Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dear Terrorists,
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:28 pm 
Supersonic

Ensign9 wrote:
Please just detonate a nuke in Buffalo. We can't take it anymore.

Sincerely,

The Citizenry of Buffalo

I'm so glad I opened this thread. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:12 pm 
Force of Nature

Buffalo, "At Least it's Not Rochester!"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:13 am 
Supersonic
 WWW  Profile

bump

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:17 am 
Supersonic

I can't believe I took Buffalo in the pick em....ugh

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:09 am 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:26 pm 
Got Some

Anon wrote:
Buffalo, "At Least it's Not Rochester!"

Crapchester

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:48 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=258941&lid= ... Story_main

REPORT: GOLISANO LISTENING TO OFFERS FOR SABRES

A story to be released in Western New York Hockey magazine later this week says that Buffalo Sabres owner Tom Golisano is looking to sell the NHL club.

The report, citing an unnamed source, says that talks are in the exploratory stage and that Golisano is listening to offers.

The story also says that Sabres minority owner Larry Quinn is actively looking to find a buyer, and that Research in Motion co-founder Jim Balsillie has been approached.

Balsillie has been pursuing an NHL franchise for some time, coming up empty in plans to acquire the Pittsburgh Penguins and Nashville Predators. Balsillie's $220 million offer for the Predators fell through in 2007 after he started taking season ticket deposits in Hamilton. Balsillie also made a bid to purchase the Penguins in 2006, but withdrew it after receiving notice from the NHL that the league would restrict his control over the team.

Balsillie also reportedly approached Golisano about a potential sale of the Sabres last December, only to be turned down.

The Western New York Hockey magazine article adds that a deal could be struck where the Sabres play part of their home schedule at Hamilton's Copps Coliseum.

The news comes just as the league's Board of Governors are set to meet in Palm Beach, Florida. The crumbling economy is expected to be the top issue for discussion amidst speculation that several NHL owners are struggling with rising costs.

Files from WROC-TV in Rochester, NY and rochesterhomepage.net were used for this report.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:08 pm 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

we would welcome the team being sold to someone willing to spend money as long as it isnt moved

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:58 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

mecca2687 wrote:
we would welcome the team being sold to someone willing to spend money as long as it isnt moved

I've got a feeling that Balsillie would want to move the team. One of his biggest obstacles to another southern ontario team is the sabres territorial rights and if you buy the team that problem goes away.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:00 pm 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

teflonsteve wrote:
mecca2687 wrote:

I've got a feeling that Balsillie would want to move the team. One of his biggest obstacles to another southern ontario team is the sabres territorial rights and if you buy the team that problem goes away.

The NHL would not let him move a team from the US market that has some of the best hockey viewer ratings. Hell, we were #2 during the cup finals and didn't even make the playoffs.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:11 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

mecca2687 wrote:
teflonsteve wrote:
mecca2687 wrote:

The NHL would not let him move a team from the US market that has some of the best hockey viewer ratings. Hell, we were #2 during the cup finals and didn't even make the playoffs.

That is true. I would think that buffalo is low on the list of teams the NHL would like to move. Interestingly, there is already a denial from the sabres camp.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=258941&lid= ... Story_main

Buffalo Sabres minority owner Larry Quinn denied a report on Monday saying majority owner Tom Golisano is looking to sell the NHL club.

A story to be released in Western New York Hockey magazine later this week says - citing an unnamed source - that talks are in the exploratory stage and that Golisano is listening to offers. The story adds that Quinn is actively looking to find a buyer, and that Research in Motion co-founder Jim Balsillie has been approached.

"Absolutely not," Quinn told TSN on Monday. "We're not selling the team, we're not moving the team to Hamilton, there is absolutely nothing going on."

Balsillie has been pursuing an NHL franchise for some time, coming up empty in plans to acquire the Pittsburgh Penguins and Nashville Predators. Balsillie's $220 million offer for the Predators fell through in 2007 after he started taking season ticket deposits in Hamilton. Balsillie also made a bid to purchase the Penguins in 2006, but withdrew it after receiving notice from the NHL that the league would restrict his control over the team.

Balsillie also reportedly approached Golisano about a potential sale of the Sabres last December, only to be turned down.

"From time to time reports surface quoting anonymous sources claiming a club is for sale, or that Jim is doing this or that with respect to a particular club," Balsillie's lawyer Richard Rodier told TSN on Monday. "These reports have generally been inaccurate. More importantly, these reports unfairly put the incumbent owners (or club management) in the uncomfortable and potentially destabilizing situation of having to comment on these inaccurate reports. Very unfairly. As such we have no comment beyond referring you to the statement made by Larry Quinn, the Managing Partner of the Sabres."

Quinn added that while the owenership group will always keep an open ear to offers, they are not looking for suitors right now.

"We listen to everything," he told TSN. "However, the reality is we're happy and we're definitely not shopping for a buyer."

The Western New York Hockey magazine article adds that a deal could be struck where the Sabres play part of their home schedule at Hamilton's Copps Coliseum.

The news comes just as the league's Board of Governors are set to meet in Palm Beach, Florida. The crumbling economy is expected to be the top issue for discussion amidst speculation that several NHL owners are struggling with rising costs.

Files from WROC-TV in Rochester, NY and rochesterhomepage.net were used for this report.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:15 pm 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

i got all this info a few hours ago, actually

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:19 pm 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

i even went ahead to throw this silly little picture together

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:06 pm 
Supersonic
 WWW  Profile

Larry Quinn could tell me the sun was gonna come up tomorrow and I'd still call him a liar and shit on his coat.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:18 pm 
Stone's Bitch

Ensign9 wrote:
Larry Quinn could tell me the sun was gonna come up tomorrow and I'd still call him a liar and shit on his coat.

:lol:

Winner, 2008 US Pearl Jam fantasy league. :D

Everton FC: 3-1-5
Anaheim Webbed D's: 5-6-2
USC Football: 7-2
Denver Broncos: 3-5

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:46 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Ensign9 wrote:

That is sig-worthy gold right there

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:00 pm 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:17 pm 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

from buffalobills.com
Quote:

Dick Jauron has been retained as head coach by the Buffalo Bills for the 2009 season. This disclosure was made today by Bills owner, Ralph C. Wilson, Jr.

Mr. Wilson stated “It is well known that I share many of the fans’ dissatisfaction with our offensive game management. That being said, I believe that this team, at this time, is better served by continuity in the coaching staff rather than a disruptive overhaul. The team played hard all year long and there are many positives to build on. This is not to say that we will be complacent. In my discussions with Dick and our senior football people the issues are recognized and I am confident they will be addressed.”

Wilson added “I believe in the last few years we have gotten close personnel wise and look forward to another strong draft, more assertive veteran leadership and continued improvement from our young quarterback.”

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:44 pm 
Force of Nature

mecca2687 wrote:
from buffalobills.com
Quote:

Dick Jauron has been retained as head coach by the Buffalo Bills for the 2009 season. This disclosure was made today by Bills owner, Ralph C. Wilson, Jr.

Mr. Wilson stated “It is well known that I share many of the fans’ dissatisfaction with our offensive game management. That being said, I believe that this team, at this time, is better served by continuity in the coaching staff rather than a disruptive overhaul. The team played hard all year long and there are many positives to build on. This is not to say that we will be complacent. In my discussions with Dick and our senior football people the issues are recognized and I am confident they will be addressed.”

Wilson added “I believe in the last few years we have gotten close personnel wise and look forward to another strong draft, more assertive veteran leadership and continued improvement from our young quarterback.”

This team will never let me down from here on out. This was a bombshell of stupidity. I learned my lesson. Never....ever....trust the Bills to do anything right. Now we have to play the waiting game and wait for Ralph to Pass.

At this point, i'm so numb from this decision, i'd rather not have a team in buffalo than to be subjected to this nonsense.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:16 pm 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

http://www.wgr550.com/Report--Ko-Simpso ... ed/3590995

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports