Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post subject: dear indianapolis colts:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:51 pm 
Force of Nature

yes, the people of baltimore still hate the Indy Colts, but we are not alone. the football gods also hate them, and will never let that team reach a super bowl until the Baltimore Colts' name and logo is retired, and Jim Irsay stops living off Baltimore Colts' history. If the Ravens are to be the instrument of the football gods this season, so shall it be. Lewis & co. are going to maul you and kick you the f*ck out of the land of pleasant living.

Post subject: Re: dear indianapolis colts:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:53 pm 
High Roller
 WWW  Profile

diesel wrote:
yes, the people of baltimore still hate the Indy Colts, but we are not alone. the football gods also hate them, and will never let that team reach a super bowl until the Baltimore Colts' name and logo is retired, and Jim Irsay stops living off Baltimore Colts' history. If the Ravens are to be the instrument of the football gods this season, so shall it be. Lewis & co. are going to maul you and kick you the f*ck out of the land of pleasant living.

you do realize that the Ravens are there because they were stolen from the city of Cleveland, right?

RM Led Zeppelin Tourney Champ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:05 pm 
Force of Nature

yes i know art model left for baltimore. but he did the right thing, and left the town with their pride and dignity by leaving their stats and history. bob irsay on the other hand is a piece of shit.

Post subject: Re: dear indianapolis colts:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:06 pm 
Force of Nature

diesel wrote:

I like that, pretty funny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:10 pm 
Unthought Known

diesel wrote:
yes i know art model left for baltimore. but he did the right thing, and left the town with their pride and dignity by leaving their stats and history. bob irsay on the other hand is a piece of shit.

if by "do the right thing" you mean Modell was sued and forced to leave behind the colors and team name....then sure.

-Ernie Accorsi in his final address to the NY Giants locker room before retiring as GM in January of 2007

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:12 pm 
High Roller
 WWW  Profile

diesel wrote:

I could care less that Bob Irsay is a piece of shit and the fact that you care almost 25 years later is laughable. Even Browns fans have calmed down about their team leaving. And Modell did not leave the town with their pride and dignity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:15 pm 
Camden Crew

people in LA are not that broken up about the Rams going to the Loo. Im just sayin'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:21 pm 
Unthought Known

Koufax wrote:
people in LA are not that broken up about the Rams going to the Loo. Im just sayin'

But, that's because LA is gay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:22 pm 
AnalLog

Clubber wrote:
diesel wrote:

I could care less that Bob Irsay is a piece of shit and the fact that you care almost 25 years later is laughable. Even Browns fans have calmed down about their team leaving. And Modell did not leave the town with their pride and dignity.

that means the dude who started the thread was 3 when they left for indy?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:23 pm 
Force of Nature

the people of baltimore are not your average fans. these people were nuts for the colts and the way the team left and took their achievements with them was a crime.

i dont agree with what modell did, but at least he gave baltimore a fresh start with a new franchise. this town tried for years to get an expansion team, but carolina and jacksonville got teams instead b/c of tagliabue's bias against bmore.. but thats another rant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:25 pm 
Unthought Known

I'm surprised Baltimore never got another basketball team. maybe the Wizards got some sort of territorial rights after they moved.

-Ernie Accorsi in his final address to the NY Giants locker room before retiring as GM in January of 2007

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:29 pm 
Force of Nature

warehouse wrote:
Clubber wrote:
diesel wrote:

clubbers wrong. March 29, 1984.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:33 pm 
Got Some

Modell is an asshole. Period. And it really does not matter who wins this week, because after the pats beat the Chargers they will beat whoever wins the Indy game. I really hope Indy wins because, i really hate the fuckin ravens.

And no Modell did not leave the team with any dignity, how can you say that? the Browns were a playoff team in 94' and were going string in 95 until word leaked out that he was leaving. the City of Cleveland fought to get our team back, if it were not for the fans and the city we'd be just like baltimore, we would not have a team, and if you think Modell gave to shits about Cleveland gettiong a team back then you are wrong. If he cared he would have never left in the first place.

GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:34 pm 
AnalLog

diesel wrote:
warehouse wrote:
Clubber wrote:
diesel wrote:

clubbers wrong. March 29, 1984.

so you were 5??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:41 pm 
Force of Nature

holierthanthou wrote:
Modell is an asshole. Period. And it really does not matter who wins this week, because after the pats beat the Chargers they will beat whoever wins the Indy game. I really hope Indy wins because, i really hate the fuckin ravens.

And no Modell did not leave the team with any dignity, how can you say that? the Browns were a playoff team in 94' and were going string in 95 until word leaked out that he was leaving. the City of Cleveland fought to get our team back, if it were not for the fans and the city we'd be just like baltimore, we would not have a team, and if you think Modell gave to shits about Cleveland gettiong a team back then you are wrong. If he cared he would have never left in the first place.

you might know more about the browns/modell history than me, so tell me, did modell not leave Cleavland with the browns and their history? what did baltimore get left with? no one here wanted the same thing that happened to them to happen to another old historic franchise. it really is a crime. the browns got their team back and a new stadium. baltimore got screwed and theres kids in indy wearing unitas jerseys. fuck that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:50 pm 
Got Some

diesel wrote:
holierthanthou wrote:

you might know more about the browns/modell history than me, so tell me, did modell not leave Cleavland with the browns and their history? what did baltimore get left with? no one here wanted the same thing that happened to them to happen to another old historic franchise. it really is a crime. the browns got their team back and a new stadium. baltimore got screwed and theres kids in indy wearing unitas jerseys. fuck that.

no he didn;t leave with the history. he didn't care about our history. like i said if not for the fans and the city fighting to get our team back, we still would not have a team. And you are right Baltimore got left with nothing, but what did the city do about it? why didn;t they take action? i know it was in a different time period, but still if not for Modell moving to Baltimore would Baltimore have a team as of today?

and i don;t wish upon anybody to get there team moved. It was horrible. to be so passionate about something and then get the life sucked out of you is a feeling i don;t wanna ever feel again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:56 pm 
High Roller
 WWW  Profile

The histroy of the Colts is ALL Baltimore. Sports historians will always consider that franchise one of the best in the history of the sport. The fact that they left baltimore doesn't change the history at all. Who cares if Indy took the stats with them? Everybody knows that Unitas played in baltimore, not in Indy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:17 pm 
Interweb Celebrity

EDIT: education is good.

We gotta watch our backs

Last edited by corduroy_blazer on Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:22 pm 
Force of Nature

holierthanthou wrote:
diesel wrote:
holierthanthou wrote:

no he didn;t leave with the history. he didn't care about our history. like i said if not for the fans and the city fighting to get our team back, we still would not have a team. And you are right Baltimore got left with nothing, but what did the city do about it? why didn;t they take action? i know it was in a different time period, but still if not for Modell moving to Baltimore would Baltimore have a team as of today?

and i don;t wish upon anybody to get there team moved. It was horrible. to be so passionate about something and then get the life sucked out of you is a feeling i don;t wanna ever feel again.

i did a little research and i think youre right. i guess modell was prepared to move to baltimore as the baltimore browns. but i dont think the people in baltimore wanted to have another towns team. this is actually mentioned briefly in the wiki page. end in the end though i guess both towns got what they needed. the browns with a new stadium and baltimore with a new team. the media around here is a little biased i guess, i had never heard that modell wanted to bring the browns here including their history.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:45 pm 
Stone's Bitch

pearljamminagain wrote:
Koufax wrote:

But, that's because LA is gay.

:x

actually it has more to do with the fact more LA fans were Raider fans.

Winner, 2008 US Pearl Jam fantasy league. :D

Everton FC: 3-1-5
Anaheim Webbed D's: 5-6-2
USC Football: 7-2
Denver Broncos: 3-5

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports