Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 346 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Official Washington Redskins Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:57 pm 
Administrator

Donte Stallworth, Jabar Gaffney, and now Brandon Stokley. Clearly, the Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly experiment was a failure.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:59 pm 
Fuck Sharks

And Rex Grossman to throw the ball!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:05 pm 
Unthought Known

Yep. Watch out NFL, the Redskins are looking very scary :arrow:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:06 pm 
a joke

darth_vedder wrote:

Come on, you just signed 3 #3 recievers

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:08 pm 
Unthought Known

Skitch Patterson wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:

Come on, you just signed 3 #3 recievers

And we resigned a #2 receiver to play #1. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:16 pm 
Administrator

Hey darth, what scoop can you give me on Jeremy Jarmon? My first instinct is that this is one of the few trades that the Skins might win over the Broncos. From what I've seen, Jarmon has done a whole lot of nothing, while Gaffney has been a steady contributor.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:25 pm 
Unthought Known

Green Habit wrote:
Hey darth, what scoop can you give me on Jeremy Jarmon? My first instinct is that this is one of the few trades that the Skins might win over the Broncos. From what I've seen, Jarmon has done a whole lot of nothing, while Gaffney has been a steady contributor.

Jarmon was really good at Kentucky, think a lesser Da'Quan Bowers. He came to the Skins in the supplemental draft, and at the time (Zorn era) he seemed poised to be a great fit for the D (4-3 scheme - pass rushing DE).

When Shanny was deemed the new sheriff, he switched up to a 3-4, and Jarmon just couldn't fit in. I don't think there was any ill will, or refusal to play or anything (like with Hayensworth), but the guy just couldn't get on the field and contribute as a 34 DE, or as an OLB. He has upside, and should fair much better in a 4-3 scheme.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:20 pm 
Unthought Known

I like the Josh Wilson pick up, good bye Carlos!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/foo ... _blog.html

All three CBs are local...2 UMD guys, and a VT guy.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:58 am 
Unthought Known

Fat Albert traded to the Patriots for a 5th round 2013 draft pick. Good riddance to dead weight.

While they're just patching together a team without truly rebuilding, I have a little bit more optimism about this team this year. Last year it was all just bad vibes and Shanny got off to a bad start. Hopefully this year, things aren't as bleak. Yes, there are some glaring gaps in key positions, but even if we suck, it feels like we're slowly starting to move in the right direction.

"Remember back the early days when you were young and thus amazed."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:01 am 
AnalLog

Riot Actor 25 wrote:
Fat Albert traded to the Patriots for a 5th round 2013 draft pick. Good riddance to dead weight.

While they're just patching together a team without truly rebuilding, I have a little bit more optimism about this team this year. Last year it was all just bad vibes and Shanny got off to a bad start. Hopefully this year, things aren't as bleak. Yes, there are some glaring gaps in key positions, but even if we suck, it feels like we're slowly starting to move in the right direction.

who's your starting QB & RB?
y'all should sign Matt Light.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:02 pm 
Unthought Known

EllisEamos wrote:
Riot Actor 25 wrote:

who's your starting QB & RB?
y'all should sign Matt Light.

Starting QB will most likely either be John Beck (who Shanny wanted to draft to Denver before being fired), or Rex Grossman (who played better than McNabb in the 3 games he started).

RB will be Ryan Torrain (power truck type of runner). He really, really impressed when he was in but seems to be a bit injury prone. Other RBs...Keland (sp?) Williams, James Davis, and the team drafted two...the best being Helu out of Nebraska.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:05 pm 
Unthought Known

McNabb for a 6th rounder, and Hayensworth for a 5th? Man, the Redskins are getting hosed here. Everyone knows they were desperate to get rid of these guys, and took full advantage. Glad the drama with both of them is gone, as I'm sure the coaches/team/FO are too, but still, they got hosed with these deals (considering what was given up / paid to get them).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:06 pm 
AnalLog

darth_vedder wrote:
Starting QB will most likely either be John Beck (who Shanny wanted to draft to Denver before being fired), or Rex Grossman (who played better than McNabb in the 3 games he started).

RB will be Ryan Torrain (power truck type of runner). He really, really impressed when he was in but seems to be a bit injury prone. Other RBs...Keland (sp?) Williams, James Davis, and the team drafted two...the best being Helu out of Nebraska.

oh, then you're fucked.

say it w/ me:

Andrew Luck, here we come!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:09 pm 
Unthought Known

EllisEamos wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:

oh, then you're fucked.

say it w/ me:

Andrew Luck, here we come!

Haha, you may be right. I actually think the Redskins will be slightly better from their 6-10 mark last year. I'm not claiming play-offs or anything, but it wouldn't surprise me to see marginal improvements this year, and finish with a 7-9 / 8-8 type year.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:10 pm 
Unthought Known

Insiders saying Casey Rabach (Center) has been cut. He was a big weaklink on the O-Line, so if this means we're gonna go after some big uglies today and tomorrow, this makes me happy.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:34 am 
Unthought Known

Hate to see Rabach go, but its necessary. We need to rebuild like other teams have done in the past with youth instead of plugging in veterans in key positions, offering them the world, then angrily watching them flake out and move onto another team.

Last year was such a headache with Haynesworth and McNabb. It feels like Shanny's really steering the ship this time around and not the Boy King.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:51 pm 
Unthought Known

I made it out to training camp for about an hour this morning. John Beck can certainly hit his receivers out in the flats, but his deep passes were consistently erratic and he rarely connected. When he did, the receivers were always a few yards out of bounds. He was starring down his receivers for the most part, but then he was also taking a long time to go through his reads, and by the time he'd dump it over the middle way too much time had passed since the snap. You add in a few dropped balls and Cooley getting stripped, and its all off to shaky start. Shanny won't put them in pads at all this week as they're all really pretty loose.

There's also interesting talk of Grossman not having been signed yet and rumors that Kyle Orton might end up in DC before too long.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:57 pm 
AnalLog

Riot Actor 25 wrote:
I made it out to training camp for about an hour this morning. John Beck can certainly hit his receivers out in the flats, but his deep passes were consistently erratic and he rarely connected. When he did, the receivers were always a few yards out of bounds. He was starring down his receivers for the most part, but then he was also taking a long time to go through his reads, and by the time he'd dump it over the middle way too much time had passed since the snap. You add in a few dropped balls and Cooley getting stripped, and its all off to shaky start. Shanny won't put them in pads at all this week as they're all really pretty loose.

There's also interesting talk of Grossman not having been signed yet and rumors that Kyle Orton might end up in DC before too long.

hightower should help the backfield.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:52 am 
Unthought Known

The scuttlebutt out of Redskins Park is that there's practically NO ONE out there watching training camp. The turnout's been so light that the Boy King himself, Dan Snyder, was out making the rounds today amongst his few subjects, signing autographs for the peasants.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:49 am 
Unthought Known

I wonder if this is league wide? Lots of people probably made other plans due to the uncertainty of the lockout, and some people are still pretty jaded over the lockout in general. Combine that with the Redskins losing ways, and it doesn't surprise me at all that turnout is low.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 346 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 18  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports