Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2863 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 144  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:04 am 
Unthought Known

pearljamfan80 wrote:
Yield05 wrote:
broncos = 9-7 at best this yr ...nick :P

dream on gramps! They're going at least 11-5 and you know it. :P

:shock: .. you def need to go back to bed SON.. you have to much candy pants on your mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:05 am 
Stone's Bitch

Yield05 wrote:
pearljamfan80 wrote:
Yield05 wrote:

:shock: .. you def need to go back to bed SON.. you have to much candy pants on your mind.

negative, I have visions of Ron Dayne's run against Dallas last year going through my mind though. :lol:

Winner, 2008 US Pearl Jam fantasy league. :D

Everton FC: 3-1-5
Anaheim Webbed D's: 5-6-2
USC Football: 7-2
Denver Broncos: 3-5

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:09 am 
Unthought Known

pearljamfan80 wrote:
Yield05 wrote:
pearljamfan80 wrote:
Yield05 wrote:

negative, I have visions of Ron Dayne's run against Dallas last year going through my mind though. :lol:

keep living in the past.. ive been thinking id like that dublin boot so far since they played boys are back in town :) ..but i'll make a choice after the pony's get roped up by the stars!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:16 am 
Administrator

Why are Broncos and Cowboys fans talking shit to each other? We should be allies again now that we're both rooting together for the second straight year against the Redskins.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:24 am 
Stone's Bitch

Green Habit wrote:
Why are Broncos and Cowboys fans talking shit to each other? We should be allies again now that we're both rooting together for the second straight year against the Redskins.

we have a little side-bet, whoever has the better record, the loser has to give/purchase a PJ boot for the winner. And I already hated Joe Gibbs for eliminating the FB from the offense. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:26 am 
Unthought Known

pearljamfan80 wrote:
Green Habit wrote:

we have a little side-bet, whoever has the better record, the loser has to give/purchase a PJ boot for the winner. And I already hated Joe Gibbs for eliminating the FB from the offense. :lol:

yea and i hate the skins also and the giants and the eagles.. just want dallas to win one more game then denver , thats all :)

Cutler is gonna be a stud IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:34 am 
Stone's Bitch

Yield05 wrote:
pearljamfan80 wrote:
Green Habit wrote:

yea and i hate the skins also and the giants and the eagles.. just want dallas to win one more game then denver , thats all :)

Cutler is a fine young QB. I watch a lot of college football and saw him against UF...wow...talk about one man carrying a team.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:35 am 
Administrator

Yield05 wrote:
pearljamfan80 wrote:
Green Habit wrote:

Oh, you crazy Stone's Bitches, I never have any idea what you're up to. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:40 am 
Unthought Known

Green Habit wrote:
Yield05 wrote:
pearljamfan80 wrote:
Green Habit wrote:

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:56 am 
Stone's Bitch

Green Habit wrote:
Yield05 wrote:
pearljamfan80 wrote:
Green Habit wrote:

we're not THAT bad. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:31 pm 
Administrator

http://www.thebrushback.com/decoy_full.htm

Ashley Lelie Pays $982,000 To Run Decoy Routes For Alge Crumpler

ATLANTA--Receiver Ashley Lelie was so displeased about playing second-fiddle to Rod Smith in Denver that he held out of training camp and demanded to be traded. After 23 days and $982,000 in fines, Lelie got his wish and was traded to the Atlanta Falcons, where his main job will be to act as a third receiver and run decoy routes for Alge Crumpler, Michael Vick’s favorite target.

Lelie says it was “worth every penny” to get out of Denver.

“I just wasn’t fitting in with the Broncos and I needed to go somewhere I was needed,” said Lelie, who had to repay $660,000 of his signing bonus in addition to the $14,000 per day for missing camp. “In Atlanta, they can always use an extra body to run decoy routes for Alge Crumpler. Just watching him make those catches from the opposite side of the field will be a thrill. What do you think of that, Coach Shanahan? Checkmate!”

It was a long, hard struggle for Lelie to break free from the Broncos. His training camp holdout became a battle of wills between himself and Mike Shanahan. The deadlock was finally broken when Atlanta emerged as a viable suitor for his services.

“I’m not going to lie to you. It was extremely stressful skipping camp like that,” Lelie said. “It weighs on you, because people start to think you’re selfish and greedy and you don't care about the team. While that may be true, you don’t want it to become public knowledge because then everyone starts criticizing you and that’s just not fair. You shouldn't criticize people just because they're being extremely selfish.”

In addition to running decoy routes for Crumpler, Lelie will be an emergency third option if Michael Jenkins and Roddy White, numbers one and two on the depth chart, are covered. He will also be asked to run towards the end zone on broken plays.

Quarterback Michael Vick said a decoy/emergency receiver is a crucial weapon in any quarterback’s arsenal.

“We are trying to get our wide receivers more involved this year, and having somebody like Ashley there is a good thing,” Vick told reporters today. “There are a lot of time when a play gets mangled from the get-go and I’m just looking to heave the ball deep. Lelie is the kind of guy who can outrun people. It’s sort of similar to his role with the Broncos, only he’ll probably end up with less catches here than he had there. So he paid $982,000 to um….get less catches and live in a city that is so humid you can’t leave the house without a change of clothes. At least he’s not in it for the money.”

Jenkins and White welcomed the addition of Lelie to the receiving corps and believe his presence will allow them to get open easier. Both took a back seat to Crumpler last season but are hoping to emerge as legitimate threats this year.

“The coaches tell us we’re going to be more involved in the offense this year,” said Jenkins, who had 36 catches for 508 yards last year. “They say that Mike is going to start looking to his receivers more. That’s what they say, anyway. What happens on the field is a different story. Something tells me that Mike is going to put the ball into the waiting arms of his boyfriend, Alge Crumpler, like he always does. I don’t know. If I was a disgruntled receiver looking for more touches, there are about a dozen teams I would prefer to be on than this one. Which reminds me - do the Broncos have an opening at receiver now?”

To get Lelie, the Falcons dealt running back TJ Duckett to the Redskins in a three-team deal that landed the Broncos a draft pick. Duckett, who played second fiddle to Warrick Dunn last year, was expendable for the Falcons, as was Lelie for the Broncos. Experts say that both teams got what they wanted from the deal.

“It’s a good deal on both sides,” said one NFC scout. “Denver gets rid of a pain in the ass and receives a draft pick and return, the Falcons get a speedster that could open things up for the rest of the receiving corps, and the ‘Skins get a guy who can back up Clinton Portis. All things considered, the biggest loser here is Lelie, who sacrificed a lot of money to get what he wanted. The other loser is his agent, who just ensured that nobody will ever sign with him again.”

Lelie’s agent, Peter Schaffer, defended his actions, saying it was Lelie’s dumb idea in the first place and that he was just going along for the ride.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:32 pm 
Administrator

On second thought, I don't know why I posted it in this thread. :? Oh well, I'll just wait for Electromatic to start a 2006 Falcons thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:44 pm 
Unthought Known

Lelie may have the dumbest agent in the league. He's paying to play this year.

Roddy is just as fast on the other side, but I tend to hope Lelie's experience will help. Maybe he will go deep and Jenk will come back to the ball.

Ultimately, I'd like to get Norwood out wide to run slants too.

Most people haven't seen this kid yet, he's kind of a poor mans reggie bush, but holy crap this kid is fast and explosive in space.

Sorry, I won't muddle the Broncos thread further.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:24 pm 
Camden Crew

again I am scared my Rams are going to get blown out by the Broncos on opening day :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:11 am 
Stone's Bitch

Looks like J Cut and Whick did a pretty good job against the Cardinals.

note: Bradlee Van Pelt=Whick, why? He can't throw worth a damn, but can run like hell(like Vick). However, he's white, therefore, Whick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:33 pm 
Administrator

pearljamfan80 wrote:
Looks like J Cut and Whick did a pretty good job against the Cardinals.

note: Bradlee Van Pelt=Whick, why? He can't throw worth a damn, but can run like hell(like Vick). However, he's white, therefore, Whick.

The backup secondary looked horrendous, though. Sadly, this includes Foxworth. :( I thought he'd have learned something from the Steelers game.

Stay healthy, Champ and D-Will!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:39 pm 
Administrator

Darius Watts was cut. That surprised me. The good news would mean that David Kircus and Brandon Marshall should hopefully contribute. Kircus has shown his worth and Marshall has good potential.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:40 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

pearljamfan80 wrote:
Looks like J Cut and Whick did a pretty good job against the Cardinals

I was very impressed by Cutler's performance, even if he did throw a pretty easily avoidable interception. But the Cards were actually up most of the game until the 4th, when Van Pelt led a couple touchdown drives for a come from behind victory. And since the Cards had Navarre in at QB (who's probbaly one of the worst QBs in the league), they had no chance of coming back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:46 pm 
AnalLog

warehouse wrote:
ron dayne will win the rushing title

ok ok, i was wrong about this. south jersey pride was taking over when i posted this

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:05 pm 
Mike's Maniac

warehouse wrote:
warehouse wrote:
ron dayne will win the rushing title

ok ok, i was wrong about this. south jersey pride was taking over when i posted this
:lol: He will catch on with another team, you never know.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2863 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 144  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports