Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: The Chicago Bears Thread
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:55 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

are better than the 2006 Chicago Bears: Why?

Grossman has matured and learned alot for his first full year under center. A super bowl appearance will do that.

The cancer of Tank Johnson is gone, replaced with not only a better citizen, but better player in Darvin Walker.

Tommie Harris is back to eat your quarterback.

Ced Bensen is better than Thomas Jones. Hopefully he will stay healthy.

Mike Brown is back. (Don't bank on him playing the whole season though)

Adam archuletta is better than chris harris, and anytime that Rickey Manning Jr is off the field is always a good thing.

Alex Brown is on the bench, and Mark Anderson will start 16 games.

Berrian, Olsen, Hester (the most explosive palyer in the NFL), and Wolfe will turn the Bears offense into one of the fastest in the league.

Go Bears.

Post subject: Re: The Official 2007 Chicago Bears Thread
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:57 pm 
AnalLog

im pretty sure the season comes down to grossman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:07 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

warehouse wrote:
im pretty sure the season comes down to grossman

Yes, but having the tools around him like Hester, Olsen, Berrian, and Bensin can only help his maturation process.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:10 pm 
Got Some

i am cautiously optimistic about this year (although their schedule is tough). it is all about grossman - however i think he will be on a much shorter leash this year compared to last year. he is playing for his football life this year. hopefully he drastically improves and becomes the solid leader they need on offense.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:16 pm 
Unthought Known

they may be a better team...but a tougher schedule means they might have a worse record than last year. If they don't get homefield, gamblers across the country will be loving the idea of Rex on the road in the playoffs.

-Ernie Accorsi in his final address to the NY Giants locker room before retiring as GM in January of 2007

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:11 pm 
Force of Nature
 WWW  Profile

barring injuries, they are easily the class of the NFC. maybe Dallas gives them a run, but i don't put any stock into the whole "loser of the superbowl struggles the next year" theory. that should not be an excuse, they are too good.

i am trying not to be a homer, but they are too talented to not expect a superbowl return.

and yes, i'm still waiting to see what sexy rexy does. i just think if he can find some kind of medium, he will be fine. last year he was either really good or just God-awful. if he could turn those "God-awful" games into just "bad" games and not completely implode when things go wrong, i think he will be fine. we have enough talent to deal with that. even in the superbowl i don't think he played "God-awful" like he did in some of the other games. sure, he had a stinker but i think his reputation caused people to over-react. trust me, i saw plenty of games when his QB rating was around 10, the superbowl was bad but not even close to his worst game of the year.

http://thedrunkenscribe.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:12 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Ricardo Tubbs wrote:
they may be a better team...but a tougher schedule means they might have a worse record than last year. If they don't get homefield, gamblers across the country will be loving the idea of Rex on the road in the playoffs.

they may have a tougher schedule but they're still in the north division. 2 games of the packers, lions, vikings. With all of the east teams beating up on eachother, i dont see how any of those teams will have a better record. The saints are severly overated. The only team that worries me is seattle. But they have ALOT of question marks and dont have the easiest schedule either (cincinnati, @ pittsburgh, New Orleans, Chicago, @ Phily, @ Carolina, Baltimore.)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:23 pm 
AnalLog

pnjguy wrote:
Ricardo Tubbs wrote:

they may have a tougher schedule but they're still in the north division. 2 games of the packers, lions, vikings. With all of the east teams beating up on eachother, i dont see how any of those teams will have a better record. The saints are severly overated. The only team that worries me is seattle. But they have ALOT of question marks and dont have the easiest schedule either (cincinnati, @ pittsburgh, New Orleans, Chicago, @ Phily, @ Carolina, Baltimore.)

you're not worried about the division being better?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:31 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

warehouse wrote:
pnjguy wrote:
Ricardo Tubbs wrote:

you're not worried about the division being better?

they're better, but not good teams. That doesn't mean that they're going 6-0 in the division, they may very well do that, but to answer your question no.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:35 pm 
AnalLog

chicago will be 3-3 in their division

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:37 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

warehouse wrote:

:haha: :nice:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:39 pm 
AnalLog

pnjguy wrote:
warehouse wrote:

we can revisit this statement in a few months, until then leave your blinders on

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:43 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

warehouse wrote:
pnjguy wrote:
warehouse wrote:

we can revisit this statement in a few months, until then leave your blinders on

okay, and you can leave yours on as well.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:49 pm 
AnalLog

i have blinders on? im an eagles fan, i dont give a fuck about the bears. i just call it like i see it, their division will be much better, their defense will be good, and they will be lead by a high school qb. good luck

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:01 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

warehouse wrote:
i have blinders on? im an eagles fan, i dont give a fuck about the bears. i just call it like i see it, their division will be much better, their defense will be good, and they will be lead by a high school qb. good luck

So apparently I cant call it like I see it because im a bears fan? Im not going to sit here and rant about how the division is sooo much better when its not. Vikings: They are starting Tevarus Jackson, nuff said. The Lions defense is god awful and they may put up points, put Kitna is sure to have just as many interception as Grossman will have just for the fact that they are going to throw the ball 50 times a game. Packers, mediocre at best defense with an acient bret Favre who is decling fast, and no running game. You have yet to back up what you said on the Packers, Lions, Vikings being better to cause the Bears to go 3-3 in the division. Its not my fault the rest of the division is awful.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:09 pm 
AnalLog

pnjguy wrote:
warehouse wrote:

So apparently I cant call it like I see it because im a bears fan? Im not going to sit here and rant about how the division is sooo much better when its not. Vikings: They are starting Tevarus Jackson, nuff said. The Lions defense is god awful and they may put up points, put Kitna is sure to have just as many interception as Grossman will have just for the fact that they are going to throw the ball 50 times a game. Packers, mediocre at best defense with an acient bret Favre who is decling fast, and no running game. You have yet to back up what you said on the Packers, Lions, Vikings being better to cause the Bears to go 3-3 in the division. Its not my fault the rest of the division is awful.

the packers defense is good. the vikings defense is good. the lions defense is not good, but their offensive has to potential to break records. im actually expecting jackson to improve alot under childres, and if he doesnt they have holcolmb, who is miles ahead of grossman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:51 pm 
Unthought Known

warehouse wrote:
pnjguy wrote:
warehouse wrote:

Bear fan and blinders are pretty synonymous with one another. Same for Cub fan.

Most of 'em anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:58 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

pearljamminagain wrote:
warehouse wrote:
pnjguy wrote:
warehouse wrote:

Bear fan and blinders are pretty synonymous with one another. Same for Cub fan.

Most of 'em anyway.

But the thing is im a white sox fan, synonomous of being paranoid and being too critical. Im not going to lie and say the division is so much better when in actuality they're not, and they haven't proven anything to me or anyone else for that matter that they are deserving of such praise.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:01 pm 
AnalLog

but you are gonna lie and say grossman improved w/o him having to prove himself?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:07 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

warehouse wrote:
but you are gonna lie and say grossman improved w/o him having to prove himself?

He has only played 24 games in his career. He can only improve. I dont think it's crazy to think that through more experience and having more weapons around him that he can improve. And thats not lieing to myself, thats looking at it objectively. I would say the same thing about any quarterback in the NFL if the situation was the same.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports