Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 21  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:55 pm 
Got Some

pearljamfan80 wrote:
freeman wrote:
I'm going to be going to my first Dodgers game this season. I fly into LA on the 1st of April - and am hopefully going to see some away games as well as home games.

Can anyone recommend any grounds/games to go to? I can only stay in the states for 3 months (am going to road trip up to Canada where I'm going to work for a year). Been a baseball fan since birth/Dodgers fan since I was six, and bar the (now-defunct) Australian Baseball league and one game in Japan (Giants v Lotte at the Tokyo Dome - wicked fucking experience in it's own right), have not seen many professional games. Any recommendations?

definetly catch them while they are playing the Giants. Just going to Dodger stadium is a nice experience. Other teams I would recommend seeing in person would be the Cardinals, Angels and Mets.

How good/bad are the "reserve" seats (ie, the top of the upper level. Not the red seats in heaven behind homeplate...the top blue seats, like section 26 for example)? Too high to watch the game, or are they still good?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:45 pm 
Camden Crew

LaRoche is outplaying Betemit BIG TIME so far, but its early. Reports say Betemit has looked terrible, he hasnt hit the ball out of the infield and is 0-9 with 3 errors in the field.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:03 pm 
Stone's Bitch

Stelly wrote:
pearljamfan80 wrote:
freeman wrote:
I'm going to be going to my first Dodgers game this season. I fly into LA on the 1st of April - and am hopefully going to see some away games as well as home games.

Can anyone recommend any grounds/games to go to? I can only stay in the states for 3 months (am going to road trip up to Canada where I'm going to work for a year). Been a baseball fan since birth/Dodgers fan since I was six, and bar the (now-defunct) Australian Baseball league and one game in Japan (Giants v Lotte at the Tokyo Dome - wicked fucking experience in it's own right), have not seen many professional games. Any recommendations?

definetly catch them while they are playing the Giants. Just going to Dodger stadium is a nice experience. Other teams I would recommend seeing in person would be the Cardinals, Angels and Mets.

How good/bad are the "reserve" seats (ie, the top of the upper level. Not the red seats in heaven behind homeplate...the top blue seats, like section 26 for example)? Too high to watch the game, or are they still good?

theyre decent, not great as far as the game goes. The view is pretty nice though from what I remember.

Winner, 2008 US Pearl Jam fantasy league. :D

Everton FC: 3-1-5
Anaheim Webbed D's: 5-6-2
USC Football: 7-2
Denver Broncos: 3-5

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:15 pm 
Camden Crew

the Dodgers are thinking of moving Nomar to 3B and giving 1B to Loney now. I know Ned Colletti falls madly in love with any wrinkled up old veteran no matter how washed up they are (right Gonzo?), but theres a reason LaRoche and Kemp are considered 2 of the top prospects in baseball....Colletti goes out of his way to ensure the rookies get no shot.

Why not see what LaRoche can do? ID have rather seen LaRoche at 3rd, Nomar stay at first, Ethier play left instead of Gonzo, and let Loney crack the lineup in RF. just becsuse you used to work for the AARP Giants doesnt mean you enstall wheelchair ramps on the ballfield at Dodger Stadium

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:17 pm 
Stone's Bitch

Koufax wrote:
the Dodgers are thinking of moving Nomar to 3B and giving 1B to Loney now. I know Ned Colletti falls madly in love with any wrinkled up old veteran no matter how washed up they are (right Gonzo?), but theres a reason LaRoche and Kemp are considered 2 of the top prospects in baseball....Colletti goes out of his way to ensure the rookies get no shot.

Why not see what LaRoche can do? ID have rather seen LaRoche at 3rd, Nomar stay at first, Ethier play left instead of Gonzo, and let Loney crack the lineup in RF. just becsuse you used to work for the AARP Giants doesnt mean you enstall wheelchair ramps on the ballfield at Dodger Stadium

I really wouldn't like the move of Nomar to third. Keep him at first, he's too injury prone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:48 pm 
Got Some

Where does LA plan on batting Furcal? I know they were debating between him and Pierre for the leadoff spot.

I'm eyeing stolen bases in my Fantasy League, and want to see if Furcal will get his normal 25-30 SBs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:20 pm 
Camden Crew

Stelly wrote:
Where does LA plan on batting Furcal? I know they were debating between him and Pierre for the leadoff spot.

I'm eyeing stolen bases in my Fantasy League, and want to see if Furcal will get his normal 25-30 SBs.

Furcal is going to bat leadoff, with Pierre following. but either way, with the Dodgers lack of power, both of them figure to run a LOT, so their SB totals should both be very high

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:46 pm 
Stone's Bitch

I might be going to a couple of games this year. Haven't been to the Ravine for awhile. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:22 am 
Camden Crew

well, Grady Little continues to assfuck the rotation

hes decided that Chad Billingsley, who was lights out in the 2nd half last yr, will pitch out of the pen this yr instead of continuing to compete for the 5th spot.

so instead of a future ace whos 23yrs old and went 7-3 with a 3 ERA after the break last year, the 5th spot will be wither BRett Tomko, Hung Chi Kuo, or god forbid, the single worst pitcher in baseball Mark hendrickson...

gee, something tells me Bills is going to be pitching A LOT outr of the pen every single 5th day anyway. way to go Grady, you fucking moron

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:25 am 
Stone's Bitch

If Hendrickson becomes the #5 pitcher someone may want to get out of my way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:29 am 
Camden Crew

pearljamfan80 wrote:
If Hendrickson becomes the #5 pitcher someone may want to get out of my way.

apparently you could have Babe Ruth reincarnated as a rookie and ol' Grady would still bench the kid in favor of a washed up veteran.

in this situation hes not even letting Bills compete, hes banished to the bullpen and every 5th game the DOdgers play is basically a throw away game. real nice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:20 am 
Force of Nature

Koufax wrote:
here I am!

I have very high hopes for the Blue this year, but that usually leads to the inevidable letdown. But heres as honest a preview I can type:

you gotta LOVE the starting rotation. signing Jason Schmidt was perfect. Many think he is a better pitcher than Zito, and LA got him for a lot less years and money. He needs to be the true ace the Dodgers need him to be. 17-20 wins would be nice.

#2 is Derek Lowe. Lowe has been lights out at times in LA, in between his bouts of personality disorder. He's a groundball pitcher in the best pitchers park in the NL, and he usually gets solid D behind him.

#3 should be Brad Penny. I say should, because LA is apparently trying to trade the big lug, and I think thats a complete mistake. Ive always thought Penny was the perfect #3 pitcher, but the Dodgers (thanks Depo you fool) needed him to be the staff ace, and Penny doesnt have the mental makeup for that. Trading him would hurt this rotaion, in my opinion.

#4 will be Randy Wolf. He has the potential to be a 15 game winner if hes past his injury trouble. Dont know too much about him, but from what ive read I am encouraged

#5 will be a batter probably between Chad Billingsley and Hung Chi Kuo. Bills is young and doesnt seem to know where the strike zone is half the time. Hes got the stuff to be a 20 game winner, but he walks way way too many hitters. Kuo is a mystery. I sat in Shea last year and watched him baffle the Mets lineup. He was awesome. One of them should win the job

The bullpen....minus Gagne. Doesnt seem right. HE split on the Dodgers for an extra $2mill from the Rangers. Heartbreaking, but in reality this guy Saito did outstanding as the closer and should be pretty good in the role again. Johnathan "300lbs" Broxton is a closer in waiting. Blazing fastball. Will be the set up guy for another yr and if Saito is hurt or sucks, he can step in a bit early and become the closer.

Other than them, the bullpen is made up of ex-starters. Brett Tomko turned out to be a bust, Mark Hendrickson is one of the worst pitchers Ive ever seen, and they always have Elmer Dessens. theres some others there, not worth mentioning I guess. Jo Biemel, maybe Yhency BRazabon may come back from TJ surgery after the AS break.

The lineup is not all that potent as far as HRs go. They signed Juan Pierre to replace the aged Kenny Lofton, and although Davo and I disagree on this, I think he will be better than Kenny for the Dodgers. Rafael Furcal in the #2 slot, both are expected to get on base a lot and steal bases, create run opportunities for the big hitters next.

Nomar should be relatively healthy and he is a professional hitter. 20-25 HRs and 90-105 RBI if he plays close to a whole season. He'll be followed by Jeff Kent, who should be healthy after last years injuries limited his power. He could potentially be a 30 HR guy again, we shall see. Luis Gonzalez should still be able to hit a tin of doubles and drive in his share of runs.

Willson Betemit didnt do anything against lefties last yr, and he might face competition for the 3B job from hot prospect Andy LaRoche. I really really hop LaRoche wins the job either in ST or relatively soon.

Andre Eithier had a great May-August, ROY type stuff, until he hit a wall in Spetember and was benched for the playoffs. He should improve as the starting RF.

Russel Martin is on his way to being an all star catcher. He catches a good game and his hitting is great for a catcher, should improve at the plate even more.

I think the Dodgers have the best rotaion in the NL West, and I think they will absolutely pull off a trade for a HR hitter in July, and I think this is the year they not only win a playoff game, but a series as well.

and with that, they will probably now finish 4th and make me have a stroke or two by June

dead on balls accurate my fellow blue-blood...couldnt agree with you more on all your points

DirecTV'S music channel
" the virus "
also 92.3 k-rock in n.y. also boston,philly, pitt, chicago, wpb--- 1st pj gig 5.12.06 albany

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:10 pm 
Camden Crew

Cletus just got a contract extention.....which means even more years ahead of mismanaging the entire rotation!!!!

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:01 pm 
Stone's Bitch

Koufax wrote:
Cletus just got a contract extention.....which means even more years ahead of mismanaging the entire rotation!!!!

Yes I heard about that yesterday...I knew you'd be thrilled. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:10 am 
Camden Crew

pearljamfan80 wrote:
Koufax wrote:

as dumb as he is, the players LOVE the guy, and thats always a plus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:21 am 
Stone's Bitch

Koufax wrote:
pearljamfan80 wrote:
Koufax wrote:

as dumb as he is, the players LOVE the guy, and thats always a plus.

yeah, the local media around here really likes him too for turning it around from the year befores disaster.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:35 am 
Stone's Bitch

This is going to be a great season, I can FEEL it. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:30 am 
Supersonic
 YIM  Profile

pearljamfan80 wrote:
This is going to be a great season, I can FEEL it. 8)
i hope you're right, i finally got a chance today to watch a dodger game. 5 good innings by schmidt and nomar seems to be swinging the bat well :thumbsup:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:36 am 
Stone's Bitch

Time to begin the 173 game winning streak!!! :lol:

:arrow:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:00 pm 
Camden Crew

well here we go!!

Our leadoff hitter is on the DL

Our 4th outfielder is the ned Nancy Drew-out for the year

Brett Tomko is the 5th starter

James Loney was sent to AAA AGAIN, so some utility IF named Wilson Valdez can eat up the kids roster spot

lets go dodgers!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 21  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports