Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 346 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: The Official Washington Redskins Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:02 pm
Posts: 6405
Location: DC
Gender: Male
And to start it off...

Fuck Albert Haynesworth

And, thank you London Fletcher. Every player in the NFL should have your attitude, character and leadership. You are one of the very FEW things Vinny Cerato and Synder got right:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redski ... insinsider


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Washington Redskins Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Administrator
 Profile

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:53 pm
Posts: 20537
Location: The City Of Trees
The Haynesworth thing will be interesting. Shanny has a very good track record of unloading players with ridiculous demands (Clinton Portis, Ashley Lelie), but the contract that he has to deal with is unprecedented.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Washington Redskins Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:36 pm
Posts: 25824
Location: south jersey
agreed, london flectcher is the man

please bump this thread everytime mcnabb throws at a receivers feet. thanks

_________________
Feel the path of every day,... Which road you taking?,...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Washington Redskins Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:02 pm
Posts: 6405
Location: DC
Gender: Male
Green Habit wrote:
The Haynesworth thing will be interesting. Shanny has a very good track record of unloading players with ridiculous demands (Clinton Portis, Ashley Lelie), but the contract that he has to deal with is unprecedented.


Interesting that Shanny and Portis are together again...Sounds like Westbrook may sign as well, so the RB role is pretty crowded. I imagine if Westbrook is signed, Parker may get cut.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Washington Redskins Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:02 pm
Posts: 6405
Location: DC
Gender: Male
warehouse wrote:
agreed, london flectcher is the man

please bump this thread everytime mcnabb throws at a receivers feet. thanks


Hahaha. Hopefully this won't happen to often. I know the receivers are getting shit on right now, but Devon Thomas and Malcolm Kelley are entering their 3rd year, and that a lot of times is the break out year for receivers (see Miles Austin). Anyway, I think with Mike Shanahan the offense, and particularly the receivers will be much better. If Kelley and Thomas have at least mediocre to solid years, I think we'll be pretty good with Moss, Cooley, Davis, Portis, McNabb, etc...I can envision the Skins actually being capable of scoring more than 14pts per game.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Washington Redskins Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:02 pm
Posts: 6405
Location: DC
Gender: Male
On a side note...Bruce Allen (new GM) has hinted that the Redskins will be going back to a more traditional look, like this:

Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Washington Redskins Thread
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:36 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:36 pm
Posts: 25824
Location: south jersey
darth_vedder wrote:
warehouse wrote:
agreed, london flectcher is the man

please bump this thread everytime mcnabb throws at a receivers feet. thanks


Hahaha. Hopefully this won't happen to often. I know the receivers are getting shit on right now, but Devon Thomas and Malcolm Kelley are entering their 3rd year, and that a lot of times is the break out year for receivers (see Miles Austin). Anyway, I think with Mike Shanahan the offense, and particularly the receivers will be much better. If Kelley and Thomas have at least mediocre to solid years, I think we'll be pretty good with Moss, Cooley, Davis, Portis, McNabb, etc...I can envision the Skins actually being capable of scoring more than 14pts per game.

mcnabb never played in an offense that stressed the run, and im sure thats what they will do in dc this year. i expect cooley to benefit big time from 5 being there, but mcnabb will still throw 2-3 wormburners a game. im interested to see how they use him. he throws deep better than he throws short so expect some shots down the field.

still not sure where westbrook will sign, but i know the skins wanted him.

_________________
Feel the path of every day,... Which road you taking?,...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Washington Redskins Thread
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:00 am 
Offline
User avatar
Landry
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:50 am
Posts: 11842
goddamn redskins


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Washington Redskins Thread
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:58 am 
Offline
User avatar
Administrator
 Profile

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:53 pm
Posts: 20537
Location: The City Of Trees
I'm eager to see how Shanny is going to use Cooley. The ZBS frequently requires a true fullback on the field, and I can't remember a Shanny offense that ever used an H-back. Can he revert to being a traditional pass-catching tight end?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Washington Redskins Thread
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:26 am 
Offline
User avatar
Landry
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:50 am
Posts: 11842
Green Habit wrote:
I'm eager to see how Shanny is going to use Cooley. The ZBS frequently requires a true fullback on the field, and I can't remember a Shanny offense that ever used an H-back. Can he revert to being a traditional pass-catching tight end?


no


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Washington Redskins Thread
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:02 pm
Posts: 6405
Location: DC
Gender: Male
parchy wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
I'm eager to see how Shanny is going to use Cooley. The ZBS frequently requires a true fullback on the field, and I can't remember a Shanny offense that ever used an H-back. Can he revert to being a traditional pass-catching tight end?


no


Yes. Cooley is pretty much our best receiver. Also, this is Mike Shanahan's O, but I'm not very sure how much different he is from his pops, as I didn't really watch any Texans games last year.

The D has me a bit worried though, and this is opposite of how things normally are...Typically the team is a top 10 D, but the O is way down in the 20's. I'm not sure how the guys will adjust to a 3-4 scheme. Add that to the Haynesworth drama, and it could be a big distraction / setback.

I know I'm a Redskins homer n'all, but I actually have a good feeling about this coming season. Last year, I predicted the Skins to go 5-11, and wasn't too far off. This year, I can definitely see them going 9-7 maybe 10-6 and a Wild Card.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Washington Redskins Thread
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Administrator
 Profile

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:53 pm
Posts: 20537
Location: The City Of Trees
Shanny has had an identity crisis with defense recently, which is almost certainly what doomed him in Denver in the end. I read he's going to a 3-4, which is something he's toyed with doing before but never went through with it. I would be prepared for some tough times on the defensive side for the beginning. Hopefully he gives Haslett a fair shake to do what he can do.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Washington Redskins Thread
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Landry
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:50 am
Posts: 11842
I think the skins will have the same problems with the 3-4 switch every team does in its first year. It's a pervasive switch. I have no idea if they'll still be able to be top 10, but I'd be interested to see what defenses did in their first years in the scheme. I think the Cowboys' first year in the 3-4 they were were near the bottom of the league in defense.

Do you know if its one gap or two gap?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Washington Redskins Thread
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:02 pm
Posts: 6405
Location: DC
Gender: Male
parchy wrote:
I think the skins will have the same problems with the 3-4 switch every team does in its first year. It's a pervasive switch. I have no idea if they'll still be able to be top 10, but I'd be interested to see what defenses did in their first years in the scheme. I think the Cowboys' first year in the 3-4 they were were near the bottom of the league in defense.

Do you know if its one gap or two gap?


It's based off of the Steelers D, so whatever they do.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Washington Redskins Thread
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:02 pm
Posts: 6405
Location: DC
Gender: Male
Interesting take by Wilbon regarding the Haynesworth situation:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcspor ... _a_st.html

I don't necessarily agree with him, but the idea of the NFL toning down the offseason isn't a bad one. 20 yrs. ago, players were chilling out, partying, etc...now its workouts, mini camps, voluntary camps, mandatory camps, then summer training camp.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Washington Redskins Thread
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:54 am 
Offline
User avatar
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:02 pm
Posts: 6405
Location: DC
Gender: Male
Bruce Allen was a good hire, and has already been a positive influence on the team. Things like below link, even if just a PR move, make me think the Redskins, despite Haynesworth, are continuing heading in the right direction. Although the new regime has yet to play a game together, I like the road Dan Snyder has finally gotten on. Small things like bringing in former players (who are in the HOF and have SB rings), goes a long way for team unity and identity. The Redskins, even though being a dismal franchise since the first Gibbs era, are a storied team. This isn't some shit franchise...They're an original charter team of the NFL, one of the very few teams to appear in 5 super bowls, have multiple Hall Of Famers, hell, even Lombardi coached them. Anyway, after ready the article, just got nostalgic, and it makes all the Albert crap seem so small.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redski ... ay-of.html


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Washington Redskins Thread
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:02 pm
Posts: 6405
Location: DC
Gender: Male
warehouse wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
warehouse wrote:
agreed, london flectcher is the man

please bump this thread everytime mcnabb throws at a receivers feet. thanks


Hahaha. Hopefully this won't happen to often. I know the receivers are getting shit on right now, but Devon Thomas and Malcolm Kelley are entering their 3rd year, and that a lot of times is the break out year for receivers (see Miles Austin). Anyway, I think with Mike Shanahan the offense, and particularly the receivers will be much better. If Kelley and Thomas have at least mediocre to solid years, I think we'll be pretty good with Moss, Cooley, Davis, Portis, McNabb, etc...I can envision the Skins actually being capable of scoring more than 14pts per game.

mcnabb never played in an offense that stressed the run, and im sure thats what they will do in dc this year. i expect cooley to benefit big time from 5 being there, but mcnabb will still throw 2-3 wormburners a game. im interested to see how they use him. he throws deep better than he throws short so expect some shots down the field.

still not sure where westbrook will sign, but i know the skins wanted him.


He seems very interested in the Skins as well...two motivating factors for him are that he's from the DC area, and his brother plays for the Redskins.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Washington Redskins Thread
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:02 pm
Posts: 6405
Location: DC
Gender: Male
Skins v. Boys miracle finishes:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Washington Redskins Thread
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:51 am
Posts: 43609
Location: My city smells like Cheerios
Gender: Male
we actually have a Skins fan on the board!

_________________
"No matter how hard you kill Jesus, he would always just come back and hit you twice as hard."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Washington Redskins Thread
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:02 pm
Posts: 6405
Location: DC
Gender: Male
Mecca wrote:
we actually have a Skins fan on the board!


Hell yes!

Are you a Bills fan? I see you're from Buffalo...I'll be rooting for them, b/c I follow Clemson to, and CJ is the real deal.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 346 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:40 am