Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1070 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 54  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Official Boston Celtics Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:04 am
Posts: 12383
Gender: Male
Defend title No. 17!

EDIT: Changed name of thread; we only need one Celts thread, not one for each season.

_________________
RIP Mr. Dirty Frank


Last edited by Coach on Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official 2008-09 Boston Celtics Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Administrator
 Profile

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:53 pm
Posts: 20537
Location: The City Of Trees
I'll just do what I usually do when a new Sox thread is started, and keep it simple:

Go Celtics.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official 2008-09 Boston Celtics Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
BLOODY FKKN RED TEAM FAN
 Profile

Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:57 pm
Posts: 5610
Location: Still in the D.
Green Habit wrote:
I'll just do what I usually do when a new Sox thread is started, and keep it simple:

Go Celtics.


Me too.....Go Fuck Yourselves......

_________________
EllisEamos wrote:
intelegence



J88Ryan everywhere else.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official 2008-09 Boston Celtics Thread
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:11 am 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:04 am
Posts: 12383
Gender: Male
Green Habit wrote:
I'll just do what I usually do when a new Sox thread is started, and keep it simple:

Go Celtics.


:thumbsup:

_________________
RIP Mr. Dirty Frank


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official 2008-09 Boston Celtics Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:04 am
Posts: 12383
Gender: Male
Posey news........

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball ... year_deal/

_________________
RIP Mr. Dirty Frank


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official 2008-09 Boston Celtics Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Camden Crew
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:59 am
Posts: 9057
Location: Camden, NJ
jesus, TOO EARLY!! keep enjoying the last one damnit

_________________
Frank Parisan was my friend. He was my Camden Brudda. He will be missed


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official 2008-09 Boston Celtics Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:04 am
Posts: 12383
Gender: Male
Dope!

from boston.com:

"Celtics free agent James Posey signed a four-year deal with New Orleans today, according to his agent Mark Bartelstien."

Now, who do we get to replace Posey? Can he be replaced?

_________________
RIP Mr. Dirty Frank


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official 2008-09 Boston Celtics Thread
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:37 am 
Offline
User avatar
Administrator
 Profile

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:53 pm
Posts: 20537
Location: The City Of Trees
I don't care--this video still has to go on the first page of this thread:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official 2008-09 Boston Celtics Thread
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Winner: 2007+2009 Other Bands Cover Contest
 Profile

Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:50 pm
Posts: 2792
Coach wrote:
Dope!

from boston.com:

"Celtics free agent James Posey signed a four-year deal with New Orleans today, according to his agent Mark Bartelstien."

Now, who do we get to replace Posey? Can he be replaced?


That's the 24 million dollar question...literally. If they decide to re-up Tony Allen and he stays healthy I really believe Tony can replace Posey's defense. Tony might even grow to be a better defender. The clutch 3 point shooting....yikes I don't know. A lot of guys can shoot the long ball but to hit the shot when it counts. Whoever they get we won't know how clutch they are till it really matters. I find it hard to believe that anyone knew Posey was a clutch as he was till last season. Yeah he won in Miami but he wasn't as big a piece in that run as he was with the Celts.

An interesting guy may be Bonzi Well...complete head case but a real scorer. He can score on the block better than anyone the Celts have and he can knock down the outside shot(well sometimes). I was hoping they would get James Jones for his shooting but the Heat grabbed him.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official 2008-09 Boston Celtics Thread
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:04 am
Posts: 12383
Gender: Male
badabing wrote:
Coach wrote:
Dope!

from boston.com:

"Celtics free agent James Posey signed a four-year deal with New Orleans today, according to his agent Mark Bartelstien."

Now, who do we get to replace Posey? Can he be replaced?


That's the 24 million dollar question...literally. If they decide to re-up Tony Allen and he stays healthy I really believe Tony can replace Posey's defense. Tony might even grow to be a better defender. The clutch 3 point shooting....yikes I don't know. A lot of guys can shoot the long ball but to hit the shot when it counts. Whoever they get we won't know how clutch they are till it really matters. I find it hard to believe that anyone knew Posey was a clutch as he was till last season. Yeah he won in Miami but he wasn't as big a piece in that run as he was with the Celts.

An interesting guy may be Bonzi Well...complete head case but a real scorer. He can score on the block better than anyone the Celts have and he can knock down the outside shot(well sometimes). I was hoping they would get James Jones for his shooting but the Heat grabbed him.


Will Tony Allen ever "mentally" recover from that knee injury? He still tends to dunk with two feet and he can't shoot. If T or Rondo develops a 3-point shot, then we might be OK.

_________________
RIP Mr. Dirty Frank


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official 2008-09 Boston Celtics Thread
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:36 pm
Posts: 3150
Location: PJ's 2nd home
Gender: Male
i really think Ryan Gomes is the answer

but can we get him?



I'm done with Tony Allen

he thinks there's a M in ubuntu

in the game 6 celebration he was screaming about how they won because of umbuntu


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official 2008-09 Boston Celtics Thread
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Winner: 2007+2009 Other Bands Cover Contest
 Profile

Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:50 pm
Posts: 2792
Quote:
Tyronn Lue hoped to join the Celtics before signing a two-year, $5 million contract with Milwaukee yesterday.
Lue said he would have joined the Celtics for $1.8 million annually, but the Celtics held firm on a one-year, $1.2 million (the veteran minimum) offer.

"I'm disappointed," Lue said. "We were trying to get it done there for so long. I don't know why an extra [$600,000] was a big deal. I would have taken less than I took with Milwaukee. But they didn't want to do it." -- The Boston Globe


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official 2008-09 Boston Celtics Thread
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:36 pm
Posts: 3150
Location: PJ's 2nd home
Gender: Male
badabing wrote:
Quote:
Tyronn Lue hoped to join the Celtics before signing a two-year, $5 million contract with Milwaukee yesterday.
Lue said he would have joined the Celtics for $1.8 million annually, but the Celtics held firm on a one-year, $1.2 million (the veteran minimum) offer.

"I'm disappointed," Lue said. "We were trying to get it done there for so long. I don't know why an extra [$600,000] was a big deal. I would have taken less than I took with Milwaukee. But they didn't want to do it." -- The Boston Globe


reminds me of steinbrenner saying that the sox wouldn't go above and beyond for their fans

a cornrowed 5ft tall girl wasn't going to be a difference maker on the celtics so i'm not worried


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official 2008-09 Boston Celtics Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:04 am
Posts: 12383
Gender: Male
signed eddie house and tony allen both to two year deals today:

http://bostonherald.com/sports/basketba ... position=1

_________________
RIP Mr. Dirty Frank


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official 2008-09 Boston Celtics Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Winner: 2007+2009 Other Bands Cover Contest
 Profile

Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:50 pm
Posts: 2792
Quote:
Eddie House and Tony Allen reportedly won't be following James Posey out of Boston. The Boston Herald reported Monday that House and Allen, two key bench pieces of the Celtics' championship team, agreed to two-year deals with Boston.

Celtics executive director of basketball operations Danny Ainge wouldn't be specific on the financial terms of the deals, but a source told the Herald that both players would be paid over $2 million per season.

Last week, the 31-year-old Posey left the Celtics to sign a four-year, $25 million contract with the New Orleans Hornets.

House, 30, averaged 7.5 points in 78 games and was a 39 percent shooter from 3-point range. In the Finals victory over the Lakers, House averaged 8.0 points and shot 41 percent from beyond the 3-point line.

Allen, 26, averaged 6.6 points in 75 games for Boston last season.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official 2008-09 Boston Celtics Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Winner: 2007+2009 Other Bands Cover Contest
 Profile

Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:50 pm
Posts: 2792
jinx!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official 2008-09 Boston Celtics Thread
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:04 am
Posts: 12383
Gender: Male
badabing wrote:
jinx!


:o

_________________
RIP Mr. Dirty Frank


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official 2008-09 Boston Celtics Thread
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:36 pm
Posts: 3150
Location: PJ's 2nd home
Gender: Male
anyone have any opinion on this o'bryant kid?

like maybe you followed his college team or somethin?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official 2008-09 Boston Celtics Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:47 am 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:04 am
Posts: 12383
Gender: Male
bostonlou wrote:
anyone have any opinion on this o'bryant kid?

like maybe you followed his college team or somethin?


glad they took a flyer on him.....looking forward to reading more about his progress.

_________________
RIP Mr. Dirty Frank


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official 2008-09 Boston Celtics Thread
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:21 am 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:04 am
Posts: 12383
Gender: Male
bump

_________________
RIP Mr. Dirty Frank


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1070 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 54  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
It is currently Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:07 pm