Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2808 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141  Next
 Post subject: Re: ***The Official WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread***
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:37 pm 
Unthought Known

**PWinsider.com reported today that court documents filed by TNA in their lawsuit against the WWE reveal that after Flair requested his release from TNA on May 9th that he was fired on May 11th.

**The next WWE pay-per-view event is ‘Money in the Bank’ on July 15th in Phoenix, Arizona and is tentatively scheduled to feature two Ladder Matches for future title shots.

**With CM Punk’s win Sunday night he has now held the WWE Title for 211-days surpassing Triple H’s mark of 210-days holding the title in 2008. Punk is now the longest reigning WWE Champion dating back to John Cena’s reign from September 2006 – October 2007 of 380-days.

**The Extreme Rising group has announced that Sabu has been added to the June 29th and 30th shows after completing a recent stint in rehab.

**Former WWE and WCW performer Madusa was sitting in the audience at ‘No Way Out’ Sunday night in East Rutherford, New Jersey.

Quote:
For a vegetarian, Rents, you're a fuckin' EVIL shot!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:53 pm 
Unthought Known

**WWE ‘Raw’ had another strong week with a 3.42 rating and averaged 4,960,000 viewers. This week was a good sign because you didn’t have the Vince McMahon factor to drive curiosity and the show on Monday told a story all night leading to the removal of John Laurinaitis. It will be interesting because if next week’s number is down than it’s going to be hard to resist bringing Laurinaitis back as he was the character, who both shows were based around for the full two-hours and held interest.

**Here is the current line up for this Sunday’s Ring of Honor ‘Best in the World’ card from the Manhattan Center in New York at 5pm EST and available at ROHWrestling.com/iPPV:
*Kevin Steen Vs Davey Richards for the ROH Title
*Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas Vs Kenny King & Rhett Titus for the Tag Titles
*Roderick Strong Vs Tommaso Ciampa Vs Jay Lethal for the Television Title
*Michael Elgin Vs Fit Finlay
*Homicide Vs Eddie Edwards
*The Briscoe Brothers Vs The Guardians of Truth
*Kyle O’Reilly Vs Adam Cole in a Hybrid Rules Match

**Vickie Guerrero is scheduled to be the guest General Manager of ‘Raw’ and ‘Smackdown’ next week.

**Bobby Roode Vs Austin Aries for the TNA Title will officially headline TNA ‘Destination X’ on Sunday July 8th in Orlando, Florida and the added stipulation that every year the X Division Champion will have the option to forfeit their title and challenge for the TNA Title at the event.

**Next week’s live edition of ‘Impact’ will feature Kurt Angle & A.J. Styles defending the Tag Titles against Christopher Daniels & Kazarian in a rematch of their awesome tag bout at ‘Slammiversary’, which was a hell of a match if you didn’t see it and one of the best TNA matches this year.

**Chris Jericho’s 30-day suspension ends tomorrow and he will be on ‘Raw’ Monday night in Fort Wayne, Indiana.

**The WWE ‘Raw’ crew begins their tour Saturday night in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania and then head to Wheeling, West Virginia on Sunday. The ‘Smackdown’ crew is in Springfield, Illinois on Saturday night and then in Bloomington, Illinois on Sunday.

**Luke Gallows worked a dark match at the ‘Impact’ tapings on Thursday night in Orlando. Gallows had been working under the name Isaiah Cash for Ring Ka King, which doesn’t seem to be getting a second season in India.

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:09 am 
Unthought Known

**This weekend marks the 5-year anniversary of the Chris Benoit murder / suicide case, which was the biggest story in the history of the industry and marked one of the darkest periods in wrestling history that stretched over the entire summer of 2007. Benoit was booked that weekend for a house show on the Saturday night in Beaumont, Texas and called in saying he would not make the show (and Benoit never missed shows) citing a family problem and that Nancy and Daniel had come down with food poisoning. Benoit then missed the ‘Night of Champions’ pay-per-view the following night where he was booked to defeat CM Punk to win the vacant ECW Title. It was on the Monday afternoon that authorities were contacted to check on the Benoit home after numerous text messages were sent out from Benoit’s phone to various colleagues on the roster including Chavo Guerrero giving his home address and instructions to enter the home. When authorities got to their home the three bodies of Chris, Nancy and Daniel were discovered with the timeline from the investigation revealing that Nancy had been killed first and then Daniel before Chris hung himself in a violent manner on a weight lifting machine. The WWE was scheduled for a three-hour ‘Raw’ that evening (eerily enough with a funeral scheduled for the show for Vince McMahon). The show was cancelled and they went on with a Chris Benoit tribute show (the timeline has always been a source of contention because not only did the east coast feed of Raw feature the tribute show but so did the west coast feed, when it was pretty clear at that point that something was awry and select company officials were alerted). What followed was a summer of horrible press for the WWE as they constantly battled the media, sent out talent to defend the company Wellness Policy and were later popped themselves at the end of the summer on the Signature Pharmacy list and was a horrible time for the company but not one that crippled their business and life went on for the company after the summer. It was a horrible event and the people you feel most saddened for are the families of Chris and Nancy, who are left with too many questions to answer and to this day the name ‘Chris Benoit’ remains a taboo topic and a weekend surrounded by uncertainty as the only people who know what happened in that home that weekend didn’t survive that weekend.

**The ‘Raw’ tapings are in Fort Wayne, Indiana tomorrow night featuring the return of Chris Jericho as well as Vickie Guerrero serving as the guest General Manager for the week.

**The TNA crew finished up their weekend set of shows with a card in Hamilton, Ontario tonight at 6pm EST and then are off until this Thursday for television.

**At Saturday night’s TNA house show in Oshawa, Ontario there were two Bound for Glory Series matches with Samoa Joe defeating Robbie E by submission for ten points and Christopher Daniels defeating Kurt Angle by count out

**The WWE is advertising Randy Orton for dates in August and is expected back as soon as his sixty-day suspension is up at the end of July despite key people being furious at Orton over the suspension. The depth is so low right now that it sounded insane they would entertain the idea of cutting Orton as a statement about the policy and the teeth attached to the policy.

**Scott Hall did not show up for a scheduled appearance this weekend for an Industry, California autograph signing billed as a reunion of the New World Order including Kevin Nash, Sean Waltman, Konnan, Buff Bagwell, Lex Luger and Scott Steiner. Nash apologized to those that attended and said he convinced the promoters to bring in Hall and thought he would be up for the appearance but claimed he missed his flight and then never got on a plane.

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:15 pm 
Unthought Known

**WWE RAW last night earned a 3.3 cable rating with 4.7 million viewers. The show did hours of 3.21 and 3.37.

**Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police were called to Ric Flair's home on Monday evening after a report that Flair's wife, Jacqueline, had assasulted Flair. No arrests were made. Jacqueline was arrested in 2010 for punching Flair in the face, and she was arrested in march of this year on charges of DWI.

**In dark match results from last night's WWE RAW, Husky Harris defeated Alex Riley. John Cena defeated Tensai and The Big Show.

**The WWE ‘Smackdown’ tapings are in Evansville, Indiana tonight featuring Sheamus Vs Dolph Ziggler Vs Alberto Del Rio for the World Title along with Vickie Guerrero serving as the guest General Manager for the show.

**John Layfield had his first major scare during his mountain climbing fundraiser with the following tweet sent out:

Got hypoxia and was fighting frostbite, still made it to 1,000 feet of summit then huge storm pushed us off mountain. Lucky to be alive.

**The WWE has announced that Charlie Sheen will serve as their Social Media Ambassador for the 1000th edition of ‘Raw’ on July 23rd to promote his new ‘Anger Management’ series on FX that debuts this Thursday. Sheen will be watching and tweeting about ‘Raw’ that night as his role for the show.

**Here is the updated card for the WWE ‘Money in the Bank’ show on July 15th in Phoenix, Arizona:
*CM Punk Vs Daniel Bryan for the WWE Title
*John Cena Vs Big Show Vs Kane Vs Chris Jericho in the WWE Title Money in the Bank Ladder Match

**The update on Adam Cole from ‘Best in the World’ is that he suffered a nasty cut that had to be stitched up but did not lose any teeth and instead spit out a bloody piece of gum, which confused people at the time.

*Ring of Honor has added the following matches to the television tapings this Friday night in Baltimore, Maryland:
*Kevin Steen & Jimmy Jacobs & Steve Corino Vs Rhett Titus & Kenny King & Jay Lethal
*Lance Storm Vs Mike Bennett
*Roderick Strong Vs Adam Cole for the Television Title
*Tomasso Ciampa Vs Mike Sydal
*Kyle O’Reilly Vs Matt Taven

**Old school return on RAW last night...and thanks to the PG era, a very quiet response. Notice how the announce table take a few mins to remind everyone who that is.

**The WWE announced a new broadcast television with ION Television to air a weekly Wednesday night show called ‘WWE Main Event’ featuring talent from both shows that will be taped Monday and Tuesdays. The show will launch on October 3rd of this year and will be a one-hour show. On paper this sounds like another ‘B’ show akin to the purpose that ‘Superstars’ served for WGN from 2009-2011. The company has become very aggressive when it comes to producing original content for the purpose of raising television rights fees, which is the dominant pillar of the company business model at the present time.

**Tommy Dreamer is launching his own wrestling company entitled House of Hardcore with their debut show set for October 6th in Poughkeepsie, New York with a slick teaser trailer released on Sunday night:

**A cryptic tweet from Matt Morgan:

Had a great time on this visit to Connecticut. Conducted some very good business(stay tuned!)& got to see entire family. 2birds,1stone.

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:40 pm 
Unthought Known

**On the Impact show last night, they indicated that there is an X-Division Championship tournament, and the winner would be crowned at Destination X. This could indicate that they’ve changed the plan for the Ultimate X match which was announced on the Austin Aries conference call, or if somehow the Ultimate X match will play into the finals.

**On Sunday July 29th from 2-4 p.m. the Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame will be holding an autograph session at the Hall of Fame in Amsterdam, NY with Jay Lethal and The Amazing Red. http://www.pwhf.org

**"Sunny" Tammy Sytch will be doing a YouShoot for Kayfabe Commentaries.

**Shawn Michaels' MacMillan River Adventures began its second season this week on The Outdoor Channel.

**During a Twitter Q&A session, Shawn Michaels put over Dolph Ziggler as the next big star.

**EVOLVE is holding their first of three straight iPPV’s this weekend with their EVOLVE 14 card in Ybor City, Florida and available at WWNLive.com at approximately 7:30pm EST and will be paired with a Florida Underground Wrestling card leading into the EVOLVE show. Here is the full card for the EVOLVE show:
*El Generico Vs Samuray Del Sol
*Chuck Taylor Vs Colt Cabana
*AR Fox Vs Bobby Fish
*Tommy Taylor Vs Jon Davis
*Johnny Gargano Vs Lince Dorado Vs Tony Nese Vs Alex Reynolds
*Sara Del Ray Vs Santana Garrett
*Caleb Konley & Scott Reed Vs Mike Cruz & Cheech
*John Silver Vs Jake Manning

**Lisa Marie Varon (Tara) did an interview with the Wrestling Observer website and was asked about the recent allegations made by Kenn Doane about a former Diva, who was married being with John Cena and then moved from Raw to Smackdown:

On a personal level, what KD said was mostly false, although there was a little truth. I have been with my husband for 20 years. He's the best guy in the world. But like any 20 year relationship, we have some good times and we have had some bad times. And anyone who I traveled with knows that. Because you learn intimate details about each other whether you want to or not. We have separated a few times. One of those times that we were separated, I dated John for about a month. It was not in 2006 or 2007. It was in 2002. It was when we were both in Louisville. I was married but separated. John was single. I was never his 'road girlfriend'. I know that when we were separated, my husband also dated a couple girls. That's what happens when you are separated. In 2002, it was common knowledge that John and I dated. It fed the rumor mills for people who have nothing better to do than gossip like old ladies. So for KD to use bits of information that he was only able to pick up because he was allowed in the inner circle of WWE, and smear me, when I only treated KD with respect, over an incident that he is upset about from 5 years ago, tells me that he didn't learn anything about 'backstage politics' and how it relates to being a decent human being.

**The WWE has combined shows all weekend long with both rosters starting in Monroe, Louisiana tonight and then to Lafayette on Saturday and Hidalgo, Texas on Sunday.

**Yesterday, in 1998, that the Hell in a Cell Match between The Undertaker and Mankind took place in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania at the ‘King of the Ring’. The bumps Foley took in that match were easily the most famous of his career but even he would admit he was never the same physically after that match and was forced to inject a lot more comedy into his character for his own longevity. The match can be argued for its positive and negative impact on the business – on the one hand it put Foley on a pedestal as this enduring legend to the audience and was replayed so many times that it became an iconic moment (and call by Jim Ross) that is one of the first images conjured up when reminiscing about the ‘Attitude Era’ but on the other it set the bar at a height so high that for anyone to try and match or surpass it was rolling the dice at the most extreme level pro wrestling had ever seen in North America. It would be an interesting question for Foley to address because he has been very vocal about how tired he is of discussing the match and the bumps taken and has never wanted his career to be defined by that night as a performer who had some incredible matches in his career and far surpassed the label of ‘stuntman’ that was bestowed upon him by Ric Flair.

**The WWE has updated their pay-per-view projections with WrestleMania 28 dropping to 1,150,000 buys and down from the originally reported figure of 1,300,000 buys (which would have the most purchased event in company history). The new number puts WrestleMania 23 from 2007 back on top as the most purchased event in WWE history. The current number for ‘Extreme Rules’ headlined by John Cena Vs Brock Lesnar is standing at 250,000 buys worldwide while the May ‘Over the Limit’ event featuring John Cena Vs John Laurinaitis is at 150,000 buys worldwide.

**Monday night’s edition of ‘Raw’ did a 3.28 rating and averaged 4,710,000 viewers, which is down from a 3.42 last week but still better than when they had more heavy competition a month ago.

**The Insane Clown Posse will be releasing their new album on August 14th entitled ‘The Might Death Pop’ and will feature a track named ‘Chris Benoit’ on it.

**The WWE is planning to have a ‘Great American Bash’ theme for next week’s ‘Smackdown’ to coincide with July 4th (even though next week’s Smackdown will be airing on July 6th). Teddy Long will also be the General Manager for both shows next week.

**The WWE has a big article on Lance Storm on their website in their latest ‘Where Are They Now?’ feature and promote his school in Calgary, Alberta.

**Independent wrestler Reby Sky posted the following statement regarding Sid’s appearance on ‘Raw’ Monday night:

That piece of shit Sid no-shows almost EVERY show in the last yr but prances onto Raw. Please tell us again how much u LOVE "the business."

Guess he managed not to "lose his wallet" this time. Sad thing is, now that he got 10 more mins of fame he'll get more bookings to NO-SHOW.

F*CK people like that. You f*ck with peoples' time, money & professional integrity because you're too much of a douche to keep your word.

I'm all for hustlin, but BLACKMAILING promotors into giving you more $ after threatening not to show then STILL not showing after they do...

Makes me sick. .

Following the comments made by Sky, Tammy ‘Sunny’ Sytch responded publically:

WOW! Just read something about Reby Sky, who is only known for being Matt Hardy's girlfriend going off about my good friend Sid Vicious…Like she has room to talk? Who is she? NO ONE! And she was completely disrespectful to the locker room at a show I was on with her… OOOHH just WAIT til I see her again..sh*t's gonna fly!

One thing I've always stood by, you always show respect for those who have seniority in this business.. she's too dumb and ignorant to know that.

I was raised Old-school by the right people, and she deserves an Old school ass whipping.... she disrespected me and the entire locker room on the show I was on with Matt... I'll never say I was on a show with HER. Matt and I have been friends for years....I'm surprised she hasn't learned a little bit.

Regardless if he no-shows or not, someone like her has no right to disrespect someone like him! Sid likes to play his softball...everyone knows it.

Sid also responded later on Twitter with:

Reby Sky can say whatever she wants. I don't mind. Since when has her opinion on me mattered? I'm not going argue or stoop to her level. Sorry

You guys do not realize how much last night meant to me. It felt great. It was the greatest moment of my life. Thank you! #RAW

Everyone is asking if that was my last WWE appearance. I am not sure yet. I will keep you updated.

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:19 pm 
Unthought Known

** Former five-time TNA Knockouts Champion Angelina Love has announced on Twitter that she has been granted her release
from TNA, and cites her departure as “completely amicable."

**TNA has released their posted for ‘Hardcore Justice’ on August 12th from Orlando, Florida with the tag line ‘Bound for Glory Series Goes Hardcore’. Both TNA’s July and August pay-per-view events will come the day after a UFC show with UFC 148 next weekend and then UFC 150 taking place on August 11th (Benson Henderson Vs Frankie Edgar).

**Bruno Sammartino was a special guest at the Ring of Honor event sat night in Rostraver, Pennsylvania. Sammartino was brought out for a tribute and the locker room surrounded the ring for the ceremony.

**Brock Lesnar is being advertised in the local market for the August 6th edition of ‘Raw’ from San Antonio, Texas.

**Kevin Nash has posted on Twitter that he will not be at the 1000th edition of ‘Raw’ because he will be on a family vacation. In other Nash related news he has a role in the ‘Magic Mike’ movie, which was released on Friday and stars Channing Tatum with Nash playing an aging stripper.

**Adam Cole won the Ring of Honor Television Title on Friday night in Baltimore, Maryland at the television tapings defeating Roderick Strong.

**Here are the results from the Ring of Honor event in Rostraver sat night:
*Jay Lethal over Kyle O’Reilly
*Mike Mondo over Mike Bennett, Mike Sydal and Kenny King
*Adam Cole over Pepper Parks in a Proving Ground Match
*Eddie Edwards over Tomasso Ciampa
*Jimmy Jacobs over BJ Whitmer by countout
*Charlie Haas over Rhett Titus
*Michael Elgin & Rhino over The Briscoe Brothers
*Kevin Steen over Roderick Strong to keep the ROH Title

**Here are the results from the Extreme Rising event in Philadelphia sat night at the National Guard Armoury:
*Perry Saturn over Papadon – Saturn reportedly suffered a stinger during the match and could not feel his left arm but finished the match
*The FBI over Los Dramaticos
*Balls Mahoney over CW Anderson
*Bestia 666 over Pescadilla in a 2/3 Falls Extreme Lucha Match
*Stevie Richards over Luke Hawx
*Sabu over Devon Storm
*The Gangstas over BLK Out
*Homicide over Jerry Lynn and Matt Hardy

**Mike Johnson from PWinsider.com was at the show sat night and reported that New Jack and Balls Mahoney got into a fight backstage prior to the show and had to be kept separated all night. The two have had problems for a long time now and nearly came to blows at the last set of shows in April and did this time around.

**EVOLVE finished up three straight nights of iPPV cards from Florida with their final show in Jacksonville with the following results:
*Caleb Konley & Scott Reed over Kennedy Kendrick & Damien Angel
*AR Fox over Tommy Taylor in a Style Battle Tournament Match
*Lince Dorado over AR Fox
*Alex Reynolds & John Silver over Mike Cruz & Cheech
*Jake Manning over Blain Rage
*Johnny Gargano over Tony Nese in a non-title match
*Samuray Del Sol over Chuck Taylor
*Jon Davis over Bobby Fish in a Style Battle Tournament Match

**Tonight ‘Raw’ is in Laredo, Texas with Teddy Long as the guest General Manager for the week. The show will feature Brock Lesnar’s answer to Triple H’s challenge but doubtful Lesnar will be at the show tonight (the way it is worded on their website is that there will be a response from the ‘camp’ of Lesnar). It is heavily rumoured that Diamond Dallas Page is in Laredo and will likely appear in some fashion on the show tonight with Page heavily teasing an appearance on his social media outlets. WWE.com is also listing a tag match with CM Punk & John Cena taking on Daniel Bryan & Chris Jericho for the show.

**The live edition of ‘Smackdown’ tomorrow night takes from Corpus Christi, Texas and billed as The Great America Bash. The show will feature a battle royal, a tag match with The Great Khali & Layla Vs Aksana & Antonio Cesaro and an appearance by Jim Duggan.

**There is a news item on WWE.com teasing a former champion or two adding themselves to the ‘Raw’ Money in the Bank match and could lead to Rey Mysterio’s return to television as his suspension has finished.

**Bret Hart turns 55-years old today.

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:54 pm 
Unthought Known

**Bobby Roode chats with Fight Network on his current title reign, his loss at Bound for Glory and more:

**The WWE and TNA are set to meet in court for a hearing on July 13th regarding TNA’s lawsuit they have filed in Nashville, Tennessee. The WWE was granted a motion earlier this week to have a restraining order against them overturned because they felt the language of the order was prejudicial against the WWE. The WWE also filed a motion to have the entire case dismissed last Thursday on various grounds including the notion that Ric Flair was fired by TNA before the suit was filed against the WWE.

**Dolph Ziggler and Cody Rhodes are the latest additions to the World Title Money in the Bank Ladder Match after Tuesday night’s edition of ‘Smackdown’. The two of them join Christian, Santino Marella, Damien Sandow, Tyson Kidd and Tensai in the match.

**Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez reported on ‘Wrestling Observer Radio’ that the WWE has made a play to once again get Bruno Sammartino into the WWE Hall of Fame for next year (and next year would be a great year to do it with Sammartino’s past in the Northeast). According to their report Triple H was the one to contact Sammartino and sell him on the idea of the reaction he would get from the audience but Sammartino is not interested in going into the Hall of Fame and has always stuck to his guns regarding his lack of desire to go into their Hall of Fame. Sal Corrente sent out a public message in response to the rumours stating that Sammartino had been contacted but was not going into the Hall of Fame next year. The last time the company made a huge play for Sammartino was in 2004 when they brought him to a ‘Raw’ taping in Pittsburgh and made the pitch for him and he declined. That same night the show was headlined by an Ironman Match between Chris Benoit and Triple H and went asked if he was staying for the main event Sammartino asked who was in the main event and when given the answer said he would have stayed if it was Benoit and Kurt Angle.

**The WWE is set to get some much needed depth on the star side with a number of performers just about set to return including Rey Mysterio (whose suspension concluded over a week ago), Mark Henry (who had a recent surgery) and Wade Barrett (who has been out since March and also required surgery). Randy Orton has just under a month remaining on his sixty-day suspension.

**Brock Lesnar and Bret Hart are both being advertised for the 1000th edition of ‘Raw’ in St. Louis, Missouri and you can expect a number of other major names to be on the show as they want as much star power as possible on this one.

**TNA has released Shannon Moore from his contract after Moore had requested his release.

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:24 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

p911gt10c wrote:
That same night the show was headlined by an Ironman Match between Chris Benoit and Triple H and went asked if he was staying for the main event Sammartino asked who was in the main event and when given the answer said he would have stayed if it was Benoit and Kurt Angle..

:haha: awesome

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:35 pm 
Unthought Known

**Viacom is in a dispute with DirecTV and has pulled its channels, including SpikeTV, meaning no Impact for viewers until this gets worked out. Other stations caught in the middle include MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, and VH-1.

**The Ring of Honor tag team titles were announced as vacant, following Kenny King's departure for TNA -- he had been half the tag champs with Rhett Titus. An eight-team tournament is scheduled for the next ROH TV taping.

**Bill Apter of 1wrestling.com reports that Dave ‘Fit’ Finlay has officially signed back with the WWE after he was released in March 2011. Finlay was let go from his agent’s role after a house show incident where Finlay was running the show and allowed The Miz to cut off the national anthem at the start of the show while members of the National Guard were in attendance and upset with the angle. Finlay has been rumoured to be returning since this past March but there were holdups on getting the deal finalized.

**The WWE has invested in Tout Industries, which produces a video sharing system that will be heavily prevalent on WWE platforms including television moving forward. The program designed by Tout allows users to post their own 15-second videos and share them across various social media platforms and others to respond with 15-second videos. The WWE is pushing interactivity as a major add on to ‘Raw’ once they expand to three-hours and the shows will begin to feature videos posted on Tout by both talent and fans.

**In a funny related note they have had Zack Ryder post a video on Tout asking fans what they would like to see him to on ‘Smackdown’ as the General Manager even though the show has already been taped.

**WWE ‘Raw’ on Monday night did a 3.2 rating and averaged 4,407,000 viewers going against the Home Run Derby.

**Ring of Honor has announced The Young Bucks as the second team to be a part of the tag title tournament joining The Briscoe Brothers. The tournament quarter-finals will take place August 3rd in Baltimore at the next set of television tapings.

**Here is the updated card for the WWE ‘Money in the Bank’ event this Sunday night in Phoenix, Arizona:
*CM Punk Vs Daniel Bryan with AJ as the Guest Referee for the WWE Title
*Sheamus Vs Alberto Del Rio for the World Title
*John Cena Vs Kane Vs Big Show Vs Chris Jericho in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match for the WWE Title shot
*Tensai Vs Damian Sandow Vs Christian Vs Santino Marella Vs Dolph Ziggler Vs Cody Rhodes Vs Tyson Kidd Vs Sin Cara in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match for the World Title shot
*R-Truth & Kofi Kingston Vs Camacho & Huncio for the Tag Titles (YouTube pre-show) – I thought Darren Young & Titus O’Neil were the #1 contenders?

**Rey Mysterio is expected back at the 1000th WWE RAW on July 23.

**Word is that WWE has gone on a signing spree of sorts, signing up "The Queen of Wrestling" Sara Del Rey -- which explains the sudden loss of the SHIMMER tag titles in Montreal on the weekend, as well PWinsider.com was the first to report that the WWE has signed international star Pac (Ben Satterly) to a contract. Pac debuted in 2004 and has worked all over the world with Dragon Gate in both Japan and the in the U.S. along with Pro Wrestling Guerilla and competed in this past spring’s Best of the Super Juniors tournament with New Japan Pro Wrestling. It is unknown if he will be starting in developmental but the usual protocol is that regardless of experience the company wants their talent to go through the Florida Championship Wrestling system and would expect he will report to Florida first.

**TNA has officially served legal papers against Scott Steiner for comments he made via Twitter over the past few months against Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff. The lawsuit notes the comments Scott Steiner made were considered slander.

**Former WWE performer Serena Deeb was arrested this past Sunday in Tampa, Florida for operating a boat while under the influence.

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:48 pm 
Unthought Known

**The WWE website reported on Friday that Dolph Ziggler, Zack Ryder and Justin Roberts were involved in a car accident when they were leaving the San Diego Comic Con and their limousine was rear-ended. All are said to be okay and not expected to miss any time including Ziggler at tomorrow night’s pay-per-view.

**At this past Thursday’s ‘NXT’ tapings at Full Sail University they began a tournament to crown the first NXT Champion featuring both FCW talent and lower card WWE performers including Drew McIntyre, Jinder Mahal and Michael McGillicutty.

**Davey Richards is apparently planning a hiatus from Ring of Honor.

**It appears that Kharma (Kia Stevens, a.k.a. Awesome Kong) and WWE have parted ways.

**UFC star Chael Sonnen dismissed any rumors of a move to the WWE in USA Today, saying he'd go to the WWE as a fan, "but I go back to my promoter Dana White at the end of the night."

**This past Thursday’s edition of ‘Impact Wrestling’ was hurt by the DirecTV blackout with the show only averaging an audience of 1,100,000 (their lowest mark in two-years for overall audience). In comparison last week’s show averaged 1,490,000 viewers so they were down 26%, which is slightly more than would have been expected. DirecTV affected approximately 20,000,000 homes with the blackout, who could not access the show on Thursday.

**Austin Aries Vs Bobby Roode for the TNA Title will headline ‘Hardcore Justice’ on August 12th in Orlando, Florida. The two will also have a non-title singles match next week on ‘Impact’.

**WWE.com has an interview up with Vince McMahon discussing 1,000 episodes of ‘Raw’.

**The upcoming movie ‘The Man With the Iron Fists’ will be hitting theatres on November 2nd featuring Cung Le and Dave Bautista in feature roles alongside the lead Russell Crowe.

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:26 pm 
Unthought Known

**Chavo Guerrero Jr. signed a deal with TNA. He was a part of the spin-off promotion in India, and his uncle Hector, is one of the Spanish broadcasters.

**Hulk Hogan underwent another back surgery. We believe this is his ninth.

**CM Punk is lobbying through Twitter to have Jim Ross call Punk's WWE title defense against John Cena on Monday's 1000th edition of Raw.

**Austin Aries signed a new contract with TNA

**"Sunny" Tammy Sytch entered WWE-sponsored rehab. On his Facebook page, Rob Feinstein of RF Video posted about it: "I want to take this time to really put over the WWE as many people don't know how quick they work and this needs to get out there. I am not writing this to put myself over, I am putting over the WWE. Yesterday when we finished the interview with Tammy I made a quick phone call to Tommy Dreamer and told him that Tammy wanted to go to rehab ASAP. He made one call to them on a Sunday and within 30 minutes she was booked with in 24 hours and the WWE had her picked up today as well. The WWE needs alot of credit on how fast they acted and it is a good thing that they do this for anyone that has worked for the company."

**Tonight TNA ‘Impact’ is live from Orlando, Florida headlined by Austin Aries Vs Bobby Roode in a non-title match and the return of ‘Open Fight Night’ tonight. They are also bringing back the Gut Check challenge even though they didn’t mention it on the broadcast last week when promoting the next week’s events. Spike TV will not be airing ‘Rewind’ tonight and may be done after only one-week on the station and doing well below the station average for that time slot.

**Raymond Rafool, the attorney for Elizabeth Huberdeau told TMZ.com on Wednesday that the divorce between his client and John Cena has been settled and the terms were reached amicably.

**The WWE has set up a ton of big events for next week’s ‘Raw’ in St. Louis for the 1000th episode with the following announced for the show as of right now:
*CM Punk Vs John Cena for the WWE Title
*Brock Lesnar returns to answer Triple H’s challenge
*DX Reunion with Shawn Michaels and Triple H (wouldn’t surprise me if they reach out to Billy Gunn and Sean Waltman for this as well and Road Dogg is there already)
*The return of The Rock
*Daniel Bryan and AJ’s wedding
*The announcement of the new General Managers for ‘Raw’ and ‘Smackdown’
*Christian defends the Intercontinental Title

**In case three-hours isn’t enough for you on Monday the WWE has announced a thirty-minute pre-show to air on WWE.com and their YouTube channel at 7:30pm EST leading into the 1,000th edition of the show.

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:59 am 
Landry

The Rock is a professional athlete doing things worth watching.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:36 am 
Unthought Known

**Kelly Kelly is expected to make her return at tomorrow's WWE RAW.

**Davey Richards is rumored to be returning fulltime to Ring of Honor.

**Kurt Angle was married on Friday to his girlfriend, Giovanna and the couple is also expecting their second child.

**WWE will air a WWE RAW pre-show live on WWE.com and Youtube this coming Monday before RAW.

**Matt Morgan has changed his Twitter handle to remove ‘TNA’ from the handle and has posted numerous hints that he is going to the WWE when they can bring him in. The major hurdle right now is the ongoing lawsuit between the two companies where the WWE outright said they were not interested in bringing in any TNA talent and would hurt their case to do so right now and that is the same boat Ric Flair finds himself in as you have to imagine there will be a spot for Flair in some capacity when he can be signed.

**Hulk Hogan has posted on Twitter that he never signed a contract with Northeast Wrestling (the most successful and consistent independent in the U.S. right now) to appear on their September 22nd event in Fishkill, New York at Dutchess Stadium. Hogan is still being advertised for the show on the promotion’s website.

**Kurt Angle will be working AAA’s huge ‘TripleMania’ show on August 5th in Mexico City where he will team with Jeff Jarrett and managed by Karen Jarrett in a tag match against L.A. Park & Electroshock.

**News came out last week that apparently the WWE let their ownership of the ‘ECW’ letters slip and a company out of the Northeast has scooped up the rights to the name (and likely to face a court battle from the WWE if I was guessing). Paul Heyman took to Twitter and posted the following rant regarding this upstart group planning to promote themselves as ‘ECW’:

Letters don't mean anything. WWE's #ECW wasn't ECW. Any1 can buy letters. Big deal. ECW was based on ORIGINAL IDEAS! It's called "having an imagination." Obviously, trying to be a duplicate ripoff of the past is not "new" or "original" nor "game changing." #ECW was a product of its time. When I wrote @WWE #Smackdown in 2002/03, I didn't try to duplicate ECW. You move on with the times, people. #ECW One Night Stand was supposed to be a ONE NIGHT STAND. Not a way to re-marry your ex. If someone wants to take a try at re-doing #ECW, knock yourself out. Go for it. Maybe ur investment is smarter doing something NEW!!!

**Vince McMahon spoke with The Hollywood Reporter to promote Raw’s 1000th episode. When asked about competition from the UFC McMahon stated that they were show business and UFC is a sport and took a knock at them stating that the UFC’s television numbers are ‘abysmal’ and that they just did 1.3 million buys for WrestleMania (which was the original trending number but the buys look to have fallen short of that initial figure) and that PPV is up 30% since ‘Mania (both Extreme Rules and Over the Limit were up year over year). The full interview is up at http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/v ... raw-351254.

**The ‘Raw’ crew has a show in Springfield, Missouri today while the ‘Smackdown’ crew is in Omaha, Nebraska and then both crews head to St. Louis for ‘Raw’ tomorrow night.

**Ring of Honor has announced that they are returning with an iPPV event on August 11th with a card entitled ‘Boiling Point’ from Providence, Rhode Island and will be going head to head that night with the UFC 150 card. The following matches have been announced for the show:
*Kevin Steen Vs Eddie Kingston for the ROH Title
*The Briscoe Brothers Vs Jimmy Jacobs & Steve Corino
*Jay Lethal Vs Tomasso Ciampa
*Michael Elgin Vs Charlie Haas

**Adam Pearce defeated Colt Cabana for the NWA Title in Kansas City last night for Metro Pro Wrestling. This was Match # 4 in their ‘Seven Levels of Hate’ series with Cabana leading the series 3-1 following last night’s result.

**Samoa Joe and Magnus won the GHC Tag Titles earlier today at the Pro Wrestling NOAH card in Tokyo, Japan defeating Jun Akiyama and Akitoshi Saito. TNA and NOAH are working together with Christopher Daniels also being sent over for this current tour but no word on any NOAH talent being sent to TNA in exchange.

**It was on this date in 2001 that the WWE held the most successful non-WrestleMania pay-per-view in their history with the ‘Invasion’ event from Cleveland, Ohio. The card was headlined by Team WWF (Steve Austin & The Undertaker & Kane & Chris Jericho & Kurt Angle) Vs Team Alliance (Diamond Dallas Page & Rhino & The Dudley Boyz & Booker T) and did over 700,000 buys and was the high point of the invasion storyline that summer.

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:35 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

p911gt10c wrote:
was the high point of the invasion storyline that summer.

which wasn't very high to begin with. what a waste.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:44 pm 
Unthought Known

Haha, Invisible Grenade

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:00 pm 
Unthought Known

**WWE RAW Monday night averaged 4.5 million viewers.

**Thursday's TNA Impact Wrestling earned a 1.09 cable rating with 1.58 million viewers.

**There was plenty of outrage backstage over Abraham Washington’s rape joke made during the Titus O’Neil Vs Kofi Kingston match on ‘Raw’ last night. TMZ was quick to pick up the story and WWE issued a statement that they have taken the proper disciplinary actions and AW also apologized on Twitter for the comment he made. I’m sure we will know by the end of today whether or not Washington will still have a job but one of the key factors is that his gimmick is having a live microphone on the air and I cannot see them giving him that allowance after this major screw-up and if he cannot do the gimmick than it negates his value for the company. Where I could see the company really flipping out is if a TMZ or some opponents of Linda McMahon decide to not only jump on this story but go back and look at past rape based storylines in the company archives (there was actually one involving Linda with Eric Bischoff in the summer of 2003 where Bischoff broke into her home).

**John Laurinaitis is stepping down as Senior Vice President of Talent Operations after eight-years in the position where he succeeded Jim Ross. The announcement was made on WWE.com that Laurinaitis has been burnt out from the job but will remain with the company and going on the road as a producer putting together matches. After Laurinaitis concluded his in-ring career he took a position in WCW in 2000 as a road agent and got very good feedback from talent that worked with him particularly putting together finishes so provided he still has a good mind for that aspect he will be a big asset on the road.

**The current card for ‘SummerSlam’ on August 19th in Los Angeles looks like this:
*Brock Lesnar Vs Triple H (not sure if this will go on last but based on last night I fully believe the card is going to draw on the strength of this program)
*CM Punk Vs John Cena Vs Big Show for the WWE Title
*Sheamus Vs Alberto Del Rio for the World Title

It also looks pretty certain that Charlie Sheen will be involved in the show in some form and based on the angle last night it looks like Daniel Bryan Vs Kane with Sheen either in Kane’s corner or involved some other way.

**As mentioned throughout ‘Raw’ there was a fire inside the U.S. Bank Arena to one of the side panels of the entrance area with the crowd being evacuated. There were numerous Touts from talent covering the fire and got some local publicity. The show was still able to start on time at 8pm EST and no one was hurt. There was a similar situation at the TNA ‘Hard Justice’ event in August 2006 when a burlap bag in the rafters caught fire from some of the pyro and the crowd had to be evacuated during the live pay-per-view and the company had to cancel matches and book on the fly as they remained on the air using video packages and guys cutting promos outside the building to fill time.

**Kyle O’Reilly has a lengthy blog on his website discussing an incident from this past weekend involving Davey Richards, Tony Kozina and himself on a set of shows in Iowa.

**The Undertaker will be making a rare appearance this Wednesday at the FCW tapings and doing a meet and greet with VIP ticket holders.

**Sal Corrente has announced that Bruno Sammartino will be appearing at WrestleCon next April for WrestleMania weekend in the New York / New Jersey area.

**The WWE will be putting out a ’50 Greatest Finishing Moves in WWE History’ on August 21st on DVD and Blu Ray.

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:34 pm 
Unthought Known

**Dixie Carter posted on Facebook that "Impact will remain live thru September."

**WWE Diva Rosa Mendes told San Antonio police that her fiance, former WWE wrestler Jackson Andrews (real name Andy Slocum), is abusive and she is afraid he will kill her. Police were called the San Antonio Airport after Mendes was found crying in a bathroom. She reportedly told police that he had "hit her serveral times in their shared residence in Las Vegas."

**Wade Barrett is back on the road with WWE.

**WWE is trying to shop a Saturday morning show with a mix of new matches and highlights from that week's RAW and Smackdown.

**Undertaker and Michelle McCool are expecting a baby.

**Robert Maillet, a.k.a. Kurrgan in WWE, has been cast in a new movie, The Mortal Instruments:City of Bones.

**Chris Jericho is expected to take another hiatus from WWE for a lengthy tour with Fozzy.

**From Prison to Promise: Life Before The Squared Circle is the title for Booker T's autobiography, which will be released on September 1.

**Kelly Kelly on the cover of the 2013 Maxim calendar.

**The CM Punk DVD / Blu Ray is scheduled for release on October 9th and the company has released a trailer featuring ROH and IWA footage and interviews with Paul Heyman, Lita, Michael Hayes, Joey Mercury, John Cena, Kofi Kingston and John Cena:

**Despite joking online about it JBL has set the record straight that he is not coming back to ‘Smackdown’ to replace Booker T as a commentator.

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:29 am 
Unthought Known

**Abraham Washington (real name Brian Jossie) has been released by the WWE with the company citing continual comments he has made on live television and on social media. Jossie was on extremely thin ice following the Kobe Bryant joke he made on the July 31st edition of ‘Raw’ but kept his job after the incident and was even put on ‘Raw’ this past Monday with a live microphone. The comment that sealed his fate was a tweet this stating that All World Promotions supported Linda McMahon in her Senate race and obviously the company is extremely cautious about anyone within their company discussing Linda’s election and coupled with the Kobe line it led to his release. Rather than go out quietly Jossie went off on the company on Twitter for being fired over a joke. He brought up past incidents where Vince McMahon used the ‘n’ word at the 2005 ‘Survivor Series’ in a skit with John Cena and Booker T, Big Show making a Kobe Bryant reference in a battle rap with John Cena, their humiliation of Jim Ross on television, CM Punk telling a fan to kill himself on Twitter and DX saying ‘suck it’ among his many examples of a double standard. His example of Punk’s comment on Twitter is valid (and an even better one is Punk using a homosexual slur at a house show that got a lot of attention) as double standards but in the other examples those were all scripted segments and likely approved ahead of time (and in the Big Show example not only was that line probably approved but also aired on a taped show so it could have been edited out if deemed offensive). I do feel bad for Jossie and even worse for Titus O’Neil and Darren Young, who were getting some steam and Jossie was a major part of their act but Jossie just made poor judgWHment tweeting about Linda considering what he avoided the week prior and was already in hot water to begin with. Jossie has stated he is going into stand up comedy and will have even worse jokes about Vince McMahon than his Kobe Bryant joke.

**Abraham Washington (Brian Jossie) getting everything out of his system:

If I smoked crack or did steroids I'd get suspended but I made a joke and tweeted support Linda and Igetfired. #Doesn'tAddUp #Hmmmmm.

They didn't do shit to Randy Orton when he called Kelly Kelly a slut, you see the double standard? Fuck politics. #AWForLife.

Im a HUGE Cena fan, but Cena made fatjokes w/ King, genitalia jokes n homo jokes. Orton bashes K2, Vince mocks JR! #FuckUWWE

so stealing a car, having a yng girl trying to fuck 3 guys at once and not to mntion the Tensai thing is ok, but no jokes? #B

So Vince can continually bash @JRsBBQ by teasing his ball palsy but yet your comments where deemed worse? Beastarmy ass.

VINCE MCMAHON CAN SAY THE "N" WORD ON NATIONAL T.V. BUT @AWPromotions CAN'T TELL A JOKE.............whats wrong with this picture???

You said one Kobe Bryant rape joke and you got fired. Isn't Mike Tyson a convicted rapist? Yet he is in the HoF. Hypocrisy.

Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to my fucking non PG world!!! Where all bets are off and I tell it like it is. Fuck the Bull Shit, I'm legit!"

**New Japan Pro Wrestling has announced that they have signed Kazushi Sakuraba to a deal, which could lead to a lot of interest within the country with the current depressed state of MMA within Japan. Sakuraba began his career as a professional wrestler and trained under Karl Gotch and working for the UWFi before he transitioned over to mixed martial arts full time. Sakuraba was the most important figure when it came to the rise of PRIDE over a decade ago following his legendary fight with Royce Gracie and subsequent fights with other members of the Gracie family where he became ‘The Gracie Hunter’. Business continued to climb with Sakuraba’s series of fights with Wanderlei Silva and took PRIDE to the next level where they could fill the Tokyo Dome and heights no one ever envisioned for the upstart organization. Unfortunately Sakuraba frequently took fights that were just crazy and gave up too much size and the damage added up. He lost his last four MMA fights with the most recent coming last September for the DREAM organization.

**CM Punk recently tweeted his displeasure with Nike signing UFC's Jon Jones to a big endorsement deal, with Punk noting Jones was recently arrested for drunk driving. ESPN Radio's Colin Cowherd noted that Punk doesn’t have the right to criticize people in other sports because of all the deaths in professional wrestling.

**Former Strikeforce champion King Mo is in Lousiville training for a debut with TNA.

**TNA has relaunched their on-demand service at TNAOnDemand.com.

**The WWE has also released developmental talent Sofia Cortez (real name Ivelisse Velez) in a strange move as Cortez seemed like a lock to be called up at some point to the main roster. Velez had worked in Puerto Rico and then made it onto last year’s ‘Tough Enough’ series and signed a developmental deal after the show concluded.

**The WWE is playing up Booker T cancelling the World Title Match for ‘SummerSlam’ between Sheamus and Alberto Del Rio with a video post on WWE.com. It's expected that the match to be put back on the card Monday night with either a stipulation or Randy Orton figured into the match.

**According to Kurt Angle he is going to get into politics and seek office with his first step to run for Mayor and eventually become a Governor, this man is fantastic.

**The WWE will be airing their annual one-hour WrestleMania special on NBC Saturday August 25th at 9pm EST.

**Lisa Marie Varon posted a video online about being banned from the Chicago Comic Con due to pressure from WWE to not allow TNA talent to appear:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:11 pm 
Unthought Known

**Reports say that Kharma's recent release by the WWE was due to WWE's displeasure with her training for returning to the ring being poor.

*WWE is debating on how to move forward with Primo and Epico with the recent news of Rosa Mendes abuse that broke last week.

**It is rumored that TNA talent is putting pressure on TNA executives to release Brooke Hogan's of her position (as head of the Knockout division). They feel she has no experience, her fame as a reality show start has worn out.

**T.O.W. in Montreal has set up a dream match in Montreal for September 21, with Lufisto taking on TNA's Tara. Roddy Piper and Abdullah the Butcher will also be at the show. http://www.towlutte.com

**WWE has inked the younger brother of Alberto Del Rio, Memo Montenegro, to a developmental deal. Their father is famed lucha libre star Dos Caras and their uncle is Mil Mascaras.

**Kevin Rudolf will be at SummerSlam live to perform his catchy hit -- and SummerSlam theme song -- "Don't Give Up."

**Linda McMahon won the Republican Primary vote against Chris Shays and will challenge for the Senate seat held by Connecticut Senator Joseph (Joe) Lieberman in November, taking on Democrat Chris Murphy.

**CM Punk spoke to TMZ and was asked about the firing of Abraham Washington and said he doesn’t find rape jokes funny and the company was justified to release him but is never happy to see someone lose their job.

**The ‘SummerSlam’ card currently has seven matches scheduled (plus the YouTube pre-show match) with Damien Sandow Vs Brodus Clay and Cody

**TNA announced Hulk Hogan’s return to television next week at 8pm EST to start the show with the tease of a big brawl between Aces and Eights and the TNA locker room to start off the show.

**Taryn Terrell of all people debuted last night on ‘Impact’ as the mystery guest referee for the Madison Rayne Vs Miss Tessmacher match with Tessmacher winning back the Knockout’s Title. For those unfamiliar (and there seemed to be a building full of them last night) she worked as ‘Tiffany’ in the WWE from 2008-10 as the assistant to Teddy Long and later as the General Manager of ECW. She was married to Drew McIntyre but following an incident where she attacked McIntyre and was arrested the two divorced shortly thereafter and Terrell was eventually released from the company. Terrell has a role in ‘The Campaign’ that is in theatres right now.

**Christina Crawford, the younger sister of Alicia Fox was released this past week from her WWE developmental deal. Crawford was working in FCW prior to last year’s ‘Tough Enough’ where she was put onto the show before returning to FCW. It’s amazing that the legacy of that season of ‘Tough Enough’ is going to be the fact that the very first elimination (Ariane Andrews), who was the butt of all the jokes for her Melina Vs Alicia Fox comment is the only one to make it of all the contestants (and the fact that Austin Aries was turned down for the show).

**The ‘Raw’ tapings on Monday night are in Fresno, California and then ‘Smackdown’ tapes Tuesday night in Bakersfield.

**Trish Stratus will be releasing ‘Stratusphere Yoga for Men’ on DVD this October.

**Former NFL player and WCW talent Steve McMichael is planning to run for mayor in Romeoville, Illinois. The election takes place next spring and has yet to officially enter the race.

**Kurt Angle randomly tweeted Saturday night that if he is used as a top guy in TNA he will stay with the company and if not then he will make a business decision. Angle signed a multi-year extension last year with TNA and wouldn’t be able to leave anytime soon if he wanted to (unless it’s to pursue politics of course).

**The roster of playable characters for WWE ’13 was announced on Saturday by THQ with the list of current stars and the Attitude Era stars in the game. Kharma and The Bella Twins are all in the game despite no longer being with the company while Natalya was not included (and that’s a significant monetary hit to be left out of the game). Among the Attitude Era stars in the game are The Road Warriors, Ken Shamrock, Mike Tyson, New Age Outlaws, Vader and Trish Stratus.

**We send our thoughts out to Dutch Mantel and his entire family following the passing of Mantel’s granddaughter, Amelia. She was driving and was hit by a speeding car and died instantly with the other drive also be killed in the accident. She was only 16-years old and it’s a really sad story.

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:58 pm 
Unthought Known

**The WWE is holding tryouts in California, which began on Monday with Jim Ross, William Regal and Bill DeMott among those evaluating prospective talent.

**Chris Jericho is done for the foreseeable future following ‘Raw’ monday night. Fozzy has already begun their tour for the newly released ‘Sin and Bones’ album. Fozzy has a really busy scheduled (although interestingly enough there are no Monday night dates on the tour). They are pretty well booked solid until the end of September where they will get six-weeks off and then return in November and tour until the end of 2012 and into 2013. Now we will get a hundred Jericho interviews where he will be asked when he is coming back.

**CM Punk will be in Winter Park, Florida on Thursday for the next set of ‘NXT’ tapings.

**Davey Richards has been announced for the ROH ‘Death Before Dishonor X’ event on September 15th in Chicago Ridge, Illinois. Richards is scheduled to address the ROH audience rather than working a match on the show.

**Jim Ross was in Los Angeles all weekend for the ‘SummerSlam’ events and also conducted a sit down interview last Thursday with CM Punk and Steve Austin together to promote the WWE ’13 video game. Ross referred to the interview as a ‘classic’ on Twitter and was ‘respectfully combative’. It is unknown where the interview will air or when. The interview was said to be about four-hours.

**FCW talent Brad Maddox debuted on ‘Raw’ last night as a referee and has been under a developmental deal since 2010.

**Here is an interview that Mark Madden conducted last week with Paul Heyman on his radio program out of Pittsburgh discussing SummerSlam and more.

**As mentioned on ‘Raw’ monday night Punk will surpass the 1993 title reign of Yokozuna, 2004/05 reign of JBL and 2005/06 reign of John Cena as WWE Champion next Monday when Punk hits 281-days as WWE Champion. I really like how they continually bring up these statistics and make it an impressive feat of how long he is holding the title and is something they have rarely done over the past decade when it comes to emphasizing lengthy title runs. The next longest reigns for Punk to surpass are Diesel’s 1995 1994/95 reign (358-days), Hulk Hogan’s 1989/90 reign (364-days), Randy Savage’s 1988/89 reign (371-days) and John Cena’s 2006/07 reign (380-days).

**Here is an interview with Jim Ross on Yahoo Sports Radio from this past Saturday heading into SummerSlam and discussing the roster, the buildup to the card and more.

Quote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2808 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports