Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 424 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Toronto Blue Jays Thread
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:06 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

It looks like Lind has responded to the demotion. 2 for 2 so far, including a 2-run home run.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:05 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

So that's what a save looks like. Neat!

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:37 pm 
Supersonic

Farmer John wrote:

A perfect 9th inning from the Jays pen... what is this? I think a lot of people have been wanting to see Janssen in that type of role given his dominance the last couple years. I honestly think a big part of the reason he was never given the chance is because he isn't your typical overpowering closer. I like him a lot and hope he does well.

With regard to Lind, I really hope they just leave him near the bottom of the lineup rather than moving him up if he starts hitting well. I think a lot of his struggles the last couple years are in his head, and the more pressure there is on him the worse he plays. Anthopoulos is a smart guy though... I think he's just hoping for a hot streak so he can salvage some value and get some kind of prospect for Lind.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:47 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 WWW  Profile

PhilPritchard wrote:
Farmer John wrote:

A perfect 9th inning from the Jays pen... what is this? I think a lot of people have been wanting to see Janssen in that type of role given his dominance the last couple years. I honestly think a big part of the reason he was never given the chance is because he isn't your typical overpowering closer. I like him a lot and hope he does well.

With regard to Lind, I really hope they just leave him near the bottom of the lineup rather than moving him up if he starts hitting well. I think a lot of his struggles the last couple years are in his head, and the more pressure there is on him the worse he plays. Anthopoulos is a smart guy though... I think he's just hoping for a hot streak so he can salvage some value and get some kind of prospect for Lind.

Yeah I was listening to a game on XM maybe last week, and the commentator said he's "patient to fault", which I think sums it up pretty well. He'll wait for his pitch until he's in a hole, and then either swing at the wrong time or not swing at all. A little aggressiveness could go a long way with him, but I agree he'll be better at the bottom of the order either way.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:53 am 
Supersonic

EbolaMonkey wrote:
Yeah I was listening to a game on XM maybe last week, and the commentator said he's "patient to fault", which I think sums it up pretty well. He'll wait for his pitch until he's in a hole, and then either swing at the wrong time or not swing at all. A little aggressiveness could go a long way with him, but I agree he'll be better at the bottom of the order either way.

It's weird... this is purely based on watching the games (I don't know if the stats would back it up) but I feel like his patience is fine until there are three balls and then he starts chasing. He always seems to battle to a full count and then chase ball four. He may have patience, but he sure doesn't have very good command of the strike zone.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:31 pm 
a joke

Ken Rosenthal is reporting that the Jays have signed Vlad to a minor league deal

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:17 pm 
Supersonic

Skitch Patterson wrote:
Ken Rosenthal is reporting that the Jays have signed Vlad to a minor league deal

Crazy.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 5:12 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Whoa

Quote:
Adam Lind demoted by the Toronto Blue Jays

The Toronto Blue Jays sent struggling first baseman Adam Lind to the minors on Thursday.

The Jays demoted Lind to Triple-A Las Vegas and promoted catcher Yan Gomes.

Lind is batting just .186 with six doubles, three home runs and 11 RBI in 34 games.

The six-foot-two, 212-pounder has just six hits in 13 games this month.

Gomes meanwhile is batting .359 with 12 doubles, five home runs and 22 RBI in Las Vegas.

Gomes, who is set to become the first Brazilian born player to appear in a major league game, has also played at first and third base this season.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/baseball/ ... -blue-jays

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:39 pm 
Supersonic

Farmer John wrote:
Whoa

Quote:
Adam Lind demoted by the Toronto Blue Jays

It's definitely the right move, I'm just surprised they actually did it. My guess would be that he goes down and hits well (like everyone in Vegas) and gets called up in a few weeks for one more chance in the majors. If he still struggles, I think he'll be traded/waived/released.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:18 pm 
Unthought Known

Trumbo be any good on Jays? Sounds like he hates 3rd (and is bad at it). Pujhols surplanted him. Or is he a good young prospect? I just know I've read a lot about him being bumped and know he played 1st lol.

We are trapped in the belly of this horrible machine, and the machine is bleeding to death.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:46 pm 
AnalLog

EastHastings wrote:
Trumbo be any good on Jays? Sounds like he hates 3rd (and is bad at it). Pujhols surplanted him. Or is he a good young prospect? I just know I've read a lot about him being bumped and know he played 1st lol.
they've made room in the outfield to keep him in games. he's not going anywhere.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 4:51 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Who is gonna play first now? Encarnacion? Not a bad decision to try and get Lind to find his game again.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:00 pm 
Got Some
 WWW  Profile

the double A team combined for a no hitter last night, including 5.2 innings from Cecil with a few walks & 8 k's

also i quite enjoyed tampa's happy heckler giving it to lawrie last night

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:12 am 
Got Some

Really impressed with how they played tonight after that rough road trip. Hutchison looked great out there after a shaky 3rd? inning. Colby Rasmus is on fire! Hopefully he can keep it up

8/22/98,9/11/05,8/21/09,9/15/11

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:26 pm 
Supersonic

wtfisaledbetter? wrote:
Colby Rasmus is on fire! Hopefully he can keep it up

I think he will. His luck the first month and a half of the season was terrible. He's been hitting the ball hard all season and hitting line drives right at defenders. I don't think his numbers reflect how good he's been playing this year. I love that the Jays have a center fielder who's good enough defensively that any offense he provides is just a bonus.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:40 am 
Got Some

Another nice win by the fellas tonight! A little shaky in the 9th but they pulled it out. Sucks that liner got away from Colby like that but oh well. Nice to see Davis in the lineup and contribute, that guy is awesome! This team is great, I hope they can keep it up.

8/22/98,9/11/05,8/21/09,9/15/11

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:16 pm 
Supersonic

wtfisaledbetter? wrote:
Another nice win by the fellas tonight! A little shaky in the 9th but they pulled it out. Sucks that liner got away from Colby like that but oh well. Nice to see Davis in the lineup and contribute, that guy is awesome! This team is great, I hope they can keep it up.

Davis is probably still better suited as a fourth outfielder who starts against lefties and pinch runs late in games, but he's a lot of fun to watch. He just missed a fourth hit last night by nearly beating out a routine ground ball to short. I have no problem seeing him in the lineup until Snider is healthy.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:10 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

A sweep of the Orioles is just what the doctor ordered. And I'm glad to hear Morrow's leg injury isn't serious. That was scary.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:20 am 
Supersonic

Farmer John wrote:
A sweep of the Orioles is just what the doctor ordered. And I'm glad to hear Morrow's leg injury isn't serious. That was scary.

Yeah, the way it hit the leg and watching him drop like that, I initially thought it was probably broken.

Even if it's not bad, I would think this confirms that they won't be skipping anyone's spot in the rotation. Giving him an extra day off wouldn't hurt.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:59 am 
Supersonic

Rasmus with a 5-for-5 night in the win. That sure helps his numbers... suddenly he's hitting just under .250. He's quite possibly my favourite Blue Jay right now. He's got such a great swing and plays so well defensively (except, apparently, for a pretty bad error tonight) and now that he seems to be enjoying himself and getting some confidence I think he'll put together a big final 100 games of the year. He's turning the corner and getting back to being the player the Jays hoped they got from St. Louis.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 424 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports