Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166  Next

Who will hoist the Stanley Cup?
Los Angeles Kings over New York Rangers 21%  21%  [ 6 ]
Phoenix Coyotes over New York Rangers 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
New York Rangers over Los Angeles Kings 17%  17%  [ 5 ]
New York Rangers over Phoenix Coyotes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Los Angeles Kings over New Jersey Devils 39%  39%  [ 11 ]
Phoenix Coyotes over New Jersey Devils 10%  10%  [ 3 ]
New Jersey Devils over Los Angeles Kings 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
New Jersey Devils over Phoenix Coyotes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 28
 Post subject: Re: 2011-12 NHL Season
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:11 pm 
AnalLog

Mickey wrote:
warehouse wrote:
Mickey wrote:
the reasonable knocks on him are true.

cool, so we agree

Yup, lazy and selfish are reasonable blanket statements to make to a 30-goal scorer.

so being a 30 goal scorer and being selfish and lazy are mutually exclusive? are you new tho this sport?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:14 pm 
Got Some

MattA751 wrote:
I'm pretty sure Rick Nash's numbers would be a lot more impressive had he been riding on a power play with Ovechkin, Backstrom and Mike Green for the last 4-5 years

just saying...

Well, if you look at his numbers playing with a bunch of all stars on the Olympic team, they are actually much lower than with Columbus, .46 ppg versus .81 ppg.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:44 pm 
Got Some

ESPN has started production on a 30 for 30 film documenting the felonious purchase of the NY Islanders by John Spano.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:30 pm 
Reissued

So, exactly how terrible is Philly defense right now?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:22 pm 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

Mickey wrote:

They should offer sheet subban

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:40 pm 
Supersonic

Mickey wrote:

Before Meszaros went down, I would have called the defense "questionable." Now... yeah, it looks pretty bad.

I don't think what they would have to give up to offer sheet Subban would be worth it. Montreal would probably match anything other than a huge overpay, so paying him more than he's worth and giving up a bunch of picks (most likely 4 first round picks if the Flyers want to keep Montreal from matching) wouldn't be a very smart move.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:50 pm 
AnalLog

Mickey wrote:

almost as awful as your hockey knowledge

top 4 is fine w/ coburn, grossmann, timonen and schenn. the bottom pairing, however, is going to suck. bourdon showed flashed last year, but i think he needs to be paired w/ a solid vet to really do well. and no, gervais is not what i would call a "solid vet". i expect them to stand pat and make a move near the deadline to sure up the back end. then they will probably trade for weber next summer.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:48 pm 
Got Some
 WWW  Profile

Grossmann is a top-4 D?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:58 pm 
AnalLog

southp wrote:
Grossmann is a top-4 D?

yes. have you watched him play?

flyers lock up wayne simmonds for 6 more years

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:37 pm 
Supersonic

warehouse wrote:
southp wrote:
Grossmann is a top-4 D?

Is it just me or do they have a lot of contracts at 3+ years for $4 million or so? It seems like that's what everyone on the Flyers is getting.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:40 pm 
AnalLog

PhilPritchard wrote:
warehouse wrote:
southp wrote:
Grossmann is a top-4 D?

Is it just me or do they have a lot of contracts at 3+ years for $4 million or so? It seems like that's what everyone on the Flyers is getting.

as long as its not over 10 years, b/c then they are surely getting traded.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:48 pm 
Supersonic

warehouse wrote:
PhilPritchard wrote:
warehouse wrote:
southp wrote:
Grossmann is a top-4 D?

as long as its not over 10 years, b/c then they are surely getting traded.

:lol:

I hate to say it, but I think it's a pretty smart strategy they seem to be employing. They're signing young players to extensions that could turn out to be good bargains, but the money and terms are low enough that they won't be in a tough spot if they don't work out. They sure seem to have learned from Carter/Richards pretty quickly.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:20 pm 
Reissued

warehouse wrote:
Mickey wrote:

top 4 is fine w/ coburn, grossmann, timonen and schenn. the bottom pairing, however, is going to suck. bourdon showed flashed last year, but i think he needs to be paired w/ a solid vet to really do well. and no, gervais is not what i would call a "solid vet". i expect them to stand pat and make a move near the deadline to sure up the back end. then they will probably trade for weber next summer.

Fine is a bit of a stretch. Coburn and Schenn should be alright, but they're not going to anchor any championship teams. Timonen is good when he's on, but he's streaky and he's also 37. After that, you're highly suspect--Grossman, eh. Gervais is absolutely not a solid vet, considering Tampa wouldn't even re-sign him. I think standing pat right now is a recipe for disaster--this is a weak d-corps in front of an admittedly shaky goalie, and an injury or two makes this the worst back line in the league.

I'm also not sure why you're so sure the Predators are going to trade Weber to you--other than the fact that you live in in Philly--they matched your front-loaded offer sheet, so they're already paying him the bulk of the salary in the next two years--why dump him?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:55 pm 
AnalLog

Mickey wrote:
warehouse wrote:
Mickey wrote:

Fine is a bit of a stretch. Coburn and Schenn should be alright, but they're not going to anchor any championship teams. Timonen is good when he's on, but he's streaky and he's also 37. After that, you're highly suspect--Grossman, eh. Gervais is absolutely not a solid vet, considering Tampa wouldn't even re-sign him. I think standing pat right now is a recipe for disaster--this is a weak d-corps in front of an admittedly shaky goalie, and an injury or two makes this the worst back line in the league.

I'm also not sure why you're so sure the Predators are going to trade Weber to you--other than the fact that you live in in Philly--they matched your front-loaded offer sheet, so they're already paying him the bulk of the salary in the next two years--why dump him?

i really thought grossmann was awesome the entire time we had him here. he's not gonna score alot, but i thought he was exactly what we needed in the d zone. he's physical and rarely out of position. coburn is gonna have to shoulder more offense from the back end, which he has done in the past, but he's changed his game to more of a defensive role. i love timonen, he's probably one of the most consistent dmen the flyers have ever had, but at his age he shouldnt have to be on a top pairing anymore. i expect him to get top PP minutes and some PK work, but he shouldnt have to go against top lines at 5 on 5. i'm not really sure what to expect from schenn. i know he's solid defensively, which should pair well w/ timonen who can join the rush well. i just hope playing w/ his brother psychs him up. the bottom pairing is gonna have to step up. i dunno who's left on the FA market, but i still think they make a move at the deadline to bolster the back end for a playoff run near the deadline. and yeah, gervais sucks.

the flyers have a history of signing/trading for big names, and i dunno if you've noticed, but i love shea weber.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:36 am 
Reissued

warehouse wrote:
Mickey wrote:
warehouse wrote:
Mickey wrote:

i really thought grossmann was awesome the entire time we had him here. he's not gonna score alot, but i thought he was exactly what we needed in the d zone. he's physical and rarely out of position. coburn is gonna have to shoulder more offense from the back end, which he has done in the past, but he's changed his game to more of a defensive role. i love timonen, he's probably one of the most consistent dmen the flyers have ever had, but at his age he shouldnt have to be on a top pairing anymore. i expect him to get top PP minutes and some PK work, but he shouldnt have to go against top lines at 5 on 5. i'm not really sure what to expect from schenn. i know he's solid defensively, which should pair well w/ timonen who can join the rush well. i just hope playing w/ his brother psychs him up. the bottom pairing is gonna have to step up. i dunno who's left on the FA market, but i still think they make a move at the deadline to bolster the back end for a playoff run near the deadline. and yeah, gervais sucks.

the flyers have a history of signing/trading for big names, and i dunno if you've noticed, but i love shea weber.

Oh no doubt, I just don't understand the deal on the Predators' end--if it's a salary dump, why not let him walk and collect the picks this year? Only way it happens is if the Flyers pony up some big-time prospects. But I've seen crazier things, I guess.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:04 pm 
Got Some
 WWW  Profile

My team may not have won a championship in 19 years but hey we've got the best jersey in pro-sports.

Ranking all pro-teams:
http://espn.go.com/espn/playbook/story/ ... orms-1-122

Ranking NHL teams:
http://espn.go.com/espn/playbook/story/ ... forms-1-30

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:09 pm 
AnalLog

they are also the most likely to call 911 on opposing players

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:24 pm 
Got Some
 WWW  Profile

warehouse wrote:
they are also the most likely to call 911 on opposing players

Correction - that's the fans :wink:

But hey, at least we don't intentionally vomit on little children
http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... DzUY1JaBBk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:39 pm 
AnalLog

lol that guy got beat up by fans idiot, nice try though

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:52 pm 
Got Some
 WWW  Profile

warehouse wrote:
lol that guy got beat up by fans idiot, nice try though

Yeah he was beaten after intentionally puking on the daughter.
Just saying, Philly fans are classy people, that's all.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports