Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 647 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 33  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:19 am 
Administrator

Heh, this is one of the few places where Broncos and Chiefs fans can unite.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:07 am 
Stone's Bitch

Green Habit wrote:
Heh, this is one of the few places where Broncos and Chiefs fans can unite.

and Charger fans. :lol: Even the Charger fans around here believe in "anybody but the Raiders!"

Winner, 2008 US Pearl Jam fantasy league. :D

Everton FC: 3-1-5
Anaheim Webbed D's: 5-6-2
USC Football: 7-2
Denver Broncos: 3-5

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:08 pm 
Stone's Bitch

I'm listening to the Raider station in LA...and they're seriously talking about the playoffs...one guy even called in and described Brooks as a "good quarterback" :lol: :haha:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:30 am 
Supersonic

....and with the #1 pcik in the 2007 nfl draft, the oakland raiders select brady quinn, qb notre dame

dvds -> http://db.etree.org/lukinman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:53 am 
Unthought Known

whats wrong with al davis these days ...wow

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:10 am 
Landry

Walter looks terrible

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:59 am 
Administrator

What I found the most interesting was how awful the offensive line was. The Eagles' DEs were tossing Gallery and Walker around like rag dolls. They're also starting a rookie from Weber State, it looks like. Shouldn't the O-line be one of Art Shell's strengths?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:00 am 
Administrator

i got bugs wrote:
....and with the #1 pcik in the 2007 nfl draft, the oakland raiders select brady quinn, qb notre dame

I dunno...is Quinn's arm strong enough for the insane vertical game that Al Davis wants to run? :haha:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:08 pm 
Unthought Known

If you want to make fun of the team, make sure its not after the first PRE SEASON game. Plus they won

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:51 pm 
Administrator

I Hail Randy Moss wrote:
If you want to make fun of the team, make sure its not after the first PRE SEASON game. Plus they won

Yeah, the Raiders' third stringers beat the Eagles third stringers. Whoop-de-doo. The first stringers still looked awful for the Raiders.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:53 pm 
Unthought Known

Green Habit wrote:
What I found the most interesting was how awful the offensive line was. The Eagles' DEs were tossing Gallery and Walker around like rag dolls. They're also starting a rookie from Weber State, it looks like. Shouldn't the O-line be one of Art Shell's strengths?

The 25 minutes or so that I watched, I gathered the same.

Isn't Robert Gallery supposed to be a stud? Either he was awful, or the Eagles improved greatly on the ends.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:57 pm 
Unthought Known

Green Habit wrote:
I Hail Randy Moss wrote:

Yeah, the Raiders' third stringers beat the Eagles third stringers. Whoop-de-doo. The first stringers still looked awful for the Raiders.

Yes...its called Pre Season. Its the first game under a new head coach. I'm not expecting perfection in the first game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:01 pm 
Administrator

I Hail Randy Moss wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
I Hail Randy Moss wrote:

Yes...its called Pre Season. Its the first game under a new head coach. I'm not expecting perfection in the first game.

As you shouldn't, but they weren't even average out there. It is only one game, but so far I'd have some concerns if I were you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:53 am 
Administrator

One week has passed, and it's the same old Raiders porous O-line and the same old Raiders penalties.

Raiders suck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:54 am 
Stone's Bitch

Green Habit wrote:
One week has passed, and it's the same old Raiders porous O-line and the same old Raiders penalties.

Raiders suck.

amen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:56 am 
Administrator

I didn't want to sound biased in my predictions, and I ended up angering Rams and Titans fans in the process. But maybe i got bugs is right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:44 pm 
Got Some
 WWW  Profile

I can't believe how disgustingly fat and out of shape Warren Sapp still is. Whenever they showed him on the sidelines in his white jersey and sleeves I expected to see Bill Murray and Dan Akroyd show up and shoot him with their proton packs.
Art Shell has a lot of work to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:15 am 
Unthought Known

so i basically shit myself when i read tonights stats for the lion raider game. U can all kiss my russian, italian, and german ass

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:04 pm 
Administrator

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercuryn ... 382985.htm

Raiders sign Jeff George
JOSH DUBOW
Associated Press

ALAMEDA, Calif. - The Oakland Raiders signed Jeff George to a contract Monday, bringing back a player who hasn't thrown an NFL pass in five seasons.

George, the No. 1 overall pick by Indianapolis in 1990, joined the team in time for Monday's afternoon practice. He previously played for the Raiders in 1997-98, starting 23 games and throwing 33 touchdowns and 14 interceptions.

It is not immediately clear what his role will be on the Raiders, who already have Aaron Brooks, Andrew Walter and Marques Tuiasosopo on the roster.

George, who was a high school star at Warren Central in Indianapolis, played with the Colts from 1990-93. He was in Atlanta from 1994-96, then spent two seasons with Oakland and one with Minnesota before joining the Redskins in 2000, first as a backup. He was signed by Seattle as insurance midway through the 2002 season, but didn't play. Chicago signed him late in the 2004 season, but he never played for the Bears either.

George, known for his strong arm and clashes with coaches, has a 46-78 career record as a starter and has never lasted longer than four years with any one of them.

George hasn't played since 2001, when he was cut after two games with the Redskins. In his last two games with Washington, George had a quarterback rating of 34.6, completing 23 of 42 passes with three interceptions.

In his next-to-last game with Washington, he and coach Marty Schottenheimer had an animated sideline discussion after George committed four turnovers and was removed from the game.

George also had a sideline argument with coach June Jones when he was with the Atlanta Falcons in 1996, and the team suspended him and then cut him.

George played well his first season in Oakland, throwing for 3,917 yards and 29 touchdowns in 1997. He struggled with injuries the following season, starting only seven games, and was replaced the following season by Rich Gannon, who was a better fit in coach Jon Gruden's West Coast offense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:15 pm 
Stone's Bitch

Green Habit wrote:
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercuryn ... 382985.htm

Raiders sign Jeff George
JOSH DUBOW
Associated Press

ALAMEDA, Calif. - The Oakland Raiders signed Jeff George to a contract Monday, bringing back a player who hasn't thrown an NFL pass in five seasons.

George, the No. 1 overall pick by Indianapolis in 1990, joined the team in time for Monday's afternoon practice. He previously played for the Raiders in 1997-98, starting 23 games and throwing 33 touchdowns and 14 interceptions.

It is not immediately clear what his role will be on the Raiders, who already have Aaron Brooks, Andrew Walter and Marques Tuiasosopo on the roster.

George, who was a high school star at Warren Central in Indianapolis, played with the Colts from 1990-93. He was in Atlanta from 1994-96, then spent two seasons with Oakland and one with Minnesota before joining the Redskins in 2000, first as a backup. He was signed by Seattle as insurance midway through the 2002 season, but didn't play. Chicago signed him late in the 2004 season, but he never played for the Bears either.

George, known for his strong arm and clashes with coaches, has a 46-78 career record as a starter and has never lasted longer than four years with any one of them.

George hasn't played since 2001, when he was cut after two games with the Redskins. In his last two games with Washington, George had a quarterback rating of 34.6, completing 23 of 42 passes with three interceptions.

In his next-to-last game with Washington, he and coach Marty Schottenheimer had an animated sideline discussion after George committed four turnovers and was removed from the game.

George also had a sideline argument with coach June Jones when he was with the Atlanta Falcons in 1996, and the team suspended him and then cut him.

George played well his first season in Oakland, throwing for 3,917 yards and 29 touchdowns in 1997. He struggled with injuries the following season, starting only seven games, and was replaced the following season by Rich Gannon, who was a better fit in coach Jon Gruden's West Coast offense.

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 647 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 33  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports