Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 166  Next

Who will hoist the Stanley Cup?
Los Angeles Kings over New York Rangers 21%  21%  [ 6 ]
Phoenix Coyotes over New York Rangers 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
New York Rangers over Los Angeles Kings 17%  17%  [ 5 ]
New York Rangers over Phoenix Coyotes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Los Angeles Kings over New Jersey Devils 39%  39%  [ 11 ]
Phoenix Coyotes over New Jersey Devils 10%  10%  [ 3 ]
New Jersey Devils over Los Angeles Kings 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
New Jersey Devils over Phoenix Coyotes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 28
 Post subject: Re: 2011-12 NHL Season
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:11 am 
Supersonic

warehouse wrote:
PhilPritchard wrote:
warehouse wrote:
the message seems to be business as usual w/ shitty nhl suspensions. what shelley did was not worth 10 games...he got a boarding major and had to fight right after, i dont think much more was needed.

Well the five games of the pre-season are essentially meaningless. This is a 5-6 games suspension. If this play happens in the regular season it would be either 5-6.

And saying that he had to fight right after is "payment"... the guy's a goon and he fought a goon. So his punishment for a dirty hit was doing what he's paid to do, and what was inevitably going to happen before the end of the game anyway?

If it was actually a 10 game suspension I would say it's two much, but it's not.

yeah i dont think he would have gotten 10 in the regular season. probably 8ish. i dont think fighting was "payment", he got a 5 minute major and got kicked out of the game. i'm just saying he did the right thing.

i heard about the simmonds thing. totally embarrassing. i hope the flyers dont play any "home" games there anymore, fuckin ridiculous that happens. on a side note, since i cant wear my richards jersey anymore, i'm getting a simmonds jersey, and probably shenn eventually.

You get a Schenn jersey and I'll get a Schenn jersey and we'll fight.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:25 pm 
Got Some

Shelley is a repeat offender. That's part of the reason the suspension is longer.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:51 pm 
AnalLog

PhilPritchard wrote:
warehouse wrote:
PhilPritchard wrote:
warehouse wrote:
the message seems to be business as usual w/ shitty nhl suspensions. what shelley did was not worth 10 games...he got a boarding major and had to fight right after, i dont think much more was needed.

Well the five games of the pre-season are essentially meaningless. This is a 5-6 games suspension. If this play happens in the regular season it would be either 5-6.

And saying that he had to fight right after is "payment"... the guy's a goon and he fought a goon. So his punishment for a dirty hit was doing what he's paid to do, and what was inevitably going to happen before the end of the game anyway?

If it was actually a 10 game suspension I would say it's two much, but it's not.

yeah i dont think he would have gotten 10 in the regular season. probably 8ish. i dont think fighting was "payment", he got a 5 minute major and got kicked out of the game. i'm just saying he did the right thing.

i heard about the simmonds thing. totally embarrassing. i hope the flyers dont play any "home" games there anymore, fuckin ridiculous that happens. on a side note, since i cant wear my richards jersey anymore, i'm getting a simmonds jersey, and probably shenn eventually.

i like you, i dont wanna beat you up ;)

the best part of shelley's suspension was shanny's video. hopefully he does that for every suspension

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:31 pm 
Supersonic

warehouse wrote:
PhilPritchard wrote:
warehouse wrote:
PhilPritchard wrote:
warehouse wrote:

i like you, i dont wanna beat you up ;)

the best part of shelley's suspension was shanny's video. hopefully he does that for every suspension

Yeah, it's great that he's already being accountable for his decisions more than Campbell ever was by thoroughly explain the reasoning like that.

Option #2: You get a Kessel jersey and I get a Kessel jersey and I'll just stand off to the side and watch other people fight.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:47 pm 
AnalLog

:haha:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:17 pm 
AnalLog

the videos have to continue.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:19 pm 
Got Some

This is kind of fucked up. The co-owner of the Devils is paying $25m to get rid of his 47% stake in the team.

Quote:
n a stunning development, New Jersey Devils co-owner Ray Chambers has agreed to pay $25 million to unload his 47 percent stake in the team, sources close to the situation told The Post.

Team lenders will get the cash as part of a deal to refinance the franchise’s debt, and principal owner Jeffrey Vanderbeek will get Chambers’ stake in the team, sources said.

The strange deal highlights both the shaky financial condition of the Newark-based team and the caustic relationship between the two owners.

As the deal is structured, Chambers, who has been looking to exit the mostly money-losing franchise for about a year, appears to feel the equity in the NHL team is worthless.

It also means that the billionaire Chambers, through his Brick City operation, is tired of pumping money into the troubled team.

People close to Chambers said he was never interested in making a profit from his Devils investment -- but simply to help re-develop Newark.

Under National Hockey League rules, Chambers is on the hook for any cash infusion the Devils might need as long as he’s listed as the owner, sources said.

The sale of Chambers’ stake in Devils Arena Entertainment also includes his piece of the company that operates the Prudential Center, the Newark arena where the Devils, Nets and Liberty play.
Devils Arena Entertainment has debt of roughly $180 million. So, presumably Chambers’ view is the team and arena operations are worth less than that amount.

Chambers and Vanderbeek are co-owners in Devils Arena Entertainment, but only Chambers has the funds to finance the team, as the two guaranteed in the owners’ support agreement they signed in 2004 when buying the club.

If the deal closes, it would add some clarity for Devils Arena management in making player salary decisions, and selling arena suites.

The co-owners need approval from the Devils lending group, and the NHL, to close the deal, which is no sure thing, sources said.

A Chambers spokesman and the Devils did not return calls.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:45 pm 
Got Some
 WWW  Profile

i flipped over to the sabres/leafs game a few times, pretty nice seeing no advertisements on the boards

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:30 pm 
Stone's Red Headed Stepchild Bitch

shinkdew wrote:
This is kind of fucked up. The co-owner of the Devils is paying $25m to get rid of his 47% stake in the team.

Quote:
n a stunning development, New Jersey Devils co-owner Ray Chambers has agreed to pay $25 million to unload his 47 percent stake in the team, sources close to the situation told The Post.

Team lenders will get the cash as part of a deal to refinance the franchise’s debt, and principal owner Jeffrey Vanderbeek will get Chambers’ stake in the team, sources said.

The strange deal highlights both the shaky financial condition of the Newark-based team and the caustic relationship between the two owners.

As the deal is structured, Chambers, who has been looking to exit the mostly money-losing franchise for about a year, appears to feel the equity in the NHL team is worthless.

It also means that the billionaire Chambers, through his Brick City operation, is tired of pumping money into the troubled team.

People close to Chambers said he was never interested in making a profit from his Devils investment -- but simply to help re-develop Newark.

Under National Hockey League rules, Chambers is on the hook for any cash infusion the Devils might need as long as he’s listed as the owner, sources said.

The sale of Chambers’ stake in Devils Arena Entertainment also includes his piece of the company that operates the Prudential Center, the Newark arena where the Devils, Nets and Liberty play.
Devils Arena Entertainment has debt of roughly $180 million. So, presumably Chambers’ view is the team and arena operations are worth less than that amount.

Chambers and Vanderbeek are co-owners in Devils Arena Entertainment, but only Chambers has the funds to finance the team, as the two guaranteed in the owners’ support agreement they signed in 2004 when buying the club.

If the deal closes, it would add some clarity for Devils Arena management in making player salary decisions, and selling arena suites.

The co-owners need approval from the Devils lending group, and the NHL, to close the deal, which is no sure thing, sources said.

A Chambers spokesman and the Devils did not return calls.

I really don't see how this is fucked up. It's business. And an entertainment business at that. If the other co-owner signed a bad contract on his end, Chambers shouldn't feel bad. It's not like he should have assumed Chambers would want to be around forever.

i'm a hole in the pipeline, i'm a road side bomb..."

:peace: Frank

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:41 pm 
Got Some

I don't care if it is pre-season, I still love watching hockey live.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:13 am 

Can we just keeper league this year?

Also, I'd highly benefit from a 7:30pm PDT start time rather than 7:15 PDT.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:23 am 
Got Some

I'd benefit from it not being on Wednesday since I'm going to the Avs game that night.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:47 am 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

How bout that Brendan Shanahan?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:30 am 

Mecca wrote:

Yeah, Wisniewski for 8 regular season game? Damn.

Tom Sestito fucked up a Rag tonight. He should be getting about 10 games for this one.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:16 am 

I won't be there for the draft Thursday night. I have to work at the Pitt game. :(

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:09 pm 
Supersonic

sportsfreakpete6 wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Yeah, Wisniewski for 8 regular season game? Damn.

Tom Sestito fucked up a Rag tonight. He should be getting about 10 games for this one.

Yeah that's gotta be about the same as the Shelley hit. I love Bickell's reaction too... on the Shelley hit, Rosehill kind of went over and asked him to fight, and I'm pretty sure Shelley actually dropped the gloves first (yet somehow Rosehill still got an instigator penalty). I love how Bickell didn't even give him a chance to react and just went right after him.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:12 pm 
AnalLog

stupid play by sestito. he's got a chance to make this team over shelley, but not by doing dumbass things like that.

rinaldo had a real nice fight last night, and sean avery showed he's deathly afraid of wayne simmonds. jagr also looked real good, which was totally weird to watch. like watching the olympics and cheering for parise.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:13 pm 
Got Some
 WWW  Profile

My rankings are done and ready for auto-pilot... I'll be on the ice myself when the draft happens.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:51 pm 

If Wayne Simmonds gets anything more than a fine for this Sean Avery bullshit, I'll be pissed. There's got to me some level of sensitivity for it considering what happened to Simmonds a week ago.

Man, Sean Avery is so gay.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:59 pm 

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/consol ... &id=125073

He's going to get tired of doing these eventually. This has got to be like number 12 in 10 days of preseason play. Colin Campbell wouldn't haven even given the automatic one, to be honest.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 166  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports