Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 271 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Thread Where B Posts Anti-M-ch-g-n E-mail Forwards
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:32 am 
Offline
User avatar
too drunk to moderate properly
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:19 pm
Posts: 39068
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Gender: Male
Knock Knock

Who’s there?

Owen

Owen who?

Owen Seven.

_________________
"Though some may think there should be a separation between art/music and politics, it should be reinforced that art can be a form of nonviolent protest." - e.v.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Thread Where B Posts Anti-M-ch-g-n E-mail Forwards
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
a joke
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:08 am
Posts: 22978
Gender: Male
B wrote:
Knock Knock

Who’s there?

Owen

Owen who?

Owen Seven.



pFFT.
we're used to that joke around here

Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Thread Where B Posts Anti-M-ch-g-n E-mail Forwards
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
too drunk to moderate properly
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:19 pm
Posts: 39068
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Gender: Male
The longest streak in the rivalry is 9 games for TSUN (1901-1909). It would kick ass if we could hold on for 3 more years! Don't fire RichRod, guys!

_________________
"Though some may think there should be a separation between art/music and politics, it should be reinforced that art can be a form of nonviolent protest." - e.v.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Thread Where B Posts Anti-M-ch-g-n E-mail Forwards
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Administrator
 Profile

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:53 pm
Posts: 20537
Location: The City Of Trees
B wrote:
TSUN
I had to Google that one. Taking one from Woody's playbook, I see.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Thread Where B Posts Anti-M-ch-g-n E-mail Forwards
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
too drunk to moderate properly
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:19 pm
Posts: 39068
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Gender: Male
Green Habit wrote:
B wrote:
TSUN
I had to Google that one. Taking one from Woody's playbook, I see.


I can never find this thread b/c I can't remember if I used * or - or X to replace the vowels in the title.

_________________
"Though some may think there should be a separation between art/music and politics, it should be reinforced that art can be a form of nonviolent protest." - e.v.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Thread Where B Posts Anti-M-ch-g-n E-mail Forwards
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:48 am 
Offline
User avatar
a joke
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:08 am
Posts: 22978
Gender: Male
B wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
B wrote:
TSUN
I had to Google that one. Taking one from Woody's playbook, I see.


I can never find this thread b/c I can't remember if I used * or - or X to replace the vowels in the title.

Well, don't worry now, Cause you can just search for "owen".
I dont imagine you've used that term often on the board.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Thread Where B Posts Anti-M-ch-g-n E-mail Forwards
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:28 am
Posts: 28541
Location: PORTLAND, ME
so Harbaugh said thanks but no thanks, and they fire their head coach anyway?

what am i missing?

_________________
Winner, 2011 RM 'Stache Tournament


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Thread Where B Posts Anti-M-ch-g-n E-mail Forwards
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:57 pm 
Offline
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:43 pm
Posts: 2398
EllisEamos wrote:
so Harbaugh said thanks but no thanks, and they fire their head coach anyway?

what am i missing?


That they'd rather have you as their coach than RichRod.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Thread Where B Posts Anti-M-ch-g-n E-mail Forwards
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:28 am
Posts: 28541
Location: PORTLAND, ME
pjam81373 wrote:
EllisEamos wrote:
so Harbaugh said thanks but no thanks, and they fire their head coach anyway?

what am i missing?


That they'd rather have you as their coach than RichRod.

i just don't see the appeal of michigan anymore... who would want to go there?

_________________
Winner, 2011 RM 'Stache Tournament


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Thread Where B Posts Anti-M-ch-g-n E-mail Forwards
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:52 pm
Posts: 10620
Location: Chicago, IL
Gender: Male
EllisEamos wrote:
i just don't see the appeal of michigan anymore... who would want to go there?


While it's not what it used to be to be sure, Michigan still has a leg up on a lot of schools. After all, it still is a major D-I school in a BCS conference where you can play in front of 110,000 people every week and where every game is televised either nationally or on the conference's own network. And if they give a crap about academics, players are still getting a pretty stellar education.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Thread Where B Posts Anti-M-ch-g-n E-mail Forwards
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:52 pm
Posts: 10620
Location: Chicago, IL
Gender: Male
Chris_H_2 wrote:
EllisEamos wrote:
i just don't see the appeal of michigan anymore... who would want to go there?


While it's not what it used to be to be sure, Michigan still has a leg up on a lot of schools. After all, it still is a major D-I school in a BCS conference where you can play in front of 110,000 people every home week and where every game is televised either nationally or on the conference's own network. And if they give a crap about academics, players are still getting a pretty stellar education.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Thread Where B Posts Anti-M-ch-g-n E-mail Forwards
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:28 am
Posts: 28541
Location: PORTLAND, ME
Chris_H_2 wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
EllisEamos wrote:
i just don't see the appeal of michigan anymore... who would want to go there?


While it's not what it used to be to be sure, Michigan still has a leg up on a lot of schools. After all, it still is a major D-I school in a BCS conference where you can play in front of 110,000 people every home week and where every game is televised either nationally or on the conference's own network. And if they give a crap about academics, players are still getting a pretty stellar education.

i was more thinking of it from a coach's perspective, why would i go to a place that seems really mismanaged recently, and what kind of recruits has richrod brought in and now you've got to take over?

it seems like a huge step back for them and a huge mess for whomever steps in as HC.

_________________
Winner, 2011 RM 'Stache Tournament


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Thread Where B Posts Anti-M-ch-g-n E-mail Forwards
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:52 pm
Posts: 10620
Location: Chicago, IL
Gender: Male
EllisEamos wrote:
i was more thinking of it from a coach's perspective, why would i go to a place that seems really mismanaged recently, and what kind of recruits has richrod brought in and now you've got to take over?

it seems like a huge step back for them and a huge mess for whomever steps in as HC.


I would agree with that. Unless you're someone like Hoke from SDSU who was on Michigan's staff and whose dream job is still coaching Michigan.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Thread Where B Posts Anti-M-ch-g-n E-mail Forwards
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:28 am
Posts: 28541
Location: PORTLAND, ME
Chris_H_2 wrote:
I would agree with that. Unless you're someone like Hoke from SDSU who was on Michigan's staff and whose dream job is still coaching Michigan.

okay, but would he be a step up from richrod?

i felt this way about Notre Dame prior to them hiring Charlie Weis and then after they fired him.

Is whoever you're bringing in here better (more attractive to high schoolers) than what you've already got?

_________________
Winner, 2011 RM 'Stache Tournament


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Thread Where B Posts Anti-M-ch-g-n E-mail Forwards
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:52 pm
Posts: 10620
Location: Chicago, IL
Gender: Male
EllisEamos wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
I would agree with that. Unless you're someone like Hoke from SDSU who was on Michigan's staff and whose dream job is still coaching Michigan.

okay, but would he be a step up from richrod?

i felt this way about Notre Dame prior to them hiring Charlie Weis and then after they fired him.

Is whoever you're bringing in here better (more attractive to high schoolers) than what you've already got?


I think Michigan will certainly hire someone hoping they'll be a step up (can you really do worse?). But regardless of who's on the sidelines next year, the fact is that they won't be Richrod. The boosters and big donors had about enough of Richrod, and there was really no choice but to fire him.

The problem, of course, is that Richrod's offense will set the program back offensively for about 3 years minimum. Any new coach will probably run a different offense, and to get the players they want will take time. This year's recruits are Richrod's. So the next round of recruits under the new coach won't come in until the 2012 season, and probaby won't be effective until at least 2013.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Thread Where B Posts Anti-M-ch-g-n E-mail Forwards
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
a joke
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:08 am
Posts: 22978
Gender: Male
Also, $


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Thread Where B Posts Anti-M-ch-g-n E-mail Forwards
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:28 am
Posts: 28541
Location: PORTLAND, ME
Chris_H_2 wrote:
EllisEamos wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
I would agree with that. Unless you're someone like Hoke from SDSU who was on Michigan's staff and whose dream job is still coaching Michigan.

okay, but would he be a step up from richrod?

i felt this way about Notre Dame prior to them hiring Charlie Weis and then after they fired him.

Is whoever you're bringing in here better (more attractive to high schoolers) than what you've already got?


I think Michigan will certainly hire someone hoping they'll be a step up (can you really do worse?). But regardless of who's on the sidelines next year, the fact is that they won't be Richrod. The boosters and big donors had about enough of Richrod, and there was really no choice but to fire him.

The problem, of course, is that Richrod's offense will set the program back offensively for about 3 years minimum. Any new coach will probably run a different offense, and to get the players they want will take time. This year's recruits are Richrod's. So the next round of recruits under the new coach won't come in until the 2012 season, and probaby won't be effective until at least 2013.

which is exactly my point.

hiring him was an agreement to "wait-and-see-three-years-from-now" and now they're in the same exact spot.

_________________
Winner, 2011 RM 'Stache Tournament


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Thread Where B Posts Anti-M-ch-g-n E-mail Forwards
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
a joke
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:08 am
Posts: 22978
Gender: Male
A decent coach will use the talent thats there and tailor, at least some of, his scheme to the players on the roster as he brings in his own people. Which was RichRods biggest flaw, from the get - go. His system. His way. No Bend for the tradition, the talent on the roster, or the program itself. Even Brady Hoke will know, with Denard on the roster, that QB options are going to be part of the offense.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Thread Where B Posts Anti-M-ch-g-n E-mail Forwards
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:28 am
Posts: 28541
Location: PORTLAND, ME
Skitch Patterson wrote:
A decent coach will use the talent thats there and tailor, at least some of, his scheme to the players on the roster as he brings in his own people. Which was RichRods biggest flaw, from the get - go. His system. His way. No Bend for the tradition, the talent on the roster, or the program itself. Even Brady Hoke will know, with Denard on the roster, that QB options are going to be part of the offense.

true.

_________________
Winner, 2011 RM 'Stache Tournament


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Thread Where B Posts Anti-M-ch-g-n E-mail Forwards
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:08 am 
Offline
User avatar
too drunk to moderate properly
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:19 pm
Posts: 39068
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Gender: Male
Chris_H_2 wrote:
EllisEamos wrote:
i just don't see the appeal of michigan anymore... who would want to go there?


While it's not what it used to be to be sure, Michigan still has a leg up on a lot of schools. After all, it still is a major D-I school in a BCS conference where you can play in front of 110,000 people every week and where every game is televised either nationally or on the conference's own network. And if they give a crap about academics, players are still getting a pretty stellar education.


I never saw any appeal to MXchXgXn. :P

But seriously, everyone goes through a slump.

_________________
"Though some may think there should be a separation between art/music and politics, it should be reinforced that art can be a form of nonviolent protest." - e.v.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 271 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:25 pm