Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 382 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: ÜSMNT: Era of Klinsmann
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:53 pm 
Got Some

http://www.ussoccerstore.com/us00m113112ab.html

Not a big fan of the new home jerseys.....

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:16 pm 
Unthought Known

verb_to_trust wrote:
http://www.ussoccerstore.com/us00m113112ab.html

Not a big fan of the new home jerseys.....

I wish they would just stick with a template. I usually like the US jerseys(this one is no different,) but I'd like to see the US have an identity. Like how England wears white, Brazil wears yellow and blue, Argentina has the blue stripes, and so on. Every 2 years our jersey is radically different.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:38 am 
Got Some

My main beef is with our crest (check my avatar), there should be no stars as we have not won a world cup.

I've seen some other shots of the new home kits and they look a little better. Maybe they will grow on me. I think they are attempting to keep the sash around for consistency, but feel the need to change the design all the time to cash in every year or two.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:02 pm 
Unthought Known

verb_to_trust wrote:
My main beef is with our crest (check my avatar), there should be no stars as we have not won a world cup.

I've seen some other shots of the new home kits and they look a little better. Maybe they will grow on me. I think they are attempting to keep the sash around for consistency, but feel the need to change the design all the time to cash in every year or two.

Totally agreed on the stars thing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:17 pm 
Got Some

The supporters section for a qualifier this summer?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:55 am 
Poney Girl

mick7184 wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

Totally agreed on the stars thing.

I can look past the scudetto/championship star and stars via the "stars and stripes" so it doesn't bother me at all. plus if it does happen the scudetto stars would go above the crest like how USWNT has it.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:38 pm 
Got Some

First wave of callups for WCQ is here:

Goalkeepers: Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Tim Howard (Everton), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)

Defenders: Carlos Bocanegra (Rangers), Edgar Castillo (Club Tijuana), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover), Alfredo Morales (Hertha Berlin)

Midfielders: Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Michael Bradley (Chievo Verona), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana), Maurice Edu (Rangers), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim), Jermaine Jones (Schalke 04), Jose Torres (Pachuca), Danny Williams (Hoffenheim)

Forwards: Clint Dempsey (Fulham)

2nd straight summer Chandler has given a bullshit excuse of needing rest. Its obvious he is holding out for Germany, which is fine. I am burned by the fact he has used us to showcase himself in friendlies though. As good of a player as he is its time to move on, fuck him. And if he is waiting on Germany I think he will probably be waiting a long time. He will never sniff their midfield and will ride the bench at best as a defender.

JK on Chandler:

"He has expressed his appreciation for all the opportunities we have given him, but he also feels at this point he needs to take a break. The door is certainly not closed on Timmy, but in the moment we move on without him."

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:36 am 
Unthought Known

verb_to_trust wrote:

Goalkeepers: Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Tim Howard (Everton), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)

Defenders: Carlos Bocanegra (Rangers), Edgar Castillo (Club Tijuana), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover), Alfredo Morales (Hertha Berlin)

Midfielders: Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Michael Bradley (Chievo Verona), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana), Maurice Edu (Rangers), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim), Jermaine Jones (Schalke 04), Jose Torres (Pachuca), Danny Williams (Hoffenheim)

2nd straight summer Chandler has given a bullshit excuse of needing rest. Its obvious he is holding out for Germany, which is fine. I am burned by the fact he has used us to showcase himself in friendlies though. As good of a player as he is its time to move on, fuck him. And if he is waiting on Germany I think he will probably be waiting a long time. He will never sniff their midfield and will ride the bench at best as a defender.

JK on Chandler:

"He has expressed his appreciation for all the opportunities we have given him, but he also feels at this point he needs to take a break. The door is certainly not closed on Timmy, but in the moment we move on without him."

Yeah Chandler clearly doesnt want to captie himself, but he also has no chance of ever really playing for Germany so good luck to him. I agree that it's pretty rotten that he has used our national team to showcase himself for another. It's one thing for a German born guy like Jones to try to crack the German squad, fail to do so, and play for us as the fallback option, but for a guy to just use our team like this sucks. I hope he's happy when he's captied to Germany, isnt playing, and cant switch back.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:53 am 
Got Some

mick7184 wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

JK on Chandler:

Yeah Chandler clearly doesnt want to captie himself, but he also has no chance of ever really playing for Germany so good luck to him. I agree that it's pretty rotten that he has used our national team to showcase himself for another. It's one thing for a German born guy like Jones to try to crack the German squad, fail to do so, and play for us as the fallback option, but for a guy to just use our team like this sucks. I hope he's happy when he's captied to Germany, isnt playing, and cant switch back.

He could have played in at least 2 World Cups for us. Eric Lijach and Fabian Johnson are still a pretty good looking young fullback tandem so its not as if we are still being forced to plug in Borenstien...

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 1:05 am 
Unthought Known

verb_to_trust wrote:
mick7184 wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

JK on Chandler:

He could have played in at least 2 World Cups for us. Eric Lijach and Fabian Johnson are still a pretty good looking young fullback tandem so its not as if we are still being forced to plug in Borenstien...

I'm actually worried about qualifying this time, hopefully Klinsmann can finally build something here but so far his reign has been a colossal disappointment, this team hasnt looked this bad since the 90s.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 1:14 pm 
Got Some

You do know we beat Italy on the road in our last game, right?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:23 pm 
Got Some

mick7184 wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
mick7184 wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

JK on Chandler:

I'm actually worried about qualifying this time, hopefully Klinsmann can finally build something here but so far his reign has been a colossal disappointment, this team hasnt looked this bad since the 90s.

I'm more with Mick on this one. The system JK has tried to implement has not really taken yet. Its true he hasn't had his best squad together as coach yet but the team has truly struggled to create chances. We should be making the jump towards a more elite level as a country with more players than ever thriving in Europe but it does seem as if we have regressed since around 2009. I also feel JK has made some strange pool selections at times....

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:43 pm 
Unthought Known

verb_to_trust wrote:
mick7184 wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
mick7184 wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

JK on Chandler:

I'm more with Mick on this one. The system JK has tried to implement has not really taken yet. Its true he hasn't had his best squad together as coach yet but the team has truly struggled to create chances. We should be making the jump towards a more elite level as a country with more players than ever thriving in Europe but it does seem as if we have regressed since around 2009. I also feel JK has made some strange pool selections at times....

the best squad thing is what bothers me the most about JK, when he came in that was supposed to stop. Wasnt that the reason he didnt take the job in 06?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:45 pm 
Unthought Known

Ilium wrote:
You do know we beat Italy on the road in our last game, right?

so what, the team does has not looked good since Klinsmann took over, results mean little in friendlies, it's about how the team looks and how they are gelling. I dont think it's all Klinsmann, we've hit a dry spell in terms of young talent coming through and guys we've relied on the last 5 years getting old.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:34 am 
Got Some

I think the talent is there for the most part. We have a pair of young wingbacks in Fabian Johnson and Eric Liajch who are pretty promising and the midfield is very crowded. Where we lack is CB and Forward. Jozy has had a nice year in Holland though and is still very young and I think Terrance Boyd has promise. Think about it, a year ago we had to play Bornstien in the Gold Cup final when Dolo got hurt. That guy can't even get five minutes on the field in Mexico and he is the biggest reason we lost that game. These days a guy like that couldn't carry the jock of an Eric Liachj or Fabian Johnson. The team simply has not gelled. Hopefully that changes. I will be gutted if we don't qualify for the WC.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 10:23 pm 
Unthought Known

verb_to_trust wrote:
I think the talent is there for the most part. We have a pair of young wingbacks in Fabian Johnson and Eric Liajch who are pretty promising and the midfield is very crowded. Where we lack is CB and Forward. Jozy has had a nice year in Holland though and is still very young and I think Terrance Boyd has promise. Think about it, a year ago we had to play Bornstien in the Gold Cup final when Dolo got hurt. That guy can't even get five minutes on the field in Mexico and he is the biggest reason we lost that game. These days a guy like that couldn't carry the jock of an Eric Liachj or Fabian Johnson. The team simply has not gelled. Hopefully that changes. I will be gutted if we don't qualify for the WC.

Not being in the World Cup would be such a huge setback for the program and the sport's growth in this country. It has come SO far since the 06 world cup and not qualifying would probably set us back to where we were then.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 8:14 pm 
Got Some

Full 27 man roster called in. It will be cut down to 23:

Defenders: Carlos Bocanegra (Rangers), Edgar Castillo (Club Tijuana), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover), Alfredo Morales (Hertha Berlin), Geoff Cameron (Houston Dynamo), Oguchi Onyewu (Sporting CP), Michael Parkhurst (FC Nordsjaelland), Clarence Goodson (Brondby IF)

Midfielders: Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Michael Bradley (Chievo Verona), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana), Maurice Edu (Rangers), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim), Jermaine Jones (Schalke 04), Jose Torres (Pachuca), Danny Williams (Hoffenheim), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)

Forwards: Clint Dempsey (Fulham), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles Galaxy), Juan Agudelo (Chivas USA), Terrence Boyd (Borussia Dortmund), Herculez Gomez (Santos Laguna), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes), Jozy Altidore (AZ Alkmaar)

I guess Fabian Johnson is now the LB? No Eridc Lichaj is a freaking joke. He starts in the Prem but apparently isn't good enough to get called in for a 27 man camp. Edgar Castillo has, and will continue to show poorly. No depth at LB/RB.....

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:57 am 
Unthought Known

verb_to_trust wrote:
Full 27 man roster called in. It will be cut down to 23:

Defenders: Carlos Bocanegra (Rangers), Edgar Castillo (Club Tijuana), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover), Alfredo Morales (Hertha Berlin), Geoff Cameron (Houston Dynamo), Oguchi Onyewu (Sporting CP), Michael Parkhurst (FC Nordsjaelland), Clarence Goodson (Brondby IF)

Midfielders: Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Michael Bradley (Chievo Verona), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana), Maurice Edu (Rangers), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim), Jermaine Jones (Schalke 04), Jose Torres (Pachuca), Danny Williams (Hoffenheim), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)

Forwards: Clint Dempsey (Fulham), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles Galaxy), Juan Agudelo (Chivas USA), Terrence Boyd (Borussia Dortmund), Herculez Gomez (Santos Laguna), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes), Jozy Altidore (AZ Alkmaar)

I guess Fabian Johnson is now the LB? No Eridc Lichaj is a freaking joke. He starts in the Prem but apparently isn't good enough to get called in for a 27 man camp. Edgar Castillo has, and will continue to show poorly. No depth at LB/RB.....

Not to mention he calls in Parkhurst. I love Parkhurst but he cant play at the international level, he's made that abundantly clear almost every time he's been called in.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:08 am 
Got Some

Shea is an interesting snub, especially given the lack of depth on the wings. Klinnsman essentially explained it as "Brek needs to grow up".

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:15 am 
Unthought Known

It's hard to judge Klinssy's selections because he always calls in at least 3 players I either have never heard of or only know their name and the club they play for and nothing more.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 382 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports