Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 422 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: *** official Cleveland Browns Football Thread**
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:45 pm 
Got Some

i know i'm gonna get alot of slack for this - many jokes many many many jokes , but i don't care - i love my team - through thick and thin - shitty record or not i watch every game. i am not a forntrunner so when the browns make it to the plafoffs this year , just remember me .

i know i'm not alone on RM being a browns fan -- maybe 2 others .. .

the future is bright for us - picking up many key players this offseason - joe jurevicius, big willie mcginnest, ted washington, dave zastudil, .. to name a few. key players returning to the lineup- gary baxter, joe andruzzi, and my favorite - ruben droughns - guy is great

charlie frye-- here is a guy who has only started 5 games - i don't care what peole say . this guy has potential . he has a strong arm , and you know what , he can move, and he's big- i see big big - things coming form him this year .

poeple laugh when when i say we are going to the playoffs . we will win more than 8 games this year . pending health issues . we have alot of vets and alot of strong young players who want to win and who want to be there.

and why doesn't somebody open up a trash talking thread, cause i know i'm gonna hear alot of it ....

GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:50 pm 
Landry

You have got to be kidding me...

Post subject: Re: *** official Cleveland Browns Football Thread**
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:52 pm 
Landry

holierthanthou wrote:
charlie frye-- here is a guy

Oh, and thanks for the All-Star analysis Paul McGuire :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:54 pm 
Got Some

parchy wrote:
holierthanthou wrote:
charlie frye-- here is a guy

Oh, and thanks for the All-Star analysis Paul McGuire :lol:

ahahahahaha - yeah now that i read that . shit . trust me i truly hate the sunday night football crew

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:58 pm 
Landry

Romeo has done good things with this shithole of a franchise, but there has got to be an NFL off-season thread somewhere for this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:17 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

No chance lance you even sniff the playoffs. I don't even feel like taking the time to tell you why. Shame on you for thinking so, and shame on you for being a Browns fan.

Go Stains.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:47 pm 
Johnny Guitar

I went to a browns game a few years ago. 1st game of the season in fact. Go Duane Rudd!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:52 pm 
Johnny Guitar

I take the Browns to the super bowl everyday........and then I flush the toilet. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:01 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

otisboy2 wrote:
I take the Browns to the super bowl everyday........and then I flush the toilet. :lol:

Ain't that the truth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:09 am 
Got Some

iwasthere wrote:
I went to a browns game a few years ago. 1st game of the season in fact. Go Duane Rudd!

kansas city - we still made the playoffs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:31 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Isn't Winslow due for some sort of stupid injury or time to run his mouth to the press? Has he even played a game in the NFL?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:37 am 
Got Some

TW wrote:
Isn't Winslow due for some sort of stupid injury or time to run his mouth to the press? Has he even played a game in the NFL?

yes he started two games in 04
he broke his leg on the onside kick against dallas. .....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:03 am 
Got Some
 WWW  Profile

I dig your passion, but man you sure like to throw the Browns into the limelight around here. You're going to make people hate Cleveland with the passion that they hate Boston around here. Actually, I guess I should thak you for that, it will cut my teams some slack.

good job.

Maclone's Musings (my nearly daily blog for the paper i write for)
http://capenews.net/blogs/maclones_musings/
Stop on by, everyone else is doing it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:45 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

I have high hopes for the team this year, especially if Edwards can come back healthy and the defensive line improves (I really won't miss Jason Fisk).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:48 am 
Force of Nature

holierthanthou wrote:
shitty record or not i watch every game.

you call this being a "real fan," the rest of America calls it being a bad consumer.

So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:03 am 
Supersonic

i think the shit browns will have a good season this year..not 11-5 good, but maybe like 8-8 or somethin

dvds -> http://db.etree.org/lukinman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:34 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

rich wrote:
I dig your passion, but man you sure like to throw the Browns into the limelight around here. You're going to make people hate Cleveland with the passion that they hate Boston around here. Actually, I guess I should thak you for that, it will cut my teams some slack.

good job.

Cleveland will never approach the level in which I hate Boston.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:22 pm 
Force of Nature

holierthanthou wrote:
i know i'm gonna get alot of slack for this - many jokes many many many jokes , but i don't care - i love my team - through thick and thin - shitty record or not i watch every game. i am not a forntrunner so when the browns make it to the plafoffs this year , just remember me .

the future is bright for us - picking up many key players this offseason - joe jurevicius, big willie mcginnest, ted washington, dave zastudil, .. to name a few. key players returning to the lineup- gary baxter, joe andruzzi, and my favorite - ruben droughns - guy is great

charlie frye-- here is a guy who has only started 5 games - i don't care what peole say . this guy has potential . he has a strong arm , and you know what , he can move, and he's big- i see big big - things coming form him this year .

poeple laugh when when i say we are going to the playoffs . we will win more than 8 games this year . pending health issues . we have alot of vets and alot of strong young players who want to win and who want to be there.

and why doesn't somebody open up a trash talking thread, cause i know i'm gonna hear alot of it ....

While i normally hate holierthanthou's posts of anti sabre sentiment, i really like this post. Just a dedicated fan to his team. It's so easy for yankee fans orpatriot fans to talk about how they love their team and not watch any of the gams because they just assume they win. It takes good fans to keep cheering their team on when the going is tough.

I fly home for all the bills games. i have season tickets. it's painful sometimes based on how horrible the team has been the last 6 years, but i stick by them. when they win it all, no one can ever accuse me of being fairweather.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:38 pm 
Got Some

Kevman wrote:
holierthanthou wrote:

While i normally hate holierthanthou's posts of anti sabre sentiment, i really like this post. Just a dedicated fan to his team. It's so easy for yankee fans orpatriot fans to talk about how they love their team and not watch any of the gams because they just assume they win. It takes good fans to keep cheering their team on when the going is tough.

I fly home for all the bills games. i have season tickets. it's painful sometimes based on how horrible the team has been the last 6 years, but i stick by them. when they win it all, no one can ever accuse me of being fairweather.

and while i usually hate any sabre fans (just cause i'm as diehard a leaf fan as i'm a bronwnie) shit i give you props for flying home to watch bills games - all of em- that right there is dedication - and as much as i hate the city of buffalo- i respect that

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:44 pm 
Got Some
 WWW  Profile

Kevman wrote:
holierthanthou wrote:

assuming of course that they ever do win in your lifetime. That's a big leap of faith there. :D

Maclone's Musings (my nearly daily blog for the paper i write for)
http://capenews.net/blogs/maclones_musings/
Stop on by, everyone else is doing it

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 422 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports