Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166  Next

Who will hoist the Stanley Cup?
Los Angeles Kings over New York Rangers 21%  21%  [ 6 ]
Phoenix Coyotes over New York Rangers 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
New York Rangers over Los Angeles Kings 17%  17%  [ 5 ]
New York Rangers over Phoenix Coyotes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Los Angeles Kings over New Jersey Devils 39%  39%  [ 11 ]
Phoenix Coyotes over New Jersey Devils 10%  10%  [ 3 ]
New Jersey Devils over Los Angeles Kings 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
New Jersey Devils over Phoenix Coyotes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 28
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 2011-12 NHL Season
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:36 pm
Posts: 25824
Location: south jersey
southp wrote:
warehouse wrote:
lol that guy got beat up by fans idiot, nice try though


Yeah he was beaten after intentionally puking on the daughter.
Just saying, Philly fans are classy people, that's all.

i know, they defend people they dont even know

_________________
Feel the path of every day,... Which road you taking?,...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011-12 NHL Season
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:34 am
Posts: 12700
Location: ...a town in north Ontario...
warehouse wrote:
southp wrote:
warehouse wrote:
lol that guy got beat up by fans idiot, nice try though


Yeah he was beaten after intentionally puking on the daughter.
Just saying, Philly fans are classy people, that's all.

i know, they throw batteries at people they dont even know

_________________
I think we relinquished enough... and it's still dark enough... and it goes on and on and on...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011-12 NHL Season
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Red Headed Stepchild Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:40 am
Posts: 12509
Location: Pittsburgh
Gender: Male
PhilPritchard wrote:
warehouse wrote:
southp wrote:
warehouse wrote:
lol that guy got beat up by fans idiot, nice try though


Yeah he was beaten after intentionally puking on the daughter.
Just saying, Toronto fans are classy people, that's all.

i know, they throw bananas at people they dont even know

_________________
"i'm the crescent, the sickle, so sharp the blade
i'm the flick of the shank that opened your veins
i'm the dusk, i'm the frightening calm
i'm a hole in the pipeline, i'm a road side bomb..."

:peace: Frank


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011-12 NHL Season
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
In a van down by the river
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:15 am
Posts: 33031
philly 2
montreal 1

end of first intermission

_________________
maybe we can hum along...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011-12 NHL Season
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:10 am
Posts: 10993
Gender: Male
is this season still going on?

_________________
i8pork wrote:
being on the internet is fun as hell. :comp:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011-12 NHL Season
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:34 am
Posts: 12700
Location: ...a town in north Ontario...
sportsfreakpete6 wrote:
PhilPritchard wrote:
warehouse wrote:
southp wrote:
warehouse wrote:
lol that guy got beat up by fans idiot, nice try though


Yeah he was beaten after intentionally puking on the daughter.
Just saying, Toronto fans are classy people, that's all.

i know, they throw bananas at people they dont even know


Sorry for being a bit ignorant on this one, but I'm having trouble figuring out how an incident by a Detroit fan that happened in London during a game between Philadelphia and Detroit relates to Toronto fans. Could you help me out a bit?

_________________
I think we relinquished enough... and it's still dark enough... and it goes on and on and on...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011-12 NHL Season
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Reissued
 Profile

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:41 pm
Posts: 23014
Location: NOT FLO-RIDIN
Gender: Male
Well, for one, the post in question was made by Pete.

_________________
given2trade wrote:
Oh, you think I'm being douchey? Well I shall have to re-examine everything then. Thanks brah.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011-12 NHL Season
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Red Headed Stepchild Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:40 am
Posts: 12509
Location: Pittsburgh
Gender: Male
PhilPritchard wrote:
sportsfreakpete6 wrote:
PhilPritchard wrote:
warehouse wrote:
southp wrote:
warehouse wrote:
lol that guy got beat up by fans idiot, nice try though


Yeah he was beaten after intentionally puking on the daughter.
Just saying, Toronto fans are classy people, that's all.

i know, they throw bananas at people they dont even know


Sorry for being a bit ignorant on this one, but I'm having trouble figuring out how an incident by a Detroit fan that happened in London during a game between Philadelphia and Detroit relates to Toronto fans. Could you help me out a bit?


oh...i thought it was a Maple Laffs game...my b

_________________
"i'm the crescent, the sickle, so sharp the blade
i'm the flick of the shank that opened your veins
i'm the dusk, i'm the frightening calm
i'm a hole in the pipeline, i'm a road side bomb..."

:peace: Frank


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011-12 NHL Season
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Got Some
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:41 pm
Posts: 2846
Location: Montreal, Canada
Are we going to have an "official NHL lockout thread".

If you haven't see it, this is a great video:


_________________
Toronto '96/Montreal '98/Barrie '98/Jones Beach I & II/Montreal '00/Toronto '00/Albany '03/Montreal '03/Montreal '05/MSG I '08/Toronto '09/MSG II '10/Montreal '11
Vinyl Thread


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011-12 NHL Season
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:37 pm 
Offline
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:28 pm
Posts: 2573
Location: CT
This whole thing is the players fault.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011-12 NHL Season
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
a joke
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:08 am
Posts: 22978
Gender: Male
shinkdew wrote:
This whole thing is the players fault.



you're kidding, right?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011-12 NHL Season
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:46 pm 
Offline
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:28 pm
Posts: 2573
Location: CT
Skitch Patterson wrote:
shinkdew wrote:
This whole thing is the players fault.



you're kidding, right?


Nope. When was the last time the players (in any sport) won a CBA? Pretty much never. So if the NHLPA knows they won't win, what is the point of this?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011-12 NHL Season
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
a joke
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:08 am
Posts: 22978
Gender: Male
shinkdew wrote:
Skitch Patterson wrote:
shinkdew wrote:
This whole thing is the players fault.



you're kidding, right?


Nope. When was the last time the players (in any sport) won a CBA? Pretty much never. So if the NHLPA knows they won't win, what is the point of this?

i can live with that.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011-12 NHL Season
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:07 am 
Offline
User avatar
Reissued
 Profile

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:41 pm
Posts: 23014
Location: NOT FLO-RIDIN
Gender: Male
I hear that, but a lot of blame has to rest with the league too, who've shown very little desire to be reasonable about thing and, moreover, that they don't give much of a shit about the fans.

_________________
given2trade wrote:
Oh, you think I'm being douchey? Well I shall have to re-examine everything then. Thanks brah.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011-12 NHL Season
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:07 am 
Offline
User avatar
a joke
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:08 am
Posts: 22978
Gender: Male
Mickey wrote:
I hear that, but a lot of blame has to rest with the league too, who've shown very little desire to be reasonable about thing and, moreover, that they don't give much of a shit about the fans.



I think he's just saying he blames the players because he knows they'll give in eventually- even if they're totally right.

I absolutely blame the owners in this.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011-12 NHL Season
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:38 pm 
Offline
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:28 pm
Posts: 2573
Location: CT
Mickey wrote:
I hear that, but a lot of blame has to rest with the league too, who've shown very little desire to be reasonable about thing and, moreover, that they don't give much of a shit about the fans.


They do deserve blame and haven't been reasonable but they don't have to be, they hold all the cards.

FYI - the players don't give a shit about the fans either. It's all about the $$ on both sides.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011-12 NHL Season
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
On the bright side
 Profile

Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:42 pm
Posts: 17495
Location: Surfside Beach, SC
Gender: Male
I wonder if Time Warner has a Russian Hockey League Season Pass.

_________________
I remember thinking, "that's really gay". -- Cameronia


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011-12 NHL Season
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:20 pm 
Offline
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:28 pm
Posts: 2573
Location: CT
Rebar wrote:
I wonder if Time Warner has a Russian Hockey League Season Pass.


I think a lot of their games are live on youtube. I know the playoffs were last year. ESPN3 used to televise the games, but they stopped two seasons ago.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011-12 NHL Season
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Got Some
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:41 pm
Posts: 2846
Location: Montreal, Canada
I don't know who to blame more. I see crying millionaires on both sides of the table.

These players make tons of money just for playing a game they love, and they are pushing for more revenue sharing to shitty teams to ensure more NHL jobs. The owners of those poor teams are the same ones that want to cut down salaries so they can stay afloat. I don't think the Original six teams, or any of the "true hockey market" clubs are crying too loudly over salaries. But they are crying about forking money over to Phoenix and Columbus.

Is there anyone else here that would like to see them shut down 2-4 teams? This would decrease the number of fringe/goon players, improving overall caliber, and ultimately reducing the heavy revenue sharing that is at the heart of the owners complaints.

_________________
Toronto '96/Montreal '98/Barrie '98/Jones Beach I & II/Montreal '00/Toronto '00/Albany '03/Montreal '03/Montreal '05/MSG I '08/Toronto '09/MSG II '10/Montreal '11
Vinyl Thread


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011-12 NHL Season
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:36 pm
Posts: 25824
Location: south jersey
id love to see 2-4 team contraction, but it has nothing to do w/ enforcers. in fact, i want every team to have one.

_________________
Feel the path of every day,... Which road you taking?,...


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ED-209 and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:21 pm