Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:16 pm 
Got Some
 YIM  Profile

I am a die hard royals fan.
and honestly i don't know what to expect this year,and that excites me.
last year had a good feel,and we lost 100,in 05 the feeling going into the season...well let's say with Jose Lima as the "ace" it was a very ill feeling.
i think we might surprise alot of people this year,but so much of it depends on coaching for this team,and that fact does scare me.
if Buddy Bell coach's the right way and doesnt choose his favorite "scruffy" vet's to start over good young future talent such as Teahen,Gordon and Shealey we should be quite good.
now if we have Gload,Reggie Sanders and Larue starting then clear some room in the cellar.
Bell also has a messed up stratyegy with his bullpen,we got some good pitchers this year,but he needs to adjust his handling of the position.
we had more blown saves last year then anybody,and that had an awful lot to do with the indecision at closer,and the handling of who ever was closing.i saw buddy bring in the "closer" in the 7th inning a few times last year!
anyway i am excited,and this new GM seems to be heading in the right direction,the fans are behind him,the players are behind him and more importantly the Royal Legends who have been alienated by the club the last 5-7 years are behind him,i swear i havent seen George Brett so pumped and involved with this club in years.

xanga.com/storytime_with_s_and_m

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:55 pm 
a joke

i dont mind the royals.

but the cellar has their name on it, at this point through no fault of their own... The only way they avoid it is a complete tank job by Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago or Minnesota- and i dont see that happening to the extent that KC will be able to climb ahead of any of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:43 am 
Johnny Guitar

edzeppe wrote:
i dont mind the royals.

but the cellar has their name on it, at this point through no fault of their own... The only way they avoid it is a complete tank job by Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago or Minnesota- and i dont see that happening to the extent that KC will be able to climb ahead of any of them.

As I stated before, this team is heading in the right direction. I think they can play within 5-10 of .500 for the entire season. If this happens they will be in the mix and a factor in the division. They lost 100 last year. New GM, better bullpen, young power starting to arrive, staff ace not going crazy in spring training. These things should account for 7-10 wins at least.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:22 am 
a joke

iwasthere wrote:
edzeppe wrote:
i dont mind the royals.

As I stated before, this team is heading in the right direction. I think they can play within 5-10 of .500 for the entire season. If this happens they will be in the mix and a factor in the division. They lost 100 last year. New GM, better bullpen, young power starting to arrive, staff ace not going crazy in spring training. These things should account for 7-10 wins at least.

no. they cant. you realize that they play nearly 60 games total against
1. The defending AL champions
2. The World Series champions from the previous year
3. a team that has made the playoffs in like 4 of the past 5 years- which has the reigning AL Cy Young, MVP and Batting Champion.

and that doesnt even count this years vogue pick of Cleveland.

Im not debating the KC is moving in the right direction... but the division they are in is just too strong, and they play half their schedule against them. What really sucks for KC, is that it doesnt appear that Detroit, Minn or Cleveland is going to suck anytime soon, and i doubt the Sox will either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:35 am 
Johnny Guitar

edzeppe wrote:
iwasthere wrote:
edzeppe wrote:
i dont mind the royals.

no. they cant. you realize that they play nearly 60 games total against
1. The defending AL champions
2. The World Series champions from the previous year
3. a team that has made the playoffs in like 4 of the past 5 years- which has the reigning AL Cy Young, MVP and Batting Champion.

and that doesnt even count this years vogue pick of Cleveland.

Im not debating the KC is moving in the right direction... but the division they are in is just too strong, and they play half their schedule against them. What really sucks for KC, is that it doesnt appear that Detroit, Minn or Cleveland is going to suck anytime soon, and i doubt the Sox will either.

Cleveland was last years vougue pick as well. They finished 78-84. I promise at least 1 of those teams will slip up and finish below .500.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:13 am 
BLOODY FKKN RED TEAM FAN

jam fan wrote:
Twins are going to win the central. First 1/2 of the season may be subpar but they are a second 1/2 team and Santana is going to win his third (should be 4th) Cy Young. Plus, Mauer, Morneau, etc., etc.

I can't wait for '08 when Liriano is back.

You're going to have to wait, because they aren't winning the division this year with that pitching staff....08 might be too soon too with Torii Hunter leaving at the end of the year.

J88Ryan everywhere else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:15 am 
BLOODY FKKN RED TEAM FAN

Jim wrote:
it's all going to come down to who has the standout pitching staff.

aka...Detroit

J88Ryan everywhere else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:53 pm 
a joke

iwasthere wrote:

Cleveland was last years vougue pick as well. They finished 78-84. I promise at least 1 of those teams will slip up and finish below .500.

You're right, one of those teams will finish below .500.... because they have to play 60 games against the other 3... but i bet they will still finish well ahead of KC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:31 pm 
Supersonic

It's becoming a two-horse race, folks. Say bye bye to the White Sox and Royals. And if the Twins don't right their ship soon, you can say bye bye to them as well.

Should be a fun summer watching Cleveland and Detroit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:19 pm 
Unthought Known

Yield05 wrote:
i think the indians will make some noise at the top of the division this yr.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:19 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

The Tribe got hosed yesterday. Michaels was totally safe. :x

Watching C.C. at the plate = freaking awesome.

Right now I think the Tigers will pass them the way the back end of the Indian rotation is pitching.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:16 pm 
BLOODY FKKN RED TEAM FAN

Kenny Rodgers pitched 3 innings of 1 hit ball yesterday in his first REhab start at AAA Toledo.

Can you imagine the staff if they kept Miller up:

Bonderman
Verlander
Rodgers
Robertson/Maroth
Miller

Sheff is a stud by-the-way.

J88Ryan everywhere else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:47 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Chris_H_2 wrote:
It's becoming a two-horse race, folks. Say bye bye to the White Sox and Royals. And if the Twins don't right their ship soon, you can say bye bye to them as well.

Thats how its looking. Should be a fun summer watching my 2005 world series championship season dvd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:34 pm 
Supersonic

pnjguy wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:

Thats how its looking. Should be a fun summer watching my 2005 world series championship season dvd.

Do they trade away the players? Dye? Buerle?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:00 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Chris_H_2 wrote:
pnjguy wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:

Do they trade away the players? Dye? Buerle?

If it was up to me, i would do everything in my power to retain buehrle. As for Dye, i think his time is up here in chicago.

Realistically, Williams won't do anything until mid-July as far as getting rid of Buehrle and Dye. He tends to wait things out. And I wouldn't be suprised if he actually added some pieces, not because he believes they'll make it this year, but to set up for next year. He has made similar trades like for Garcia, MacDougal ect. Williams loves Dye, and Dye loves chicago, so the possibility of Dye returning is much greater than for Buerhle.

My point is, youll get an outfielder in FA that can put up Dye's numbers, you can't get a left-hander that can put up the innings Buerhle can. If that means overpaying him, so be it. Welcome to the Major Leagues. He just turned 28 for christs sake. If you give that type of cash to any pitcher, might as well for somebody who is virtually guaranteed to pitch 200+ innings.

Post subject: Re: **Official AL Central Thread**
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:08 pm 
Supersonic

Fun fact: the Chicago White Sox have lost 28 of their last 35 games against the Minnesota Twins.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:26 am 
Got Some

Chris_H_2 wrote:
Fun fact: the Chicago White Sox have lost 28 of their last 35 games against the Minnesota Twins.

that is a fun fact.
the last two weeks have been fun. on june 1st, the twonks were 20 games below .500 and 16.5 out of 1st. june 18th the twins are 9 games below .500 and 8 out of 1st. i don't expect this pace to continue, but if we're within 5 by the all-star break and our opening day roster starts playing together (yes, mauer and nishi are back after being out for 2 months, but morneau, span, kubel, and thome are all on the dl still), we should be in the thick of it come september. 88 wins will be enough in this division. :wave: blue jays.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:18 pm 
Ghostasauros

The Minnesota Twins just won another game. This is their seventh consecutive win and it came on a walk-off in the bottom of the 9th at Target Field. That's 14 wins in their last 16 games. Obviously this pace can't last forever. But the Twins are proving they are far better then the abysmal start they had to the season. The Twins are now 31-39 on the season and, as of this writing, have climbed past the Royals and out of the Central division cellar. If the Twins can play .600 ball for the remainder of the season they would finish with 86.2 wins. I really believe that 87-89 wins could be enough to take a weak division. With Morneau, Span, Kubal, Thome, and Nathan all currently on the DL and with Mauer and Nishioka having just returned, the Twins may be in good position to play at a very high level for the remainder of the season. After being 20 games below .500 just a few weeks ago, the Twins have given their fans a reason to cheer and believe a miraculous run to another division title may just be possible. The Twins currently stand 7.5 games behind division leading Cleveland, 6.5 behind Detroit and just 2 games behind Chicago for a third place standing. If the Twins can pick up another 2 or 3 games before that All Star break, anything could happen.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:52 pm 
Reissued

Good to know someone will be backing into the playoffs this year. Gotta love the central.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:17 am 
Got Some

Mickey wrote:
Good to know someone will be backing into the playoffs this year. Gotta love the central.

gay.
give central teams and extra hundred million to play with and we'll make you eat a big shitburger.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports