Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 346 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Official Washington Redskins Thread
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:12 pm 
Unthought Known

Wow. By the skin of their teeth. Nice to see them fight back after Grossman's rough start.

"Remember back the early days when you were young and thus amazed."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:27 am 
Unthought Known

Someone called in the Sports Junkies morning radio show today when they were talking about the Giants defensive players laying down with fake injuries against a threatening Rams offense. Said caller was raving about the PJ20 screening. 8)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:44 pm 
Unthought Known

Pffft. Fuckin' Rex Grossman.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:48 pm 
Unthought Known

Riot Actor 25 wrote:
Pffft. Fuckin' Rex Grossman.

Ryan Torain was nice though. But yeah, I'm not sure about Rex...is Beck better though? I don't know. At 3-1, it just doesn't seem right to make a change.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:17 pm 
Unthought Known

Yeah, I wouldn't play Beck in favor of Grossman. I'm just whining about what everyone already knew about Grossman. That ball off Moss's hands wasn't his fault, but that Laurinaitis interception? Classic Rex, and when the Rams had crawled back to within 7, you just want to throw your shoe at the TV or something.

First you pull one of these: :roll: , and then you do one of these: :shake:

And so it goes with Rex under center.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:45 pm 
Administrator

I have a feeling that Shanny's going to grab a QB in the first round next year. He won't stand pat at that position.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:32 pm 
Unthought Known

Green Habit wrote:
I have a feeling that Shanny's going to grab a QB in the first round next year. He won't stand pat at that position.

I think that's what the fan base really expects. The problem with that is finding a good QB coming out of college in the next year. And the chances of stumbling onto a Tom Brady-esque late-draft pick are about as good as expecting a rookie to perform really well straight out of college. Grossman's starting because he and Kyle Shanahan worked together in Houston. They roomed together. They're friends. But everyone knows that Grossman's good for a pick and possibly a fumble each game. The best bet Washington has right now is to turn itself into a team like the Ravens where defense dominates and helps win games in spite of a lackluster QB. The Redskins have a solid defense again, running backs, some good receivers. They just don't have the number one spot, and given the notion that the last several Super Bowls have been won by teams with outstanding quarterbacks (The Mannings, Roethlisberger, Brees, Rodgers, Brady), until Washington has a true leader, they'll always have difficulty on the field.

3-1's a nice place to be, but man, letting that Dallas game slip away still leaves a bitter after-taste. Philly's got problems, but they'll correct them and the Giants are gaining momentum. With Romo always the hero or the goat from week to week, the Redskins need to win now and maintain a strong standing because towards the end of the season the schedule's pretty rough, and games that seemed like guaranteed wins now aren't so rock-solid.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:58 pm 
Unthought Known

Here is the top 2012 QB prospects:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/pros ... SX/2012_QB

Not sure about most of them...Maybe Tannehill will be available?

Having Rex under center scares me, but I'm not sold the Beck is the guy either. Hopefully the team continues to bring it defensively, and rolls with the 3 RB approach to take some pressure off the guy. I still don't know if the team will do much better than 9-7 though. And if we finish in the middle somewhere, getting a quality QB in the 1st seems unlikely (barring a trade). Maybe FA is the way to get the next QB? I don't know. Are there any current starters / back-ups available for next year (preferably under 27 years old)?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:59 pm 
trying to make a career out of postwhoring

darth_vedder wrote:

Having Rex under center scares me, but I'm not sold the Beck is the guy either. Hopefully the team continues to bring it defensively, and rolls with the 3 RB approach to take some pressure off the guy. I still don't know if the team will do much better than 9-7 though. And if we finish in the middle somewhere, getting a quality QB in the 1st seems unlikely (barring a trade). Maybe FA is the way to get the next QB? I don't know. Are there any current starters / back-ups available for next year (preferably under 27 years old)?

They can probably pick up Stephen Garcia as a FA next year.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:04 pm 
Unthought Known

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:

You shut your dirty whore mouth you!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:07 pm 

darth_vedder wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:

All i'm saying is he should be available!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:10 pm 
Unthought Known

darth_vedder wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:

If he's not in jail.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:35 pm 
Unthought Known

darth_vedder wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:

If he's not in jail.

Oh I don't know. Kerry Collins took a mostly drunken underachieving collegiate career and turned it in to a lot of money for being mostly garbage as a pro.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:48 pm 
AnalLog

Electromatic wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:

If he's not in jail.

Oh I don't know. Kerry Collins took a mostly drunken underachieving collegiate career and turned it in to a lot of money for being mostly garbage as a pro.

they should trade for tebow.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:57 pm 
Unthought Known

EllisEamos wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:

If he's not in jail.

Call me crazy, but if Tebow is gonna morph into an H-back / Full Back / TIght End position, I'd consider him for Cooley. I love Captain Chaos, but I mean, he's 8 years into his career...not sure how much gas is left in the tank.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:01 pm 

darth_vedder wrote:
EllisEamos wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:

If he's not in jail.

Call me crazy, but if Tebow is gonna morph into an H-back / Full Back / TIght End position, I'd consider him for Cooley. I love Captain Chaos, but I mean, he's 8 years into his career...not sure how much gas is left in the tank.

I really wish Tebow would just swallow his pride and go this route.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:05 pm 
Unthought Known

darth_vedder wrote:
EllisEamos wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:

If he's not in jail.

I really wish Tebow would just swallow his pride and go this route.

It would probably do him good. He just doesn't seem cut out to be an NFL QB. From what little I have read about him with the Broncos, it seems like he could be a quality H-Back / TE / FB, and Special Teams ace though. Guys like that can make very nice, not too flashy, long term NFL careers. Nothing wrong with getting paid 600k / year over the next 12 years or so. Beats what pretty much anyone else does.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:45 pm 
Administrator

I think Tebow can still be a fine QB. I don't think he's the QB for John Fox's offense, though. I could see Shanny taking an interest in him, if he wants a Jake Plummer style QB instead of a Jay Cutler style.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:15 pm 
See you in another life, brother

Green Habit wrote:
I think Tebow can still be a fine QB. I don't think he's the QB for John Fox's offense, though.

This x 1,000.

Fox strikes me as a guy who would keep trying to jam a square peg into a round hole for 10,000 years.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:13 am 
Spacegirl

what's chris cooley's beef with tony romo?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 346 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 18  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports