Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 450 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: Post your Golf Scores
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:26 pm 
Got Some

ejny wrote:
BDB wrote:
Summary of my round this weekend:

530 yard Par 5.
Perfect tee shot - I have some tail wind and get a nice roll: 300 yards
2nd shot - 8 iron, perfect headed right at the green. sticks within 10 feet of the pin.
3 put for par.

I hate this game.

I'm impressed by your Daly-esque 230 yd 8 iron!

Yeah that was a typo :oops: - more like balls-out 4 iron

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:43 am 
Administrator

mray10 wrote:
$úñ_DëV|L wrote:
mray10 wrote:
$úñ_DëV|L wrote:
Played Saturday in Sedona, couldn't hit my irons worth beans, but putted very well. Shot 110.
Played this morning at Gold Canyon (Sidewinder), hit my irons very well, but couldn't hit a putt to save my life. Shot 110.

Go figure.

I'm not to upset about today though, considering how many strokes I lost after hitting into the rubble, I probably could've been under 100 on an easier course.

Which course in Sedona did you play?

Now that there is some limited public play available at Seven Canyons, I would really like to go up there and check it out.

So I played Seven Canyons today. Shot an absolutely miserable 115. My driver had been working really well for the past three weeks, and it was working very well on the practice range, but once I started playing, I inexplicably hooked everything. It took me until the last few holes to finally correct it.

Course was extremely tough. Hardest course I've played. And when you have a hook problem with holes that are really tight, it's hard to score. But considering I was mishitting everything and I couldn't putt, I really had nothing going today.

Nice course though.

No joke? I also played Seven Canyons on Saturday.

Scenery at that course is ridiculous; the course is also very good, but not the best Weiskopf design I've played. I hit it pretty well out there but putted miserably--I had enough opportunities to the point where I could have been right around par, instead shot 76 (6 over). I lipped out putts on 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, and 17. Finally at 18 I broke that streak--I just left it short.

I played Red Mtn Ranch also a couple weeks back, on an obscenely hot afternoon. That fifteenth hole was crazy.

What was your tee time on Saturday? :shock:

The only good thing that happened for me at Seven Canyons was my tee shots on 4 and 10, but of course I three putted both of them from about 15 feet. :?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:21 pm 
Got Some

$úñ_DëV|L wrote:
mray10 wrote:
$úñ_DëV|L wrote:
mray10 wrote:
$úñ_DëV|L wrote:
Played Saturday in Sedona, couldn't hit my irons worth beans, but putted very well. Shot 110.
Played this morning at Gold Canyon (Sidewinder), hit my irons very well, but couldn't hit a putt to save my life. Shot 110.

Go figure.

I'm not to upset about today though, considering how many strokes I lost after hitting into the rubble, I probably could've been under 100 on an easier course.

Which course in Sedona did you play?

Now that there is some limited public play available at Seven Canyons, I would really like to go up there and check it out.

So I played Seven Canyons today. Shot an absolutely miserable 115. My driver had been working really well for the past three weeks, and it was working very well on the practice range, but once I started playing, I inexplicably hooked everything. It took me until the last few holes to finally correct it.

Course was extremely tough. Hardest course I've played. And when you have a hook problem with holes that are really tight, it's hard to score. But considering I was mishitting everything and I couldn't putt, I really had nothing going today.

Nice course though.

No joke? I also played Seven Canyons on Saturday.

Scenery at that course is ridiculous; the course is also very good, but not the best Weiskopf design I've played. I hit it pretty well out there but putted miserably--I had enough opportunities to the point where I could have been right around par, instead shot 76 (6 over). I lipped out putts on 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, and 17. Finally at 18 I broke that streak--I just left it short.

I played Red Mtn Ranch also a couple weeks back, on an obscenely hot afternoon. That fifteenth hole was crazy.

What was your tee time on Saturday? :shock:

The only good thing that happened for me at Seven Canyons was my tee shots on 4 and 10, but of course I three putted both of them from about 15 feet. :?

I think I was scheduled for 11:40 but went early. Got to the course around 11, only spent a few minutes at the driving range, then went out. I was playing by myself and my wife rode along with me.

I pulled my tee shot on number four and it finished on the first green. Lots of holes squeezed together on that course.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:25 am 
Administrator

mray10 wrote:
I think I was scheduled for 11:40 but went early. Got to the course around 11, only spent a few minutes at the driving range, then went out. I was playing by myself and my wife rode along with me.

I pulled my tee shot on number four and it finished on the first green. Lots of holes squeezed together on that course.

We teed off at about 1:30, so I guess you were probably half way done when we started... That picture I took from the fourth tee box probably has you somewhere in it. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:15 am 
Administrator

51 at Riverview... 10 over after three holes, 5 over the rest of the way (with 3 pars and 2 bogeys)...

If only I could put together a whole game, rather than just five or six holes....

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:20 pm 
Got Some

I played Pointe Lookout Mtn yesterday afternoon. I think I shot 76, with like three 3 putts. Pathetic. Had three birdies on the day, including on #1 but just made a bunch of lousy bogeys as well.

Interesting to see that they are eliminating the lakes on that course. They are going to turn them into desert/sand bunker hazards.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:42 am 
Administrator

Played at Golf Club at Estrella today... Started out really well by my standards, 49 on the front nine, and it all went downhill from there. 108 on the first 18, 61 on the front nine the second time through, and I quit five holes into the back nine. The only thing working today was my driver.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:33 am 
Unthought Known

level par on handicap with 81 gross, still can't putt

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:56 am 
Cameron's Stallion
 WWW  Profile

+5 after 8 holes...

+10 after 9 :haha:

In a recent survey 32% of men claimed they preferred blondes, the other 68% said they'd take what they could get.

Flips: ATA Hangover technician

"Andy is called Andy" Mookieblaylock in London 18/06/07 :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:23 pm 
Got Some

$úñ_DëV|L wrote:
Played at Golf Club at Estrella today... Started out really well by my standards, 49 on the front nine, and it all went downhill from there. 108 on the first 18, 61 on the front nine the second time through, and I quit five holes into the back nine. The only thing working today was my driver.

That's a good course.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:17 pm 
Got Some

$úñ_DëV|L wrote:

I played there about 6 yrs ago. Beautiful course. I think I shot an 85 there.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:33 pm 
Administrator

103 at Eagle Mountain today. Played like crap for most of the day, but finished off strong, with a birdie (made a 25 foot putt on a par 3) and three bogeys on the last four holes.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:02 pm 
Unthought Known

7 under off the stick in 4 man ambrose (59 1/8) finished fourth, won a hat, holed a massive 25 foot putt.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:20 pm 
Got Some

I played Trilogy at Vistancia on Thursday afternoon. Hit it great and got very little out of it. Finished +3, 75. Had more near-miss putts than I care to think about.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:36 am 
Unthought Known

anybody playing still? I've been playing every morning for about 2 months now. We have a par 3 course in the neighborhood that is doing wonders for my short game..

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:05 pm 
Stone's Bitch

Been playing a lot this year. I haven't really played more than 5 rounds a year for the past 7 years or so. Shot an 88 the other day. I was pretty pumped. Hope to be in the mid to low 80s by the end of the year.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:06 pm 
Reissued

Last time I played I posted a 110.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:21 pm 
Got Some

I miss playing golf. Have only been out twice since the baby was born.

Did have an enjoyable round at at WeKoPa a few weeks back (78, I think? Couldn't make a putt to save my life on the back). Since then it's gotten so hot that I'm not even sure I want to go out if the opportunity comes up.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:31 pm 
Stone's Bitch

I've definitely fallen in love with the game again. I'm finally getting my old swing back.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:59 am 
Unthought Known

quit after nine holes, was in 4bbb. We were only in a group of 3 and 1 guy stuffed his back so we drank beer and ate hot chips instead.....did get nearest to the pin on the 8th, nice 177 meter utility club to about 4 foot.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 450 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports