Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2808 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 141  Next
 Post subject: Re: ***The Official WWE Thread***
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:26 am 
Poney Girl

LostDog1079 wrote:
Here's what we have going on after RAW tonight:

**Chris Jericho vs. Randy Orton (WWE title match)

I was hoping that this fued would be a long standing fued with the title match not happening so quickly. :shake:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:53 pm 
Stone's Bitch
 WWW  Profile

Wes C. Addle wrote:
LostDog1079 wrote:

I was hoping that this fued would be a long standing fued with the title match not happening so quickly. :shake:

Me too. But you know how WWE loves to screw things up. :evil:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:02 am 
Global Moderator

LostDog1079 wrote:
Wes C. Addle wrote:
LostDog1079 wrote:

it could still easily be a longish fued, i can see the usual wwe screw job finish with orton keeping the title, then maybe jericho wins at the rumble.

i dont love orton, his legend killer thing annoys me, but i dont think they should bitch him out to jericho right off the bat.

and i would really like to get some apreciation from jericho winning the title, which would mean that it should be hard for him. maybe have him lose at the ppv, then enter the rumble and just miss winning it to someone from smackdown, then the next ppv after rumble is supposed to have the elimination chamber for the brand that doesnt get the title shot from the rumble, its supposed to have that brands top challengers and the winner faces the champ at mania, that is where id like to see jericho get the shot and win at mania. but i doubt they will wait that long

Post subject: Re: ***The Official WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread***
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:03 am 
Global Moderator

oh yeah, and i just wanted to say that im a big fan of santino merella on the mic :lol:

KYJ

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:30 am 
Unthought Known

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
oh yeah, and i just wanted to say that im a big fan of santino merella on the mic :lol:

KYJ

:haha: same here Doc. i was crying when he said that!.
santino rules :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:39 am 
Stone's Bitch
 WWW  Profile

Yield05 wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:

KYJ

Too bad he kinda sucks at wrestling and that they have him feuding with Lawler.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:46 am 
Global Moderator

LostDog1079 wrote:
Yield05 wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:

KYJ

Too bad he kinda sucks at wrestling and that they have him feuding with Lawler.

yeah, i dont care what he does wrestling wise, and the king beating his ass is getting huge pops so they keep doing it. the only thing i like about his in ring work is his kinda comedy selling to things like getting punched in the stomach. if he works on his in ring skills then i could see him really getting over and possible getting a chance for another IC title or somehting, but otherwise he just needs to be on the mic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:47 am 
Poney Girl

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:

KYJ

The Jericho - Santino mic convo was on of the best two person mic fight in a long long time.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:11 pm 
Unthought Known

TNA "Turning Point" pay-per-view set for December 2 is shaping up this like:
+Kevin Nash, Scott Hall and Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle, AJ Styles and Tyson Tomko. Tomko was recently injured in Japan and will most likely be replaced in this match.

+Six Man Tag Team Tables Match: Team 3D and Johnny Devine vs. Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin and "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal

+Match of 10,000 Thumbtacks: Abyss and Rhyno vs. Black Reign and Rellik

+TNA Women's Championship Match: Gail Kim vs. Awesome Kong

+Feast Of Fired Match: 15 superstars will compete for shots at the TNA World Championships! Four cases will hang from corners in the ring - three will contain a shot at either the TNA World, Tag Team or X Division Championships. The fourth will contain a pink slip.

Quote:
For a vegetarian, Rents, you're a fuckin' EVIL shot!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:20 pm 
Force of Nature
 WWW  Profile

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
LostDog1079 wrote:
Wes C. Addle wrote:
LostDog1079 wrote:

it could still easily be a longish fued, i can see the usual wwe screw job finish with orton keeping the title, then maybe jericho wins at the rumble.

i dont love orton, his legend killer thing annoys me, but i dont think they should bitch him out to jericho right off the bat.

and i would really like to get some apreciation from jericho winning the title, which would mean that it should be hard for him. maybe have him lose at the ppv, then enter the rumble and just miss winning it to someone from smackdown, then the next ppv after rumble is supposed to have the elimination chamber for the brand that doesnt get the title shot from the rumble, its supposed to have that brands top challengers and the winner faces the champ at mania, that is where id like to see jericho get the shot and win at mania. but i doubt they will wait that long

i agree, i mentioned this in the Jericho thread. it would have been nice to see them slowly build up jericho for a huge WM title shot (whether it be against orton or some other heel), but it doesn't look like that will happen. WWE is looking for him to make a big splash immediately to spike their ratings.

other thoughts:
-HHH has gotta be turning heel soon (i have thought this for a few weeks with all these baby face guys returning, but i just saw it is also now being talked about on the dirt sheets). another face main eventer, Lashley, is returning next month and they have very few legitimate main event heels (edge and orton are the only two; i don't count khali, umaga or kennedy yet, although i love kennedy).
-i've heard rumors about this flair angle for a long time and i'm glad they're doing it. i think everyone has gotten annoyed with his old, saggy tits, but this is a great way to give him one more run and the fact that fans know this is his retirement angle (scheduled to conclude sometime around WM), i think they will really get behind him. i caught the very end of his match on Monday. i know it was in his home state but damn that crowd was hot.

http://thedrunkenscribe.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:02 pm 
Stone's Bitch
 WWW  Profile

Spoilers from SmackDown tapings last night:
Spoiler: show
Batista vs. Edge for World Title goes to a no-contest thanks to Undertaker interference. It is then announced that at Armageddon, Batista, Edge and Undertaker will have a triple-threat match for the World Title.

It is also rumored that MVP vs. Rey Mysterio will be @ the ppv.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:25 pm 
Global Moderator

tonysolano wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
LostDog1079 wrote:
Wes C. Addle wrote:
LostDog1079 wrote:

i agree, i mentioned this in the Jericho thread. it would have been nice to see them slowly build up jericho for a huge WM title shot (whether it be against orton or some other heel), but it doesn't look like that will happen. WWE is looking for him to make a big splash immediately to spike their ratings.

other thoughts:
-HHH has gotta be turning heel soon (i have thought this for a few weeks with all these baby face guys returning, but i just saw it is also now being talked about on the dirt sheets). another face main eventer, Lashley, is returning next month and they have very few legitimate main event heels (edge and orton are the only two; i don't count khali, umaga or kennedy yet, although i love kennedy).
-i've heard rumors about this flair angle for a long time and i'm glad they're doing it. i think everyone has gotten annoyed with his old, saggy tits, but this is a great way to give him one more run and the fact that fans know this is his retirement angle (scheduled to conclude sometime around WM), i think they will really get behind him. i caught the very end of his match on Monday. i know it was in his home state but damn that crowd was hot.

ive been one who for the longest time said that i would like to see flair get one last title run before heading out, but he really has nothing left, all he does is chop people, get beat up and then try for the figure 4 and hit the low blow and eye poke, thats it, i dont think he can actually perform well enough to realisticly beat anyone with out interferance. that match on raw will be one of the only times i can say that randy orton carried a match

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:39 pm 
Poney Girl

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
tonysolano wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
LostDog1079 wrote:
Wes C. Addle wrote:
LostDog1079 wrote:

other thoughts:

ive been one who for the longest time said that i would like to see flair get one last title run before heading out, but he really has nothing left, all he does is chop people, get beat up and then try for the figure 4 and hit the low blow and eye poke, thats it, i dont think he can actually perform well enough to realisticly beat anyone with out interferance. that match on raw will be one of the only times i can say that randy orton carried a match

:haha: Randy carrying a match, :haha:

That match was carried by the FANS.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:58 pm 
Stone's Bitch
 WWW  Profile

Flair looked fatter than ever on Monday... it was quite sad.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:51 am 
Unthought Known

LostDog1079 wrote:

he is 79 afterall.

roids roids roids

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:53 am 
Stone's Bitch
 WWW  Profile

Yield05 wrote:
LostDog1079 wrote:

he is 79 afterall.

roids roids roids

Actually, he's in his late 50s if I'm correct.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:57 am 
Unthought Known

LostDog1079 wrote:
Yield05 wrote:
LostDog1079 wrote:

he is 79 afterall.

roids roids roids

Actually, he's in his late 50s if I'm correct.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:14 am 
Stone's Bitch

I could watch Santino and Jericho on the mic everyday. Good stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:11 pm 
Unthought Known

so I heard the Bret Hart book was pretty good. Have any of you read it?

-Ernie Accorsi in his final address to the NY Giants locker room before retiring as GM in January of 2007

Post subject: Re: ***The Official Pro Wrestling Thread***
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:14 pm 
Unthought Known

TNA has added Angelina Love (Angel Williams) and Velvet Sky (Talia Madison) vs. ODB and Roxxi

Velvet Sky *drools*

Quote:
For a vegetarian, Rents, you're a fuckin' EVIL shot!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2808 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 141  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports