Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 450 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: Post your Golf Scores
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:47 am 
Force of Nature

I'm getting worse. Went to the range yesterday and it was ugly (my slice from about 7 years ago has returned suddenly, when I'm not topping the ball). I Played 18 today and shot a 104. I don't remember ever feeling so uncomfortable with my swing before. I never once made truly clean, solid contact with the ball all day.

This is not going to be a good golf summer.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:52 am 
Unthought Known

Here is a course i played on, myself and another guy were the only ones on the course for 27 holes over two days.

had 84 for 74 this weekend. lost 5 shots on two holes in a row :evil:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:26 am 
Stone's Butch

Eighty fucking two. Yuck yuck yuck.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:39 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

I played twice this weekend... both were my two worst scored for the year.... I am all of the sudden regressing. :(

On the bright side, i got my second eagle of the summer (and my life)! This one was a 535YD par 5. A 320ish YD drive (a little down hill), a 210ish YD follow up 5-wood (a little uphill) leaving me about 5 YDs short of the green, topped off with a 37' putt!

I am so inconsistant. :|

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:47 pm 
Unthought Known

81 on friday....same story, missed every putt from 8-15 ft....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:00 pm 
Got Some

stompbox wrote:
I played twice this weekend... both were my two worst scored for the year.... I am all of the sudden regressing. :(

On the bright side, i got my second eagle of the summer (and my life)! This one was a 535YD par 5. A 320ish YD drive (a little down hill), a 210ish YD follow up 5-wood (a little uphill) leaving me about 5 YDs short of the green, topped off with a 37' putt!

Grrr. I think I'm consigned to never getting an eagle. My course has 4 par 5s (all of which pretty reachable) and a reachable par 4 - but so many missed chances. I once missed a 2 footer for one - quickly followed by the putter being thrown onto the railtracks.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:28 pm 
Stone's Butch

Anfarwoldeb wrote:
stompbox wrote:

Grrr. I think I'm consigned to never getting an eagle. My course has 4 par 5s (all of which pretty reachable) and a reachable par 4 - but so many missed chances. I once missed a 2 footer for one - quickly followed by the putter being thrown onto the railtracks.

Haha you'll get one, I'm convinced of it. You obviously have the length to do it one day - so it'll happen. I missed a 2-footer the first time I had a crack at an eagle and wacked it again while it was still going past the hole...(it was in a tournament....) and I've made eagles since.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:32 am 
Got Some

Think we should stick a few pics up so we can get an image of where everyone is playing.

Maesdu Golf Club, Llandudno, North Wales.

From Conwy mountain to Llandudno and the Great Orme (the peninsula). My course is on the far side of the bay.

The 15th with the Great Orme behind.

Looking back on par 3 12th with Conwy Mountain and the Irish Sea behind.

[img]http://www.maesdugolfclub.co.uk/Media/ViewImage.aspx?FilePath=Maesdu\1_20080604171127_e_@@_Hole_12_Edit.jpg&FileType=5[/img]

Approach shot down to the 14th.

[img]http://www.maesdugolfclub.co.uk/Media/ViewImage.aspx?FilePath=Maesdu\1_20080608170030_e_@@_Hole_14_Edit.jpg&FileType=5[/img]

Course isn't technically a links, because it is blocked from the sea by North wales Golf Club over the railtracks. The back 9 is very links style though, with a more parkland front 9. Across the bay is Conwy golf club.

Cool pic of Nefyn Golf Club below, one of the harder courses in the area. Nefyn is on the Lleyn Peninsula (the little arm off the North West coast of Wales).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:35 am 
In a van down by the river

im going to rant here

fuck the PGA, taking down the video on youtube of tiger farting while waiting to hit his shot

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:48 am 
Stone's Butch

Peeps wrote:
im going to rant here

fuck the PGA, taking down the video on youtube of tiger farting while waiting to hit his shot

I saw that!!! Hahaha I wasn't sure whether it was, but I saw Stevie and Tiger having a giggle..so he definitely farted? Magic.

And they took it down? Fuckers. First LeBron, now this.

Anfarwoldeb - I am not posting pictures of my course after that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:54 am 
Got Some

I specifically picked bias photos. The surrounding area makes the course look muuuuch better than it actually is.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:15 am 
Cameron's Stallion
 WWW  Profile

Anfarwoldeb wrote:

Cool pic of Nefyn Golf Club below, one of the harder courses in the area. Nefyn is on the Lleyn Peninsula (the little arm off the North West coast of Wales).

I love Nefyn, admittedly I've only played there once, but wow!
I was supposed to play there in May this year but never made it :( might try to get there later in the year, if not i'll definitely be visiting there next year

In a recent survey 32% of men claimed they preferred blondes, the other 68% said they'd take what they could get.

Flips: ATA Hangover technician

"Andy is called Andy" Mookieblaylock in London 18/06/07 :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:57 am 
In a van down by the river

Deano wrote:
Peeps wrote:
im going to rant here

I saw that!!! Hahaha I wasn't sure whether it was, but I saw Stevie and Tiger having a giggle..so he definitely farted? Magic.

And they took it down? Fuckers. First LeBron, now this.

Anfarwoldeb - I am not posting pictures of my course after that.

it was :(

i had it on my facebook page, but didnt use the downloader to save the video. pure awesomeness i tell ya

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:43 am 
Unthought Known

Peeps wrote:
im going to rant here

I was watching it and wondered if he or steve had farted...anyway, the video:

http://tv.popcrunch.com/tiger-woods-far ... uick-open/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:35 pm 
Got Some

Flips wrote:
Anfarwoldeb wrote:

I love Nefyn, admittedly I've only played there once, but wow!
I was supposed to play there in May this year but never made it :( might try to get there later in the year, if not i'll definitely be visiting there next year

Did you lose many balls?

What are the best courses around you? I think the closest I've got is playing Chester - pretty decent.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:37 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Anfarwoldeb wrote:
stompbox wrote:

Don't worry about it.... I have a lot of power but have no touch at all so the rest of my game is pretty horrid. I belive my secret to gaining power is Kayaking. Kayaking builds the torso and arm strength that are key to powerful drives in my very unprofessional opion.

I always make green in regulation and then I typically end up 3 putting, frustrating as heck.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:39 pm 
Got Some

stompbox wrote:
Anfarwoldeb wrote:
stompbox wrote:

Don't worry about it.... I have a lot of power but have no touch at all so the rest of my game is pretty horrid. I belive my secret to gaining power is Kayaking. Kayaking builds the torso and arm strength that are key to powerful drives in my very unprofessional opion.

I always make green in regulation and then I typically end up 3 putting, frustrating as heck.

I'm similar. Although my short games pretty decent, but my problem is accuracy with long game. When I was young I hit pretty much every fairway but couldn't wait to grow and be able to smash it far. Now though, I hit hardly any fairways, well apart from adjacent ones.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:43 pm 
Cameron's Stallion
 WWW  Profile

Anfarwoldeb wrote:
Did you lose many balls?

What are the best courses around you? I think the closest I've got is playing Chester - pretty decent.

Yeah I seem to remember losing a few balls, especially on the Old Course section!

I've only been playing golf for around 5 years now, and one of them years I probably only played once
a month :oops: so most of the courses I played then were cheapish municipal courses.

I've just joined here the photo's on the website do not do the course justice, I'm going to take a camera round this weekend and try to get some better shots of the course (weather permitting).

I've only ever played once in Chester at Aldersley Green severely hung over after a stag do in Chester!

Stand Golf Club and North Manchester golf Club are regarded as two of the better courses in my local area, I'm yet to play either of them yet though.

In a recent survey 32% of men claimed they preferred blondes, the other 68% said they'd take what they could get.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:38 am 
Got Some

Flips wrote:

I've just joined here the photo's on the website do not do the course justice, I'm going to take a camera round this weekend and try to get some better shots of the course (weather permitting).

I actually thought the photos looked pretty good. Quite short, but challenging looking. Varied and in good condition. Looks pretty new. The other two are cheap for how good they look. It's so much worse down south. Some of my uni mates have been inviting me for a few rounds in places like Oxfordshire and Kent and there were really average courses for £50+. Considering they all have jobs in London and I'm still a student, they should have just put me on the range.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:19 pm 
Cameron's Stallion
 WWW  Profile

yeah it is challenging, the front and back 9's are like two different courses,
the 7th is a reachable 257yd par 4, been on the green in 1 a few times, then 3 putted for a par :x :lol:
I reckon the 8th is reachable if the wind is helping aswell, I've been just short of the green in 1 on that.

Courses round here do seem to be reasonably prices compared to the south of england,
it's two of my mates 30th birthdays next year within a month of each other and we're going to go and play the Belfry, 2 rounds, dinner, B&B for £169 which seems pretty reasonable.

have you tried this website? http://www.direct-teetimes.co.uk/ always some good deals on here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 450 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 23  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports