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Green Habit wrote:

Yeah.

Manning is gonna be the forseeable future so why not now?

McCown: forget about King

Ramsey: Brunnell has been inneffective.

Henson: Why not? The rest of the NFC is so bad they could still make the playoffs even if they start Henson.

Harrington: hasn't been that bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:29 am 
Force of Nature

Manning
McCown
Ramsey
V-V-V-Vinny!
McMahon, Go RU!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:44 am 
Force of Nature

zutmon wrote:
What did Kelly ever do??

:roll:

Won a lot more imprtant games than Mr. September...errr Marino ever did.

and if you're going to hold 4 super bowls against him, which is fair, then what the hell has McNabb ever done? At least Kelly sacked up in the Championship games that were played on his home field.

So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports