Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163 ... 166  Next

Who will hoist the Stanley Cup?
Los Angeles Kings over New York Rangers 21%  21%  [ 6 ]
Phoenix Coyotes over New York Rangers 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
New York Rangers over Los Angeles Kings 17%  17%  [ 5 ]
New York Rangers over Phoenix Coyotes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Los Angeles Kings over New Jersey Devils 39%  39%  [ 11 ]
Phoenix Coyotes over New Jersey Devils 10%  10%  [ 3 ]
New Jersey Devils over Los Angeles Kings 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
New Jersey Devils over Phoenix Coyotes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 28
 Post subject: Re: 2011-12 NHL Season
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:58 am 
Landry

Esay Tikkanen. Dick.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:28 pm 
AnalLog

rangers get nash

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:01 pm 
AnalLog

yup, Artem Anisimov, Brandon Dubinsky, Tim Erixon and a 1st to Columbus.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:00 pm 
Supersonic

EllisEamos wrote:

Considering Howson's insane demands, that seems like very little for Nash. Anisimov is a good piece, Dubinsky is a great addition if they get the 2010-2011 version (as opposed to the vastly overpaid third-liner he was last year), Erixon seems like he'll be a good defenseman eventually and the first will likely be very late. Kinda meh.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:40 pm 
AnalLog

PhilPritchard wrote:
EllisEamos wrote:

Considering Howson's insane demands, that seems like very little for Nash. Anisimov is a good piece, Dubinsky is a great addition if they get the 2010-2011 version (as opposed to the vastly overpaid third-liner he was last year), Erixon seems like he'll be a good defenseman eventually and the first will likely be very late. Kinda meh.
and the rangers now have gaborik, richards, and nash.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:31 pm 
Got Some

PhilPritchard wrote:
EllisEamos wrote:

I think Nash is way over-rated, I also think it will interesting to see how he plays when he's actually held accountable and has to play a system, which isn't very offensive. He only scored 60-70 points in a system revolved around him, how many is he going to get playing that shitty system the Rangers employ?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:55 pm 
a joke

The hard part is Nash had 6 teams he would consent to a trade to... and one of them was inter division detroit- which wasn't happening. So with only 5 teams on his list, he killed any leverage columbus had.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:58 pm 
AnalLog

Skitch Patterson wrote:
The hard part is Nash had 6 teams he would consent to a trade to... and one of them was inter division detroit- which wasn't happening. So with only 5 teams on his list, he killed any leverage columbus had.
folks, you're all forgetting that he just left columbus for NYC, gets paid the same (maybe more w/ exposure), and is on a playoff team.

i think it worked out just how he'd like.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:00 pm 
a joke

EllisEamos wrote:
Skitch Patterson wrote:
folks, you're all forgetting that he just left columbus for NYC, gets paid the same (maybe more w/ exposure), and is on a playoff team.

Im not forgetting anything, Im commenting on how Nash put Columbus in a spot to have no leverage to make the "best" deal.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:09 pm 
AnalLog

Skitch Patterson wrote:
EllisEamos wrote:
Skitch Patterson wrote:

Im not forgetting anything, Im commenting on how Nash put Columbus in a spot to have no leverage to make the "best" deal.
oh. yeah, well why would he give a flip about them... they've only been paying him for years.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:26 pm 
Got Some

shinkdew wrote:
PhilPritchard wrote:
EllisEamos wrote:

I think Nash is way over-rated, I also think it will interesting to see how he plays when he's actually held accountable and has to play a system, which isn't very offensive. He only scored 60-70 points in a system revolved around him, how many is he going to get playing that shitty system the Rangers employ?

but what did they really give up to get him? An overpaid third liner, a guy who is a second line center at best potentially, a top 4 defenseman at best (he's no stud), and a late first rounder

what a steal...if I didn't know any better, I'd say Bettman brokered this deal so he can award the not to be awarded next June Stanley Cup to the Rangers

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:31 pm 
Got Some

MattA751 wrote:
shinkdew wrote:
PhilPritchard wrote:
EllisEamos wrote:

but what did they really give up to get him? An overpaid third liner, a guy who is a second line center at best potentially, a top 4 defenseman at best (he's no stud), and a late first rounder

what a steal...if I didn't know any better, I'd say Bettman brokered this deal so he can award the not to be awarded next June Stanley Cup to the Rangers

I wouldn't be surprised if Anisimov scored as many points as Nash next year. And Dubinsky has some offensive talent as well. The Rangers will only go as far as Lundqvist takes them. Not for nothing but Vinny Prospal had almost as many points as Nash last season.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:03 am 
Got Some

shinkdew wrote:
MattA751 wrote:
shinkdew wrote:
PhilPritchard wrote:
EllisEamos wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if Anisimov scored as many points as Nash next year. And Dubinsky has some offensive talent as well. The Rangers will only go as far as Lundqvist takes them. Not for nothing but Vinny Prospal had almost as many points as Nash last season.

you do realize that the best player Nash has ever played with is probably David Vyborny, right?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:19 am 
Supersonic

shinkdew wrote:
PhilPritchard wrote:
EllisEamos wrote:

The system "revolved around him" because they haven't had a single player even remotely close to his calibre on the team since the day he was drafted. I'm not saying he'll have some kind of huge breakout just because he's on a new team (though it wouldn't surprise me at all) but the players he's with on the Rangers are by far (like... by FAR far) the most offensively talented group he will have played with in the NHL.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:34 pm 
Got Some

Preds have matched the offer sheet for Weber.

8/22/98,9/11/05,8/21/09,9/15/11

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:55 pm 
AnalLog

haha, philly sucks.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:06 pm 
Reissued

They knew going into it that Poile had stated he was going to match. Maybe they didn't get Weber, but they ensured that either he'd be a Flyer or he'd be in Nashville--he's not going anywhere else. They've got problems on defense, but at least they're not facing Pittsburgh plus Weber.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:47 pm 
AnalLog

Mickey wrote:
They knew going into it that Poile had stated he was going to match. Maybe they didn't get Weber, but they ensured that either he'd be a Flyer or he'd be in Nashville--he's not going anywhere else. They've got problems on defense, but at least they're not facing Pittsburgh plus Weber.
blah blah, philly sucks.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:09 pm 
Supersonic

EllisEamos wrote:
Mickey wrote:
blah blah, philly sucks.

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:35 pm 
Reissued

EllisEamos wrote:
Mickey wrote:
blah blah, philly sucks.

Oh yeah, fuck 'em for sure. What's the top pairing now, Timonen and Meszaros?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163 ... 166  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports