Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 346 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Official Washington Redskins Thread
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:04 pm 
Administrator

Good thing the Broncos traded him, even if they got jack shit in return.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:01 pm 
Unthought Known

Yeah, he's taking a little flack for that. Some people just shouldn't be on twitter, let alone allowed to speak freely.

"Remember back the early days when you were young and thus amazed."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:46 am 
Unthought Known

They beat a struggling Seahawks team and a QB with a torn pectoral. Allllll riiiiiiight. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:54 pm 
Unthought Known

The reverse/TD pass downfield from Banks to Moss is the most exciting play I've seen all year from Shanny, Jr.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:26 pm 
Unthought Known

So...Manning and RG3 to the Redskins? They have the money to do it. I've heard a few rumors that this is what they are looking to do, but who knows. They were very low-key last offseason, but everyone knows priority #1 is a QB. Looking forward to the draft to see what goes down.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:25 pm 
Unthought Known

darth_vedder wrote:
So...Manning and RG3 to the Redskins? They have the money to do it. I've heard a few rumors that this is what they are looking to do, but who knows. They were very low-key last offseason, but everyone knows priority #1 is a QB. Looking forward to the draft to see what goes down.

You have your arguments for and against Manning. I just can't see him playing for this team, nor do I see Washington willing to trade away the farm to move up to grab Griffin. Hate to say it, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Rex back under center next season.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:53 pm 
Unthought Known

They should probably stand pat and try to get a left tackle where they are.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:29 pm 
Unthought Known

Electromatic wrote:
They should probably stand pat and try to get a left tackle where they are.

Trent Williams is going into his third year, and showed improvement his second year (prior to the suspension for pot). I think the team is kinda set for now at LT.

I'm pretty sure most Redskins fans will agree that getting a QB is priority #1. We can wait till the later rounds to pick up linemen. If the team does not end up with Peyton, and has to give up way too much to get Luck / RG, then I'd imagine they trade down for more picks. Use the 1st round pick on a WR or CB, and get a project QB like Tannehill in the 2nd round.

The most pressing needs:

1. QB
2. WR
3. CB
4. RT
5. SS / FS (not sure Landry is coming back, and even if he does, the team needs quality depth).
6. ILB (London Fletcher is amazing, but he's my age. Need to get a youngun in there).
7. OG

I hope the team does everything they can to trade picks with the Rams (#2 spot). However, I don't want to give up the farm to do so. If the price is right, then I'm all for moving up to get RG / Luck. Next on the list is WR. The team needs a true #1 receiver. Haven't had one for years, and a game changer is needed badly here. The secondary is also a concern, so getting at least one guy, whether a CB, FS, or SS is much needed too.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:31 pm 
Unthought Known

Riot Actor 25 wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:

You have your arguments for and against Manning. I just can't see him playing for this team, nor do I see Washington willing to trade away the farm to move up to grab Griffin. Hate to say it, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Rex back under center next season.

I think we're gonna see a surprise. The team is going to go all out to get a QB. Obviously, things can change, deals fall through, etc...but all signs are pointing to the team going after a big time QB like Manning or drafting one of the hot shots (Luck / RG). Who knows though, we still have a long way to go before all the wheeling and dealing goes down.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:45 pm 
Unthought Known

we're still not sure Peyton is going to have any arm strength yet. It may be possible to trade up to get RG3 but he's not getting past the Browns and they have plenty of picks to move up if they feel they need to.

You know, if Justin Blackmon is sitting there at 6, he's freaking incredible.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:05 pm 
Administrator

I say sign Kyle Orton in free agency and stay put in the draft and take Ryan Tannehill.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:57 pm 
Unthought Known

Green Habit wrote:
I say sign Kyle Orton in free agency and stay put in the draft and take Ryan Tannehill.

This could be interesting. I honestly haven't followed Orton too much, but he's gotta be less risky than Rex. Rex has potential, and right when he makes you think he's good, he fumbles or throws and INT. Very frustrating to say the least, unless you hate the Redskins, then I'd imagine it's quite funny.

People seem to be shaky on Tannehill b/c he's a converted QB, has choked under pressure / big games, and has had foot surgery recently. I think he has lots of upside however, and I won't be complaining if the Redskins draft him. Still though, I'd like for the team to try and move up to get Luck or Griffin. If neither are an option, then I hope the teams goes after the best available receiver or trades down for additional picks.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:32 pm 
AnalLog

Tannehill actually was a HS QB who was converted to receiver and then converted back to QB, hence why he played pretty well.

Always do the right thing.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:04 am 
Unthought Known

The report I heard after the Skins coaches attended the Senior Bowl is that they weren't all too impressed with some of the lesser QBs coming out in this draft. Luck's going to Indy, and Griffin will probably go to Cleveland. If they don't draft a QB I could see the Orton thing happening. I've heard that Shanny's not all that interested in Matt Flynn either. They could make a play for Manning and draft a project or get Orton and keep Rex as the backup.

Regarding Trent Williams, he's a pothead, he's always fighting after the whistle, and he's injury prone. I wouldn't mind seeing him sent packing in favor of someone else with a little better character.

I'd just rather see them build up the team through younger players, but given that McNabb was a bust, Rex completely sucked, and there aren't a whole lot of good options on the table regarding a QB, I'm fairly resigned to the idea that this upcoming season might be another long one.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:48 pm 
Unthought Known

I hear ya, and as Redskins fans, we have every reason to believe this team will yet again fall flat. I mean, it's what they do, and that has been the norm for the better part of 20 years. Having said that, I think we're gonna be in for some surprises this off-season. Whether it's getting one of the hot shot QBs in the draft or getting a big name FA QB, or making the most of the draft as they did last year. Either way, I think the team is heading in the right direction finally, and while we may not see a massive improvement this coming season, I think once a few more pieces are in place (lockdown CB, a real QB, and a play maker WR) then this team will be able to compete with the best of them.

I've heard that Flynn is a no go, Orton is a maybe, as is Manning, and that the team has already contacted the Rams for the #2 spot. Rex I suppose is the fall through, and the only silver lining with him is that it will be year 4 with Kyle Shanahan. With that, and if Rex must start, drafting a project QB like Tannehill could work, and Rex could be a solid mentor. I'm hoping Rex isn't the guy, but if he is, then I hope the team addresses all of the other needs, especially at WR, OL, and the Secondary.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:54 pm 
Unthought Known

I like Cousins if he can be drafted as a backup later on in the draft. I like his makeup but it's going to take a few years I think for him to get up to speed.

What if you take Blackmon in the first and manage to improve the Offensive Line later?

Is the RB situation solid?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:58 pm 
Administrator

On WRs, I've predicted several times that the Redskins will sign Eddie Royal. They have a need, Shanny drafted him on the Broncos, and he was born and raised just across the Potomac. He'll be a cost effective answer at that position.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:02 pm 
AnalLog

mike vick may be available after the eagles sign manning

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:03 pm 
Unthought Known

warehouse wrote:
mike vick may be available after the eagles sign manning

:) I think they'll actually hire a guy that can see over the center. I mean who would be dumb enough to pay Mike Vick big money after he got out of prison??? Who I ask you???

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:05 pm 
AnalLog

only someone dumb enough to teach him how to play qb

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 346 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 18  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports