Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1070 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Official Boston Celtics Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:04 am
Posts: 12383
Gender: Male
When the C's are playing basketball in June, this SI cover always comes to mind:

Image

_________________
RIP Mr. Dirty Frank


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Boston Celtics Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:28 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:28 am
Posts: 28541
Location: PORTLAND, ME
it was fun while it lasted.

thanks 2011-2012 Celts, for a season that i did not expect. :nice:

_________________
Winner, 2011 RM 'Stache Tournament


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Boston Celtics Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:35 am 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:04 am
Posts: 12383
Gender: Male
A bittersweet end to a five-year curious and exciting era that stands out in Celtics history for many reasons. Chiefly, because most of Boston's titles came in bunches, so the stand-alone 2008 championship is unique.

_________________
RIP Mr. Dirty Frank


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Boston Celtics Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:29 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:28 am
Posts: 28541
Location: PORTLAND, ME
Coach wrote:
A bittersweet end to a five-year curious and exciting era that stands out in Celtics history for many reasons. Chiefly, because most of Boston's titles came in bunches, so the stand-alone 2008 championship is unique.
i'd imagine more banners if KG had been able to stay healthy the prior 2 years. not to mention the mistake that continues to be the Perk trade.

_________________
Winner, 2011 RM 'Stache Tournament


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Boston Celtics Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:42 am
Posts: 11014
Location: Mizzou
Gender: Male
EllisEamos wrote:
Coach wrote:
A bittersweet end to a five-year curious and exciting era that stands out in Celtics history for many reasons. Chiefly, because most of Boston's titles came in bunches, so the stand-alone 2008 championship is unique.
i'd imagine more banners if KG had been able to stay healthy the prior 2 years. not to mention the mistake that continues to be the Perk trade.


I think they beat the Lakers in 2010 if Perkins didn't tear his ACL in the Finals.

_________________
"Red rover, red rover, let Mike McCready take over."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Boston Celtics Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:28 am
Posts: 28541
Location: PORTLAND, ME
Monkey_Driven wrote:
EllisEamos wrote:
Coach wrote:
A bittersweet end to a five-year curious and exciting era that stands out in Celtics history for many reasons. Chiefly, because most of Boston's titles came in bunches, so the stand-alone 2008 championship is unique.
i'd imagine more banners if KG had been able to stay healthy the prior 2 years. not to mention the mistake that continues to be the Perk trade.


I think they beat the Lakers in 2010 if Perkins didn't tear his ACL in the Finals.
and he certainly would have helped this year as well considering they could have won the ECF in 6 w/o him.

_________________
Winner, 2011 RM 'Stache Tournament


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Boston Celtics Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:42 am
Posts: 11014
Location: Mizzou
Gender: Male
EllisEamos wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
EllisEamos wrote:
Coach wrote:
A bittersweet end to a five-year curious and exciting era that stands out in Celtics history for many reasons. Chiefly, because most of Boston's titles came in bunches, so the stand-alone 2008 championship is unique.
i'd imagine more banners if KG had been able to stay healthy the prior 2 years. not to mention the mistake that continues to be the Perk trade.


I think they beat the Lakers in 2010 if Perkins didn't tear his ACL in the Finals.
and he certainly would have helped this year as well considering they could have won the ECF in 6 w/o him.


Yeah, it's hard to play the what-if game though.

_________________
"Red rover, red rover, let Mike McCready take over."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Boston Celtics Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:28 am
Posts: 28541
Location: PORTLAND, ME
Monkey_Driven wrote:
EllisEamos wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
EllisEamos wrote:
Coach wrote:
A bittersweet end to a five-year curious and exciting era that stands out in Celtics history for many reasons. Chiefly, because most of Boston's titles came in bunches, so the stand-alone 2008 championship is unique.
i'd imagine more banners if KG had been able to stay healthy the prior 2 years. not to mention the mistake that continues to be the Perk trade.


I think they beat the Lakers in 2010 if Perkins didn't tear his ACL in the Finals.
and he certainly would have helped this year as well considering they could have won the ECF in 6 w/o him.


Yeah, it's hard to play the what-if game though.
yeah, although, it's not really a what if game when you're comparing jermaine o'neal & Perk.

after all, Perk's a BEAST.

_________________
Winner, 2011 RM 'Stache Tournament


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Boston Celtics Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:42 am
Posts: 11014
Location: Mizzou
Gender: Male
EllisEamos wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
EllisEamos wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
EllisEamos wrote:
Coach wrote:
A bittersweet end to a five-year curious and exciting era that stands out in Celtics history for many reasons. Chiefly, because most of Boston's titles came in bunches, so the stand-alone 2008 championship is unique.
i'd imagine more banners if KG had been able to stay healthy the prior 2 years. not to mention the mistake that continues to be the Perk trade.


I think they beat the Lakers in 2010 if Perkins didn't tear his ACL in the Finals.
and he certainly would have helped this year as well considering they could have won the ECF in 6 w/o him.


Yeah, it's hard to play the what-if game though.
yeah, although, it's not really a what if game when you're comparing jermaine o'neal & Perk.

after all, Perk's a BEAST.


It's true. He is so limited offensively though. It's kind of sad to watch at times.

_________________
"Red rover, red rover, let Mike McCready take over."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Boston Celtics Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
See you in another life, brother
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:01 pm
Posts: 13165
Gender: Male
Monkey_Driven wrote:
It's true. He is so limited offensively though. It's kind of sad to watch at times.

Conversely, it's pretty fun watching him run up the court.

_________________
"Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires."
-- John Steinbeck


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Boston Celtics Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:42 am
Posts: 11014
Location: Mizzou
Gender: Male
4/5 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
It's true. He is so limited offensively though. It's kind of sad to watch at times.

Conversely, it's pretty fun watching him run up the court.


That it is.

_________________
"Red rover, red rover, let Mike McCready take over."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Boston Celtics Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
In a van down by the river
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:15 am
Posts: 33031
Monkey_Driven wrote:
EllisEamos wrote:
Coach wrote:
A bittersweet end to a five-year curious and exciting era that stands out in Celtics history for many reasons. Chiefly, because most of Boston's titles came in bunches, so the stand-alone 2008 championship is unique.
i'd imagine more banners if KG had been able to stay healthy the prior 2 years. not to mention the mistake that continues to be the Perk trade.


I think they beat the Lakers in 2010 if Perkins didn't tear his ACL in the Finals.



i love that people focus on this as well as rivers and perkins and others. does anyone recall when the big three had their first year together and beat the lakers. bynum was injured too. but the lakers dont dwell on what coulda or shoulda been

_________________
maybe we can hum along...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Boston Celtics Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:42 am
Posts: 11014
Location: Mizzou
Gender: Male
Peeps wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
EllisEamos wrote:
Coach wrote:
A bittersweet end to a five-year curious and exciting era that stands out in Celtics history for many reasons. Chiefly, because most of Boston's titles came in bunches, so the stand-alone 2008 championship is unique.
i'd imagine more banners if KG had been able to stay healthy the prior 2 years. not to mention the mistake that continues to be the Perk trade.


I think they beat the Lakers in 2010 if Perkins didn't tear his ACL in the Finals.



i love that people focus on this as well as rivers and perkins and others. does anyone recall when the big three had their first year together and beat the lakers. bynum was injured too. but the lakers dont dwell on what coulda or shoulda been


That is absolutely true, which is why it is difficult to play the what-if game.

_________________
"Red rover, red rover, let Mike McCready take over."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Boston Celtics Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:28 am
Posts: 28541
Location: PORTLAND, ME
Peeps wrote:
bynum was injured too. but the lakers dont dwell on what coulda or shoulda been

they don't? alright.

who's dwelling?

i was saying that the "run" the Celtics had was pretty good all things considered.

_________________
Winner, 2011 RM 'Stache Tournament


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Boston Celtics Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:42 am
Posts: 11014
Location: Mizzou
Gender: Male
EllisEamos wrote:
Peeps wrote:
bynum was injured too. but the lakers dont dwell on what coulda or shoulda been

they don't? alright.

who's dwelling?

i was saying that the "run" the Celtics had was pretty good all things considered.


Considering the "big 3's" ages when they joined the Celtics it was a good run.

_________________
"Red rover, red rover, let Mike McCready take over."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Boston Celtics Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:28 am
Posts: 28541
Location: PORTLAND, ME
Monkey_Driven wrote:
EllisEamos wrote:
Peeps wrote:
bynum was injured too. but the lakers dont dwell on what coulda or shoulda been

they don't? alright.

who's dwelling?

i was saying that the "run" the Celtics had was pretty good all things considered.


Considering the "big 3's" ages when they joined the Celtics it was a good run.
yup.

turn the paaaaagggggge....

_________________
Winner, 2011 RM 'Stache Tournament


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Boston Celtics Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
a joke
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:08 am
Posts: 22978
Gender: Male
Man, Edmonton was really fucking good.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Boston Celtics Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:28 am
Posts: 28541
Location: PORTLAND, ME
Rasheed Wallace, Jermaine O'Neal, and Shaq made almost $14M this year?!!

i wish i was taller. :cry:

_________________
Winner, 2011 RM 'Stache Tournament


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Boston Celtics Thread
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:04 am
Posts: 12383
Gender: Male
I like last night's draft. Take a few chances. We needed big men.

_________________
RIP Mr. Dirty Frank


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Boston Celtics Thread
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Winner: 2007+2009 Other Bands Cover Contest
 Profile

Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:50 pm
Posts: 2792
Three more years for Garnett!


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1070 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:02 am