Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2863 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Denver Broncos Thread
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:45 am 
Got Some

Mickey wrote:
Man in Black wrote:
Who, in the back of their mind, doesn't want Peyton to go on IR and the Broncos to flail, just to witness the ensuing hilarity from Denver fans?

Back of my mind? That is front and center. Also hoping Sanchez throws 5 INTS the first week, Ryan calls Tebow a pussy, and the Saints actually kill a man.

The first is certainly a possibility.

but I wouldn't hold my breath

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:21 am 
Administrator

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: to signing Tracy Porter.

Spoiler: show
as long as he doesn't suspended from the bounty madness.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:55 pm 
Administrator

Green Habit wrote:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: to signing Tracy Porter.

Spoiler: show
as long as he doesn't suspended from the bounty madness.
I'm also loving signing CSU product Joel Dreessen at tight end.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:33 pm 
Unthought Known

Why the bitterness towards The 700 Club?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 35112.html

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:15 pm 
Unthought Known

bmacsmith wrote:
Why the bitterness towards The 700 Club?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 35112.html

oh Pat Robertson....

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:43 am 
Got Some

So...Caleb Hanie. A small part of me me still wants the Broncos to draft Kellen Moore with one of their 4th rounders. High football IQ.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:14 pm 
Administrator

MitchCumstein wrote:
So...Caleb Hanie. A small part of me me still wants the Broncos to draft Kellen Moore with one of their 4th rounders. High football IQ.
Hanie is a CSU product that I did not want. Didn't people in Denver see how horrible he played in person when the Bears came to town?

Kellen Moore may be the smartest QB I've ever seen play the college game. However, I think he just doesn't have the arm strength to start in the NFL. He can throw it deep, but it hangs in the air, and NFL-caliber DBs will be able get in position for an interception. He could be an awesome long time backup like Kubiak was for the Broncos in the 80s, but if the Broncos are going to draft a QB, they need to get one to groom as a starter of the future. The best option that I can see without breaking the bank might be SDSU's Ryan Lindley. BSU ate him up for lunch when I went to San Diego to see them play, but in other games I could see potential if he learns behind Manning for a few years.

I wouldn't be opposed if the Broncos grabbed Moore for the coaching aspect he'd bring (I think he's going to be a hell of a coach some day). However, I think the perfect fit for him would be the Packers. They need a backup QB after losing Flynn, and Rodgers certainly isn't going anywhere soon.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:17 pm 
AnalLog

Really like the two TEs you guys brought in. Dreesen is an underrated player and always seemed to be doing the little things for the Texans. Really interested to see what this offense will end up looking like.

Always do the right thing.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:31 pm 
Got Some

Green Habit wrote:
MitchCumstein wrote:
Hanie is a CSU product that I did not want. Didn't people in Denver see how horrible he played in person when the Bears came to town?

Kellen Moore may be the smartest QB I've ever seen play the college game. However, I think he just doesn't have the arm strength to start in the NFL. He can throw it deep, but it hangs in the air, and NFL-caliber DBs will be able get in position for an interception. He could be an awesome long time backup like Kubiak was for the Broncos in the 80s, but if the Broncos are going to draft a QB, they need to get one to groom as a starter of the future. The best option that I can see without breaking the bank might be SDSU's Ryan Lindley. BSU ate him up for lunch when I went to San Diego to see them play, but in other games I could see potential if he learns behind Manning for a few years.

I wouldn't be opposed if the Broncos grabbed Moore for the coaching aspect he'd bring (I think he's going to be a hell of a coach some day). However, I think the perfect fit for him would be the Packers. They need a backup QB after losing Flynn, and Rodgers certainly isn't going anywhere soon.

Yeah, I had been super impressed with the FA moves so far. But signing Hanie is a bit of a head scratcher. I'm sure they're not done at that position though.

You're right about Moore's arm strength. I remember watching him throw a few deep and thinking the same thing. It does hang up there for a while. He just has such an amazing pocket presence. He's super calm in the pocket as it's collapsing. The anti-Tebow, if you will. But my parents are huge BSU fans and my Dad said pretty much the same thing you did. He'll never cut it as a starter, but he'll spend a few years as a backup and make one hell of a coach someday.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:23 pm 
Administrator

:bammer: . The best games out of their schedule would be Patriots, Steelers, Ravens, and Texans. Maybe put an NFC South team on NFLN. It wouldn't be surprising if they play a division rival in the "game that East Coasters ignore" on Week 1, either.

Expect Broncos 2012 schedule to load up on primetime games

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/201 ... mes/12798/

Palm Beach, Fla. — Broncos president Joe Ellis has spoken to NFL schedule maker Howard Katz.

The early word on the Broncos’ schedule: “Our fans should get ready for more night games,” Ellis said. “Home and road.”

A team can have a maximum of six primetime games a season: four scheduled on ESPN’s Monday Night Football or NBC’s Sunday Night Football; one on the NFL Network’s Thursday Night Football and a sixth that can be flexed on NBC’s Sunday Night Football after week 10.

With Peyton Manning the toast of the league, look for the Broncos to have five primetime games on their 2012 schedule when its released. And then look for a “flexible” opponent in the final weeks. Which won’t be difficult given the Broncos’ ridiculously difficult schedule.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:42 pm 
Unthought Known

Green Habit wrote:
It wouldn't be surprising if they play a division rival in the "game that East Coasters ignore" on Week 1, either.

That'd be a good move because we wouldn't ignore it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:05 pm 
Got Some

Green Habit wrote:
:bammer: . The best games out of their schedule would be Patriots, Steelers, Ravens, and Texans. Maybe put an NFC South team on NFLN. It wouldn't be surprising if they play a division rival in the "game that East Coasters ignore" on Week 1, either.

Expect Broncos 2012 schedule to load up on primetime games

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/201 ... mes/12798/

Palm Beach, Fla. — Broncos president Joe Ellis has spoken to NFL schedule maker Howard Katz.

The early word on the Broncos’ schedule: “Our fans should get ready for more night games,” Ellis said. “Home and road.”

A team can have a maximum of six primetime games a season: four scheduled on ESPN’s Monday Night Football or NBC’s Sunday Night Football; one on the NFL Network’s Thursday Night Football and a sixth that can be flexed on NBC’s Sunday Night Football after week 10.

With Peyton Manning the toast of the league, look for the Broncos to have five primetime games on their 2012 schedule when its released. And then look for a “flexible” opponent in the final weeks. Which won’t be difficult given the Broncos’ ridiculously difficult schedule.

That schedule is brutal this year.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:11 pm 
Administrator

mray10 wrote:
I generally agree, but you never know how brutal it will be until the games are actually played. The Steelers and Texans lost some key players, Newton and/or Dalton could regress, and, of course, there will be injuries.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:47 am 
Got Some

Green Habit wrote:
mray10 wrote:
I generally agree, but you never know how brutal it will be until the games are actually played. The Steelers and Texans lost some key players, Newton and/or Dalton could regress, and, of course, there will be injuries.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:46 pm 
Got Some

Green Habit wrote:
mray10 wrote:

True. Plus, the AFC West!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:53 pm 
Stone's Bitch

mray10 wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
mray10 wrote:

Which means two automatic losses as the Chargers have ALWAYS been a thorn in Manning's side.

Winner, 2008 US Pearl Jam fantasy league. :D

Everton FC: 3-1-5
Anaheim Webbed D's: 5-6-2
USC Football: 7-2
Denver Broncos: 3-5

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:19 pm 
Administrator

pearljamfan80 wrote:
mray10 wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
mray10 wrote:

Which means two automatic losses as the Chargers have ALWAYS been a thorn in Manning's side.
Chargers are on a downswing. I'm more worried about the Chiefs.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:57 pm 
AnalLog

Yeah I'm thinking the Chargers and Raiders will be pretty bad this year.

Always do the right thing.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:33 am 
a joke

Guys, I miss Green Habit

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/81686 ... i-saturday

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:50 pm 
Administrator

Skitch Patterson wrote:
I may be back in this thread more when training camp starts, but Elvis and DJ aren't putting me in a good mood.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2863 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports