Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 450 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: Post your Golf Scores
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:02 pm 
Spacegirl

apparently, tiger woods has AIDS

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:16 pm 
Unthought Known

Had an interesting day Saturday. Got there late, no warm up swings at all, no putt practice, bought a new set of wedges that i had not tried yet and used those all day and not my old pitching wedge, thinking i was going to have a "practice round", had 10 beers the night before, then shot 77 which was 4 under for me. I joking told the pro i was going to beat Tiger (who from memory shot 77 at the PGA) so didn't quite make it. I reckon I would shoot 120 on that course. I am now on 8.5.

Nice to see an ex member i played with before a couple of times make his professional debut in the USA third stringe competition with a 61, 10 Under. Finished 21st in the end with 2.1 grand prizemoney.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:13 pm 
Administrator

Didn't play for almost a month, and had the best round I've had in awhile (maybe ever)... Putted OK considering how much I hated the greens, hit 10 of the fairways (and the four I missed were close, and none left me with a bad shot)... Good day today.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:07 pm 
Stone's Bitch

Last week I had the best round of the year but I didn't feel like I was consistently making good contact. Yesterday I was making great contact and shot 8 strokes worse. Golf is a wonderful game.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:56 am 
Stone's Butch

clint72 wrote:
Had an interesting day Saturday. Got there late, no warm up swings at all, no putt practice, bought a new set of wedges that i had not tried yet and used those all day and not my old pitching wedge, thinking i was going to have a "practice round", had 10 beers the night before, then shot 77 which was 4 under for me. I joking told the pro i was going to beat Tiger (who from memory shot 77 at the PGA) so didn't quite make it. I reckon I would shoot 120 on that course. I am now on 8.5.

Nice to see an ex member i played with before a couple of times make his professional debut in the USA third stringe competition with a 61, 10 Under. Finished 21st in the end with 2.1 grand prizemoney.

What sort of wedges you buy mate?

Thought I'd make a comeback in this thread, it's been a big golfing year! Shot my best score of all-time, got down to scratch, worked for Wilson Golf for a year, won a couple of club tournaments..and missed a pair of putts to lose our pennants final.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:57 am 
Stone's Butch

Oh and Clint you might appreciate this - I stayed at and played at both courses at Moonah last August. To say it was amazing would be doing it no level of justice.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:54 am 
Unthought Known

Deano wrote:
Oh and Clint you might appreciate this - I stayed at and played at both courses at Moonah last August. To say it was amazing would be doing it no level of justice.

I am jealous :mrgreen:

Wow, sounds like you are hitting the ball awesome, congrats, what low score did you have ?

played a 4 man ambrose on Sunday we were 10 under off the stick with a handicap of about 6, yet only got 6th. We won a pillow each! Fun day anway.

I got these wedges

http://www.callawaygolfpreowned.com/x-f ... lt,pd.html

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:49 pm 
Got Some

Played in the heat advisory yesterday - no one else out there.

Hit it pretty well, but still am just never going to putt and chip well if I don't play more often. Shot 78 and that was the absolute highest score I could have shot for how I hit it. Didn't make anything on the greens.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:51 pm 
Stone's Butch

clint72 wrote:
Deano wrote:

I am jealous :mrgreen:

Wow, sounds like you are hitting the ball awesome, congrats, what low score did you have ?

played a 4 man ambrose on Sunday we were 10 under off the stick with a handicap of about 6, yet only got 6th. We won a pillow each! Fun day anway.

I got these wedges

http://www.callawaygolfpreowned.com/x-f ... lt,pd.html

Haha a pillow! Brilliant. You were 10 under off the stick and didn't even get near winning..there must have been real burglars in the field. I remember doing something similar - we were 14-under and didn't win.

I've heard those wedges are bloody good. Interested to know what people think of Wilson, and their clubs? I'm playing FG Tour irons and wedges, just as Padraig/Ricky Barnes/Streelman do. They are amazing.

Low score was 67, 4 birdies and an eagle (five-under, only bogey was a three-putt from 10 feet..yuck)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:34 am 
Unthought Known

67 :shock:

Awesome Round!

I get 'scared' to go too low, my best is 76 (3 over). I can get in great spots but often choke at the ends of rounds :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:09 pm 
Stone's Bitch

clint72 wrote:

Awesome Round!

I get 'scared' to go too low, my best is 76 (3 over). I can get in great spots but often choke at the ends of rounds :cry:

Woah, that's awesome. Good job.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:42 pm 
Administrator

I just won 4 free passes to a golf course via a raffle. I've never golfed before, so this will certainly be a hilarious experience.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:47 pm 
Unthought Known

Green Habit wrote:
I just won 4 free passes to a golf course via a raffle. I've never golfed before, so this will certainly be a hilarious experience.

yep, goodluck. If you hit it in the air %50 of the time be happy.

Best advice, do not try to hit it to hard.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:13 pm 
trying to make a career out of postwhoring

Green Habit wrote:

I've been 1.5 times now and i'm pretty bad. I'd recommend going to a driving range first and just get a feel for it.

I went a few weeks ago and we got rained out after nine holes, so I think we're going back Saturday to finish the back nine. I actually did pretty well on my drives, but lack of knowledge on clubs screwed up my mid-range game. And well, I suck at putting too. I'm hoping i'll do a little better this Saturday.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:47 pm 
Stone's Bitch

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Green Habit wrote:

I've been 1.5 times now and i'm pretty bad. I'd recommend going to a driving range first and just get a feel for it.

I went a few weeks ago and we got rained out after nine holes, so I think we're going back Saturday to finish the back nine. I actually did pretty well on my drives, but lack of knowledge on clubs screwed up my mid-range game. And well, I suck at putting too. I'm hoping i'll do a little better this Saturday.

I know it's way less fun that hitting the crap out of a driver but practicing your short game will really take a ton of strokes off your game if you're a beginner.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:06 pm 
Unthought Known

79 yesterday. got rained out after 9 today

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:16 pm 
Got Some

On vacation last week, got 3 rounds in.

92, 92, 81.

After a fairly dreadful golfing summer, I finally started to tighten things up with my last round. Had my first eagle in several years. Of course, now I probably will go stone cold as I don't think I'll be playing for at least another week.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:17 pm 
Stone's Butch

clint72 wrote:

Awesome Round!

Haha, trust me I know exactly what that is like. I used to do it all the time. Then I got a couple of under-par rounds where I made birdies later on and I kind of got over the hump. I play 2-3 times a week so I found out a way to conquer it.

I think a rock solid routine is the best way to get past it. For example, I missed a four footer to lose our pennants final this year because I was thinking about who was watching, what the putt meant etc. If you're concentrating on line, where your right foot is, ball position then the other stuff gets forgotten. Same with what score you're on, I reckon.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:57 am 
Stone's Butch

See, it's a silly game..77 today. Topped my opening tee shot, 2nd hit a house, opening double. 6 over after 7 holes, got back to 3 over with four to go and fell over at the end. Turned up on the 1st tee with a minute to spare from work - pays to warm up properly!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:16 am 
Stone's Bitch

Shot a 37 tonight after work. I"ve never broken 40 before. I was totally feeling it. Going out tomorrow. It will most likely be gone.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 450 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports