Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Official "GrimmaceXX Is Forced To Eat Crow" Thread
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:05 am 
Hipster doofus

WorldWithYourHeart wrote:
tryinmorning wrote:
I deserved a Stanley Cup, 3 NBA championships, 2 World Series and 3 Superbowls in my life. I'm only 36 and I deserve more.

Hey guys, sorry to interrupt. I rarely post outside of GD but I just thought I should notify you that this post reeks of gayness and is probably the gayest post on this board. Yupp... thanks for your time and back to your regular sports talk.

If you post primarily in GD, that makes you primarily gay. :wave:

Dude don't wave at me like that, I'm sorry but even if I was gay I would DESERVE MORE than a New England Choke Artists' fan.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:46 am 
Of Counsel

tryinmorning wrote:
tryinmorning wrote:
I deserved a Stanley Cup, 3 NBA championships, 2 World Series and 3 Superbowls in my life. I'm only 36 and I deserve more.

Hey guys, sorry to interrupt. I rarely post outside of GD but I just thought I should notify you that this post reeks of gayness and is probably the gayest post on this board. Yupp... thanks for your time and back to your regular sports talk.

Dude don't wave at me like that, I'm sorry but even if I was gay I would DESERVE MORE than a New England Choke Artists' fan.

Hey, emo boy. I have no problem with you ripping on this dude, but don't take anything away from my Giants' victory by saying that the Pats choked. They didn't. They got their asses whooped.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:56 am 
Hipster doofus

punkdavid wrote:
tryinmorning wrote:
tryinmorning wrote:

Hey, emo boy. I have no problem with you ripping on this dude, but don't take anything away from my Giants' victory by saying that the Pats choked. They didn't. They got their asses whooped.

There's no doubt the Pats and Brady got their asses knocked to the ground, but I'd still consider it a choke... with the Giants' D wrapped around their necks.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:40 am 
Of Counsel

tryinmorning wrote:
punkdavid wrote:
tryinmorning wrote:
tryinmorning wrote:

There's no doubt the Pats and Brady got their asses knocked to the ground, but I'd still consider it a choke... with the Giants' D wrapped around their necks.

I prefer to envision it it with Justin Tuck sitting on Brady's neck with his nuts in Brady's mouth.

"Don't talk with your mouth full, motherfucker!"

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index ... r-bowl-win

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:33 am 
Supersonic

this thread is pure gold.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:55 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 WWW  Profile

Gold Jerry...GOLD!

:wave:

Check us out - THE RODDIES

EllisEamos wrote:
they're fuckin' losers!!! they (patriots) deserved to be boo-ed!!!

:haha:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:38 pm 
Supersonic

cawww cawww

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:27 pm 
Force of Nature

punkdavid wrote:
tryinmorning wrote:
punkdavid wrote:
tryinmorning wrote:
tryinmorning wrote:

I prefer to envision it it with Justin Tuck sitting on Brady's neck with his nuts in Brady's mouth.

how can any of you call yourself football knowledgable when you say the Giants kicked the Pats ass? They won by 3 points in the last minute, with very fortunate breaks. I'm not taking anything away from the Giants, but at least call it what it is. Otherwise, you have zero credibility.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:37 pm 
Force of Nature

punkdavid wrote:
tryinmorning wrote:
punkdavid wrote:
tryinmorning wrote:
tryinmorning wrote:

how can any of you call yourself football knowledgable when you say the Giants kicked the Pats ass? They won by 3 points in the last minute, with very fortunate breaks. I'm not taking anything away from the Giants, but at least call it what it is. Otherwise, you have zero credibility.

I think it has more to do with how badly the Giants beat up Brady on almost every play. They literaly kicked his ass down almost every time he went to pass. So it was only three points but if watched the whole game you saw the Giants man-handle the Pats

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:18 pm 
Of Counsel

stevenvill wrote:
punkdavid wrote:
tryinmorning wrote:
punkdavid wrote:
tryinmorning wrote:
tryinmorning wrote:

I think it has more to do with how badly the Giants beat up Brady on almost every play. They literaly kicked his ass down almost every time he went to pass. So it was only three points but if watched the whole game you saw the Giants man-handle the Pats

The stat was something like 54 dropbacks, 23 knockdowns.

And I don't use the term lightly. The Patriots were probably the better team, all things considered. It took the Giants kicking their ass to get a victory. If the Pats won by 3, nobody would have called it an ass kicking. If they won by 20, they would have.

There were very few mistakes on either side of the ball, and they basically cancelled each other out. Penalties were not a major factor, nor were bad calls by the officials. The Giants just outplayed the Pats on nearly every snap of the ball. It was necessary to keep the game close and allow the Giants late victory. If they had not outplayed them so consistently, the Pats would have won. If the Pats had beat the Ginats on nearly every snap, it would have been a Pats rout.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:27 pm 
Supersonic

At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is the championship. Anything short of that is a big failure.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:33 pm 
Unthought Known

punkdavid wrote:

And I don't use the term lightly. The Patriots were probably the better team, all things considered. It took the Giants kicking their ass to get a victory. If the Pats won by 3, nobody would have called it an ass kicking. If they won by 20, they would have.

There were very few mistakes on either side of the ball, and they basically cancelled each other out. Penalties were not a major factor, nor were bad calls by the officials. The Giants just outplayed the Pats on nearly every snap of the ball. It was necessary to keep the game close and allow the Giants late victory. If they had not outplayed them so consistently, the Pats would have won. If the Pats had beat the Ginats on nearly every snap, it would have been a Pats rout.

True. The Giants defensive front deserves the MVP trophy. From the first snap to the last those guys won the game. The Pats offense averaged over 30 a game and scored 14. The Pats defense averaged 17. something a game and gave up 17.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:21 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 WWW  Profile

Patriots = Ass Kicked by Giants.

(See Tom Brady to Randy Moss on sideline - 6:45 mark of 2nd Quarter. "This is Fucking Crazy.")

EllisEamos wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:29 pm 
Force of Nature

Self Polluted wrote:
punkdavid wrote:

True. The Giants defensive front deserves the MVP trophy. From the first snap to the last those guys won the game. The Pats offense averaged over 30 a game and scored 14. The Pats defense averaged 17. something a game and gave up 17.

I just watched that game in full. It really was an evenly matched game.
see the team stats: http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/gamecente ... 203_NYG@NE
really even mostly across the board.
I know you guys like to talk about ass whooping and Brady getting beat up, etc. but Manning was almost pressured as bad - he was sacked 3 times and fumbled twice, and who knows how many hurries/ hits. Brady had a real gutsy performance considering the pressure.

To me it came down to that amazing last drive. Also, the Pats really blew an oppurtunity to tie the game at the end w/ a FG, if they just tried to get yardage in chunks, and maybe take one chance deep.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:44 pm 
Administrator

This thread won't be complete until Grimmace posts in it....

Maybe I'll have to cheat and post for him. :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:04 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 WWW  Profile

$úñ_DëV|L wrote:

NO NO NO!!!!

Can you send him an alert to see this thread? That would be funny...

EllisEamos wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:36 pm 
AnalLog

$úñ_DëV|L wrote:

Be sure to use all caps and way too many periods. Oh, and be sure to sound like a total douchebag as well.

Always do the right thing.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:43 pm 
Got Some

I'm beginning to think the hometown team losing the Super Bowl may not have been a bad thing.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:48 pm 
Unthought Known

ms11781 wrote:
I'm beginning to think the hometown team losing the Super Bowl may not have been a bad thing.

No, it was bad. I saw it, and it was bad. :oops:

How do you mean, not bad?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:53 pm 
Got Some

Self Polluted wrote:
ms11781 wrote:

No, it was bad. I saw it, and it was bad. :oops:

How do you mean, not bad?

The Patriots lost but look what all of us here won!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports