Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 378 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Toronto Maple Leafs Thread
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:21 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

EastHastings wrote:
What kind of potential does boyce have? I see him popping in a few goals here and there. A lot of them as a result of hard forechecking. Was he a scorer in junior? I see he was undrafted. Was he one of the ncaa guys?

Boyce was the captain of the University of New Brunswick hockey team right here in Fredericton.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:14 am 
Poney Girl

teflonsteve wrote:
EastHastings wrote:
What kind of potential does boyce have? I see him popping in a few goals here and there. A lot of them as a result of hard forechecking. Was he a scorer in junior? I see he was undrafted. Was he one of the ncaa guys?

Boyce was the captain of the University of New Brunswick hockey team right here in Fredericton.

Shutup Steve, you HOMER.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:45 pm 
Supersonic

teflonsteve wrote:
EastHastings wrote:

I was captain of my university hockey team too!

Except... you know... it was intramural co-ed hockey and we were in the rec division and finished 3rd last. But still...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:07 pm 
statistically insignificant

Good riddance, Francois.

Hopefully Komisarek is next.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:08 pm 

Also, really excited that Burke acquired Gardiner. From the little I've read he seems like a pretty legit prospect.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:52 pm 
Supersonic

Here's the big question: what would you do with MacArthur and Grabovski?

Both are having great seasons, but MacArthur is a RFA who will get a huge raise and Grabovski is 27 years old having a breakout season. Would you keep them or trade them for prospects while their stocks are sky-high?

I would keep both, but I won't be horribly upset if either is traded with a big return.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:11 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

I would like to see them hang on to Grabovski but move MacArthur while he is hot.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:42 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

EastHastings wrote:
What is the god damn deal with Aulie? Why is he not getting solid time on the team? He's been in the AHL for years, from what i understand.
You can't tell me he wasn't playing better than half the leaf defense. Plus his ceiling, I believe, can be pretty high skillwise.

Aulie is called up with the trade of Beauchemin. Gonna be some big minutes up for grabs now.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:48 pm 
Supersonic

teflonsteve wrote:
EastHastings wrote:
What is the god damn deal with Aulie? Why is he not getting solid time on the team? He's been in the AHL for years, from what i understand.
You can't tell me he wasn't playing better than half the leaf defense. Plus his ceiling, I believe, can be pretty high skillwise.

Aulie is called up with the trade of Beauchemin. Gonna be some big minutes up for grabs now.

I think Aulie will gradually take more and more of them, too. The last few games Kaberle, Phaneuf, Schenn and Beauchemin all had 22-28 minutes while Komisarek, Lebda and Gunnarson all had under 10. I would assume Aulie jumps into 15 or so to start with Komisarek and Gunnarson picking up the rest of Beauchemin's minutes.

This is, of course, assuming Lebda continues to be the odd man out.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:52 am 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

teflonsteve wrote:
I would like to see them hang on to Grabovski but move MacArthur while he is hot.

The General will only come back to haunt you.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:26 pm 
Supersonic

Lupul on Twitter: "Clarke Mcarthur just txt me saying "I'm gonna feed u so many one-timers ur gonna need off-season shoulder surgery". Hillarious. I'm excited."

:lol:

Also, Mitchell cleared waivers today, so Aulie should be in the lineup tonight. He's supposed to be playing with Phaneuf, which I like because it means he'll probably get a lot of ice time.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:27 pm 
AnalLog

lupul will be real good if he's got a set up man to play w/

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:32 pm 
Supersonic

warehouse wrote:
lupul will be real good if he's got a set up man to play w/

:thumbsup:

But that's also what we've said about all these solid Leafs wingers since Sundin left.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:24 pm 

The best thing about the Beachemin deal might not be the assets the Leafs got in return. It might be that it opened up a spot on the blueline for Keith Aulie.

I think I'm really going to like this kid.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:34 pm 
Supersonic

thodoks wrote:
The best thing about the Beachemin deal might not be the assets the Leafs got in return. It might be that it opened up a spot on the blueline for Keith Aulie.

He played a great game last night... physical, positionally sound, confident and smart with the puck. I was waiting for Pierre McGuire's head to explode every time he talked about him. But yeah, Aulie in the lineup is great. He's everything Mike Komisarek was supposed to be and he and Phaneuf played great together.

Reimer was great again too. Kessel looked really good for his third straight game. It's nice to see him adding some defensive effort to his game and looking to pass instead of only shooting. If he keeps playing this way once he starts scoring again he'll have a hell of a second half.

Also... go figure, Buffalo and Florida, the two teams ahead of the Leafs, went to OT last night. :roll: Oh well, they're 7 points out of a playoff spot and playing really well lately.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:02 pm 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

PhilPritchard wrote:
thodoks wrote:

He played a great game last night... physical, positionally sound, confident and smart with the puck. I was waiting for Pierre McGuire's head to explode every time he talked about him. But yeah, Aulie in the lineup is great. He's everything Mike Komisarek was supposed to be and he and Phaneuf played great together.

Reimer was great again too. Kessel looked really good for his third straight game. It's nice to see him adding some defensive effort to his game and looking to pass instead of only shooting. If he keeps playing this way once he starts scoring again he'll have a hell of a second half.

Also... go figure, Buffalo and Florida, the two teams ahead of the Leafs, went to OT last night. :roll: Oh well, they're 7 points out of a playoff spot and playing really well lately.

http://didthemapleleafswin.com/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:29 pm 
Poney Girl

Mecca wrote:
PhilPritchard wrote:
thodoks wrote:

http://didthemapleleafswin.com/

This is a website I can get behind.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:31 am 
Supersonic

Well that was pretty terrible.

Schenn, Kaberle and Phaneuf all played less, Komisarek and Lebda played almost 15 minutes each. The team seems much better when the top two pairings (those three with Beauchemin/Aulie) are playing more. If the third pairing gets less than 10 minutes a game they're a much better team.

No one really seemed to play particularly well tonight, though I didn't see the whole thing. Schenn looked good on a couple PKs I saw.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:51 am 

I'd be shocked if one or both of the picks coming back for Versteeg aren't flipped. Pretty clear to me that Burke is trying to make a market in the East for Kaberle.

I really think Kaberle gets moved this year.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:04 am 
Supersonic

thodoks wrote:
I'd be shocked if one or both of the picks coming back for Versteeg aren't flipped. Pretty clear to me that Burke is trying to make a market in the East for Kaberle.

I really think Kaberle gets moved this year.

That's pretty much exactly what I thought, and apparently Burke has said he intends to keep the 1st and flip the 3rd as part of a package deal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 378 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports