i will strike you down, take it back, now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:41 am 
Force of Nature

Peeps wrote:
Droppin Ordnance wrote:
x 100,000,000,000

I would omit your #1 and #8, and then you have a damn fine list. What do you think...Strange Brew somewhat of a sports movie?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:50 am 
Supersonic

davo15 wrote:
What a letdown.

You're killin' me, Smalls.

The Sandlot rules.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:53 am 
In a van down by the river

Droppin Ordnance wrote:
Peeps wrote:
Droppin Ordnance wrote:
x 100,000,000,000

I would omit your #1 and #8, and then you have a damn fine list. What do you think...Strange Brew somewhat of a sports movie?

you now have me questioning our online love affair.

i can see taking league off, but the whole, theres no crying in baseball gives it a pass

but how in the fuck can you not appreciate sandlot? did you live in a neighborhood that had no baseball field to play in? did you never get scared having to go into old man evanchos yard to retrieve the only ball you and your friends could find? how sheltered of a life have you lived my good friend buck?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:57 am 
High Roller
 WWW  Profile

Sandlot? It's a fun movie in an 8 year old sort of quirky way but cmon...... Great sports movies should be inspiring and emotional. Lame pick

RM Led Zeppelin Tourney Champ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:00 am 
Force of Nature

Peeps wrote:
Droppin Ordnance wrote:
Peeps wrote:
Droppin Ordnance wrote:
x 100,000,000,000

i can see taking league off, but the whole, theres no crying in baseball gives it a pass

but how in the fuck can you not appreciate sandlot? did you live in a neighborhood that had no baseball field to play in? did you never get scared having to go into old man evanchos yard to retrieve the only ball you and your friends could find? how sheltered of a life have you lived my good friend buck?

Haha, I'm not saying I didn't like those movies. Although, I'm not a big fan of League Of Their Own - I can't stand that dyke Rosie. Just that they don't make the top 10 of my favorite sports movies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:06 am 
High Roller
 WWW  Profile

Droppin Ordnance wrote:
Peeps wrote:
Droppin Ordnance wrote:
Peeps wrote:
Droppin Ordnance wrote:
x 100,000,000,000

Haha, I'm not saying I didn't like those movies. Although, I'm not a big fan of League Of Their Own - I can't stand that dyke Rosie. Just that they don't make the top 10 of my favorite sports movies.

A League of Their Own could be one of the worst movies of all time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:23 am 
Johnny Guitar

Slap shot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:25 am 
Got Some

Clubber wrote:
Droppin Ordnance wrote:
Peeps wrote:
Droppin Ordnance wrote:
Peeps wrote:
Droppin Ordnance wrote:
x 100,000,000,000

That's bullshit.

GREED MAKES THE WORLD GO 'ROUND!

Dean Corso for Mod 2005!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:30 am 
High Roller
 WWW  Profile

Dean Corso wrote:
Clubber wrote:
Droppin Ordnance wrote:
Peeps wrote:
Droppin Ordnance wrote:
Peeps wrote:
Droppin Ordnance wrote:
x 100,000,000,000

That's bullshit.

Nope, totally awful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:32 am 
Got Some

Clubber wrote:
Dean Corso wrote:
Clubber wrote:
Droppin Ordnance wrote:
Peeps wrote:
Droppin Ordnance wrote:
Peeps wrote:
Droppin Ordnance wrote:
x 100,000,000,000

That's bullshit.

Nope, totally awful.

What, did it not have enough special effects? Not enough T and A?

Dean Corso for Mod 2005!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:40 am 
Johnny Guitar

Dean Corso wrote:
Clubber wrote:
Dean Corso wrote:
Clubber wrote:
Droppin Ordnance wrote:
Peeps wrote:
Droppin Ordnance wrote:
Peeps wrote:
Droppin Ordnance wrote:
x 100,000,000,000

That's bullshit.

Nope, totally awful.

not enough T and A...............plus theres no crying in baseball

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:41 am 
High Roller
 WWW  Profile

Dean Corso wrote:
Clubber wrote:
Dean Corso wrote:
Clubber wrote:
Droppin Ordnance wrote:
Peeps wrote:
Droppin Ordnance wrote:
Peeps wrote:
Droppin Ordnance wrote:
x 100,000,000,000

That's bullshit.

Nope, totally awful.

Special effects? What good sports movies has special effects? It's a lame movie. A sports movie should have emotion. It should inspire you to do better in life. It should possibly bringa tear to your eyes. It should have several classic moments. This movie has none of that. It's a total chick flick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:44 am 
Force of Nature

Clubber wrote:
Special effects? What good sports movies has special effects? It's a lame movie. A sports movie should have emotion. It should inspire you to do better in life. It should possibly bringa tear to your eyes. It should have several classic moments. This movie has none of that. It's a total chick flick

Agreed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:47 am 
Got Some
 YIM  Profile

Well, I'd say the Sandlot. But I'm biased, because it was filmed mostly in my hometown.

http://www.last.fm/user/csibrandon/

RIP: Evil Bunny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:49 am 
Banned from the Pit
 WWW  Profile

Clubber wrote:
Dean Corso wrote:
Clubber wrote:
Dean Corso wrote:
Clubber wrote:
Droppin Ordnance wrote:
Peeps wrote:
Droppin Ordnance wrote:
Peeps wrote:
Droppin Ordnance wrote:
x 100,000,000,000

That's bullshit.

Nope, totally awful.

I completely disagree. A League of Their Own is a GREAT film. If you can get past Madonna and the anti-male Rosie O'Donnell, Geena Davis and Lori Petty steal the film as struggling sisters. This film is fucking awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:57 am 
Supersonic
 WWW  Profile

FOR-EV-EVERRR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:39 am 
Got Some

Clubber wrote:
Dean Corso wrote:
Clubber wrote:
Dean Corso wrote:
Clubber wrote:
Droppin Ordnance wrote:
Peeps wrote:
Droppin Ordnance wrote:
Peeps wrote:
Droppin Ordnance wrote:
x 100,000,000,000

That's bullshit.

Nope, totally awful.

Yeah, it was great. You listen to Tool. You know nothing about emotion.

Dean Corso for Mod 2005!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:28 pm 
High Roller
 WWW  Profile

Dean Corso wrote:
Clubber wrote:
Dean Corso wrote:
Clubber wrote:
Dean Corso wrote:
Clubber wrote:
Droppin Ordnance wrote:
Peeps wrote:
Droppin Ordnance wrote:
Peeps wrote:
Droppin Ordnance wrote:
x 100,000,000,000

That's bullshit.

Nope, totally awful.

Yeah, it was great. You listen to Tool. You know nothing about emotion.

You like a totally girly chick flick. You better check your pants buddy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:29 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Varsity Blues
The Program
American Anthem
Rudy
Major League
Rocky IV
Field Of Dreams
The Natural

no one else can heal your soul.

Last edited by Estranged on Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports