Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 346 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Official Washington Redskins Thread
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:20 pm 
Unthought Known

Laron Landry is now a Jet for one year. And Donte Stallworth is in New England.

I'm kind of bummed to see Landry go. He seemed like a solid pickup after Sean Taylor, but he just never measured up and it seemed like he was always more concerned with working out and posting pics of himself than learning how to properly wrap up. In the past few seasons he'd always try and deliver the big hit, but he was just never going to be as much of a battering ram as Taylor always was. I can recall several plays where he'd bounce off offensive players who'd then gain more yards, and that Brandon Jacobs steamrolling play will forever be etched in my mind. Too bad.

"Remember back the early days when you were young and thus amazed."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:24 pm 
a joke

the skins are beginning to look like a force to be reckoned with.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:34 pm 
Unthought Known

Skitch Patterson wrote:

Jinx!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:35 pm 
a joke

Riot Actor 25 wrote:
Skitch Patterson wrote:

Jinx!

can he play corner?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:52 pm 
Unthought Known

Skitch Patterson wrote:
Riot Actor 25 wrote:
Skitch Patterson wrote:

Jinx!

can he play corner?

Probably not, but then he'll pick up a big paycheck, become a free agent, then go to another team where he'll excel like never before. Its called "what to expect as a Redskins fan." But hey, at least we're in contention to win the offseason and put another imaginary trophy in Snyder's display case this summer.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:55 pm 
a joke

Riot Actor 25 wrote:
Skitch Patterson wrote:
Riot Actor 25 wrote:
Skitch Patterson wrote:

Jinx!

can he play corner?

Probably not, but then he'll pick up a big paycheck, become a free agent, then go to another team where he'll excel like never before. Its called "what to expect as a Redskins fan." But hey, at least we're in contention to win the offseason and put another imaginary trophy in Snyder's display case this summer.

How exactly are the skins in "contention to win the offseason?"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:31 pm 
AnalLog

Skitch Patterson wrote:
Riot Actor 25 wrote:
Skitch Patterson wrote:
Riot Actor 25 wrote:
Skitch Patterson wrote:

Jinx!

can he play corner?

How exactly are the skins in "contention to win the offseason?"
Skitch, they signed Pierre Graçon and will be drafting RG3!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:36 pm 
a joke

and Rex Grossman which by rule negates anything else that may have been done.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:50 am 
Banned from the Pit

This series iridescence underwear not means some colorful pattern prints,not make you spinning in a daze of colors.All of them have the main color and iridescence waistband.Why not wear the calvin klein steel,calvin klein underwear men http://www.wearfoot.com Calvin Klein underwear to match your low rise jeans and let people get a glimpse of the eye catching iridescence waistband.You will love it when you wear it the first time.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:36 pm 
Unthought Known

Donovan McNabb doesn't see RG3 as good fit with Redskins

By Gary Mihoces, USA TODAY
Updated 2h 16m ago

Donovan McNabb, who wasn't a good fit at quarterback for the Washington Redskins in 2010, says Robert Griffin III won't be either if coach Mike Shanahan makes him the No. 2 pick in the NFL draft next month.

"I say that because a lot of times ego gets too involved when it comes to being in Washington," McNabb said Thursday on ESPN's First Take.

"Here's a guy coming out who's very talented, mobile, strong arm, we've already heard he's intelligent -- football mind. Are you going to cater the offense around his talents and what he's able to do? Or are you going to bring the Houston offense with Matt Schaub over to him and have him kind of be imbedded in that?"

Kyle Shanahan, son of Mike and Redskins offensive coordinator, formerly was offensive coordinator in Houston with Schaub at quarterback.

"We talk so much about Mike Shanahan and the things he was able to do in Denver (as Broncos head coach). Well, I have a couple of names for you … quarterbacks that he's coached and the lack of success that he's had."

Shanahan won two Super Bowls with John Elway at quarterback in Denver. But McNabb mentioned John Beck and Rex Grossman (both in Washington) and Jay Cutler, Jake Plummer and Brian Griese (all in Denver).

McNabb described Plummer as a "guy who had success, led them (the Broncos) to the AFC championship against Pittsburgh … and then (Shanahan) benched him the next year because he wouldn't do what he wanted him to do.''

McNabb said he has questions about what kind of offense Washington would run with Griffin, the Heisman Trophy winner from Baylor.

"Is it the spread offense that you try to continue to (have) flourish that he's been successful in? Or are you just going to have him in a foxhole with a makeshift offensive line, (and) you keep bringing in receivers," said McNabb. "What are we going to see?. I don't think it's a great fit. I think the D.C. fan base will support RG3 because they love the acquisition. …. But if this doesn't work this year, if we don't see a splash like a Cam Newton splash (as a rookie last season with the Carolina Panthers) this could be it."

McNabb arrived in Washington with much fanfare in 2010 via a trade with the Philadelphia Eagles. After a season in which he threw for 14 touchdowns and 15 interceptions, the Redskins traded him to the Minnesota Vikings.

McNabb was asked if he has an axe to grind with Shanahan and the Redskins.

"You know what, I do but I don't," said McNabb. "The whole deal about it is we hear so much about players ... the next year would be a lot better, give him a chance to learn the offense and understand what we do. …. I never got that chance (in Washington). And a lot of people haven't. … You're only as good as the guys around you, and also you have to be in a system that's catered to your ability.''

Shanahan told the Washington Post this week at the NFL owners meeting that he wouldn't rule out starting a rookie quarterback to open the season. Griffin is expected to be the No. 2 pick behind Stanford's Andrew Luck, likely choice of the Indianapolis Colts

"You put him in there when you feel like he's ready to go," Shanahan said. " When you make a move to the second pick in the draft, you've got to feel comfortable with both guys (Griffin and Luck).

"You get someone you feel like can be a franchise quarterback for years to come -- that doesn't happen very often. They're hard to find."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:29 pm 
Unthought Known

McNabb is an old fool now. Shanahan is stubborn, sure, but McNabb couldn't even throw the ball on target. He hasn't worked on a few teams for a reason. He was in the perfect situation with the Eagles. Won't find that many places.

We are trapped in the belly of this horrible machine, and the machine is bleeding to death.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:33 pm 
Unthought Known

I think Griffin could be the right option, but I'm not sure Shannahan is the right coach for him either.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:36 pm 
On the bright side

My stepson and a few friends are die hard 'Skins fans, and they all keep saying the same thing. RG3 will come in, the 'Skins will have another losing record this year, and they will fire Shanahan and bring in someone suited better for RG3's style.

When will they learn that Snyder needs to fire himself before anything good happens?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:25 pm 
Unthought Known

Rebar wrote:
When will they learn that Snyder needs to fire himself before anything good happens?

We all recognize that. A large part of the fans really loathe him.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:29 pm 
AnalLog

this is a perfect example of why mcnabb wasnt the fan favorite in philly that westbrook, trotter and dawkins were. dude is a prima donna, and finally the rest of the nation is starting to see it instead of blaming us for being shitty fans.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:18 pm 
AnalLog

warehouse wrote:
this is a perfect example of why mcnabb wasnt the fan favorite in philly that westbrook, trotter and dawkins were. dude is a prima donna, and finally the rest of the nation is starting to see it instead of blaming us for being shitty fans.
don't sell yourself short, you're still the worst fans in the country, but most people understood that mcnabb was a douche and a choker.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:33 pm 
Interweb Celebrity

I just moved to DC and quite honestly it doesn't strike me as a big sports town. Are most Redskins fans in Maryland or elsewhere? Or am I wrong?

We gotta watch our backs

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:58 am 
Unthought Known

corduroy_blazer wrote:
I just moved to DC and quite honestly it doesn't strike me as a big sports town. Are most Redskins fans in Maryland or elsewhere? Or am I wrong?

No, its not a big sports town compared to other cities, but it has all four major sports teams. Redskins, Nationals, Wizards, and Capitals. Its just that the teams have been bad for so long that its hard to get excited. The Caps are the biggest shot at doing anything and they've failed to live up to their expectations each year.

The Redskins are still the dominating team in terms of popularity, although Snyder's more of a businessman first and diehard fan second. Most hate him as an owner. He's jacked up prices everywhere and tried to emulate Jerry Jones with horrendous results. DC itself has tons of Redskins fans. The stadium is outside the city in Landover, MD, and the practice facilities are in Ashburn, VA, an affluent suburb. The original stadium inside the city, RFK, only holds DC United Soccer games and seldomly concerts of the small sort. When the Skins were still in DC, there was more enthusiasm, when they were winning Super Bowls back in the late 80s and early 90s. Since then, its been kind of hard to expect a whole lot with each season.

But the Wizards are rebuilding, the Caps are fighting for a playoff spot, and the Nationals are trying to strengthen their roster as well. One thing that people have to consider is that DC and the surrounding metropolitan area is filled with transient government workers who've moved here from all kinds of different places around the country. In the last month, I've seen Jersey, Utah, Florida, Georgia, California, and Oregon tags mixed in with all the Virginia, DC, and Maryland ones. The government will never go out of business so there's work here for military families and civil servants, but in an area with 4 million people, lots of those who've come from other states retain their love for their old home city teams. They don't immediately become fans of DC teams, particularly when they've been rather terrible for a few decades.

So while it may not be Boston or New York in terms of the rabid fanbase, there are definitely fans out there. You just may have a little difficulty spotting them amidst all the political and military personnel.

But welcome. I hope you enjoy what the area has to offer.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:40 pm 
AnalLog

so did jabar gaffney go crazy or something?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:49 pm 
Administrator

warehouse wrote:
so did jabar gaffney go crazy or something?
Heh, wow.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 346 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports